On 7/3/2017 at 11:47 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... spinning Michael Flynn and muh Russians in the now dying spin direction.

A last blaze of glory for the fake news media on Flynn:

NYT - Michael Flynn Pleads Guilty to Lying to the F.B.I. and Will Cooperate With Russia Inquiry

USA Today - Five reasons Michael Flynn's guilty plea is such a big deal

ABC News - ANALYSIS: Michael Flynn's guilty plea opens more doors than it closes

The Atlantic - If Flynn Is Small Fry, Who’s the Bigger Fish in Mueller’s Net?

WaPo - Michael Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI on contacts with Russian ambassador

And so on.

Oh, there will be more reports, but this, in my view, is their Hail Mary! pass.

What's more, I suspect it's gonna be a boomerang, just like everything the fake news media has tried on President Trump before.

12.01.2017-13.46.png

(I can probably do better, but I'm not big on image editing yet. Still, you get the picture... :)

Michael

Another recent fake news splash on Rex Tillerson:

WaPo - White House readies plan to replace Tillerson with Pompeo at State, install Cotton at CIA

CNN - White House considering replacing Tillerson with Pompeo

NYT - White House Plans Tillerson Ouster From State Dept., to Be Replaced by Pompeo

Fox News (yes, even Fox :) ) - Rex Tillerson expected to step down in January, plans discussed for Pompeo to take place

Time - Donald Trump Is Thinking About Replacing Rex Tillerson With CIA Chief Mike Pompeo: Reports

The Hill - Tillerson may be out, but Trump is the State Department’s real problem

Real Clear Politics - Trump Weighs Plan to Replace Tillerson With CIA's Pompeo

BBC News (yes, even BBC :) ) -  Trumplomacy: Why Rex Tillerson is in trouble

Tillerson called all this "laughable."

And President Trump? What does he say?

On Twitter just now:

Or the Prez's Instagram:

:)

Michael

The idiot fake news media doesn't seem to see how this crap erodes their credibility. It's like they are hypnotized or something.

I say keep it up. That way President Trump will get a rubber stamp Congress and, going by his pace of work, will kick some major ass in straitening this country out.

Michael

Incidentally, the splash over the Flynn case (the true importance of which is like a stolen can of premium air or sunshine :) ) is probably a press maneuver to get the Congressional disposition to pass the tax overhaul plan off the front pages. Then there's that damn Steinle case where her illegal alien murderer was let off.

All the fake news media is doing with this string of Flynn puff pieces is to buy some time to take a breath and that's about all. Just because the front page space got hogged for a little by garbage news, the enthusiasm for the tax plan passing will not wane, especially once it passes, nor will the general fury on the conservative side at the Steinle case verdict. These stories are not going anywhere.

The Flynn fizzle will pass, though, except for, maybe, on Rachel Maddow's show. She is doing her damnedest to become a left-wing Alex Jones (but is actually becoming more like a leftish miniature Jeff Rense :) ).

Michael

This time the fake news media stepped in it to the point their own team is going to eat someone alive. Raw.

Brian Ross made a fake news report on Flynn flipping on President Trump. I want to provide a video, but the ABC reputation management folks are scrubbing the videos from the Internet as fast as folks can put them up. (Thank God for DuckDuckGo because elsewhere this doesn't even pop up on normal searches at places like Google, YouTube, etc.)

So let's just go with Real Clear Politics Video:

ABC's Brian Ross: Flynn Prepared To Testify Against Trump, Trump Family, White House Staff (UPDATED)

In the text at that link (being that there is no longer any video):

JUST IN: @BrianRoss on @ABC News Special Report: Michael Flynn promised "full cooperation to the Mueller team" and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians." https://t.co/aiagnvr8eS pic.twitter.com/r8u2LWAd0O

— ABC News (@ABC) December 1, 2017
(ABC News has deleted Ross' original and erroneous report)

UPDATE: ABC News has deleted the above video of Ross' report from Friday morning after investigative reporter Brian Ross retracted the explosive claim that Flynn would be willing to testify against Trump.

The fake news bosses are not amused. See the following from Politico, for just one example:

ABC News draws fire for erroneous Trump-Flynn report

imagine what is going on in the back rooms. (batting eyes innocently) But why would they be pissed, I wonder, I wonder? 

Might it have anything to do with the following, hmmmmmm? :) 

That's some major-league monkeyshines with money.

Imagine how many top dogs--I mean the owners of the fake news media and their cronies, not the journalists or management--lost a butt-load of money in this affair where they have their trades set on automatic electronically rigged hair-triggers and shut-downs for too rapid activity. 

I have a feeling some bad weather is coming to ABC for a spell.

If you work in the fake news media, you can screw over the general public. That's permitted. In fact, you should. But by God, by all eternity and by all that is sacred and profane, you better not screw with the ruling class's money. That can get people killed.

Ah... schadenfreude... thy taste is sweet like stolen honey when the bees are busy stinging assholes... 

Michael

Schadenfreude ... ABC disciplines its bad dog

Edited by william.scherk
Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia

17 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I have a feeling some bad weather is coming to ABC for a spell.

If you work in the fake news media, you can screw over the general public. That's permitted. In fact, you should. But by God, by all eternity and by all that is sacred and profane, you better not screw with the ruling class's money. That can get people killed.

Ah... schadenfreude... thy taste is sweet like stolen honey when the bees are busy stinging assholes... 

And how about when the President himself pokes them in the eye over their lost money by bringing it up in public?

He even tells them what to do (savage ABC.).

President Trump must be laughing at the prospect of the ruling class elites suing one of their own media jewels. I know I am. :)

It's either that or accept their money loss for gross incompetence at serving up propaganda. And if they accept the money loss, I have no doubt the President will laugh at them in public for being idiots. 

They've got two choices: really really really bad or worse.

Michael

"US Military Develop ‘Gene Extinction’ Weapon To Wipe Out Entire Race"

fayknoozDec8.png

Dave Weigel resigns from Washington Post ..."

Here is a different take on fake news based on analyzing political comedy TV show personalities, starting with some serious analysis by Jon Stewart.

The gist is that the 24 hour news networks, after the first Iraq war, had to start manufacturing scandals if they wanted to keep their audiences watching and sponsors paying. Stewart started helping that along with news satire, even as he criticized the need for it.

Stewart's problem is that he took a political side (Democrat) and so did his progeny. Thus this form of satire evolved lopsided and, for lack of diversity (heh), now one show sounds like another.

Although the video doesn't say, the slide by satire news into fake news became inevitable since the shows had to side with mainstream news.

The 24 hour news network structure itself is a self-corrupting process, but I don't believe this is the main reason the mainstream news media became fake news. It helped, though. It greased the chute real good.

Michael

• 1 month later...

The Fake News awards are out, but they didn't do it right.

Oh well...

Even based on those eleven items among the vast number that occurred, it's clear that the US mainstream press is--to use a phrase the mainstream press loves and repeats over and over these days--a shithole.

Michael

Vox's 'The “winners” of Trump’s fake news awards, annotated'

fakeAwards00.png

fakeAwards00a.png

fakeAwards00b.png

fakeAwards00c.png

Spoiler

fakeAwardsGatewayP00.png fakeAwardsGatewayP00a.pngfakeAwardsGatewayP00b.pngfakeAwardsGatewayP00c.png

• 2 weeks later...

Another contest is running, this time by WikiLeaks:

I love it.

Michael

Facebook users and 'fake news'

Edited by william.scherk

Facebook is gigantic right now.

But there's a crack in the dam. From Bloomberg:

Facebook Really Wants You to Come Back
The social network is getting aggressive with people who don’t log in often, working to keep up its engagement numbers.

Facebook is screwing this up big time. A social media site is a love affair for the user.

I don't know anyone who has had doubts about their relationship and started to drift away, then came back solid and stayed because their partner started to nag them to death. In fact, that's the best way to make sure the relationship loses any chance of surviving.

So I don't know how long Facebook will be able to hide this crack, but I suspect for not too long. 

After all, if this crack grows and hits a tipping point (which is a plausible risk where people are free to choose), how does one hide a stampede?

I am absolutely sure the other tech giants are going to make the same mistakes Facebook is making and will make. They are all populated with young lefties who think they know how to run the users' lives better than their users can.

They should stop the manipulation crap and politics and let users use their platforms as they see fit. But after the Arab Spring, I think political power (and, of course, the money) has gone to the heads of these technocratic kids.

I don't see them resorting to freedom as their business model anytime soon. The closest they will get will be an illusion of freedom among agenda-driven binds--a good term for this is bounded choice. This is a control situation where they get users to believe the only choices that exist anywhere in the world are the ones in front of them on the platform.

Except I think users are starting to show that have BS meters in good working order.

I see a gigantic business opportunity unfolding.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

The headline below from the NYT is typical of the mainstream media's coverage of North Korea in the Olympics:

Kim Jong-un’s Sister Turns On the Charm, Taking Pence’s Spotlight

Kim Yo-jong, the sister of Kim Jong-un, is the Director of the Propaganda and Agitation Department of the Workers' Party of Korea.

Paul Joseph Watson connected some dots.

It is what it is. I don't see how anyone can not see this after they see it.

Michael

Whodda thunk it?

It turns out that Google (Eric Schmidt) is the one who came up with the term "fake news" and got it rolling in the culture (through an Obama push, then Hillary Clinton).

Sharyl Attkisson is not part of the right. She used to be as mainstream as they come (CBS News).

I like how she said that President Trump did not invent the term as used today. He merely made a hostile takeover.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Whodda thunk it?

It turns out that Google (Eric Schmidt) is the one who came up with the term "fake news" and got it rolling in the culture (through an Obama push, then Hillary Clinton).

Sharyl Attkisson is not part of the right. She used to be as mainstream as they come (CBS News).

I like how she said that President Trump did not invent the term as used today. He merely made a hostile takeover.

Michael

Obama insisted that "somebody needed to step in and curate information of this wild, wild West media environment."

Heh.

"Trump's Fake News: Deep Breaths and Fact-Checking Might Just Save America"

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

"Trump's Fake News: Deep Breaths and Fact-Checking Might Just Save America"

Yeah. Trump lies. The press lies. Obama lied (and still does despite being out of office). Politicians and media don't care much for truth, except when it's to their personal and political advantage.

The fun thing is that Trump has indeed pulled a "hostile takeover" of the concept "fake news." He took away the left's weapon and bloodied them with it. They don't know what to do in response. They're not used to someone fighting back, let alone kicking their asses.

Imagine what they'd be doing to Jeb! right now, and how he'd be cowering and caving. Or Kasich. God, they'd destroy him.

29 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

The fun thing is that Trump has indeed pulled a "hostile takeover" of the concept "fake news

Jonathan,

Scott Adams goes even further.

Michael

I wish I could find legacy media anti-Trump humor like that video above funny, but it's just so goddam lame on comedy values, I start shaking my foot and fidgeting wondering when something is going to happen. And the more I wait, the more nothing ever goes anywhere. There's no arc, there's no set up and payoff, there's no indirect but obvious unspoken stuff for the audience to get (think Bill Hicks), there's no nothing. Just snark. And snark qua snark isn't funny.

I like anti-Trump stuff when it's funny (see here). I bust a gut, too.

But this unfunny problem with anti-Trumpers goes further. I keep reading articles that pop up and say late night comedians are not funny anymore because they turned into propaganda. Don't search for these articles on Google, though. You won't find any without going through a thousand different keyword variations. (The Google SJW's are in gatekeeper mode.)

The gist of the message in these articles is that late night comedy hosts play to their niche anti-Trump audience, but exclude the majority of the public. They are nothing like Johnny Carson, Dick Cavett (who leaned left but played for the wide audience), and people like that. They used to horse around about universal values with a sporadic political quip. Current late night comics are 90% anti-Trump politics and 10% lame comments about other stuff. What's worse, even their political jokes show degraded mediocrity. When "cockholster" and a decapitated head are the pinnacle of their wit, something is off with their professionalism as comics.

Seeing that President Trump will not last forever, what are these guys going to do in seven years when the object of their material goes away and they are rusty as hell about real comedy? What are they going to do other than be replaced, hopefully, by real comedians?

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

But this unfunny problem with anti-Trumpers goes further. I keep reading articles that pop up and say late night comedians are not funny anymore because they turned into propaganda.

I've seen some of the articles that you're talking about. "Comedians" don't do comedy anymore, they do sanctimony. They're late night sanctimonians.

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The gist of the message in these articles is that late night comedy hosts play to their niche anti-Trump audience, but exclude the majority of the public. They are nothing like Johnny Carson, Dick Cavett (who leaned left but played for the wide audience), and people like that. They used to horse around about universal values with a sporadic political quip. Current late night comics are 90% anti-Trump politics and 10% lame comments about other stuff. What's worse, even their political jokes show degraded mediocrity. When "cockholster" and a decapitated head are the pinnacle of their wit, something is off with their professionalism as comics.

Seeing that President Trump will not last forever, what are these guys going to do in seven years when the object of their material goes away and they are rusty as hell about real comedy? What are they going to do other than be replaced, hopefully, by real comedians?

Michael

The cause of the material not being funny is the fucked up value premises. It's like someone looking down his nose and making fun of people for being foolish enough to like freedom, or an abundance of food, or pleasure rather than pain.

"So, what's up with these paranoid hillbillies who don't want to be taken care of by government and guided on how to live? Have you seen this? Have you heard about this? Yeah, apparently they think they can make better choices for their lives than the smartest, most virtuous people in the world. I'm not making this up. This is a real thing out there. They actually ignorant enough to believe that their lives will be better if they get to keep all their pay rather than letting someone as brilliant as President Obama spend it for them for their own good. They're actually THAT egotistical and delusional. 'I want muh freed'm! Even tho I ain't got no book larnin', I reckin I kin cojeetait better'n that Mister 'Bama. Duh! Uh. Duh!"

Just doesn't work.