Free Will Exists & the Soul/Body Dichotomy & the Morality of the Ego

atlashead

The soul/body dichotomy, that u never will know whether the afterlife, god, free will, exist but the act of telling yourself in the silent sanctuary of your mind and the effort of telling yourself that u don't know-that u know you will never know- is the act of integrity of the ego's free will.

-Robert Clinton Soley

7 hours ago, atlashead said:

The soul/body dichotomy, that u never will know whether the afterlife, god, free will, exist but the act of telling yourself in the silent sanctuary of your mind and the effort of telling yourself that u don't know-that u know you will never know- is the act of integrity of the ego's free will.

-Robert Clinton Soley

That feeling can't be  and should not be totally denied.  The only thing we can say is the notion of god promoted by the major religions   is a cartoon,  not to be taken or believed in absolutely.   We don't live long enough  to determine by observation that the universe is a well designed entity,  but the manifest order we do observe might not be a transient coincidence.   It is a sign of our intelligence that we are in a state of suspense and not quite certain about what we think we do know.   Is it a mystery?  Or is it a  problem (to be solved logically)?

I am an Old Guy now (over 80 years old and still in good health physically and mentally).  When I was a Younger Guy I was so sure of many things that I am not so sure of now.  Am I going senile?  Or am I  getting in tune  with the Deep Stuff of the Universe?  I don't know.  All I know for sure is that I end my sentences with question marks more frequently these days,  than I used to.