5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Look at all that corporate media attention to fake news.

Fake news? Sessions' accusers are merely using a little hyperbole, an "innocent form of exaggeration" (The Art of the Deal).  :P

The onslaught starts.

This is just a trickle from the crack in the dam.

But it tells the direction the water will flow in.

:)

Michael

Watch: A timeline of the 3 Trump-Russia scandals

The appearance of Carter Page on MSNBC was a good move. If you want to push back against left-blob anti-Trump speculation and hysteria about Marcia Marcia Russia, confront the source or one of the sources of the misleading and fabricated 'scandal.'

So, Carter Page gets a change to blow the MSM bullshit right out of the water:

Below is the full interview with former Trump advisor Carter Page on All in With Chris Hayes. Page’s barrage of evasive answers make the entire interview worth watching. A partial transcript is also available below:

HEADLINE, PAGE 6

Don Ameche Hrumph, ring master of The Big League three ring circus, consisting of the Congress, the media and his administration announced today.

"Yes the biggest league shew, the best of all the rest is closing due to waning popularity in day 44, the high price and loss of personal prestige of putting on a show and difficulties dealing with the high wire act of draining the swamp." 

In unusual style Trumps last tweet said, "I was handed a mike and had reckless freedom of speech which was regarded as frankness and procured me popularity. I was to learn later in office that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization."

"But I give myself a strong, strong C overall for messaging. Grade C military strength C but a strong C. A capital C. Still a very strong C." 

He will return to a life of vicious indulgence on the greens and with that he raised his hand and traced in space the letter C and then he turned and smiled saying, 

"Da svidahnia Hombres."

Schwarzenegger when contacted later commented , "Dont let the door hit you on the way out. Ooops. Knew you wouldnt stay away for long. Hasta la vista baby."

6 hours ago, turkeyfoot said:

Schwarzenegger when contacted later commented , "Dont let the door hit you on the way out. Ooops. Knew you wouldnt stay away for long. Hasta la vista baby."

Geoff,

Except it's Arnie leaving. He's done with Celebrity Apprentice and says it's all Trump's fault.

Seriously.

The Terminator went up against the Trumpinator and got terminated.

Michael

There's something very interesting fake news-wise going on with the following:

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The anti-Trump folks have been wielding fake news knowing that it doesn't matter after a certain time if something is real or not. That's the way fake news works and that's why they use it. Once a narrative enters the mainstream, it's hard as hell to get rid of it. Proof no longer is an issue until after the damage has been done.

So I wonder how the "Obama is sleazy like Nixon" with an illegal wiretapping narrative is going to play out. I have a feeling this one is going to be around for a long time. That Nixon wiretap wound cuts deep in the American psyche.

And don't forget, it doesn't matter if the narrative is true or not. All fake news needs is for enough people to believe it's true. And, from what I've seen, the anti-Trumpers have no monopoly on using this propaganda tool. So two can play their game.

Now think about this. What if it is true and President Trump has that proof through, say, the FBI?

Once the Democrats lose any sliver of a moral high ground with the public they had with former President Obama's allure, they will be in deep shit come election time. I didn't think it possible, but if this narrative spreads like I think it will, their lot will be much worse than it is now.

How's them apples? 

Michael

In fact, it just occurred to me that this would explain something I have been unable to fit within my view of human nature.

This whole "the Russians did it" campaign to explain Clinton's loss always left a residue of logical discomfort when I thought about it. I can understand the Clinton insiders believing that out of pain of the loss, but it's been hard for me to imagine the entire mainstream press committing credibility suicide over this story since there is nothing left to gain from it.

That is... unless explaining Clinton's loss was not the real issue.

But covering up potential Obama wrongdoing would supply such a motive. And in abundance. I have a feeling they all knew President Obama wiretapped the Trump Tower and they are going crazy to explain it by saying he was looking for Russians. If that reason is not credible, it will look like Obama was doing a Nixon thing to gather covert info on the opponent (Trump) to influence the election for Clinton.

Even in their bubble, I think the mainstream press and Democrat insiders all know where that would lead.

Well, it looks like this story stands a very good chance of going there.

It's already being called Towergate all over the place.

Wouldn't it be a pisser for them if this info was on Clinton's server?

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And don't forget, it doesn't matter if the narrative is true or not. All fake news needs is for enough people to believe it's true.

I hate the term 'Fake News.'

Politico's Matthew Nussbaum has put together a timeline of Russia-Trump news and acts and speeches and tweets. It shows the whole span of concerns, and of course mentions the various investigations underway.

Jan. 6: The Office of the Director of National Intelligence releases an unclassified report expressing the conclusion of the CIA, FBI and NSA about Russian election interference: “We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump. We have high confidence in these judgments. We also assess Putin and the Russian Government aspired to help President-elect Trump’s election chances when possible by discrediting Secretary Clinton and publicly contrasting her unfavorably to him.”

The report concludes that DC Leaks, Guccifer 2.0 and WikiLeaks all obtained the hacked documents via Russian government-backed hackers.

That same day, Clapper, FBI director James Comey and CIA director John Brennan brief Trump at Trump Tower on the intelligence community’s findings.

Trump tells The New York Times the Russia controversy is a “political witch hunt.”

Trump releases a statement saying the hacks had “absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election” and says that “Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying” to hack the government and other institutions.

He writes on Twitter later that night: “Gross negligence by the Democratic National Committee allowed hacking to take place.The Republican National Committee had strong defense!”

Jan. 7: Trump writes on Twitter: “Having a good relationship with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing. Only 'stupid' people, or fools, would think that it is bad! We..... have enough problems around the world without yet another one. When I am President, Russia will respect us far more than they do now and.... both countries will, perhaps, work together to solve some of the many great and pressing problems and issues of the WORLD!”

Geoff,

Except it's Arnie leaving. He's done with Celebrity Apprentice and says it's all Trump's fault.

Seriously.

The Terminator went up against the Trumpinator and got terminated.

Michael

Hi Michael

You're busy extolling machiavellian virtues while Im giving props to his Petronian tastes.

You need a funny bone for humor not a line that fakes whats happening with Apprentice. The object lesson about the Apprentice ratings is if you dont like your boss leave.

"The Terminator went up against the Trumpinator and got terminated."

Im calling FAKE.

Arnaud inherited a program in decline, and long in the tooth and now up against video streams from every corner of the internet.

The '16 numbers are down from 2.3 share to a 1.3 share. The demographic supporting HC was 18-39 yrs old, the sweet spot for TV shares.

The story being told is about love and hate leaving us to reflect on the aftermath of the inaugural and of how many millennials, gen y-z, and iGens preferences lean towards the Batchelor and away from anything stamped with the Trump imprimatur. 

He claims he wants all of us to have our own version of a Trump tower existence. 

While he talks what he thinks is a good game theres the serious business at hand over how much his repeal and replace is looking like O care lite.

A reminder that all that glitters is not gold. 

Seriously. Fools gold.

Theres a campaign line from Trump, MAGA. Reality suffers more under this Trump illusion in that America can only rise as far as the Presidents vision allows. If we call mediocre - GREAT - who do we really fool?

But covering up potential Obama wrongdoing would supply such a motive. And in abundance. I have a feeling they all knew President Obama wiretapped the Trump Tower and they are going crazy to explain it by saying he was looking for Russians. If that reason is not credible, it will look like Obama was doing a Nixon thing to gather covert info on the opponent (Trump) to influence the election for Clinton.

How would the whole mainstream press have known about it if Obama was having Trump Tower wiretapped?

Ellen

In fact, it just occurred to me that this would explain something I have been unable to fit within my view of human nature.

This whole "the Russians did it" campaign to explain Clinton's loss always left a residue of logical discomfort when I thought about it. I can understand the Clinton insiders believing that out of pain of the loss, but it's been hard for me to imagine the entire mainstream press committing credibility suicide over this story since there is nothing left to gain from it.

That is... unless explaining Clinton's loss was not the real issue.

Even in their bubble, I think the mainstream press and Democrat insiders all know where that would lead.

Well, it looks like this story stands a very good chance of going there.

It's already being called Towergate all over the place.

Wouldn't it be a pisser for them if this info was on Clinton's server?

Michael

Wouldnt this idea rest on a theory that there are no leaks from the sieve called press main stream? Comon, even you cant believe it.

I urge a time out. ;) 

Whats missing is all the irretrievable time with fill in the blank.  chasing rainbows

1 minute ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

I have a feeling they all knew President Obama wiretapped the Trump Tower and they are going crazy to explain it by saying he was looking for Russians.

How would the whole mainstream press have known about it if Obama was having Trump Tower wiretapped?

46 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

William,

Did you post those Trump tweets to suggest that they answer my question?  They don't.  Michael is proposing that the MSM knew Obama was wiretapping while he was (putatively) doing it.

Ellen

William wrote on February 24th: ...I am hoping Mike will tell me more than the quick mention of a NASA cover-up of microbial life on Mars. end quote

Ready for a trip to Mars, germs or not? Live TV would have a four second delay, which is quite short. When I first lived in Hawaii they shipped tapes of TV shows from the mainland (on ships, they weren’t flown), and I think we watched shows two weeks after their initial broadcasts. It was aggravating if an article appeared in the paper about an upcoming show that gave away the good parts.   

Go to the article to check out the photos of the vest mentioned below. It looks sort of like a superhero costume. I have heard of other methods of radiation - shielding like surrounding the living quarters with water tanks. Mars could be a difficult place to live, with a very shortened, brutish life span, with today’s technology. But as the movie “Mars” illustrated, a short visit is possible. After that you might need to be underground. So, inhabiting Mars may require boring and construction robots or machines, and a decent supply of ice to melt for protection, drinking, and bathing. And a toilet . . . and a newspaper.

Peter   

This sleek vest might protect NASA astronauts from deadly radiation on deep-space missions by Ori Lewis and Rinat Harash, Reuters Mar. 3, 2017, 6:08 AM: HAIFA, Israel — A vest designed to shield astronauts from deadly solar particles in deep space is set for trials on a lunar mission and ready for deployment on any manned mission to Mars, its Israeli developers said. The AstroRad Radiation Shield has been devised by Tel Aviv-based StemRad, which has already produced and marketed a belt to protect rescue workers from harmful gamma ray radiation emitted in nuclear disasters, such as Chernobyl and Fukushima. The vest will protect vital human tissue, particularly stem cells, which could be devastated by solar radiation in deep space or on Mars, whose sparse atmosphere offers no protection, StemRad's CEO Oren Milstein said. US space agency NASA has said it hopes to send astronauts to Mars in the mid-2030s.

The vest is made of layers that look like a contoured map and will be tailor-made for each astronaut. Non-metallic protective materials will be positioned on each shield to cover the organs of each astronaut. "This product will enable human deep space exploration. Our breakthrough has come in creating the architecture of the multi-layered shield to accurately cover the most important organs," Milstein said. StemRad say it has proven the concept in the laboratory and in simulations, but testing will also take place on the Orion spacecraft, a joint project of Lockheed Martin, NASA and the European Space Agency.

Orion is set to orbit the moon unmanned during the debut flight of NASA's heavy-lift Space Launch System rocket, scheduled for late 2018 but it is also assessing the feasibility of flying two astronauts on that mission. During the lunar flyby mission, the vest will be strapped to a "phantom" torso dummy, a device used to monitor radiation absorption. Another phantom will fly unprotected and the two will be analyzed after they return to Earth. NASA had no immediate comment on how the test could be affected if the agency decided to put astronauts on Orion.

Stemrad's chief technologist, Gideon Waterman, said the vest needed to combine density with flexibility to protect astronauts while enabling them to move about as freely as possible. Mock-ups have been made, and the first protective vest is expected to be produced by the end of the year, Milstein said. "Based on our simulations, we're sure it works but to be 100 percent sure, we're sending it up on EM-1," he said, referring to NASA's Exploration Mission-1, the first flight of the combined Space Launch System rocket and the Orion capsule. The Orion will have its own small shelter for solar storms or flares that have dangerous bursts of radiation, and the vest, Milstein said, will offer the same degree of protection so astronauts can keep safe in other parts of the spacecraft. Astronauts in Earth's orbit, such as those on the International Space Station, do not face the same risk because they are protected by the planet's magnetic field which acts as a shield, he added.

31 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Did you post those Trump tweets to suggest that they answer my question?  They don't.  Michael is proposing that the MSM knew Obama was wiretapping while he was (putatively) doing it.

No and yes.  I wanted to know exactly what the President was saying today, and shared what I found.

Is Michael saying that the Them media had a hot little story like this in their hands, and did nothing with it (no leaks, no hints, a solid wall-to-wall cloak)?  I think he may be saying that, but I will let him answer to Turkeyfoot and you before I fasten down my opinion.

I think that we might be conflating a few things. I think that Trump may have discovered that Trump Tower communications were intercepted by some intelligence or law enforcement investigation body.  If he didn't get some detailed information that he can share, then who knows precisely what he is reacting to.

My guess is that he is just now being fully briefed on how deeply his campaign is and was being investigated.  Among the tools I imagine were intercepts.  Can a President order a tap as a stand-alone inquiry? Can Trump now order a wire-tap on the 'bad or sick' former President?  Maybe, maybe not.

It is plausible that the scope of the inquiries into "Russian meddling and grey ops" was broad enough to include the campaign headquarters, if and when a 'foreign agent' was taking a meeting.  Perhaps some of the campaign staff and advisers were already on an investigative target board by last October.

The Flynn Effect was first felt when it was made public that General Flynn's conversations with the Ambassador had been intercepted. By Obama? Well, no, yeah,  by the intelligence community, so-called, by the FBI, perhaps. The target of the tap was the Ambassador, and intercepting an Ambassador's communications seems normal tradecraft. 

I haven't yet had a gander at the amount of Grand Hoopla over the President's accusations.  I expect that the biggest question is not "Has the MSM sat on this since October?" in some perfectly hermetic long-game plot, but "Where is the Evidence to back up Trump's claims?"

-- I imagine the President was deeply frustrated with the whole Russia Russia Russia programming, and felt like lashing out. If he cannot share the factual information informing his tweets, then this will become a separate thread of Hoopla and the Hoopla will remain intense until the President or the White House or somebody gives details. 

Which details will engender fresh storms of Hoopla.  

Edited by william.scherk
Plausibility? How do you reckon?