Maybe it's bluster, but there were a string of "patriot" comments at Zero Hedge, reaction to Mueller as special prosecutor.

Benghazi, no special counsel

IRS, no special counsel

Fast and Furious, no special counsel

Clinton, Lynch on the tarmac, no special counsel

Some dbag made a memo, special counsel

The f--king republic is toast, the swamp f--king wins and we all lose

There will be blood

I think they mean it. At least a dozen are ready to fight, a dozen more going Galt, resigning their jobs.

Well they certainly came out with one today, right on time.

Special counsel for tzeee Rooshans and how they fookie fookie Hillary Clinton in election (allegedly).

:)

Here's what the hard core Trump camp thinks of this.

What's more, I believe Trump could be planning to put a lot of pressure on Mueller to also look into Clinton ties to Russia during the election, which might unravel some dirty dirty stuff. Imagine if the FBI could finally get to examine the DNC computers (instead of that ginned Crowdstrike exam) or even reopen the Clinton server stuff.

Michael

connect the dots:

Acting Attorney General (Deputy AG) Rod Rosenstein
CNN's Wolf Blitzer, Jake Tapper, Dana Bash
Jeff Zucker, president CNN Worldwide
James Goldston, president ABC News
David Rhodes, president CBS News
Andrew Lack, chairman NBC News and MSNBC
Noah Oppenheim, president NBC News
Chuck Todd, NBC News political director, Meet The Press
Andrea Mitchell, NBC News chief correspondent
Lorne Michaels, NBC Saturday Night Live
Joseph Kahn, managing editor, New York Times
Martin Baron, editor, Washington Post

2 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

connect the dots:

Acting Attorney General (Deputy AG) Rod Rosenstein
CNN's Wolf Blitzer, Jake Tapper, Dana Bash
Jeff Zucker, president CNN Worldwide
James Goldston, president ABC News
David Rhodes, president CBS News
Andrew Lack, chairman NBC News and MSNBC
Noah Oppenheim, president NBC News
Chuck Todd, NBC News political director, Meet The Press
Andrea Mitchell, NBC News chief correspondent
Lorne Michaels, NBC Saturday Night Live
Joseph Kahn, managing editor, New York Times
Martin Baron, editor, Washington Post

This reminds me of the bygone days when Joe McCarthy (Tail Gunner Joe)  would declare  --- "I have a list....."

It obviously a sub-Kabal of the  Learned Elders of Zion. 

Here is an article from Front Page Magazine by Daniel Greenfield I hope will get larger circulation.

The Anonymous Sources Of Washington Post And Cnn Fake News

I will discuss this later with a tie-in to another thread (the one on story wars), but for now, if you read it and have not been paying attention to the way reporting has degraded in basic journalistic standards, it gives the cases one after another.

More later.

Michael

18 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Tail Gunner Joe

I don't think you appreciate how serious this is. Trump's election as president was a middle finger to Jews and blacks, after 50 years of shaming, ridiculing, intimidating, and punishing the majority white middle class and white working class.

We're in a perilous crisis, not because TV news and the liberal press are baying for blood, but because the Republican Party repeatedly betrayed their constituents. Donald Trump was an outsider who promised to make America great again, stop immigration, cut taxes, and roll back the cultural calamity of Obama, welfare for illegals, and rampant black crime. It was a folly to expect change. The "deep state" is unionized, Democrat, every city from coast to coast, every grade school, high school, university, and the D.C. bureaucracy, every agency.

I don't have a dog is this fight. Two years ago we retreated to an all-white rural county, built a house on a tactical hill, bought weapons, made friends with our neighbors, planted gardens and bought chickens. The forest is full of game. There are dairy farms, cattle ranches, fertile soil, firewood, clean fresh springs, clean fresh air, and a tradition of trust.

Your mileage may vary.

2892648710.jpg

58 minutes ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

Your mileage may vary.

Wolf,

My mileage does vary.

A lot.

The fundament is not race. It is idea.

The fundament is about what's in your head, which you can choose, not what's in your biological heritage, which you cannot.

There is no master race and eugenics is unspeakably evil.

Please keep promotion of racism off of OL.

Michael

35 minutes ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

Not sure that's what I said or implied, but okay.

It is because you are treating blacks collectivisitically and negatively--and whites specially. The rest is slightly too thin for my comment, probably because I'm not Jewish.

--Brant

2 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

You're laying down smoke.

OL is private property. Not mine and not yours.

Okay. I'm wrong, nothing to worry about, feel completely foolish. I should have moved my family to Baltimore or Philadelphia.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/city/Larry-Krasner-District-Attorney-Democratic-primary-winner-Soros.html

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/6-baltimore-schools-no-students-proficient-in-state-tests

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

It is because you are treating blacks collectivisitically and negatively--and whites specially.

Brant,

The people I grew up with justified whites being superior to blacks Biblically. Jews, too, but for a different Biblical reason.

Noah (of flood fame) had three sons, one called Ham, the other two Shem and Japheth. One day Ham saw his daddy naked and drunk in a cave and mocked his daddy to his brothers. They backed into the cave so they would not have to see their daddy naked and covered him.

For some reason this pissed off Noah to the point that he cursed Ham's son Canaan to be slave to Shem and Japheth (implying this applied to all their offspring). As there were no folks left after the flood, these dudes were the ones who repopulated the earth with humans.

Some distant members in my dear family (mostly on my mother's side in West Virginia) considered Canaan to be black as an easy way for everybody to identify his inferior stock. 

As for the Jews, they killed Jesus. So they are to be despised.

All of this is to apply as collective guilt, of course, and it's all logical and rational.

Other people rationalize in different manners.

One day this bigotry madness will be over. After all, the human species has doubled in number in the last 100 years or so. And there are plenty of whites, blacks, Jews, Orientals, Indians, and other variations to go around. And mutts galore. That means we humans are doing something right.

Just because the major human progress started with ideas about freedom and reason among one kind of people, that doesn't mean those people are inherently superior to the others. All it means is they got to the good ideas first.

Michael

On 5/17/2017 at 1:41 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here's a passage from Atlas Shrugged on Fake News.

My bold.

She knew, the moment she entered the anteroom of her office, that something had happened. She saw the unnatural stillness, with the faces of her staff turned to her as if her entrance were the moment they had all waited for, hoped for and dreaded.

Eddie Willers rose to his feet and started toward the door of her office, as if knowing that she would understand and follow. She had seen his face. No matter what it was, she thought, she wished it had not hurt him quite so badly.

"The State Science Institute," he said quietly, when they were alone in her office, "has issued a statement warning people against the use of Rearden Metal." He added, "It was on the radio. It's in the afternoon papers."

"What did they say?"

"Dagny, they didn't say it!… They haven't really said it, yet it's there—and it isn't. That's what's monstrous about it."

His effort was focused on keeping his voice quiet; he could not control his words. The words were forced out of him by the unbelieving, bewildered indignation of a child screaming in denial at his first encounter with evil.

"What did they say, Eddie?"

"They… You'd have to read it." He pointed to the newspaper he had left on her desk. "They haven't said that Rearden Metal is bad. They haven't said that it's unsafe. What they've done is …" His hands spread and dropped in a gesture of futility.

She saw at a glance what they had done. She saw the sentences: "It may be possible that after a period of heavy usage, a sudden fissure may appear, though the length of this period cannot be predicted.… The possibility of a molecular reaction, at present unknown, cannot be entirely discounted.… Although the tensile strength of the metal is obviously demonstrable, certain questions in regard to its behavior under unusual stress are not to be ruled out... Although there is no evidence to support the contention that the use of the metal should be prohibited, a further study of its properties would be of value."

"We can't fight it. It can't be answered," Eddie was saying slowly. "We can't demand a retraction. We can't show them our tests or prove anything. They've said nothing. They haven't said a thing that could be refuted and embarrass them professionally. It's the job of a coward. You'd expect it from some con-man or blackmailer. But, Dagny! It's the State Science Institute!"

When I look at today's news, especially about President Trump, all I see is this.

Oh... and unnamed sources...

I'm quoting this again because I want to leave the following thought about writing technique some place for later reference.

I am pretty sure Ayn Rand layered in emotion at times in her fiction writing. I know she worked off of outlines. (Barbara Branden told me Rand worried her to death about outlines. :) )

Layering in means you write a passage in a really raw way in the first draft, then go back and work it over according to a checklist, layering in each item according to the list. I am sure she did this with nonfiction because she said so, albeit her revision and rewrite checklist was really broad. (It's in The Art of Nonfiction.)

In the passage above, I don't think she was on one of her good days at layering time (although she was her old wonderful insightful self about the fake news). The emotions she layered in are really clunky and even melodramatic. The dread. The monstrousness. The breath-held silence. Dagny's perception that Eddie was wounded to the core. Eddie's bewildered indignation, the image of a child screaming in denial at his first encounter with evil, Eddie's cry of despair over the fact that people wrote sleazy fake news in the name of an organization. All of this is a little much.

But the emotions are all in the right places according to the themes in the book, especially the different aspects of epistemology, evil, and the State Science Institute. The emotions are just not congruent with the characters.

There was only one emotion in this passage that rung true to me character-wise and Rand did not write it. When Dagny repeated her request to know what they said, my mind automatically added impatience every time I've read this. :) 

btw - Rand does emotions really well in other places. I just wanted to comment on this passage, like I said, for future reference--as a warning about what can happen when you use the layered technique, especially with emotions, and get caught up so much with theme you forget the characters and merely use them as emotional mouthpieces to emphasize thematic points.

The good part is a clunky passage like this shows how much Rand considered emotions important in fiction writing.

Michael

Obviously there is something very wrong with Jewish culture but point it out and you get the full monty.  The prevailing moral high ground falls on your head.

I don’t think it will be prevailing much longer though.  Soon people won't care when they're called a racist, the word having lost its sting.

The more Jews the more Leftists scaled down not by much, been that way since the idea of Leftist existed.  The 2016 presidential election is just the latest statistic.  Elections and any breakdown of them is “collectivist” if you want to use that word.  Groups sometimes matter and they sure matter in an election.

Mark
ARIwatch.com

5 hours ago, Mark said:

Obviously there is something very wrong with Jewish culture but point it out and you get the full monty.

This is bullshit. People act like Jew is one thing only.

The Jewish culture can't even stand behind one political ideology as a group. They are all over the place.

Targeting Jews qua Jews is bigotry and, as Ayn Rand said about racism, it is "collectivism of the lowest order."

Promote bigotry on OL and expect "the full monty." I did not allow anti-Muslim bigotry here when we had a couple of Muslims show up and I will not allow anti-Semitism to be promoted. I don't care whether this stings or not. I don't want it here. Period.

Bigots should promote their crap elsewhere. The Internet is large.

Michael

11 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

I don't think you appreciate how serious this is. Trump's election as president was a middle finger to Jews and blacks, after 50 years of shaming, ridiculing, intimidating, and punishing the majority white middle class and white working class.

We're in a perilous crisis, not because TV news and the liberal press are baying for blood, but because the Republican Party repeatedly betrayed their constituents. Donald Trump was an outsider who promised to make America great again, stop immigration, cut taxes, and roll back the cultural calamity of Obama, welfare for illegals, and rampant black crime. It was a folly to expect change. The "deep state" is unionized, Democrat, every city from coast to coast, every grade school, high school, university, and the D.C. bureaucracy, every agency.

I don't have a dog is this fight. Two years ago we retreated to an all-white rural county, built a house on a tactical hill, bought weapons, made friends with our neighbors, planted gardens and bought chickens. The forest is full of game. There are dairy farms, cattle ranches, fertile soil, firewood, clean fresh springs, clean fresh air, and a tradition of trust.

Your mileage may vary.

2892648710.jpg

Some pissed off  unionized Democrat   deep staters  voted for Trump.  That is why Trump carried Ohio. 

11 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

I don't think you appreciate how serious this is. Trump's election as president was a middle finger to Jews and blacks, after 50 years of shaming, ridiculing, intimidating, and punishing the majority white middle class and white working class.We're in a perilous crisis, not because TV news and the liberal press are baying for blood, but because the Republican Party repeatedly betrayed their constituents.

The treason of the Republican Party goes back at least 50 years.   But the Fall of the Republicans can be dated to the Reagan Administration.  St. Ronny and his avitars   undertook a policy that has or will almost certainly wreck the U.S.  financially.   Even prior  to Saint Ronny  the real wages of Americans (basically the middle class)  declined or stagnated.  This is from about 1972 onward.  And the Republicans, as I have pointed out abandoned the Middle Class from Saint Ronny on.  Ironically  Slick Bill did more for the Middle  Class than the Republicans even if his motives were corrupt.

I concur with you to this extent.  The United States is in deep kimchee.  We will not collapse outright but we will morph (if we haven't already) into a lack luster mediocre quasi fascists state that maintains itself on pure inertia.  The living spirit, the fire (if you will)  has cooled down and died. or is at least moribund. Something as big and massive as the U.S. society and economy cannot suddenly  fall apart  like Oliver Wendell Holmes  One Horse Shay. 

48 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Slick Bill did more for the Middle  Class than the Republicans even if his motives were corrupt.

Bob,

It depends on which middle class. Bill Clinton's war on drugs gutted entire middle class neighborhoods of men (often among blacks, but among plenty of other races) by incarcerating them with long sentences for minor things, thus leaving women to raise children on their own. These women became dependent on the state for handouts for basic food and shelter. And guess what the men learned in prison?

So how did that work out for that part of the middle class? They're all poor now.

Michael

1 hour ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Some pissed off  unionized Democrat   deep staters  voted for Trump.  That is why Trump carried Ohio. 

Bob,

Deep state folks are in the intelligence community by definition. Does Ohio have oodles of spooks?

I think you are referring to establishment cronies and their beneficiaries.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Bob,

It depends on which middle class. Bill Clinton's war on drugs gutted entire middle class neighborhoods of men (often among blacks, but among plenty of other races) by incarcerating them with long sentences for minor things, thus leaving women to raise children on their own. These women became dependent on the state for handouts for basic food and shelter. And guess what the men learned in prison?

So how did that work out for that part of the middle class? They're all poor now.

Michael

Even so, it is clear that the Republicans are no longer the friends of productive folks.  They are ensconced in the corporate castle-keep. 

34 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Even so, it is clear that the Republicans are no longer the friends of productive folks.  They are ensconced in the corporate castle-keep.

Bob,

I agree if you mean crony corporatist Establishment Republicans. I don't agree about Common Sense Republicans (the ones who started the original Tea Party).

Michael