Conspiracy theories and Conspiracy theorists

17 hours ago, Peter said:

Is there anything fundamentally wrong with improving the human race? Or is it too dangerous?

Peter,

The problem is who would do the improving?

You said you want to wipe out belief sections of the human brain. But whose belief? Your belief in Rand's ideas? Your belief that life is worth living? Your belief that Peter is one of the good guys? :) 

Every time improving the human race as a collective by imposition (whether overt by power or covert by widespread hidden elements in food, air, water, etc., or by widespread hidden communication manipulation) has been attempted, weird things and disasters in lieu of large-scale human improvements have happened. Sometimes some improvement occurs, but there often is a hell of a lot of collateral damage. Meaning some humans end up more worthy of being "improved on" than others. And guess who gets to decide such human worth? The individual who becomes collateral damage? Hell no. Not even the new supposedly improved humans.

The improver technocrats get to decide. And that offers an interesting life-style.

In other words, if that ever becomes the norm, you better learn how to kiss the asses of the technocrats to get by, and kiss their asses with a smile, too. :) That is, if you care about what they will do to your kids, grandkids and on down.

The best way for human improvement is still innovation at the individual level--for individuals. Let each individual use the mind he or she was born with as each individual sees fit. Let all individuals discover and produce what they will by their own free will, reap the rewards of their benefits to humankind and suffer the consequences for any damage they do. By what standards? By standards agreed to by everyone, not just the standards adopted by technocrats. Since each person tends to value their own ass over that of others, this produces an automatic check and balance on sudden changes in the human race as a whole. Something that improves one at the expense of the other will suffer pushback, so improvements that are good for all will tend to progress over other changes where only a few cash in.

This moves more slowly, but it also averts a government-empowered technocrat going, "Oops," right before he unleashes an air-borne massively self-replicating human improvement virus he devised that has a slightly delayed side effect of killing everything on the planet.

:) 

Besides, look at evolution and you will see that humans are improving faster than any species. Hell, in a 100 years or so it has come close to doubling human life-extension. From what little I know, that is not found anywhere else in nature.

Michael

Michael wrote: You said you want to wipe out belief sections of the human brain. But whose belief? Your belief in Rand's ideas? Your belief that life is worth living? end quote

I was considering the portion of the brain that “allows” individuals to become “True Believers” who then murder people in the name of Islam. The latest Egyptian massacre was done to Muslims of a slightly different “faith.”  I agree with Donald J. that we should keep the dirty bastards out and allow them to murder each other . . . over there. I hold the people of countries accountable for what they allow their country’s domestic and foreign policies, to do. If the Druid people of Wales were persecuting people I would keep the Welsh out of America. The Muslim influx is worse than when Communist “Reds” were all over the movie industry, contaminating our society with totalitarian thoughts.  

I agree with what you said about tinkering with humanity and who morally should get to decide. But it is being done today in laboratories by curious but morally unaccountable individuals who could just as well be breeding race horses for the Triple Crown. And it is being done by couples who are, in their opinion, selecting the best fertilized embryos to be born. And of course, it is the parents’ right to raise their child as they see fit, as long as no rights are violated.

When people are teens and adults they select products that will make them bigger, faster, smarter, and in some instances euphoric. GNC has built an industry on “supplements.” I was seriously considering “human growth hormones” around the time Hal Holbrook and his wife Dixie Carter from the TV show “Designing Women” started taking them, and if I remember correctly, she attributed a rapid spread of cancer to that “supplement.” I asked my doctor at the time if she would consider taking them, and she said, “Let others be the Guinee Pig.” But golly, it would have been great to look and feel twenty years younger.   

Peter

From Wikipedia: Carter was a registered Republican, who described her political views as libertarian.[4] She was interviewed by Bill O'Reilly along with Pat Boone at the 2000 Republican National Convention. Although her Designing Women character Julia Sugarbaker was known for her liberal political views and subsequent monologues, Carter disagreed with many of her character's left-of-center commentaries and made a deal with the producers that for every speech she had to make with which she disagreed, Julia would get to sing a song in a future episode.[5] Carter once jokingly described herself as "the only Republican in show business".[6] In her lifetime, Carter was also a strong supporter of the gay community.[7][8]

Death and legacy Carter died on April 10, 2010 in Houston, Texas.[9] Her death was announced by her husband, who stated the cause as complications from endometrial cancer which was diagnosed earlier in 2010. Dixie Carter was interred in McLemoresville, Tennessee.

The Dixie Carter Performing Arts and Academic Enrichment Center (informally called "The Dixie") in Huntingdon, Tennessee is named in honor of Carter.

A public service announcement made by Carter in 2003 describing and offering outreach to sufferers of spasmodic torticollis/cervical dystonia began appearing in New York and New Jersey, and then across the United States in 2010.

Michael wrote: Besides, look at evolution and you will see that humans are improving faster than any species. Hell, in about 100 years it has come close to doubling human life-extension. That is not found anywhere else in nature. end quote

That thought is profound. And those improvements were made possible by science and philosophy but also by gene selection in the medicalized countries when parents chose to not allow a defective embryo to be born. In China they attempted the one child per family program which resulted in abortions and more boys being born. And what is in the future?

A TV doctor is now saying NOT flossing your teeth causes inflammation near the brain and a higher incidence of Alzheimer’s disease. I floss every day and more if I eat meat.

Peter  

3 hours ago, Peter said:

And those improvements were made possible by science and philosophy but also by gene selection in the medicalized countries when parents chose to not allow a defective embryo to be born.

Peter,

I disagree. Even defective humans in advanced societies are living longer. Not only that, there are huge advances in overcoming those defects. As one lady noticed about Iceland, abortion did not eliminate Down syndrome from Iceland. It merely killed all those who had it. As she further said, big difference.

Frank Stephens, a defective human, said recently to Congress: “I am a man with Down syndrome and my life is worth living.” (See here.) He also stated:

“Seriously, I don’t feel I should have to justify my existence. Is there really no place for us in the world?” Mr. Stephens, a screen actor and spokesman for people with Down syndrome, told the assembly. “Surely happiness is worth something.”

I attribute this overall success to medicine, nutrition and technology provided to consumers for their choosing in general, not to killing off defective folks when they arise.

I mean, it's far easier and certainly a lot safer to get a gallon of milk in a supermarket than it is to milk a cow and drink from the bucket. I am pretty sure that habit alone accounts for a lot of people not dying from an accidental infection or procreating a defective baby.

Michael

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I was considering the portion of the brain that “allows” individuals to become “True Believers”...

Peter,

Without getting too far into the weeds, this is a popular misconception. There is no such portion of the brain. There are neural networks up the wazoo and human volition.

There are some chemicals that can spoof neurochemical activity (like serotonin uptake inhibitors) and they can alter behavior, maybe even make a person less inclined to stubbornness, but these come with some nasty side-effects for some individuals (like propensity to commit suicide). And, now that long-term effects are coming in, a backlash has been forming against psychotropic abuse.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective), we have to rely on good old persuasion to get true believers to change their minds.

You talked about Islam and I agree with much of what you said.

There is one aspect of this religion that is toxic on a neurological level, but nobody ever talks about it. This is the command to pray 5 times a day. Deep work, deep study, deep practice for acquiring a skill, etc., often require hours of mental submersion. When you interrupt this submersion to pray, you don't just go back and pick up where you left off. It takes an hour or so just to get back into flow. In this sense, Islam reminds me of a short story by Kurt Vonnegut called Harrison Bergeron. :) 

On a neurological level, praying five times a day at specific hours makes it difficult for a person to do the deep work and raise a neural network for a skill to start automating in the cerebellum and myelating to make the skill become second nature. On the other hand, Islamic dogma is repeated so often by this prayer routine that it, instead of other thinking skills, forms strong neural networks becomes second nature. This second-nature dogma becomes the standard of proof, standard of logic, standard of value in general. 

The practice of praying five times a day is one of the main reasons Islamic fanatics are so fanatical. Not the only reason, but one of the main ones. The certainty of the fanatics is neurological and trained to be. Unfortunately, the neural networks cover the brain and even the rest of the body. They are not located in one specific area of the brain.

Michael

On 11/24/2017 at 11:44 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Now I think I know. It's a thing called ElsaGate. (See Wikipedia's article on ElsaGate, too.) People have been complaining to YouTube for several years about pedophile-oriented videos that YouTube was monetizing, yet they have stayed in place garnering millions of view. Now that the mainstream press has started reporting on them, YouTube found a conscience. The ElsaGate videos are animations, stop motion or people in costumes, but involve popular characters (like Disney characters) doing weird things, often involving children. Apparently the income from YouTube monetizing these videos was through the roof.

Here's a quick reasoned discussion of this topic by a guy I like to watch at times.

Michael

59 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here's a quick reasoned discussion of this topic by a guy I like to watch at times.

But some people think the alt media is full of beans, so let's provide some legacy fake news media, too. Say, Fortune:

Major Advertisers Flee YouTube Over Videos Exploiting Children

From the article:

Several major advertisers have said they will suspend advertising campaigns on YouTube after their ads were found displayed with videos that had racked up millions of views by depicting children in threatening or compromising situations. Many of those viewing and commenting on the videos have been described as pedophiles.

. . .

The implication that YouTube has been abetting pedophiles follows a string of revelations of disturbing content hiding in plain site on the Google-owned platform. Google has recently been pushed to remove content promoting extremist views and terrorism, after leaving such content unmonitored for years.

Michael

It's getting uglier. The English mainstream press is noticing. (But I'm also throwing in a little Paul Joseph Watson just for the hell of it. :) )

Tsk tsk tsk...

At the article in PJW's tweet, there is the following notice:

DISTURBING RESULTS

The bizarre search results were first discovered by BuzzFeed, which searched the phrase on multiple devices in an incognito mode – meaning previous searches did not influence results.

The searches revealed that the phrase 'how to have' returned the same results, including 'how to have s*x with your kids', 'how to have s*x kids' and 'how to have s*x in school.'

MailOnline has subsequently tried to search for the phrase, and the disturbing results no longer appear. 

And the following:

YOUTUBE'S REPORTING SYSTEM

- YouTube's system for reporting sexualised comments has not been working correctly for more than a year

- Up to 100,000 predatory accounts leaving indecent comments on videos have been found

- Report identified 28 comments directed at children that were against the site's guidelines 

- Over a period of several weeks, five of the comments were deleted, but no action was taken against the remaining 23 

- BBC contacted the company and provided a full list. All of the predatory accounts were then deleted within 24 hours

Notice it was the English press that did this. The US mainstream press was OK with ignoring it until too late. And YouTube was not only ignoring the alt press's complaints about pedophilia on the platform, it was restricting them more and more.

Finally something broke through from the alt sites.

Now YouTube is owning up (without owning up, of course).

When one decides to serve the political agenda of powerful pedophiles, one runs the risk of pedophilia infecting one's life and undertakings. YouTube is learning that the hard way.

Michael

Drip, drip, drip...

Here's a question Joe did not ask and neither did anyone else I have seen so far.

If these kiddie videos are getting millions and millions of views, who is watching them? If they are being monetized and supplying beaucoup money to Google's advertising platform in addition to the account holders, who is clicking on the ads?

At least Joe asked who is commenting on the videos seeing how really young kids can't write.

This whole thing stinks rotten and the more you look the worse it stinks.

Michael

Here's a connection I'm making, but I don't see anyone else making (yet).

It's well known that Eric Schmidt (one of the chief honchos at the Alphabet-Google complex) hobnobbed with with progressive wing of the ruling class elitists all during the Obama presidency and was even an advisor to Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. Just like everyone else in that mindset, before the election, he was 100% certain she would be president. Thus Alphabet hired butt-loads of Clinton-friendly employees in anticipation of some real comfy times with the US government. Google, YouTube and all other divisions are infested with these young, politically active, elitist employees.

Then Trump happened... I find that immensely satisfying :) , but that's beside the point I'm making here. 

It's becoming painfully obvious right now that the people who have been abusing sex and power for years, including pedophiles, are predominantly Democrats. I would even add, mostly Hillary Clinton-supporting Democrats of the elitist mindset.

YouTube said it's detection mechanism has not been functioning correctly for over a year as a lame excuse for the sheer quantity of child-abuse related YouTube accounts, videos and user comments. Is it any stretch of the imagination to think one (or more) of YouTube's own employees, possibly Democrat, elitist and sex deviant, caused this malfuction so the sex perverts can party?

Just musing...

Considering how bad this got with bazillions of cases, it could have been worse.

Imagine if Clinton had won...

Michael

• 1 month later...

Getting back to traditional conspiracy theories, take a look at the following tweet from Julian Assange:

There you have it, Bilderberg, Council on Foreign Relations and Trilateral Commission all in one whack.

As each day passes, this stuff looks less and less like conspiracy theories and more and more like actual conspiracy.

The elitists own the mainstream press, but outside of owning it, lock, stock and barrel, they have it sewn up through these means, too.

Michael

Where's Waldo? And Fox News? The Fox News logo has a couple of spotlights off to the side. It is not a cynical fox slyly winking, which is the illuminati hidden logo for CBS, ABC, and NBC. Though, CBS's Jeff Glor is still good at 6:30pm weekdays. So far I haven't picked up on too much propaganda through "selection of stories."  

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

There you have it, Bilderberg, Council on Foreign Relations and Trilateral Commission all in one whack.

As each day passes, this stuff looks less and less like conspiracy theories and more and more like actual conspiracy.

THEMatrixPlotofPlots.jpg

On 1/28/2018 at 9:19 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Heh.

Would anybody accuse Victor Davis Hanson of being a conspiracy theorist?

From Conspiracy Theories to Conspiracies
By Victor Davis Hanson

I had no idea he was going to write that when I made my post.

The tin foil hat rebuttal is falling flatter and flatter.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Would anybody accuse Victor Davis Hanson of being a conspiracy theorist?

2018-01-29%2009_52_04-From%20Conspiracy%

2018-01-29%2009_53_04-From%20Conspiracy%

[...]

2018-01-29%2009_53_58-From%20Conspiracy%

The Nunes (& Co.) memo is almost certain to be released to the public.

So here comes a golden Trump dossier showering down on a FISA warrant conspiracy theory for the mainstream press to debunk. They are gearing up, locked and loaded and ready for a golden bear.

And McCabe just resigned or was fired, depending on who you read.

Wonderful timing. :) 

Rosenstein, who appointed Mueller and did not stipulate a crime when doing so, is now in the crosshairs. Seems like he went first in authorizing Trump surveillance (actually extending the Carter Page surveillance) based on the golden dossier.

Man, are people talking...

Conspiracy-wise, I used to think if it looked like a duck, walked like a duck and quacked like a duck, it was a duck.

But my intellectual superiors in the mainstream news look down on folks like me. They say I am too given to fantasy for critical thinking. Besides, I'm not an expert in ducks.

At least I'm not the only imagineer who thinks bias corrupts the legal process, especially in the recent conspiracy (oops) law enforcement activities against President Trump.

Where oh where is my tin foil hat?

EDIT: Incidentally, Rush Limbaugh just asked an interesting question. All anyone had to do around President Trump before was burp and it was leaked to the press. But this FISA court memo has been seen by almost the entire House of Representatives and not one person has leaked it. Not a golden leak. Not a normal leak. Why? That never happens. So why is it different in this case?

Rush's idea is that the memo does not attack President Trump, but instead puts him in a good light.

But that's probably just conspiracy-talk...

:evil: 

Michael

Rush Limbaugh did the major part of a segment on the following video:

Rush's point was you cannot make deals with people like this. Their hatred is so great, they don't realize they are giving negative opinions about President Trump's performance on something that didn't happen yet.

So Rush says you have to defeat leftist folks, not compromise with them. He's probably right.

From the Rush transcript:

RUSH: Anyway, they went out there and asked these students what they thought of Trump’s State of the Union speech. We have two sound bites. Here the first…

FEMALE STUDENT #1: I didn’t watch it because I couldn’t bring myself to watch it.

FEMALE STUDENT #2: Quite racist, at the very least if not up there with most racist.

FEMALE STUDENT #3: (dramatic sigh) I… It’s something that I wouldn’t have expected to happen in, like, our lifetime.

FEMALE STUDENT #4: It is offensive, it — it is crazy, but I’m not shocked by it.

FEMALE STUDENT #5: It’s the behavior of someone who refuses to accept accountability for their failures.

MALE STUDENT #1: The way he acts, you shouldn’t be acting like that if you’re the leader of the country, regardless of what party you’re in. So that — that frustrates me a lot.

FEMALE STUDENT #6: I mean, it doesn’t surprise me that that was the State of the Union address.

FEMALE STUDENT #7: Hopefully everything that he’s outlined can be overturned by the public opinion.

RUSH: Well, now, I’m told that it can cost up to $60,000 a year to go to NYU, including room and board, and Campus Reform found these students to comment on Trump’s State of the Union speech. It hasn't even happened.

What did they say? It’s racist. It was offensive. It’s “the behavior of somebody who refuses to accept accountability for their failures.” “The way he acted, he shouldn't be acting like that if you’re the leader of the free world or the country, regardless of what party you’re in.” “Hopefully, everything he outlined can be overturned by the public opinion.”

He hasn't given the speech yet!

So you tell me: Do you think Trump could go on TV tomorrow night and change the way people think about him by behaving in whatever they claim is the way to do it — civilized, responsible, whatever? Do you think these college kids are gonna change their opinion of Trump? It just isn't gonna happen.

It got even funnier (Phillips is the interviewer):

RUSH: Here’s the next sound bite. Even more students on the Campus Reform video tour of New York University…

PHILLIPS: One of the craziest moments when he started a “build the wall” chant with all the Republicans that were there.

MALE STUDENT #1: Okay.

PHILLIPS: People on social media were accusing him of basically using the State of the Union as a campaign event.

MALE STUDENT #1: Yeah, that’s kind of ridiculous.

MALE STUDENT #2: I think it’s absolutely crazy.

FEMALE STUDENT #8: The fact that, um, he started a chant? He’s big on those.

PHILLIPS: What’s your reaction?

FEMALE STUDENT #6: I think it reveals that he has the temperament of a three-year-old.

RUSH: Okay. So the Campus Reform guy told these kids that Trump started a chant for “build the wall” during the State of the Union speech, and they believed him, and then they commented on it.

“The craziest moment was when he started a build a wall chant with all the Republicans that were there. People on social media were accusing him of basically using the State of the Union as a campaign event.”

That was the Campus Reform guy telling these students what had not happened.

Cabot Phillips is the media director Campus Reform, and he said people on social media were accusing Trump of basically using their State of the Union as a campaign event. “Yeah, that’s kind of ridiculous,” said one student. “Yeah, it’s crazy,” said another.

It didn't happen! So if… (chuckles) I mean, this is built in hate. This is built in prejudice from some of the brightest minds of America’s future, right?

I have a more nuanced view than Rush, though. It's not just hate.

As Rush said, these are $60k a year kids just to be there on campus. And NYU is not easy to get into. So these kids are not stupid. Yet look what they just did.

In Brazil there is a saying I love: If you ever see a turtle in a tree, you can be sure someone put it there.

I repeat, these kids are not stupid, but their mouths went on autopilot when they heard the word "Trump" and they made utter fools out of themselves.

Why?

I say it's because, during their entire lives,  they have been indoctrinated in the education system to follow the lead of the left. That's the only way such an amount of blind hatred can be expressed in such a reasonable tone as these kids used and with such certainty about an event that did not happen. They have been taught to turn off their brains in order to keep the left in political power.

You can't fight what you don't see. And you can't see if you have been taught not to look ever since you were a kid.

Teaching kids not to think is sickening, but that's what has happened.

That's my conspiracy theory.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Rosenstein just now announced that Mueller is indicting some Russians for setting up a VPN and spamming social media (see here).

A VPN is a virtual private network, which sounds technical and complicated and stuff, but every hosting company on earth offers VPN's even in newbie promotions. They are mostly used for anonymous surfing, sending bulk email and so forth.

This is embarrassing. The best and the brightest in US law enforcement spent 2 years and millions and millions of dollars to indict some spammers (alleged spammers) in Russia who will never even be brought to the US to stand trial.

And they even concluded that no Americans were involved. Well... that would have to include President Trump and his people, right? They're Americans. So what the hell is Mueller investigating?

The press is hollering it's head off, though. See? Muh Russians! Muh Russians! The Russians did it! They elected Trump!

Part of the accusation against the Russians is that they staged competing rallies at the same time, for Trump and for Clinton. For God's sake. At least they told people that not everything is as it appears on the Internet. Well duh... :) 

Dayaamm!

This is at a level of amateurishness and incompetence that we actually need a conspiracy theory somewhere just to jazz it up. It can't be as dumb-ass as this.

I bet David Brock is looking at this thing unfold and hoping it's only a brush fire. If anyone doesn't know what this means and wants to know, he's Hillary Clinton's spammer and dirty tricks honcho. See the book The Smear: How Shady Political Operatives and Fake News Control What You See, What You Think, and How You Vote by Sharyl Attkisson for a full explanation and documentation.

Michael

Full text of indictment document from the Special Counsel

15 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is at a level of amateurishness and incompetence that we actually need a conspiracy theory somewhere just to jazz it up. It can't be as dumb-ass as this.