The author of the article is purblind to how the role of stupidity, ignorance, ideology and dead left dominant cultural moral inertia plays out in fake news combined with major corporate support PLUS the deep state totally at war to protect its money, power and all Its other prerogatives, real or imagined.

--Brant

so science gets run over by a tank, just like with AGW aka Climate Change

I want to put this one in the Trump thread, but it has to go in the Fake News section.

From the Editorial Board of the New York Times yesterday:

Congress, Give Trump His Border Money

There's blah blah blah all over the place about this, but here's the truth.

President Trump is shipping the overflow of illegal aliens he has to allow to stay in America due to convoluted court rulings to Sanctuary Cities where the assholes who own the NYT (and similar) live.

Suddenly, the left is woke: and it's all like: OMG, there really is a border crisis! Give Trump his money so he can fix it!

:) 

How many times has the NYT ranted and railed against President Trump for his dishumanity towards illegals? Now a 180 degree turn on a dime. Don't get whiplash, folks.

After all, illegals are to be preached about, not actually welcomed in the communities where actual human beings like the elitists live, right elitist assholes?

Friggin' fake news...

You can't beat them for shameless...

Michael

Rush’s idea was CNN and other propaganda arms of the Left were just fine even if they lost money, but this news may be evidence to the contrary. I wonder if CNN has been recast as a real news station or is it just a smaller hammer in their arsenal of Fake News? That’s a joke, but maybe money is not flowing into their booty bag like it was before 21 candidates for American Dictator announced their bids.

• 3 weeks later...

Anderson Cooper looks like he's trying hard to keep from crying.

And the Facebook lady is doing to him what CNN did to their own audience for several years now. Albeit, she is not yet as polished as they are at misdirection, deception and acting stupid at the right moment. But she's giving it a good shot.

Cooper is not amused.

Imagine being Anderson Cooper and being trained by the CIA to be a Mockingbird operative to infiltrate the news. He gets to preeminence as a news anchor while running covert influence right in front of the whole world. He even helped to get social media giants to snap to the Deep State's whip. Now he's starting to lose everything, ratings, influence, power, reputation. All of it. 

And how about this doozy to the Facebook lady for irony?:

COOPER: If you can’t do it well, shouldn’t you just get out of the news business?

He asks that after two years of "muh Russians," pissgate, etc.? :) Maybe he should keep to interviewing John Brennan, former CIA chief and now favorite CNN guest celebrity (and, soon, jailbird). He'll feel better because Brennan can always be relied on to lop a veiled threat, say, at Facebook.

When I see the video above, I see Cooper not just holding back crying. I also see rage. Something like, "Bitch! You're supposed to obey us! That's what you people said in the backrooms! Now get back in line, goddamit, and take down that fucking Pelosi mocking video! You're going to lose 2020 for us! Don't you dare fuck with our power!"

Man, am I enjoying this...

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

(Me imagining what Anderson Cooper really wanted to say):

"Now get back in line, goddamit, and take down that fucking Pelosi mocking video! You're going to lose 2020 for us!"

I've been reading around on this Pelosi video and the left is going bonkers over the video being altered to make Pelosi's gaffs appear far worse than they were, not just edited with splicing (so they claim).

This brings up artificial intelligence. The technology now exists to sample the speech and speech habits of a person (audio), sample the movement habits (video), and make a video that looks just like the person talking with whatever words a person wants to put in the respective mouths. In other words, it would be possible to make a video of, say, Netanyahu claiming the Holocaust actually was a hoax, or Ayn Rand saying Marx, Lenin and Stalin were, to her, her real life John Galts, and so on. And it would sound and look just like them.

I don't know if artificial intelligence was involved in the Pelosi video, but enhancing gaffs would be a piece of cake. If AI it was used, Anderson Cooper's overreaction, the Facebook lady's smugness veiled by misdirection, and the fake news media freakout in general now take on a whole different meaning.

Suppose, for example, Facebook demonstrated this technology to the cronies (who were busy busy busy sucking up to Facebook and trying to get different folks banned from the platform) along with demonstrations of its facial recognition technology, etc. And suppose Facebook casually joked about the cronies being able to put words in Trump's mouth and present the video as Trump.

Woo hoo! Merriment all around.

But these idiots are so consumed by Trump hatred, they would never imagine this tech could be used against them. And when they see it used on Pelosi, and see how it resonates with the public, they can't believe the extent of the betrayal--the "betrayal" in their minds, of course. Facebook doesn't consider them much of a problem, certainly not worth considering in the long run, much less doing a whole betrayal plan.

Facebook has a larger power angle it is focusing on.

It now looks (in my imagination) like the Facebook lady saying to Cooper: "Me bow before you? Silly thing. Ha ha ha ha ha... You are the ones who will bow before Facebook and our pals in Silicon Valley. Or else we will do this video thing with your leaders and all y'all. Ahem... And note that our audience is bigger than yours. A looooooooooooot bigger..."

Michael

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I don't know if artificial intelligence was involved in the Pelosi video...

I knew I smelled a rat.

2020 Vision: Altered Pelosi videos show the risk of 'deepfakes' in campaign

The machine for the Dems and establishment Repubs is going apeshit over the Pelosi video for a reason. And I know what that reason is. They like to accuse the other of what they, themselves do.

For example, Hillary Clinton literally paid foreign agents, including Russians, to interfere in the 2016 election. She also helped sell a shitload of US uranium to Russia. Yet all we have heard for the last 2 years plus is that President Trump is a Putin puppet and Russia skewed the US election in his favor.

They always accuse others of what they, themselves do. Always.

With the Pelosi video, they are such dumbasses, they were (are) thinking of using AI to alter videos to cheat in the 2020 election, so the first thing that looks like an altered video of one of their top people ran them bonkers. Now they are yelling AI, how dare they?, yada yada yada.

The fact is that AI was not used in either of the two Pelosi videos. I don't have time to look them up right now, especially since there has probably been a delete party on them from the social media giants, but I can describe what they are like.

Rudy Giuliani posted the first, which actually was altered. It was slowed down by 25%. The slower motion exaggerated Pelosi's slurring. And how do you do that? Do you use artificial intelligence? Hell no. Use any normal video editor for the consumer public that is a bit above beginner level. Any one of them will do. There are even several open source video editors that can easily do that.

President Trump posted another video. Did he slow it down to exaggerate slurring? Hell no. His people merely sliced clips of Pelosi together from the same talk (don't forget, she said Trump needed an intervention :) ). Granted, they repeated the same clip of Pelosi sticking up two fingers and saying "three" and I remember they slowed the clip repeats down and zoomed in on the fingers, but that was all. This was evident as a video effect to anyone watching. There was nothing "deepfake" about it. Once again, any consumer grade video editor does that trick. The rest of the clips were Madam Speaker in all her natural bumbling glory.

If these idiots don't know the difference between deepfake and simple edited video, I don't think it's going to matter much what they do with deepfake technology. They're idiots. Evil nasty idiots, but idiots nevertheless.

On the other hand, if they really do want to get into the public ring with President Trump on using this technology, just look at what he has done to them up to now with simple video edits. If an AI deepfake war breaks out, by the time he finishes with them, I predict these elitist crony idiots will be totally discredited--even more than they are now--and several will commit suicide.

They better be careful when they go like moths to the flame.

Michael

"Trump Suggests Reforming Libel Laws to Include Fake News Media" sez Styx.

What are those idiots trying to do? Take "Saturday Night Live" off the air. Stop parodies of Pelosi? Rush had a nickname for Biden today. I think it was Joe Bite Me. did Sleepy Joe say something like that to a woman when he was in the Senate? What a dog!  

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

Actually it would be interesting to see John Brennan guest star on SNL. Clapper and Comey, too.

Michael

But pulllleeeze. No De Niro Robot Mueller characters. I would be worried about the smell.

Lucky catch of the day ...

The toast of the town.  Re-do in Israel. The Cabal, no doubt, or maybe They.

On 4/10/2019 at 10:34 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Not a good day for the left or the fake news media.

Bibi Netanyahu won in Israel despite the fake news media (and polls and exit polls yada yada yada) repeatedly telling their audience he was toast.

He wasn't toast. He won. Just like Trump did in 2016.

PANIC in DC!

Knesset votes to disperse, hold new elections on September 17

"74 of 120 MKs approve unprecedented motion to call for fresh vote after Netanyahu misses deadline to form coalition; at heart of impasse is row over conscription for ultra-Orthodox men; earlier PM tried and failed to lure Labor Party into coalition"
Yuval Karni, Shahar Hai, Kobi Nachshoni and AP 

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen many, many Trump rallies.

I have never heard the public as thundering as I did in his reelection announcement rally tonight when the people boomed out, "CNN sucks! CNN sucks! CNN sucks!"

It was a friggin' rock concert goosed all the way up. It happened at \about six minutes in and this one really was a humiliation. There was no way for CNN to ignore it or downplay it. Not when it was that loud.

btw - CNN cut away from the rally after receiving such a drenching bath of repudiation. (Go to the link below and see the video. I have to embed a crapload of ads and spam or pay to subscribe to embed it here.)

CNN Cuts Away From Trump Speech After Crowd Shouts ‘CNN Sucks!’

Michael

• 1 month later...

Fredo just had a shit fit.

A Trump supporter called him Fredo and he lost it.

Just in case YT takes this down, here is another link.

But here's something else out in the zeitgast of times past.

LOL...

Now Fredo is all over social media and alt media as a laughingstock.

He's starting to become a meme.

Image result for fredo meme

LOL...

Michael

Right after I posted the above, not five minutes after, Fredo hit Drudge right in the middle of the page.

image.png

Links go, respectively, here:

CNN’s Chris Cuomo Filmed Erupting at Heckler Who Called Him ‘Fredo’: ‘I’ll F*cking Ruin Your Sh*t’

and here:

VIDEO: CNN's Cuomo Threatens to Throw Trump Supporter Down Flight of Stairs

LOL...

Michael