The is no Objectve NOW.

BaalChatzaf

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Good stuff, thanks, Brant.

I can't do any of that. I have none of those skills and nowhere near the strength. I would crumble on those returns to ground, his leg strength is off the charts. I do long, smooth elegant wheelies. That's as close as I come to what's presented in the video.

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

Your Ruckus is awesome. With all the mods, no one else has your scoot. The exhaust is a work of art. If you can, I'd love to hear even just a few seconds of it.

Sure, no problem... I'll make a video of the sound. :)

There's a well trodden path of basic Ruckus engine mods that almost every owner does in order to make them "faster" ( if you could even use that term :wink: ) Stock, they're really slow accelerating and the top speed is governed way down. I believe it's to comply with safety regulations needed for them to qualify as street legal vehicles.

This link...

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/index.php?sid=d53ad6a43285bcd7869e8f8d15815cc0

...is a forum where you can see for yourself how many different directions paople take them. The Honda Ruckus has a fiercely loyal cult following all over the world. Outside the US they're called Zoomers. It is one of the most widely and wildly modified vehicles in existence. The sheer volume and variety of Ruckus/Zoomer aftermarket accessory parts is absolutely blinding. The Ruckus is a whole world within itself, and the experience of riding one is totally different from any other bike.

My little Ruck is nothing. I simply made a useful utility service vehicle out of it. You should see what other guys do to theirs.  Here's just a few examples...

00e2f50b4f0c7bb9a07f4f9a01ca7178.jpg

scooter-by-jiangwayne-com-zoomer-ruckus-

Honda-Zoomer-Cafe-Racer-14.jpg

honda-ruckus-custom-frame-wallpaper-8.jp

16 minutes ago, moralist said:

There's a well trodden path of basic Ruckus engine mods that almost every owner does in order to make them "faster" ( if you could even use that term :wink: ) Stock, they're really slow accelerating and the top speed is governed way down. I believe it's to comply with safety regulations needed for them to qualify as street legal vehicles. totalruckus.com is a forum where you can see for yourself how many different directions paople take them. The Honda Ruckus has a loyal cult following all over the world. Outside the US they're called Zoomers. It is one of the most wildly modified vehicles in existence.

A few examples...

00e2f50b4f0c7bb9a07f4f9a01ca7178.jpg

scooter-by-jiangwayne-com-zoomer-ruckus-

honda-ruckus-custom-frame-wallpaper-8.jp

And it's Honda, so it wouldn't give me cooties.

2 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Good stuff, thanks, Brant.

I can't do any of that. I have none of those skills and nowhere near the strength. I would crumble on those returns to ground, his leg strength is off the charts. I do long, smooth elegant wheelies. That's as close as I come to what's presented in the video.

You--and me--and 7 billion other people.

I posted this vid on SLOP a while back. (Years?) I called it a "great work of art." Michael Newberry immediately appeared on the scene and made light of my pretension. But never mind great or not great, you have to take it as a whole not the parts and pieces, not even the fabulous bike riding.

--Brant

+38 million views

18 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

You--and me--and 7 billion other people.

I posted this vid on SLOP a while back. (Years?) I called it a "great work of art." Michael Newberry immediately appeared on the scene and made light of my pretension. But never mind great or not great, you have to take it as a whole not the parts and pieces, not even the fabulous bike riding.

--Brant

+38 million views

I think it is a great work of art. Beautiful scenes. And very fancy capture techniques. It would not be nearly so engaging if the cameramen had just stood there shooting.

The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, the “Race to the Clouds” is among the oldest racing traditions in America. This year was the 100th annual running. Since I have already shared a picture atop America’s Mountain, my first video share is about climbing Pikes that June day this past summer.

In the video we will travel from the Start line, at about 9,400 feet altitude to the brake check station at Glen Cove, at about 11,400 feet.

This video was my first run ever up Pikes. I had never been there before. Throughout May I watched a few hours of autos and motorcycles racing up, that was my prep. 

I recorded this either one or two weeks, I forget, prior to the official running. The professional racers practice Saturday morning then open the road to the public at 8:30am. I was stunned to learn this scheduling tidbit one Friday evening. I went to bed immediately and got up early and rode away on the INTERCEPTOR while it was still dark out. They left the white-plastic-covered hay bales beside the road, so my video even has this lovely detail in common with all the raceday videos.

Like I said in an earlier post, we riders can see farther ahead than how it seems on our videos. All the passes I make are safe, generous margins are left. No one is coming down the hill, nor could someone, in time to cause me trouble. I’m only pushing like 60-80% the whole way up. The speed limit is 20mph on the whole hill, and no passing is allowed anywhere. But that’s a limit based on people visiting from Flatland - people who are not accustomed to and don’t execute well on inclines. If only Coloradans were allowed here, the limit would be 30mph. Anyway, I’m going 50 and 75mph, 20-25mph in the tight switchback turns.

The first pass, a truck, turned out to be federal, Interior, National Forest, something. He told on me. I also go past a parked firetruck who may have made calls. I made a double pass right in front of him. I get stopped at the Brake Check by flashing lights I know are for me. Then the water truck…I’ll let you see.

I don’t get tickets, it is one of my Mysterious Abilities. The armed fellas with the red and blue lights didn’t really engage me aside from telling me not to go anywhere and to wait for someone, who was on their way. The guy who finally showed up was a gearhead wearing motorsports t-shirt and cap with sponsors on them(?) It seemed that the race organizers are tasked with cleaning up shit like me themselves, perhaps by agreement with the real cops (?)

Niceties, and exchange of names, and then I spoke first. You have to. I made clear I understood how badly I had acted. “I scared people and damaged the image of the race.” That’s when he said many units called about me and he asked if I was a racer, maybe got confused about the schedule. (What a compliment! And it explained why I still wasn’t under the red and blue flashing lights, cuffed.) But I knew this was no path to escape, because team affiliation and other questions would follow and cause certain backfire and full penalties. Would I ever get to see the video I had just shot, or would it be confiscated? Would they destroy my bike with barbarian towing methods? Would I be in front of a judge in a couple hours? Would I be in a Colorado Springs jail tonight, or my own bed?

I said, “No, I’m just an enthusiast. Just an idiot on a motorcycle making the public fear the Hill Climb, contributing to the idea that it brings in dangerous nuts, like me. I put the very future of our beloved race in jeopardy, I should have thought about that part.”

He said, “Well, Jon, I think you’ve said it all. Now what?”

I said that I really wanted to go to the top. I wanted to go to the top and buy souvenirs and take pics and then go directly down the hill and out of his jurisdiction, back home, all at posted speed limits.

He reached out his hand saying, “We have a deal.”

Enjoy…

This is me coming back from town with materials in the plastic crate riding the canyon back home. (just a cheap camera taped onto the bike.)

The other guy is on a 100 hp Ducati hypermotard. Mine is only one cylinder 35 hp. (lol). Because of the exhaust design there's no other Suzuki 400 engine that runs or sounds like it.

A few photos. I delivered papers in '68 on a Rupp 5hp mini bike. The throttle broke early and I had to resort to reaching behind me for the govenor with a one handed technique. The importance of adding oil/maintenance was finally realized but only after the piston seized resulting in my sister going over the handlebars and me breaking a collarbone for the first of 2 times that summer. 

The trick is early arrival on weekdays. The whole road is ones own.

Dragon_map

A poser photo. '05 Kaw 2000. I developed a habit of one fingering the front brake from driving in DC grid lock. Yellow lenses are preferable to dark shades. Ive worn full face masks always. 

No automatic alt text available.

The drop dead gorgeous views.

2013 marked the end of workdom and go fast cycling.  Heres the '08 Connie, a detuned Kaw Ninja 1400cc. Very flickable.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, motorcycle and outdoor

A speedo healer captured the top mph moment post ride.

In a moment of truth I bogged down to 0 mph taking an inside hair pin, (direction of car), distracted by an approaching vehicle, and stuck out my foot to save my bacon as the road fell away and I tumbled down breaking tupperware to the tune of $3600. Progressive forgave me the accident. I couldnt. ;) I drove away unscathed notwithstanding a bruised ego.

Prior to it there were cruisers.

Image may contain: motorcycle

Here we go -other good times. Objective NOW  THEN. ;)

'08 Ketchikan Alaska, Mountain Point.

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

One can never be too ready. The eagle snatched his dinner as the moment was frozen forever.

Image may contain: outdoor

As you can see, look no hands, Ma, is a well played mantra.  The fastest Ive ever been (unaided) was dropping out of a perfectly good airplane from 14k' at 120 mph. Orange County, Va, '04

Gauley River, W Virginny by gosh, '99

The Tail of the Dragon looks fantastic, Geoff. Early weekdays is right. That's the secret. I stopped riding summer weekends because it is pure frustration, RVs everywhere. Except sunrise to about 9:30am., that's still doable. Once school is back on the RVs are gone and I get all the mountain roads to myself.

Those are nice bikes. You certainly have her leaned all the way over in the one-finger front brake pic. Bike parts are touching ground. Well done. Beautiful pic.

Those inside hairpins are a bitch. The aggressively rising ones, especially. "Did I really just come to a stop?"

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

I bet Connie is very flickable, indeed. I have been humbled by one or two similar bikes in the mountains. Chase games with strangers. I could get a little closer through twisty sections and outright hairpins, but then they would get farther and farther ahead with every straight section. Modern, big, torquey engines. Then I would go up to lead, and they stayed right on my ass the whole time.

Wow... that's a land yacht, turkeyfoot!

And a testament to how individualistic the motorcycling brotherhood actually is. :)

This is our back yard.

zetas020.jpg

I used to host yearly supermoto canyon to coast rides, but discontinued because the guys got competitive in a group, a few got hurt, and I didn't want to be responsible if anyone died. But all in all they were lots of fun.

Greg

Sebastien Loeb has run up Pikes, in his Peugeot, faster than anyone ever has.

I spectated this year, and we were not allowed to stand beside the road, that's history now. (Who is crazier; me, for going 75mph on this little ribbon of asphalt, or the spectators, facing Sebastien coming at them at triple digits? A dozen will die if he goes off.)

Its good footage, including helicopter views. Referring to the YouTube video time, not his official time, he reaches Glen Cove, the end of my video, at 3:54. (A spectator can be seen crossing the road in front of him, at 0:28. (I wonder why we aren't allowed to stand on the white lines anymore ?.))

The big digit in front  of his steering wheel is the gear he is in. The smaller digits below that are kph. In other videos, you see his kph the whole time and it appears to me he exceeds 200mph, miles per hour, several times. (Edit, that's wrong, I converted all wrong. His max speed is about 150mph. His average speed over the course is 90mph.)

I need to sit down a bit and calculate some stats from my run. Forgiving when traffic slows me, I appear to average  about 55mph.

You know, sometimes I use Sebastien's name while speaking of my Pikes run, and fellow riders have said things like, "Would you finally just fuck off, please? You are not half as fast as Sebastien Loeb." I have previously agreed to that, but it seems I am actually well faster than half as fast as Sebastien, and on my old clunker, no less!

Behold the human capacity for coordinated execution and dismissal of fear...

On December 25, 2016 at 0:20 AM, moralist said:

Ellen, if you can be targeted by your government... you're already under their thumb! :lol:

That's a confession that either you consider yourself under the thumb of the federal government and the California government or that you've been telling some whoppers of lies about where you live and what work you do.

The rest is more erroneous presuming, but it does lead me to wonder what deals you think CEI and Heartland, the organizations I named, were making with the government and what deals you think Andy Watts and Marc Morano, whose websites I named, are making.

Ellen

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:27 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

That's a confession that either you consider yourself under the thumb of the federal government and the California government or that you've been telling some whoppers of lies about where you live and what work you do.

Ellen, people who have a needy dependent child/parent relationship to their government naturally hold the common liberal misconception that others are living under the same ubiquitous government thumb that they are. That misconception arises from their secular religious faith in the primacy of their government of which there is no greater god. Bureaucracy uber alles.

What stupid fools.

This is, of course, not true. For the moral values you live by are what determine your own individual personal experience of how your government treats you. It treats others differently from how it treats you because they live by different moral values than you do. And this is so because your government is accountable to exactly the same higher moral law that you are.

It is one of the little quirks the Founders built into the design of the US government, that it only works as originally designed for the decent Americans who govern themselves. For those who failed to properly govern their own lives... it's their own worst oppressive bureaucratic nightmare. And this is because, by higher moral law, the US government is a duly authorized agent of moral retribution. So you and I are each getting exactly the government we each deserve.

How your government treats you is completely determined by your own need for the employment benefits loans grants education insurance healthcare disability retirement it gives to you. The more you need... the more you are under its thumb.

I've been honest about where I live and what I do. I'm an independent American Capitalist businessman in one of the most liberal Democratic government public service union employee parasite infested states in the nation... yet the government leaves me alone and free to enjoy my life...

...and this is simply because I don't need the government like you do.

Greg

7 hours ago, moralist said:

I've been honest about where I live and what I do. I'm an independent American Capitalist businessman in one of the most liberal Democratic government public service union employee parasite infested states in the nation... yet the government leaves me alone and free to enjoy my life...

So:  You live in California, one of the places most into environmentalist policing anywhere.  You work as an electrician.  Thus you receive income doing a type of work which is highly regulated and is subject to energy policies and restrictions, not just in California but with a vengeance there.  You also do other sorts of regulated work, like engineering septic tanks.  You would be a sitting duck for targeting on environmental charges, whether for real or manufactured infractions, if for some reason a government snoop took an interest in you.

Furthermore, if climate "denialism" were to be made a criminal offense, you would be just as subject to charges as any "denialist" who has received any form or amount of government funding over the course of his or her career.  What would spare you from being targeted would be your insignificance, not your self-assessed financial virtuousness.

---

You don't state (quoting from my post here) "what deals you think CEI and Heartland, the organizations I named, were making with the government and what deals you think Andy Watts and Marc Morano, whose websites I named, are making."  Are you going to say?

Ellen

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:26 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

You live in California, one of the places most into environmentalist policing anywhere.  You work as an electrician.  Thus you receive income doing a type of work which is highly regulated and is subject to energy policies and restrictions, not just in California but with a vengeance there.  You also do other sorts of regulated work, like engineering septic tanks.  You would be a sitting duck for targeting on environmental charges, whether for real or manufactured infractions, if for some reason a government snoop took an interest in you.

Furthermore, if climate "denialism" were to be made a criminal offense, you would be just as subject to charges as any "denialist" who has received any form or amount of government funding over the course of his or her career.  What would spare you from being targeted would be your insignificance, not your self-assessed financial virtuousness.

I not only live and work in California... I own land and built two houses.

Look, Ellen...

...it's perfectly obvious from your totally clueless responses, even though I clearly explained precisely how higher moral law works in regards to your government...  you are never going to understand the moral protection from your government which can be enjoyed through living by American values. You freely chose to feed off of your government, so by higher moral law you're naturally getting exactly the government you deserve. And so am I by the operation of exactly the same moral law.

You'll never understand why I'm free to do whatever I see fit without being a sitting duck. This is because you chose to make yourself a sitting duck by your own parasitic child/parent relationship to your government...and because of that infantile relationship it's impossible for you to ever conceive that others aren't sitting ducks just like you are. You'll never see reality that your government is not god. Your government is not the highest power in America.

I don't worship at the same altar of your government bureaucracy that you do. I worship at Another Altar, and because I do, I don't answer to your government. I answer to What your government answers to. Because my actions are in harmony with higher moral law, your government leaves me alone. For all of your government education, you are totally blind to the most simple of all moral truths.

And what you blindly deny to your own detriment... I see and affirm to my advantage. :)

The clear difference between us is that each of us is relating to that higher moral law in two completely different manners. This difference in behavior produces two completely different sets of consequences in each of our lives.

The only thing we each share is that both of us deserve the government we each are getting right now... and I can assure you that the government I'm getting is completely different from the government you're getting. because we each live by different values.

As to the rest of your comments... I couldn't care less whoever those people are you named or in whatever organizations they might happen to be. They have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my life as an American.

Greg

14 hours ago, moralist said:

The only thing we each share is that both of us deserve the government we each are getting right now... and I can assure you that the government I'm getting is completely different from the government you're getting. because we each live by different values.

Ellen, trying to converse about morality, or one's relationship with government, with the Master of Self-Delusion is like to trying to converse with a blaring fire alarm. That's why I mostly ignore him.

8 hours ago, merjet said:

Ellen, trying to converse about morality, or one's relationship with government, with the Master of Self-Delusion is like to trying to converse with a blaring fire alarm. That's why I mostly ignore him.

I enjoy the results of my own life as proof of the validity of my "self delusion". Ellen's own words reveal her child/parent relationship to the government she deserves. You're also getting exactly the government you deserve, just like me and everyone else here is getting.

No one is above moral law. Everyone answers to it... including your government... and that's why you deserve what you're getting.

Greg

On 16/12/2016 at 11:55 PM, moralist said:

Generally of course it isn't,Tony. I was speaking of Bob's personal situation of needing the government for which he has expressed so much hatred. There is always a connection between hate and need, and Bob's an example of that principle.

Greg

On the principle that there is always a connection between hate and need:

It has been said that God hates sin. Should I infer from that that God needs sin?