Stealing moral if starving?

mpp

17 minutes ago, wolfdevoon said:

Uh huh. So, the measure of a man is his bank balance.

barack bummed.jpg    Barack Obama Net Worth: $12.2 Million

Of course it isn't, Wolf.

I only said that people who do what's right aren't begging for bread. You obviously don't agree and that's fine with me. For you're the one who is getting the results of your moral choices in your own life... just as I am for mine. The playing field is perfectly level and the game is perfectly fair.

And if you feel it isn't fair, don't blame the game.  

Blame yourself for playing by the wrong rules.

Greg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, anthony said:

Who could have thought Great Britain would eventually become a close ally of the US directly after the American Revolution? ...

The attempt to assassinate Truman was one in a string of enemy-like acts of Zionists from 1947 to the present day. Click the link at the upper left of the Truman article to see some others.

I want to thank Greg for speaking on this thread, because an idea has occurred to me -- which is: Who do I admire, perhaps envy? I've often said to friends that I wished I was taller and had a bigger brain. Those attributes are easy to wish for. There's a member of Objectivist Living who I admire for his courage, and another for his gentle good cheer, but I wouldn't trade lives with them. Branden was full of pride when I met him, but slightly absurd. His arm was in a cast from a disco roller boogie mishap.

I racked my brain to recall a childhood friend or family member I envied, but nothing happened. Later in life as an explorer (so to speak) there were colleagues who had talents and personalities I admired. Mentors were profoundly gifted -- and, yes, I would have gladly admitted that they were far better men than I. One was knocked down by stroke. Two died from cancer in midlife, spectacular lives snuffed out in their prime. Others not of my acquaintance, except by reading, died young or were driven mad by the pressure of profound, unborrowed literary genius. I admit it freely to anyone who cares. As a writer, I can't touch the hem of Fitzgerald's skirt -- but, oh my God, what a price he paid for it, dead at 44, unable to produce anything but random sparks in his last decade. I out-lived John Lennon, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix.

There were tall, strong, bold men like Fred Williamson, and charming, handsome goofs like Mel Gibson; dignified, gracious, successful film producers by the dozen -- but all of them were caught in a sticky web not of their own making. Perhaps Al Ruddy was an exception. Yes. I envied him. Okay, that's one man whose life shamed mine. I felt Insignificant in his company. We both failed, and Atlas Shrugged went to a vacuum cleaner salesman, aided by a B-list horror slut.

Sigh. I out-lived the great and did no worse than the good. There is a very slim volume, fresh from the press, a proof copy sitting on the counter. It is not a work of genius, but I loved it from first word to last, grateful to have achieved something uniquely mine. Being taller or stronger would not have done it. As much as I adore Jimmy Page, he could not have done it. Celebrated or shunned, it's wonderful and I lived to achieve it.

5 hours ago, wolfdevoon said:

Best seller?

--Brant

10 hours ago, anthony said:

Who could have thought Great Britain would eventually become a close ally of the US directly after the American Revolution?

... or Germany? ...or Japan for that matter?

America enjoys a history of making friends out of enemies, and I believe that it is due to a quality unique to the design and origin of this nation.

Greg

9 hours ago, moralist said:

Yes, Brant I know exactly what I'm doing.  Do you? :lol:

First you complain about defective and circular reasoning. When acting on sound moral principles actually produce objective results in a person's life, the reasoning supporting them is totally irrelevant.

Then you argue that doing what's right is complicated. Brant, you couldn't be more wrong. Doing what's morally right is always simple. Things are only complicated when you're doing what's wrong while trying to intellectually convince yourself that it's right. Now that's complicated! :lol:

Then you pimp debt. Fine, Brant. Go live in debt. I couldn't care less. The majority of people are just like you. 80% in the people in the US live in debt. The US has a debt driven economy. That's why it's subject to periodic bursting bubbles. The next one to burst will be student loans which have ballooned to a staggering $1,600,000,000,000. A whopping 25% of that is already in default.

But this means that 20% of the people in the US are just like me and have no debt. Both they and I are immune to economic catastrophies because we operate on sound principles.

I enjoy listening to AM radio while I'm working, and there is a guy who has his own radio show named Dave Ramsey who is an extremely successful financially independent American Conservative Christian private sector Capitalist businessman who has NO debt. You ought to listen to him (even though I know you won't). You might just learn something about how living by specific moral principles produces wealth beyond your wildest dreams. America was uniquely designed as a exceptional nation in accordance with higher moral law, which produces abundance for anyone who chooses to live by its principles...

... and with a net worth of seven figures and not one penny of debt I too enjoy that abundance. nodder.gif

Greg

Like I said.

You do okay by not bumping into things. You seem to know how to avoid that. That's a lot.

--Brant

that's that

14 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Like I said.

You do okay by not bumping into things. You seem to know how to avoid that. That's a lot.

--Brant

that's that

Yes, Brant... it's the practical value of negative reasoning. And I do better than just ok because I look for the pits and avoid them so as to consistently climb a steadily ascending path. One pit of loss can wipe out years of gain, so they are to be avoided at all costs.

I also observe the pits others fall into and simply don't do the stupid things they do.

Greg

13 hours ago, moralist said:

... or Germany? ...or Japan for that matter?

America enjoys a history of making friends out of enemies, and I believe that it is due to a quality unique to the design and origin of this nation.

Greg

Traditional American realism and individualism mostly explains this, from there comes benevolence. That was then, this is now; They were they, you are you. A is not non-A.

In sharp contrast - subjectivity and collectivism, (e.g. your ancestors of x race/nationality "did something" against MY ancestors of y race/nationality - which completely dominates my view and treatment of you now), from which comes everything but benevolence. It is a primitive, genuinely "racist" blood-creed, incompatible with individual free will and a person's chosen character, and not only seen enacted by (e.g.) Palestinian Arabs - as I've bemoaned - but in many other places. I'd often heard of a similar old tribal stigma held by many Scots against a particular, nefarious Scottish 'clan', right up to modern times...;) In the final analysis too, it is not nations or races who "do" anything, it is individuals.  

5 hours ago, anthony said:

Traditional American realism and individualism mostly explains this, from there comes benevolence.  

Yes. It's simple selfish individualistic self interest.

It is in my own personal best interest to be good to others by improving the quality of their lives, because that makes them better people who also seek to better the lives of others. When you genuinely serve to further the self interests of others, it makes them happy, and happy people happily throw money at you. nodder.gif

American Capitalism is ONLY honest ethical fair WIN/WIN business transactions.

All of the negative things STUPID people try to blame on Capitalism AREN'T actually Capitalism at all.

American Capitalism is the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth, because it is people loving one another as God loves them.

Greg

“moralist”:  You might have missed the point of Anthony’s remark.  Just as England (not the UK, which didn’t exist at the time), after having been America’s enemy in 1776, later became an ally, so Israel, after the Zionists tried to assassinate the U.S president, later became an ally.  I replied that, on the contrary, Israel has always been an enemy.

You wrote: “Whoever blesses the Jews will be blessed, and whoever curses the Jews will be cursed.”  If that includes the Jews who run Israel, I’m going to Hell, LOL.

7 hours ago, Mark said:

“moralist”:  You might have missed the point of Anthony’s remark.  Just as England (not the UK, which didn’t exist at the time), after having been America’s enemy in 1776, later became an ally, so Israel, after the Zionists tried to assassinate the U.S president, later became an ally.  I replied that, on the contrary, Israel has always been an enemy.

You wrote: “Whoever blesses the Jews will be blessed, and whoever curses the Jews will be cursed.”  If that includes the Jews who run Israel, I’m going to Hell, LOL.

Sorry, Mark... I don't do neonazi jewhate. However, it's fine with me if you want to blame jews for your own failure. We each live in completely different worlds and yours has nothing to do with mine.

Greg

5 hours ago, moralist said:

American Capitalism is the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth, because it is people loving one another as God loves them.

You keep saying things that are certifiably nuts. Capitalism is retained earnings invested in plant and equipment (capital goods).

Has zip to do with God or loving anyone.

3 hours ago, moralist said:

Sorry, Mike... I don't do neonazi jewhate.

A man criticizes Israel therefore he’s a neo-nazi?  And a failure.  And he holds “the jews” responsible for his failure?   Quite a lot of deduction there, and the reasoning behind it there is none.

Yes, we must live in completely different worlds, LOL.  

It’s people like you who make Christianity look bad.  You can have the last word on this.  It's a waste of time writing the obvious in reply.

19 hours ago, Mark said:

You wrote in that article: "We get hit twice, first from Israel, then from Israel's enemies".

Curious remark. Don't you - and we all - have the same enemies?

Some things you should know and consider.

Israel is out for itself. As top priority, it openly has been from the start, and it will not last another year if not. Therefore, it's best not to hold any warm and fuzzy feelings about its intent and loyalties. All in the nation know that only one misstep and the Jew's safe haven will disappear and many Jews with it. (As some seem to find palatable).Truman's remark ("selfish, selfish Jews") was exactly correct, but he wouldn't think it a compliment as I do.

Second. You don't know and we will be never privy to, the quantity of silent assistance and co-operation which the USA regularly receives from Israel, specifically in Intel about Islamic states and potential dangers. Israel, a past master at placing agents and top level informants within its neighboring nations has chosen not to make anything of this public (and rightly, nor has the US) obviously in order to protect those sources; also it has had to sustain a very delicate balance of power with threats from surrounding Arab countries and from terror gangs like ISIS to know when to pre-emptively attack and (mostly) when to hold back. So, in ways few will find out, Israel is the de facto front line military and intelligence state for the US.

Third, the Muslim disinformation campaign of a hugely rich and sophisticated apparatus within America and Europe is clearly gaining ground. (Your comment bears that out).

Americans must have become familiar with the meme of Big Satan and Small Satan. With Israel supposedly dependent on the US ( Islamist enemies know the US to be also reliant on Israeli information and covert help)--working off that, the Islamist strategy to bring down Israel goes like this: "together, they are strong, so let us now turn one against the other, the naive Left will do the rest for us politically, and we will divide and conquer (Israel)". Fearful Left-liberals are quite evidently anguishing about their country's relationship with Small Satan, which in their false causal narrative and childish moralizing, has been responsible for the heat that Jihadis have brought to the US. Their solution? Appease and apologize. Cut Israel loose, denigrate our Jews (who are conveniently the weakest and most pacifist targets)...and then the enemies will accept us and leave us untouched in future. Liberals cannot absorb the truth, which is that the USA will continue, any which way, to be hated and feared by Islamists whatever it does - for what the country IS: The bastion of freedom it represents. And Israel is not 'the cause', nor are the Jews.

After all that, I'm not as jingoistic in promoting Israel's closer tie to America as Messrs. Journo, Ghate and Brook at ARI have been. With and even without America's moral support and an alliance, though, I believe it must survive. Much better with.

6 minutes ago, anthony said:

assistance and co-operation which the USA regularly receives from Israel... Israel is the de facto front line state for the US.

Total rubbish. All we get from Israel is intel lies, like yellowcake fraud, WMD fraud that gave Cheney an excuse to depose Saddam, occupy Iraq.

2 hours ago, wolfdevoon said:

You keep saying things that are certifiably nuts. Capitalism is retained earnings invested in plant and equipment (capital goods).

Has zip to do with God or loving anyone.

So... how's your definition of Capitalism working out in your own life, Wolf?

My certifiably nuts version of helping others to make their lives better works great in mine. It's ironic how people who are the worst failures at being a Capitalist can actually entertain the fantasy that they know so much about it. The reality is that you don't know squat about the moral principles which are the foundation of American Capitalism.

If you did, you wouldn't have...

$15,000 credit card balances, no job, no book sales.

Greg

2 hours ago, Mark said:

A man criticizes Israel therefore he’s a neo-nazi? 

The way you damn them... yes, you are.

Jewhaters are just losers who believe the lie that the Jews are responsible for their own failure. You've only got yourself to blame for poisoning your life with your own toxic attitude.

Good. You deserve to choke on your own hate.

Greg

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

On second thought, I’ll let Aristotle try having the last word:

“Justice consists in loving and hating aright.”

Your own hatred of what's right has made you a failure.

Greg

54 minutes ago, moralist said:

the lie that the Jews are responsible

Irving Kristol, Norman Podhoretz, Paul Wolfowitz, Doug Feith, Richard Perle, William Kristol, John Podhoretz, Leo Strauss, Robert Kaplan, Elliott Abrams, Eliot Cohen, "Scooter" Libby, Victoria Nuland, Robert Kagan, Michael Ledeen, Mark Levin, Jonah Goldberg, Charles Krauthammer, Nathan Glazer, Jennifer Rubin, Max Boot, Jonathan S. Tobin, and the Jewish editors and reporters of The New York Times, The Washington Post, and all four TV networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS)

First they converted an ignorant, inexperienced president to their pro-Israel, hawkish worldview. Then 9/11 allowed them to claim Iraq threatened the U.S. http://www.salon.com/2003/04/09/neocons_4/

Don't be such a sap, Greg. Total US aid to Israel $233 billion

24 minutes ago, wolfdevoon said:

Irving Kristol, Norman Podhoretz, Paul Wolfowitz, Doug Feith, Richard Perle, William Kristol, John Podhoretz, Leo Strauss, Robert Kaplan, Elliott Abrams, Eliot Cohen, "Scooter" Libby, Victoria Nuland, Robert Kagan, Michael Ledeen, Mark Levin, Jonah Goldberg, Charles Krauthammer, Nathan Glazer, Jennifer Rubin, Max Boot, Jonathan S. Tobin, and the Jewish editors and reporters of The New York Times, The Washington Post, and all four TV networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS)

That sounds like the guest list for a neo-conservative pep rally.

10 hours ago, wolfdevoon said:

Total rubbish. All we get from Israel is intel lies, like yellowcake fraud, WMD fraud that gave Cheney an excuse to depose Saddam, occupy Iraq.

"All"? 

You must be ranked very high in the CIA to know "all" that Israeli Intelligence has shared with the US in the past 70 years, Wolf.

(shakes head, flabbergasted) How we became the guarantors of "peace" in the Persian Gulf, Africa, Asia Minor boggles the mind.

I don't want to quarrel with you, Tony. Believe what you will.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-07/who-does-america-believe-84000-votes-later-here-answer

... and there are bigger problems than looting the U.S. Treasury and the wealth of our posterity

It's hard to classify this book. It's a novel about a detective, but it's not a detective novel. It's a story about a romance, but it's not a romance novel. There's murder but it's not a thriller. (Cass McMain)

I'd rob the grave of Stanley Kubrick and all the tungsten in Fort Knox if it could help me explain what genre my novel is!

5 hours ago, wolfdevoon said:

Don't be such a sap, Greg. Total US aid to Israel $233 billion

Oops... your Marxist loser benefits envy is showing, Wolf! lol-1.gif 

Both you and Mark demonstrate the direct connection between personal failure and jewhate. Failures always need some external conspiracy to blame (unjustly accuse) for their lack of success in life.

In my opinion, the US should help Israel even more. I'm glad Trump is going to be the next President because he will strengthen the bond with Israel that Obongo tried to break. 

Israel is a free Democracy which shares America's Judeo/Christian values. Israel is America's friend. Israel obviously isn't your friend because you live by different values... and the values you live by gaurantee your failure.

Greg