The stink of fear

BaalChatzaf

The MSM  are having the Flop Sweats.  

First they ridiculed the idea of Trump as a candidate.  They thought at most it was an ego-stunt Trump was pulling.

Then Trump was nominated, so  the MSM people dumped on the Republican Party and the stupid voters who put Trump in place in the primaries.  Even so, the folks in the MSM assumed  as a -given-  that Hillary  would be elected.  It was her Destiny.

Now the polls indicate that Hillary might not have such a firm lock in the critical states with significant electoral votes.

They are now in the stage of whistling to themselves as they walk by a graveyard.   There is a Spectre haunting the land.  The Spectre of a Trump win.  The MSM are getting nervous.  In their hearts they no longer believe Hillary is a Sure Thing.  They are beginning to be afraid.  Is that Fear that I am smelling?

22 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Is that Fear that I am smelling?

I would think it always smells a bit funny in New Jersey. But yeah, by my lights an election is a good election when there is fear, excitement, uncertainty, and an outcome that seems utterly distasteful to at least one major party.

However, that an election 'costs' (spends) near four billion dollars, the various media must put forth material.  The intense and volatile coverage of a campaign, I call this Hoopla, and Grand Hoopla in this stretch, in the final turns.  A fearsome amount of TV adverts, talking heads, controversies of the hour, punditry, analysis, opinion, misinformation, rumour panic and so on ...

What does Anticipating Victory smell like, anyway?

40 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

I would think it always smells a bit funny in New Jersey. But yeah, by my lights an election is a good election when there is fear, excitement, uncertainty, and an outcome that seems utterly distasteful to at least one major party.

However, that an election 'costs' (spends) near four billion dollars, the various media must put forth material.  The intense and volatile coverage of a campaign, I call this Hoopla, and Grand Hoopla in this stretch, in the final turns.  A fearsome amount of TV adverts, talking heads, controversies of the hour, punditry, analysis, opinion, misinformation, rumour panic and so on ...

What does Anticipating Victory smell like, anyway?

The sweet smell of success....