November 8 2016 -- Live electon results ...and reactions

william.scherk

I wonder who is watching/listening to what media -- in order to absorb the numbers tabulated as the night goes on. I have been using the CNN page http://www.cnn.com/election/results.

But I am watching the live feed screen on a computer for Fox, which has decent (if speedy) chyrons running under the main action. CNN just has too much freaking yapping. Over at Infowars, there is some alarm and angst, which I don't get. I am just about to call a new state for Trump (on the live text thing underneath my post). The next state I am going to call is probably going to be Virginia. Not quite yet, but it is looking good for Mr Trump, even if there might be a swing and swing and swing here and there.  

Infowars just said to watch the swings, and keep an eye on counties. But I don't really know exactly where to start. I think I will start with Virginia ... and find the 'official' results page on the 'official' state department. If the freaking election costs two billion dollars, surely Virginia will have a live-thing like CNN does, only with counties.

-- the live texting barrage below is what I told myself to do Election Night. I want to trace my output late, see when I called one place or another. If anyone else shows up there, great, but no biggy. I bet almost every OLer is excitedly (with a cardiac emotion) watching the results come in with family and friends, or in a saloon.

But on the off-chance an OLer comes across this post tonight and wants to excoriate me for my presumption or whatever, you can just type in the text-box. I have turned off the feature gives you a choice to 'claim' a name.

See you in the morning otherwise!

Here is my last reckoning.

2.png

My final reckoning.   Take it or leave it.

11.png

It was a fun ride. I will go have hot beverage and watch Big Bang Theory until slumbers. I don't understand what is the problem with the networks calling it down. 

Can you not imagine the feelings of dread among "certain people"?

Tomorrow I will retrospect in the Why Did Donald Trump Lose blog thread. Or maybe just erase it all, even though I came around to a Trump bet a week ago.

Nope, I will be a man and eat crow.

12.png

16 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

I hereby absolve you of all crow-related burdens.

Go and sin no more, my son...

:)

Michael

No, no, no Michael...serve that crow cold. --J

I posted a "concession letter" in another forum. 

Congratulations.  You had hope  (and faith).  I did not.  I voted for Trump out of anger and spite.  In a way I won too,  but  you have earned the right to joy. 

We have been given a wonderful chance.  Now we shall see whether we can save the United States of America.