9 hours ago, Peter said:

Fox News had a montage of leftians saying "dog whistle." Rush Limbaugh may do the same tomorrow. The Left goes to the same person or persons for "talking points and sanctioned phrases" according to Rush and that is why they all repeat the same words. They don't even have freedom of speech amidst their own ilk~  

Some of them have now also started including the word "code" to help explain to some of their viewers what the term "dogwhistle" means. "Trump spoke of enjoying pancakes and sausage for breakfast, Lisa, but isn't that a well-known dogwhistle, or code, that racists use?"

14 hours ago, Peter said:

...Court challenges would immediately start fueled by the 14th amendment to the Constitution...

For years, if not decades, the left has been strongly advocating the idea of a Constitution that is eternally malleable, a "living, breathing document," and promoting it as something to be tinkered and dabbled with, intertextually deconstructed, and reinterpreted at will. And...suddenly not. No more differences of opinion, or distinctions and gradations to consider. Nope. It's final. It's universal. Immutable. We are now, however briefly, the strictest of Constitutionalists.

3 hours ago, Jonathan said:

The left has been practicing LBJ's strategy of group voter dependency since, well, since LBJ. "I’ll have those n*****s voting democratic for two hundred years," has been expanded to a universal policy.

The breakup of the black voting bloc is a really good development.  I see a visible indication of it in my neighborhood, which is 95% or more middle-class black.  

In 2008, the place was plastered with Obama placards on lawns.  And up through 2008, lawns were always adorned with placards for Democrat candidates, whether for local or national office.

In 2012, there were only a few Obama placards, and the number of placards was dwindling, though those placards which were displayed were all for Democrat candidates.

In 2016, there were only a handful of placards for Democrat candidates other than Hillary Clinton.  There was not a single placard for her.

This year, there are no placards period, not a one.

Maybe in 2020, there will be placards for Trump.

Ellen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

The breakup of the black voting bloc is a really good development.  I see a visible indication of it in my neighborhood, which is 95% or more middle-class black.  

In 2008, the place was plastered with Obama placards on lawns.  And up through 2008, lawns were always adorned with placards for Democrat candidates, whether for local or national office.

In 2012, there were only a few Obama placards, and the number of placards was dwindling, though those placards which were displayed were all for Democrat candidates.

In 2016, there were only a handful of placards for Democrat candidates other than Hillary Clinton.  There was not a single placard for her.

This year, there are no placards period, not a one.

Maybe in 2020, there will be placards for Trump.

Ellen

I'm thinking that that course will probably continue. To the degree that Trump has been pushing for liberty, the black voting bloc has seen rewards, and, at the same time, the democrats, with their mindset of identity politics and dependent grievance groups, has divided its attention among more and more new victims who need attention and funds, thus granting lesser importance of the victimhood status of the old, reliable groups.

Social media has helped too. Blacks giving their opinions and reaching millions of viewers, unobstructed by the old leftist media, has opened a lot of eyes and encouraged independence.

J

On 10/27/2018 at 8:25 AM, william.scherk said:

"Magabomber conspiratards everywhere"

Kareepy!

Hallowe'en Bonus!

6 hours ago, Jonathan said:

I'm thinking that that course will probably continue. To the degree that Trump has been pushing for liberty, the black voting bloc has seen rewards, and, at the same time, the democrats, with their mindset of identity politics and dependent grievance groups, has divided its attention among more and more new victims who need attention and funds, thus granting lesser importance of the victimhood status of the old, reliable groups.

Social media has helped too. Blacks giving their opinions and reaching millions of viewers, unobstructed by the old leftist media, has opened a lot of eyes and encouraged independence.

J

Further pursuant to the increasing independence attitude among blacks, I think that there are many blacks who are sick and tired anyway of being cast in a victimization narrative.  A victim isn't an equal, and the blacks of whom I speak are self-reliant, self-confident in their ability to make it on their own skills.  They don't want or need the status of victim as a crutch.

Ellen

On 10/29/2018 at 10:34 PM, Brant Gaede said:

This thread is Fake News 

The fake news is against Trump and Trump is against the fake news and he plays it like a fiddle.

Is Fake News news? No; it's fake. Is Fake News real? Sure.

--Brant

Remember the Maine!

How could I forget the Maine? I can see the Maine from the Window of the House!

Literally.

20 minutes ago, caroljane said:

How could I forget the Maine? I can see the Maine from the Window of the House!

Literally.

Now I know where you live.

--Brant

the forces of darkness approach

(but the sun comes up in 9 hours (dramatic tension) )

On 10/30/2018 at 9:25 AM, william.scherk said:

NB "The full interview will air on "Axios on HBO" this Sunday, Nov. 4, at 6:30 p.m. ET/PT.")

Drip.

28 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Drip.

Oh, noes! The media are victims! They're scared, so therefore Trump had better stop being effective in countering their activism. He's supposed conform to their playbook, just like McCain and Romney did.

Heh.

J

On the one hand ...

On 2/22/2017 at 2:26 PM, KorbenDallas said:

On the other hand:

My range of choices begins with "Go read compliments about yourself," so that is what I will do. I won't have criticism, I won't have hate. And I'll have my own morning show. On yon distant shore, mind.

Someone needs to explain to me again which are the truth nuggets amid the debris of Hoopla! about the caravan of fucked-up people heading north 30 miles a day. Trump met Kim and fell in love. Who's is to say he won't meet the caravan leader and fall in love all over again?

Which of course calls for music.  Music to deliberate by, not too fast, not too slow. For the 60 percent.  With time for call and response.

Spoiler

Edited by william.scherk
No music yet; Jeopardy? what the heck is deliberative music?

58 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

On the one hand ...

On the other hand:

My range of choices begins with "Go read compliments about yourself," so that is what I will do. I won't have criticism, I won't have hate. And I'll have my own morning show. On yon distant shore, mind.

Someone needs to explain to me again which are the truth nuggets amid the debris of Hoopla! about the caravan of fucked-up people heading north 30 miles a day. Trump met Kim and fell in love. Who's is to say he won't meet the caravan leader and fall in love all over again?

Which of course calls for music.  Music to deliberate by, not too fast, not too slow. For the 60 percent.  With time for call and response.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh my God, that was so sweet of her to try to explain the free press to Trump! I bet he still doesn't get it! He probably can't even tie his shoes yet! Ha! Tee hee hee! Alisyn's so kind and smart, and Trump's not understanding the free press is just more proof of how stuuuupid he is!

Awesome grown-up "journalism," right there!

So fake it's yellow.

J

You will laugh, you will cry, you will never think of "Fake News" the same way again.  Ordinarily you cannot hear outbursts of unrestrained studio crew laughter during a Sam Seder taping.  Tell all your friends, just not the Haters.

Gateway Pundit Pandas:  0; Luciferian Internet Hate-laughers: 36;  Own-goals: 31.

14 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Someone needs to explain to me again which are the truth nuggets amid the debris of Hoopla! about the caravan of fucked-up people heading north 30 miles a day.

William,

How about this?

The staff of Beto O'Rourke (the mighty and truthy Ted Cruz slayer) is funding the caravan with prepaid cards using campaign funds. It's on video (see the Project Veritas Action thread. here). Campaign manager no less.

Is that fucked up enough for you?

:)

Hey! I just thought of something. Didn't Beto recently receive gazillions of dollars from Hollywood?

Hmmmmm...

:evil: 

Michael

You will laugh, you will cry...

I did neither. I was bored by the snail-paced tedium.

...you will never think of "Fake News" the same way again...

No, I think of fake news exactly the same way as I had.

Ordinarily you cannot hear outbursts of unrestrained studio crew laughter during a Sam Seder taping.

Who?

Tell all your friends, just not the Haters.

Gateway Pundit Pandas:  0; Luciferian Internet Hate-laughers: 36;  Own-goals: 31.

Yay???

J

On 10/30/2018 at 7:54 PM, Jonathan said:

Ryan, as well as the left and its lapdog media, have already contructed a straw man argument about Trump's reasoning, motives, and his wishing to abuse power and ignore law. They're foaming about their belief that Trump believes that he can just change the Constitution with the stroke of a pen. This ain't a dictatorship, even though Trump thinks it is. That kind of thing. Yeah. Um, pick up on the clues, assholes. The idea would be for Trump to present the case that the wording of 14A does not provide citizenship to children born of parents who are here illegally, nor do the arguments presented at the time of ratification of 14A, and that any order that Trump would sign would merely recognize, affirm and clarify what many have mistakenly assumed and falsely taken for granted has never actually been a Constitutional tenet.

The case that modern advocates of birthright citizenship cite is United States v. Wong Kim Ark. See? Toldja so! Supreme Court already decided it! Nya nya nana nya!

Yeah, but, oops, the parents weren't here illegally. It's not all said and done and packed away neatly just cuz that's the Narrative that the left and people like Ryan want to believe.

J

Coulter hitting the same points, and more:

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2018-10-31.html

...Of course the president can end the citizenship of "anchor babies" by executive order -- for the simple reason that no Supreme Court or U.S. Congress has ever conferred such a right. 

It's just something everyone believes to be true...

...This crackpot notion was concocted by liberal zealot Justice William Brennan and slipped into a footnote as dicta in a 1982 case. "Dicta" means it was not the ruling of the court, just a random aside, with zero legal significance. 

Left-wing activists seized on Brennan's aside and browbeat everyone into believing that anchor babies are part of our great constitutional heritage, emerging straight from the pen of James Madison. 

No Supreme Court has ever held that children born to illegal aliens are citizens. No Congress has deliberated and decided to grant that right. It's a made-up right, grounded only in the smoke and mirrors around Justice Brennan's 1982 footnote...

Did you see this?

https://news.grabien.com/story-obama-heckler-if-youre-supporting-other-guy-go-their-rally

OBAMA GETS ANGRY WITH HECKLER: IF YOU’RE SUPPORTING THE OTHER GUY, GO TO THEIR RALLY!
‘One of the things I never understood is if you’re supporting the other guy, why you come to my rally’
Nov 2, 2018

logo_player.png

Obama is an authoritarian who hates free speech and wants to repeal the first amendment! He wants to take away people's rights, brah!

He's just like Hitler.

J

Yon invasion. Yon politicking. Yon yawns. In re "which are the truth nuggets amid the debris of Hoopla! about the caravan of fucked-up people heading north 30 miles a day ..."

Some things stand out as especially awful (in politics, ie, perception is reality, and the availability heuristic does double-shifts. That is why I am voting the straight Munster ticket): Beto O'Rourke camp says spending highlighted in Project Veritas video went to charity, will be "appropriately reported"

After a controversial conservative group released an undercover video featuring O’Rourke’s staffers, his campaign said that those staffers “took it upon themselves" to use campaign funds to donate supplies to an El Paso nonprofit.

by Patrick Svitek Nov. 2, 2018 Updated: 1 hour ago

The campaign of Beto O'Rourke, the Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate, said Friday that staffers recently "took it upon themselves" to use campaign funds to donate supplies to an El Paso nonprofit and that the contributions — less than $300 total — will be "appropriately reported" to the Federal Election Commission.

The statement came in response to an undercover video from the controversial conservative group Project Veritas — a video Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz moved quickly to promote.

On Thursday night, the controversial conservative group Project Veritas released a nearly 24-minute video featuring undercover footage from the O'Rourke campaign, purporting to show staffers "using campaign resources to buy supplies and help transport Honduran aliens." In a tweet Friday morning, Cruz sought to tie the staffers' actions to the massive migrant caravan that is currently hundreds of miles south of the U.S.-Mexico border and has emerged as a campaign issue in races across the country.

Responding to the video Friday morning, O'Rourke's campaign said that the staffers were responding to an unrelated incident last week in which the federal government dropped off over 100 migrants seeking asylum at a bus station in downtown El Paso. The local newspaper said that bus station officials then called Annunciation House, a Catholic nonprofit immigrant shelter.

"Staff members took it upon themselves to use prepaid cards from one of our more than 700 field offices to buy baby wipes, diapers, water, fruit and granola bars, and donate them to a local humanitarian nonprofit (Annunciation House) that helps mothers and children in the community," O'Rourke spokesman Chris Evans said in a statement. "The value was under $300 and it will be appropriately reported to the FEC."

It is not unusual for campaigns to make donations to groups like Annunciation House. Campaigns are allowed to give to charity "as long as the candidate does not receive compensation from the charitable organization before it has expended the entire amount donated," according to the FEC website.

In the video, a campaign staffer is shown expressing an awareness that what they are doing is improper, or at least could be perceived as improper. One talks of how he can “ignore the rules” and raises the prospect of a “$50,000 fine” if caught.

While the remarks are unflattering to the campaign, they do not break the law unless the donations are wrongly reported to the FEC, according to one campaign finance expert.

"The law requires accurate and correct reporting of disbursement of campaign funds,” said Paul S. Ryan, vice president of policy and litigation at the government watchdog group Common Cause. "If that happens, there is no civil or criminal violations of the law. If the campaign were to incorrectly report these funds, then the tape … would be evidence that the violation was knowing and willful."

Project Veritas has been infiltrating a number of Democratic campaigns in the run-up to the Tuesday midterm elections. Over the years, the group has faced intense criticism for selective editing, while its founder, James O'Keefe, has maintained the videos are investigative journalism. In 2014, the group released undercover footage of supporters of Democrat Wendy Davis' bid for governor that drew criticism for some deceptive editing.

In the Texas Senate race, the undercover video comes amid mounting efforts by Cruz and his allies to link O'Rourke and his immigration views to the caravan. Cruz and other Republicans — led by President Donald Trump — have taken a hardline stance against the caravan, insisting it must be stopped, while O'Rourke has taken a more sympathetic view, saying he does not "buy into the rhetoric" that the migrants are a threat.

In a tweet Friday morning, Cruz linked the caravan to the migrants that the O'Rourke staffers sought to help, even though they appear to be separate groups.

"Two basic Qs every reporter should ask Beto today: (1) should the 'caravan' be allowed to cross illegally into Texas? (Beto refuses to answer.) And (2) did your campaign dollars illegally fund their doing so?" Cruz said.

During a news conference Thursday unrelated to the Project Veritas video, the Annunciation House director, Ruben Garcia, said that his organization has been receiving an average of 350 migrants daily.

[..]

I'm moving to Bulgaria to start my own organic fake news farm.  Metaphors would be peppers, garlic, onion, shallots, hot sauce, super hot sauce, deadly torpedoes and 5G wi-fi on Tor.

British Columbia has had some fine times staving off hordes of wrong people. Especially shaming for Indo-Canadians is the stand-off a boat of turban-wearing Sikhs (mostly) numbering in the hundreds. They were put off and forced to return from whence they came, even though they were British subjects and there was no particular law that barred them.  We even had not one but two anti-Asian riots with all the thrills of fear and window-smashing and so on.

The migrant caravan invites Ultra-Politics in the age of nationalism. What is easier to whip up sentiment with than an actual destructive forced aimed at the homeland?

Ultra-hoopla, meet ultra-politicking. Take that Beto, you communist.  How's that bilingualism working out, snake-tongue?

Edited by william.scherk
Nothing standout awful, nuggetwise, but missed the Tribune link in the headline

29 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

British Columbia has had some fine times staving off hordes of wrong people. Especially shaming for Indo-Canadians is the stand-off a boat of turban-wearing Sikhs (mostly) numbering in the hundreds. They were put off and forced to return from whence they came, even though they were British subjects and there was no particular law that barred them.

Had these Sikhs made a media pageant of their trek, vocally criticized the nation to which they were headed, and made legal demands and threats? Were they actually refugees in legitimate need of asylum? Was their message a description of the horrors they had fled, and of the appreciation that they would feel if saved from their predicament, or was it something more like a list of all that they were owed by their destination nation, and an attitude of grievance and moral censure toward those with whom they wished to be future compatriots?

Just out of curiosity, how many refugees have you, Billy, invited and welcomed into your home? How many are you voluntarily caring for or assisting with your own personal time and money? You seem to be very passionate about the issue. Does that passion translate into anything in reality beyond opining, voting and smearing/ridiculing Those™ with a different opinion?

J

Here's a perspective on fake news that I had never seen before.

Scott Adams thinks younger voters are dumber than adults for the simple reason they haven't got life experience. So he's not trying to be offensive, merely trying to identify a fact.

One of the examples he gives is about fake news. He says millennials rarely criticize fake news because they have literally grown up watching it and hearing it called news. They have never seen real news like used to exist.

I think he's right...

On another note, Scott made an appeal to not gloat too much if there is a Republican blowout on Tuesday. He thinks being nice is an end in itself. So punching down on a loser is distasteful to him.

But I remember all the slime the anti-Trumpers have thrown and take that into account, too. Also, would they not gloat if the situation were the contrary?

So I'm gonna pass on that one.

I'm gonna gloat.

But wait!

It's worse!

I'm gonna enjoy the gloating. I'm gonna bask in it and soak it up.

Michael

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Just out of curiosity, how many refugees have you, Billy, invited and welcomed into your home? How many are you voluntarily caring for or assisting with your own personal time and money? You seem to be very passionate about the issue. Does that passion translate into anything in reality beyond opining, voting and smearing/ridiculing Those™ with a different opinion?

Jonathan,

Actually, some time ago when everyone was bashing Muslims, William decided to do a stint on a Syrian blog and engage with them, including the hostiles. I think he was on a mission to prove they are not Bad People, they were open to reason, they would welcome progressives with open arms, and so on.

He got his ass kicked pretty hard.

(His interpretation might be in different language. :) )

But I admire him--seriously--for actually going out and putting is own ass on the line. He didn't just talk. He went and did it.

Since I like William, I'm glad he didn't do it in real reality, though, like silly Kumbaya people sometimes have done by bicycling through ISIS territory or whatnot and gotten their throats slit.

Michael

4 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here's a perspective on fake news that I had never seen before.

Scott Adams thinks younger voters are dumber than adults for the simple reason they haven't got life experience. So he's not trying to be offensive, merely trying to identify a fact.

One of the examples he gives is about fake news. He says millennials rarely criticize fake news because they have literally grown up watching it and hearing it called news. They have never seen real news like used to exist.

I think he's right...

On another note, Scott made an appeal to not gloat too much if there is a Republican blowout on Tuesday. He thinks being nice is an end in itself. So punching down on a loser is distasteful to him.

But I remember all the slime the anti-Trumpers have thrown and take that into account, too. Also, would they not gloat if the situation were the contrary?

So I'm gonna pass on that one.

I'm gonna gloat.

But wait!

It's worse!

I'm gonna enjoy the gloating. I'm gonna bask in it and soak it up.

Michael

Those who show some humility, who own up to what they were wrong about and try to identify their root mistakes, will deserve our not gloating too much. As for the rest, the daily reminders that they are dumb blind assholes must continue unabated.

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

Actually, some time ago when everyone was bashing Muslims, William decided to do a stint on a Syrian blog and engage with them, including the hostiles. I think he was on a mission to prove they are not Bad People, they were open to reason, they would welcome progressives with open arms, and so on.

He got his ass kicked pretty hard.

(His interpretation might be in different language. :) )

But I admire him--seriously--for actually going out and putting is own ass on the line. He didn't just talk. He went and did it.

Since I like William, I'm glad he didn't do it in real reality, though, like silly Kumbaya people sometimes have done by bicycling through ISIS territory or whatnot and gotten their throats slit.

Michael

I love Billy. He's a brilliant mofo. Cat's got style. His criticisms, when fairly and justly aimed, can be deliciously devastating. Put that in the gush file. But his slacking into petty mischaracerizations and staving off hordes of straw men is disappointing.

J

15 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I'm gonna gloat.

Well, this post isn't exactly gloating, but let's call it a warm-up.

(I'm trying to walk the delicate line between schadenfreude and jinxing the outcome. :) )

From The American Mirror:

DEM PANIC? Ocasio-Cortez calls Trump ‘monster’, Biden threatens violence, wild-eyed Obama’s voice cracks during rant

Man. does this really feel...

Er...

OK...

Let's wait and see.

Michael