In the Florida school mass shooting recently, word got out in the press that the teenage shooter was a white supremacist. Anyone wanna guess what happened? Surprise, surprise, surprise, the mainstream press went apeshit with the story (see here for a typical example).

Anyone wanna guess what else?

Wait for it...

Here it comes...

You know it already...

drum roll......................................................................................

FAKE NEWS!

:)

From the Tallahassee Democrat:

Local law enforcement: No ties between militia and Florida high school shooter

These leftie fake news media assholes are dancing on top of the corpses of 17 murdered kids.

You can almost hear them thinking: And why not? It's no skin off their ass. 

(That noise you hear is me hawking and spitting in disgust.)

Michael

The fake news media is insisting on their God-given right to lie to their readers.

To them, their lie is better than your reality. They being superior and all...

(Paul Joseph Watson at Infowars:)

Fake News: Lie About Florida Shooter Being Member Of “White Supremacist” Group Not Retracted

Fakers gonna fake.

Michael

Q: "How is the Cruz kid a "white man"?"

14 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

How is the Cruz kid a "white man"?

Nikolas-Cruz-Accused-school-shooter-had-

Edited by william.scherk
Added header of Wolf quote

Link to ReasonTV Youtube page.

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

legacy media anti-Trump humor like that video above

reasonTV-YoutubeChannel.png

Edited by william.scherk
Link to ReasonTV's Youtube account page

AlexJonesFalseReporting.png

False Reporting from Alex Jones

William,

So the lady, Alexa Miednik, never said those things to Alex Jones? You are claiming Jones falsely reported her words? Dayaamm! :) 

I know a way for the reporting tp be exempt from the charge of fake news. How about if Jones's source had been "someone close to the issue who personally saw an email"? Maybe three such sources?

Now that's reporting for real.

I agree that Alex Jones has a lot to learn from the mainstream press like NYT, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, Time, etc. He needs to hide his sources from the public, for starters. That will make him more acceptable and believable to certain kinds of news consumers.

btw - Reason is anti-Trump, but even before that, I never found Reason to be funny when they were trying to be funny. I have found them funny at other times, though. :) I consider the current form of Reason to be legacy media. Also, it has little similarity with what it started out as.

Michael

On 2/15/2018 at 6:07 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

These leftie fake news media assholes are dancing on top of the corpses of 17 murdered kids.

What's worse, the FBI is taking the heat for it. The FBI allowed itself to get sidetracked too much with anti-Trump bullshit to do its job properly. Even Florida governor Rick Scott is now calling for Christopher Wray's head (see here).

That's what you get when law enforcement partners up with the mainstream media fake news propaganda machines.

Here's a fine rant by Mike Cernovich illustrating this fury at the FBI perfectly. And he's not the only one out there. 

Cernovich's new motto for the FBI:

Forget the children, protect the Clintons.

At least top FBI folks know if things go really south, they can always get a job as a commentator at some fake news outlet or other like John Brennan did at NBC (MSNBC).

Michael

If anybody wants to see the real deal up close re the mainstream media (and who it bows down to), follow the link in Sharyl's tweet below:

Here is a direct quote from this document by David Brock (Media Matters) that was drawn up with intention of being confidential.

MEDIA ADVOCACY -- PUNISH ENABLING AND COMPLACENCY

Media Matters will be vigilant in holding news media accountable for even the slightest bit of normalization of Trump.

The document is full of things like that.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Who is Sam Nunberg?

Has anybody ever heard of Sam Nunberg?

You probably never heard of him--except maybe a distant nag at the edge of your distant memory. He worked on the Trump campaign in 2015 and was fired. He's also been sued for breaking a nondisclosure agreement.

Anyway, you sure heard about him yesterday and today (see here for a media roundup).

He was supported by Mueller to hand over his emails and said he was going to do no such thing. Then he said Mueller " may have something" on President Trump re Russian collusion.

Suddenly he was on the anti-Trump news shows all day long. He even got a 37 minute interview on CNN with Erin Burnett (probably 45 minutes if you count commercials) and she finally complained that she smelled booze on his breath.

As the day wore on, Nunberg started contradicting himself, making wild accusations, daring Mueller to put him in jail and so on.

Now the same media is having a ball making fun of him.

Why did interviews with Sam Nunberg hog the news yesterday?

Think about this.

How does a guy who nobody remembers correctly get all that media attention suddenly? Who scheduled him on all those shows? Didn't they vet him--or his claims--correctly?

The answer is obviously no. He had the distant aura of a Trump insider (which he never was) and said he thinks Mueller's got the goods on Trump and that's all it took. The media went nuts like a school of piranhas attacking a slab of beef.

So let's tie this into the mainstream fake news media's behavior over the past two years. The media has put out one false news story after another on President Trump. Sometimes the falsity has been so gross and obvious that they had to fire their own journalists for lack of professional ethics. And who were their sources for practically the entire two years?

Anonymous sources.

Is the fake news media really nothing but intellectual prostitution?

Well, if the mainstream fake news media put a source who is not anonymous on primetime to take the lion's share of time on their live broadcasts without a smidgen of verification, how well did they verify their anonymous sources over these two years? Owning to their string of information and prediction failures regarding President Trump, it seems like they relied on a bunch of drunks.

Well, what can one expect from journalists who have betrayed their integrity--sold out--and became fake news? At least nobody knows who the drunks are and they still get a paycheck, huh?

Michael

Here's a very interesting video about "Muh Russians."

It's not flattering to Roger Stone (but not denigrating, either).

Apparently, Russiagate is nothing but a money-making machine right now.

That's the real takeaway from the video below.

Here's the short version of the politics on the video for y'all.

During the presidential election, Roger went around saying he had a backchannel to Julian Assange and that something big was about to drop. That something was the DNC emails (the very emails that did drop and turned into a scandal).

Roger did not have a true backchannel, as has become evident recently, but he was (and is) friends with a guy named Randy Credico who does know Julian Assange. Roger ultimately identified Randy Credico as his backchannel. Randy was subpoenaed by the House Intelligence Committee last year, he went there and took the fifth.

What's the real truth about what Randy told Roger? It depends on who you believe: Roger, Randy or neither. These are not saints. They have worked together on some political dirty tricks in the past, so there was probably some big-mouthing going on with both. :)

Anyway, the leftwing media, in the thralls of their "Muh Russians" schtick, is trying to use their conversation to prove that Julian Assange is a Russian agent in collusion with Donald Trump, or maybe Trump is the Russian agent in collusion with Assange, or something...

A friend of Roger's, Sam Nunberg, recently did about seven hours or so on mostly prime-time TV in one day (see post above), he melted down, and this threw Roger in the spotlight again. The news programs are embarrassed about spotlighting an unstable drunk for so long (thinking they were finally going to nail Trump) and are now trying to do damage control. Roger just made mincemeat out of Chuck Todd (see the video above), not because he's an angel. It's because Todd is deluded about the Russian thing. And the friggin' facts insist on not cooperating with him no matter how much he tortures them.

This video was worth watching to me because, even though, Randy Credico is a minor celebrity, I had never heard him or seen him. So it was good to put a face on him. From the way he talked, I have a feeling I would like him if we ever met, despite him being a leftie.

Michael

Science publishes 'The spread of true and false news online.'"

fakeNewsScienceStudySS.png

Edited by william.scherk
4th try: image-maps no longer work with the forum software ...

William,

Let me help you.

Instead of trying to link (and failing so far :) ) to what one of the fake news outlets (The Atlantic) says about a Twitter-funded fake news study, why not link directly to the Twitter-funded fake news study? Or at least link to the study first before linking to a story that tries to tell folks what they should think? After all, the study itself already tries to tell folks what they should think.

Whatever.

Anyway, here's the study:

The spread of true and false news online

Helpfully,

Michael

I like it when Rush or Fox News air a montage of different leftist, fake news sources spouting the same nonsense. Many of them go to the same commissar of propaganda and then quote them “in their own words” which show little variation. They are despicable people and not newscasters at all.  

Hey you creeps! The Soviet Union is gone. Look for your inspiration elsewhere, like from NoKo’s Little Kim. I just saw an article from several people who knew him before he became “Fearless Dictator” and they said he wasn’t a bad guy at all, with his likes and dislikes, not unlike most people his age.

So what happened? Power corrupts. And people evil at the core finally get to show their inner beings. 

Full text PDF embed: "The spread of true and false news online"

On 3/9/2018 at 10:10 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The spread of true and false news online

• 2 weeks later...

Sinclair Broadcasting's Fake News Segment

On 21/05/2017 at 12:27 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The corporate fake news media is committing suicide

Ha!

So these clowns think social media is undermining our democracy because different people get to share their thoughts without them as gatekeepers?

LOL...

(That is funny for real... :) )

As in the wise words of a buttload of said gatekeeper dorks in the video: "This is extremely dangerous to our democracy."

What they mean is: "This is extremely dangerous to our power and paychecks."

Democracy seems to be doing just fine. If it wasn't, Hillary Clinton could have bought and cheated her way into the presidency with the collusion of most of these genius media gatekeepers.

Paul Joseph Watson has it right. That video is exactly what the fake news media looks like.

As the Clinton debacle shows, unchecked, these gatekeepers are extremely dangerous to our republic. That's why checks and balances on power is the strongest idea the Founding Fathers came up with.

Social media has been the best check and balance on news gatekeeping (and on propaganda for that matter) the world has ever seen.

God knows the ruling class elitists (who own the mainstream media companies) have tried to co-opt the big tech giants, but, as these fake news people themselves are writing about, said tech giants are committing suicide right now as new social media companies are cropping up to absorb the impending user stampedes. 

The only thing they leave out is that these tech giants are committing suicide right along with them. Right now they both are eating the same poison called gatekeeping and power-mongering and saying it's the only food around.

As they are learning, they can't have their poison and eat it, too.

Bye bye, losers...

Michael

VARIETY: "Sinclair Broadcast Group Faces Backlash Over Scripted Promos"

SINCLAIR01.png

SINCLAIR02.png

SINCLAIR02b.png

SINCLAIR03.png

Spoiler

dealineSinclairSnatch.png

Edited by william.scherk
From across the political spectrum, folks are riled at Sinclair. Sinclair don't care. The merger is coming. Big media, very Erdogan-ish. See also: http://deadline.com/2018/04/sinclair-broadcast-group-fake-news-tribune-media-local-news-trump-1202356592/

So it was Sinclair, the Christian chain, that was doing it?

Wooptido.

It's a real hoot seeing Variety, Think Progress, CNN, etc., pointing the finger about scripted messages, seeing that that's ALL they do.

(I still can't think about listening to three full days of  Hillary Clinton "powering through" her flu during the campaign without cracking up. The term "powering through" permeated the news 24/7, the it stopped. I don't think a single person has powered through the flu since. :) ) 

These guys are pissed because they lost, even on using scripted messages.

That's lame.

It must be a bitch being fake news and incompetent at the same time, huh? I mean they lost on using their main propaganda technique to a Christian group. That's as lame as it gets. They have totally lost the ability to influence anyone new.

Man, that must sting.

:evil: 

Now, all they can do is sing the same old tired song to their dwindling audience base. A scripted song. And nobody's listening anymore even when they jazz up the lyrics a little.

Maybe if they changed the music. Here's my humble suggestion for a new mainstream press tune:

Maybe update the arrangement a little and who knows how far they can go... Who knows?... a Zumba beat or techno-pop or something...

For my two cents, though, I'm for NO SCRIPTED MESSAGES across media channels no matter who does it.

That's why I rely on social media more and more for my news. I use my own brain for filtering out the noise rather than ruling-class appointed gatekeepers.

Except for propaganda lovers, I suggest everyone do the same. 

Michael

"Sinclair Media Group friendly to Trump?" The Jared Kushner saga ...

That will probably result in a good balance to the nonstop access the Deep State has with the mainstream news. 

On the mainstream level, Fox and Breitbart can only do so much for balance.

I don't agree that fighting propaganda with propaganda is the best way (I prefer to fight it with truth + communication skills), but at least it confuses the public enough to keep one side from dominating. And that's good enough for me, especially in light of the current polluted mainstream communication world....

Michael