• 2 weeks later...

The fake news problem has not only not diminished, it has gotten worse.

Look here at Axios, which is an innovative idea by a young journalist aimed at young people (basically, very short articles). Axios leans left, but has generally been fact-based (with some lapses).

But look at this turkey from eleven hours ago as of this posting.

Scoop: Trump suggested nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting U.S.

Do you know what the sources were?

"one source who was there"

"A source briefed on the NSC memo"

That's it.

One unnamed person "who was there" (supposedly) and another unnamed person who was "briefed" on some goddam memo.

Trump's response (from the G7 Summit):

Axios later added a mention of President Trump's response, but did not say, "Oops," or anything like that.

:) 

Now, Axios is seeing winter coming:

Conservative media thrives, grows broader under Trump

This story is from 49 minutes ago (as of this post).

I could not have scripted this better to illustrate the entrenched and massive fake news problem on the left. A total turkey, then a gulp. :) 

Do these people say that turkeys like the nuke hurricane article based on garbage sources--even by news outlets considered more objective than most--are one of the reasons people are abandoning liberal media? That censorship of conservative voices is another? Things like that?

Noooo.

According to the article:

The bottom line: Typically, the opposition party has a media explosion in response to whichever political group is in power. But the economic stress of the media industry, combined with the Trump-driven conservative strategy of broad messaging, has upended that dynamic.

Look and observe self-inflicted blindness.

In O-Land, this is called evasion.

Michael

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, CNN, "the most trusted name in news," hosted someone who purports to be a psychiatrist who said President Trump is worse than Hitler, Stalin and Mao and may become a bigger butcher of humans than they were.

Stelter later said the dog ate his homework--that he didn't hear the comment from the guy he was talking to.

Did I mention that CNN is the most trusted name in news?

Michael

Using psychiatry as a political weapon isn't new, but it's still very disturbing to me whenever I see it.

It's a violation of "The Goldwater Rule," which was adopted by the APA in response to leftist activists back in the 60s misusing psychiatry to smear Barry Goldwater. The APA's position is that psychiatrists should not offer opinions or diagnoses of the mental health of public figures whom they have not examined and properly evaluated in person, and that offering such opinions is the misuse of psychiatry and is unacceptable and unethical.

Jan 09, 2018

APA Calls for End to 'Armchair' Psychiatry 

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) reiterates its continued and unwavering commitment to the ethical principle known as "The Goldwater Rule." We at the APA call for an end to psychiatrists providing professional opinions in the media about public figures whom they have not examined, whether it be on cable news appearances, books, or in social media. Armchair psychiatry or the use of psychiatry as a political tool is the misuse of psychiatry and is unacceptable and unethical...

https://www.psychiatry.org/newsroom/news-releases/apa-calls-for-end-to-armchair-psychiatry

It is interesting to discover that not buying into the climate doom narrative, and not wanting to punish the rich, are examples of craziness. Heh. What is wrong with you? We're going to stick it to those who have more than we do, and you're not going to support us and help us take what we want? You must be mentally ill!

• Like 1

What's especially disturbing to me about the alleged professionals diagnosing Trump (and his followers) is that their descriptions of their alleged observations don't match reality. They speak of constant "tantrums," "meltdowns," "tirades," and such, to describe Trump's calm explanations of his disagreement with his political opponents. They infer the worst possible motives in any statement that he makes, assign those motives to him despite evidence to the contrary, and then judge his mental health based on nothing but those hostile inferences and false assignations.

These are people who are practicing mental health professionals. It appears that climatology isn't the only profession which has been polluted by political activism.

J

• Like 1

The mental health people who offer diagnoses at a distance probably should take a look at former President Obama.

He's the staunchest supporter of manmade climate doom there is. Yet he just plunked down 15 million dollars for a beachfront property that--according to "settled science"--will be underwater in 10 to 12 years.

Maybe they can help him with meds or something...

Michael

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Once this story got out, Hillary Clinton tweeted: "We should not nuke hurricanes."

You can almost feel the condescension dripping off her words as she communed with her inner hall monitor.

Then this happened.

LOL...

Michael

8 hours ago, Jonathan said:

What's especially disturbing to me about the alleged professionals diagnosing Trump (and his followers) is that their descriptions of their alleged observations don't match reality. They speak of constant "tantrums," "meltdowns," "tirades," and such, to describe Trump's calm explanations of his disagreement with his political opponents. They infer the worst possible motives in any statement that he makes, assign those motives to him despite evidence to the contrary, and then judge his mental health based on nothing but those hostile inferences and false assignations.

These are people who are practicing mental health professionals. It appears that climatology isn't the only profession which has been polluted by political activism.

J

Psychiatrists ruined my aunt, sister and niece. They fuck over many more women than men.

--Brant

just for the fucking record

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

He's the staunchest supporter of manmade climate doom there is. Yet he just plunked down 15 million dollars for a beachfront property that--according to "settled science"--will be underwater in 10 to 12 years.

Yup. Actions versus words. Obama knows that the rising seas doom is total bullshit. He doesn't believe it.

J

15 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Psychiatrists ruined my aunt, sister and niece. They fuck over many more women than men.

--Brant

just for the fucking record

It gets even worse when they have a government-paid position to nurture and protect.

J

Check this out:

Lawrence O’Donnell Reports Russian Oligarchs Co-Signed Trump’s Deutsche Bank Loan (UPDATED)

Here's another headline for the updated part:

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell Admits to ‘Error in Judgment’ on Thinly-Sourced Trump Story: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Reported It’

That was quick. Lawrence O’Donnell's show was last night, but these two headline from the same organization are for today, all both of them.

He's being crucified on Twitter right now. Here's just one of the milder comments.

And the beat goes on...
And the beat goes on...

Michael

In relation to the last post, a fake news story that a Russian oligarch co-signed a loan for Trump, doesn't it seem odd that this story came out around the same time the fake news story about Trump wanting to nuke hurricanes did?

Here's another idea.

Maybe President Trump is saying these things, but one-on-one to a person he is testing, or maybe in a group where people he can trust 100% are present plus the one he is testing. The trick is to tell a different story to each person he is testing with an air that he is saying this to many, then see which absurd story hits the press. That way he will know who his leakers are.

For instance, right after these absurd stories hit the press, we got this:

Trump’s Personal Assistant, Madeleine Westerhout, Steps Down

She's a Romney and Bush girl, at that. See here: Madeleine Westerhout: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know.

I bet there are some others, too, who are losing their jobs.

The news about Westerhout was widely reported in the fake news media, but leaking was not given in many of them. In fact, the reason changed a lot from one venue to the next, meaning--to me, at least--these bozos didn't have an agreed-upon story for the eventuality that she would get busted. After all, if you're a reporter, you don't want President Trump, or all people, to know you were the one talking to the mole, right? So you say any old thing to pretend you didn't know leaking was the reason.

Michael

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

From the Heavy article:

Westerhout has been one of the President’s most trusted confidants since 2016. She started working for Trump as his “greeter girl” welcoming dignitaries visiting the President at Trump Tower while she was still assistant to Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Katie Walsh.

She quickly became part of the President’s inner circle. “Madeleine is the key,” Trump told the Washington Post in 2018. “She’s the secret. Because she’s the person—” He never got to finish his thought but the message was clear: If you wanted to talk to President Trump, you went through Madeleine Westerhout.

When President Trump’s schedule leaked earlier this year, Westerhout told the Washington times it was a “disgraceful breach of trust.” She was thought to be one of the few people that President Trump could trust to not leak information to the press. Her leaving the White House is not a surprise with the amount of turnover in this administration but the way she left, leaking information to the press, is a huge surprise.

The story as I gleaned it, was that the President's secretary may have had a few drinks and spoke to a handful of reporters 'off the record,' during the recent trip the president took to his Bedford property.  It has been reported that she spoke about the President's family (specifically Ivanka and Tiffany) ...

The news about Westerhout was widely reported in the fake news media, but leaking was not given in many of them. In fact, the reason changed a lot from one venue to the next, meaning--to me, at least--these bozos didn't have an agreed-upon story for the eventuality that she would get busted

See the varied confections in the spoiler.

The normally-agitated folks are as you can expect, extra-agitated today. One of the 'friendly with Trump Junior' guys, Arthur Schwartz, had some reckonings of his own. It was rather shitty of the 'off the record' folks, whoever it was, to share what could likely have been drunken gossip, but I don't know if Arthur has got his facts straight or not ... something fell out of her mouth that some zany person thought would make the news. "Are you happy you got her fired?"  All things considered, she had to know that gossip is humanity's second-most appealing form of communication.

"Do you promise not to tell anyone?"  Sure, Jan. 

Spoiler
i88.jpgshare.png Daniel Lippman / Politico:
Trump's personal assistant fired after comments about Ivanka, Tiffany  —  Madeleine Westerhout, who left her White House job suddenly on Thursday as President Trump's personal assistant, was fired after bragging to reporters that she had a better relationship with Trump than his own daughters …
Discussion:
RELATED:
i75.jpgshare.png Josh Marshall / Talking Points Memo:
Getting Fired Ain't the Story  —  Today we have yet another in the endless story of Trump White House dysfunction.  President Trump's personal assistant was abruptly fired, translated into a “separated employee” after Trump learned that she'd blabbed to the press about Trump's family.
Edited by william.scherk
Agita

Here's how it works.

1. Lots of leaks were happening.
2. Goofy stories about Trump suddenly appeared in the fakes news media.
3. Trump suddenly fired an insider.
4. Less leaks were immediately discernible in headline feeds.
5. The fake news media now says the insider was fired because she said Tiffany was fat (and so on).

Everybody believes the insider was fired because she said Tiffany was fat (and so on).

Except everybody doesn't believe it...

They think the fake news media puts out fake news.

Michael

• Like 1

The President suggests he will not have to enforce an NDA ...

Of course he won’t have to enforce it, meaning hurt her in criminal proceedings following her telling all. She is already caught in violation, so they have her over a barrel. So long as she has one more IQ point than Billyboy, a simple reminder of her terrible situation — a reminder of what happens to her next if she doesn’t honor her agreement from now on, is all that is needed. They spoke and she understands.

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The fake news media now says the insider was fired because she said Tiffany was fat (and so on).

Everybody believes the insider was fired because she said Tiffany was fat (and so on).

Except everybody doesn't believe it...

They think the fake news media puts out fake news.

Are these falsified quotes (from Western Journal)?

Trump confirmed on Friday that Westerhout was fired for comments about his children to the media.

“I guess she said some things. She called me. She was very upset. She was very down,” Trump said, according to The Hill. He called the firing “automatic.”

“She called and I wished her well,” he said.

As for the allegations regarding Tiffany, Trump said they were “absolutely false.”

“She’s going to be calling me when we get to Camp David … It’s absolutely false. She’s a wonderful person and she studies hard,” Trump said.

Trump also chastised the media for being “dishonest” — keep in mind this was an off-the-record conversation, something that shouldn’t have been repeated in the first place — but added, “you don’t say things like she said, which were just a little bit hurtful to some people.”

An administration official was a bit more blunt about the press, however: “This was an off-the-record dinner and the media blatantly violated that agreement,” they said, according to Politico.

8 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Billy has Trump quotes and for the first time ever, he believes every word...

Jon,

It still doesn't occur to him that she could apologized for both trash talking Tiffany and also for leaking--maybe leaking to (and being duped by) the very people she had been drinking with. This is something President Trump would forgive in a young person who was truly remorseful. I doubt in that case, he would want to advertise the leaking part.

He once went to Defcon 5 with Rosie O'Donnell over her disparaging remarks about a Miss USA with addiction problems. He is very protective with young people, especially young women, who recognize when they screwed up.

He's a helluva great father.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

How many different topic fake news stories do the mainstream fake news companies want to do in one day?

Intelligence Director Adamantly Disputes WaPo Report He Threatened To Resign

Joseph Maguire, the acting director of national intelligence, unequivocally disputed a Washington Post report published Wednesday that he threatened to resign if the White House blocked him from testifying candidly about his handling of a whistleblower complaint concerning President Donald Trump.

“At no time have I considered resigning my position since assuming this role on Aug. 16, 2019. I have never quit anything in my life, and I am not going to start now,” Maguire said in a statement minutes after WaPo’s story was published.

Of course, there's this:

The WaPo story cited anonymous current and former officials “familiar with the matter.”

Dayaamm!

Now this crap gets debunked in minutes after publication.

And the day's not even over.

These are the people who disparage Alex Jones for promoting conspiracy theories.

Michael