Fifteen years to the day...

BaalChatzaf

4 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

You should really study history more.  I will give you recent history.  On Aug 6 and Aug 9  of 1945  nukes were dropped on Japan.  Two weeks later they threw in the towel.  The alternative was to invade Japan with at least one million Americans killed and ten million Japanese killed.   The nuclear mode  was quicker and cost fewer lives.  I think there is a lesson hiding out in the history.

The alternative was no war with Japan in the first place.

--Brant

especially that war

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

The alternative was no war with Japan in the first place.

--Brant

especially that war

Those motherfuckers -started it-. 

6 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Those motherfuckers -started it-. 

So. You got an alligator brain--just like most folk?

We started the war with Japan. It's in the history you think I ought to study more. It was the first oil war.

Regardless, my own alligator brain would have taken me to war with Japan after Pearl Harbor--just like most the rest of the country.

And I'd have been front line. I'm still pissed off at them blowing up the Arizona, now a National Cemetery for 1100 American sailors who only knew they were at war just before they died.

Ironically, if the ships had had warning and sailed many more would have been sunk with most hands or the vital shore installations destroyed. Or both. The Japanese might as well have attacked themselves and surrendered for all the good they did for Japan.

--Brant

15 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

O.K.  Hardly a dent.  What you propose will take centuries to work.  My approach is more brutal but quicker. 

I prefer an approach that will make life safer for my great grandchildren. 

Some years ago Ali Sina wrote an essay predicting that in about 30 years Islam will be dead. He wrote that people are moving away from Islam in droves. I think you should look into the possibility that Ali Sina is correct before you conclude that telling the truth about Islam has little effect.

Your way would be perhaps a bigger act of violence than all previous acts of violence in the entire history of the human species all put together. And it would leave to your grandchildren an irradiated world perhaps unfit to live in. And it would not get rid of Islam.

9 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

So. You got an alligator brain--just like most folk?

And the teeth to match.  I  helped to build weapons of mass destruction for the other alligators.

The most dangerous animal in the world is an alligator who knows mathematics and  thermodynamics. 

• 3 years later...
On 9/11/2016 at 8:36 AM, BaalChatzaf said:

Exactly fifteen years ago to the day and hour,  19  Muslim Jihadis  did  murder most foul in New York,  Pennsylvania and Washington DC.

I modify the words of Cato the Elder:   Islama  delenda  est....     Islam must be destroyed!

Fifteen years!  And I am still rip shit....

George W. Bush after September 11th. Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were in airplanes or in their offices: secretaries, business men and women, military and federal workers, moms and dads, friends and neighbors. Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror. The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge -- huge structures collapsing have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness, and a quiet, unyielding anger. These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong.

A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve. America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining. Today, our nation saw evil -- the very worst of human nature -- and we responded with the best of America. With the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could.

Immediately following the first attack, I implemented our government's emergency response plans. Our military is powerful, and it's prepared. Our emergency teams are working in New York City and Washington D.C. to help with local rescue efforts. Our first priority is to get help to those who have been injured, and to take every precaution to protect our citizens at home and around the world from further attacks. The functions of our government continue without interruption. Federal agencies in Washington which had to be evacuated today are reopening for essential personnel tonight and will be open for business tomorrow. Our financial institutions remain strong, and the American economy will be open for business as well. The search is underway for those who were behind these evil acts. I have directed the full resources of our intelligence and law enforcement communities to find those responsible and to bring them to justice. We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.

I appreciate so very much the members of Congress who have joined me in strongly condemning these attacks. And on behalf of the American people, I thank the many world leaders who have called to offer their condolences and assistance. America and our friends and allies join with all those who want peace and security in the world, and we stand together to win the war against terrorism. Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a Power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for you are with me.

This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world. Thank you. Good night. And God bless America.

Winston Churchill: “We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,

I am glad we have not "needed" an air war against Iran.

From Wikipedia. The Blitz was a German bombing campaign against the United Kingdom in 1940 and 1941, during the Second World War. The term was first used by the British press and is the German word for 'lightning'.The Germans conducted mass air attacks against industrial targets, towns, and cities, beginning with raids on London towards the end of the Battle of Britain in 1940 (a battle for daylight air superiority between the Luftwaffe and the Royal Air Force over the United Kingdom). By September 1940, the Luftwaffe had failed and the German air fleets (Luftflotten) were ordered to attack London, to draw RAF Fighter Command into a battle of annihilation. Adolf Hitler and Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring, commander-in-chief of the Luftwaffe, ordered the new policy on 6 September 1940. From 7 September 1940, London was systematically bombed by the Luftwaffe for 56 of the following 57 days and nights.[7] Most notable was a large daylight attack against London on 15 September. The Luftwaffe gradually decreased daylight operations in favour of night attacks to evade attack by the RAF, and the Blitz became a night bombing campaign after October 1940. The Luftwaffe attacked the main Atlantic sea port of Liverpool in the Liverpool Blitz. The North Sea port of Hull, a convenient and easily found target or secondary target for bombers unable to locate their primary targets, suffered the Hull Blitz. Bristol, Cardiff, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Southampton and Swansea were also bombed, as were the industrial cities of Birmingham, Belfast, Coventry, Glasgow, Manchester and Sheffield. More than 40,000 civilians were killed by Luftwaffe bombing during the war, almost half of them in the capital, where more than a million houses were destroyed or damaged.[1]

Japan. Allied forces conducted many air raids on Japan during World War II, causing extensive destruction to the country's cities and killing between 241,000 and 900,000 people. During the first years of the Pacific War these attacks were limited to the Doolittle Raid in April 1942 and small-scale raids on military positions in the Kuril Islands from mid-1943. Strategic bombing raids began in June 1944 and continued until the end of the war in August 1945. Allied naval and land-based tactical air units also attacked Japan during 1945. The United States military air campaign waged against Japan began in earnest in mid-1944 and intensified during the war's last months. While plans for attacks on Japan had been prepared prior to the Pacific War, these could not begin until the long-range B-29 Superfortress bomber was ready for combat. From June 1944 until January 1945, B-29s stationed in India staged through bases in China to make a series of nine raids on targets in western Japan, but this effort proved ineffective. The strategic bombing campaign was greatly expanded from November 1944 when bases in the Mariana Islands became available as a result of the Mariana Islands Campaign. These attacks initially attempted to target industrial facilities using high-altitude daylight "precision" bombing, which was also largely ineffective. From February 1945, the bombers switched to low-altitude night firebombing against urban areas as much of the manufacturing process was carried out in small workshops and private homes: this approach resulted in large-scale urban damage. Aircraft flying from Allied aircraft carriers and the Ryukyu Islands also frequently struck targets in Japan during 1945 in preparation for the planned invasion of Japan scheduled for October 1945. During early August 1945, the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were struck and mostly destroyed by atomic bombs. Japan's military and civil defenses were unable to stop the Allied attacks. The number of fighter aircraft and anti-aircraft guns assigned to defensive duties in the home islands was inadequate, and most of these aircraft and guns had difficulty reaching the high altitudes at which B-29s often operated. Fuel shortages, inadequate pilot training, and a lack of coordination between units also constrained the effectiveness of the fighter force. Despite the vulnerability of Japanese cities to firebombing attacks, the firefighting services lacked training and equipment, and few air raid shelters were constructed for civilians. As a result, the B-29s were able to inflict severe damage on urban areas while suffering few losses. 

I am glad that there are people telling the truth about Islam. Among them are David Wood, Robert Spencer, Anni Cyrus, Nonie Darwish, Brigitte Gabriel, Ali Sina, Craig Winn, Jamie Glazov, and others.

Islam is not defined by the behavior of Muslims, just as Objectivism is not defined by the behavior of Objectivists. David Wood explains.

On 9/13/2016 at 5:56 AM, BaalChatzaf said:

And the teeth to match.  I  helped to build weapons of mass destruction for the other alligators.

The most dangerous animal in the world is an alligator who knows mathematics and  thermodynamics. 

The most dangerous animal is the young unmarried human male.

--Brant

On 9/12/2016 at 6:16 AM, BaalChatzaf said:

You should really study history more.  I will give you recent history.  On Aug 6 and Aug 9  of 1945  nukes were dropped on Japan.  Two weeks later they threw in the towel.  The alternative was to invade Japan with at least one million Americans killed and ten million Japanese killed.   The nuclear mode  was quicker and cost fewer lives.  I think there is a lesson hiding out in the history.

One million anticipated casualties. Not the same as killed.

--Brant

led by Douglas MacArthur

the purple hearts awarded today were made for that invasion

18 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

One million anticipated casualties. Not the same as killed.

--Brant

led by Douglas MacArthur

the purple hearts awarded today were made for that invasion

We just saw the last episode in the third year of “The Crown.” So, the following seemed of interest. I had no idea America’s Henry Ford was “problematic” about WWII. From below: “. . . .  Yet Ford’s support of the U.S. was problematic. In 1939, he was still doing business with Nazi Germany, which included manufacturing weapons and military equipment.” Peter

But first. It’s a another slow day in paradise. Brad Pitt makes appearance at Jen Aniston's holiday party by Mark Gray. They announced their split nearly 15 years ago, but Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston have since put each other in the friend zone. Over the weekend, the actor reportedly attended Jen's holiday party along with many other A-listers, including Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, Kate Hudson and Danny Fujikawa, Lisa Kudrow and Reese Witherspoon.

Notes. Excerpts from, “How the richest people lived during World War II” by Frances Carruthers 10/2/2019 . . . The royals experienced the same dangers as the rest of the population. In fact, Buckingham Palace was bombed nine times during the war, and twice within three days in September 1940. During the second of these September attacks the King and Queen were actually in the Palace, but managed to escape unharmed. During the war years King George VI struck up a close – if unlikely – friendship with Winston Churchill, the British Prime Minister. They got on so well that the weekly audience between King and Prime Minister soon became informal Tuesday lunches with no staff present. Although sometimes they were interrupted by air raids. The royals experienced the same dangers as the rest of the population. In fact, Buckingham Palace was bombed nine times during the war, and twice within three days in September 1940. During the second of these September attacks the king and queen were actually in the palace, but managed to escape unharmed. During the war years King George VI (pictured right) struck up a close – if unlikely – friendship with Winston Churchill, the British prime minister. They got on so well that the weekly audience between the king and prime minister soon became informal Tuesday lunches with no staff present. Although sometimes they were interrupted by air raids. Meanwhile, the duke and duchess of Beaufort had to give up most of their home to King George VI's mother, Queen Mary, who was the duchess' aunt. She is pictured here in her youth in 1905. Allegedly, she arrived carrying more than 70 pieces of luggage and had 50 members of staff in tow, taking over all but two bedrooms and a sitting room, which were left for the duke and duchess.

The Astors. Nancy and Waldorf Astor, both American expats living in the U.K., got married in 1906. They were gifted the Astor family estate, Cliveden House in Buckinghamshire, which Waldorf’s father William had bought in 1893 for $1.2 million – equivalent to $34 million today. The "Cliveden Set" was the name given to the social group that grew around them, with the house becoming something of a social hub where everyone from Charlie Chaplin to Mahatma Gandhi came to visit. Nancy Astor was Britain’s first female MP to take her seat, serving in Parliament between 1919 and 1945. As a member of the Unionist Party (now the Conservative Party), she gained a reputation for being an outspoken rule-breaker. Both Nancy and Waldorf were against World War II, and their Cliveden set was known for supporting appeasement with Hitler. This led them to often be accused to be fascists, although they denied this. Nancy changed her opinion on the war when the Germans invaded Prague, and despite their reservations they supported local people in her Plymouth constituency during bombings. Nancy stepped down from the Conservative Party in 1945, as a result of her increasingly erratic behavior in Parliament.

The Rockefellers.  As one of the wealthiest and most influential families in North America in the last 200 years, headed up by patriarch John D. Rockefeller I (pictured), the Rockefellers played an integral role in the war. They weren’t keen on becoming involved in the European conflict initially, given that they had business dealings with German firms like IG Farben and close ties with Britain and France. Yet they did want a war with Japan, one of their main rivals for oil and rubber resources in Southeast Asia. Nelson A. Rockefeller, grandson of John D. Rockefeller I, was head of U.S. activities in Latin America, helping to improve its relations with the West and counter the rising Nazi influence. David Rockefeller, Nelson's younger brother, enlisted in the army in 1943, while also assisting with military intelligence in North Africa and France. Pictured is Nelson and David's eldest brother John D. Rockefeller III (left) at Claridge’s in London in 1946, as he pledged to give away $10 million to fund postwar Europe. The Rockefellers also had an interesting link with the U.K. wartime Prime Minister. Searching for a biographer to chronicle their family heritage in the 1930s, they approached Winston Churchill, who was well-known for his writing talent and penned 42 books in his lifetime. Yet Churchill’s request of $250,000 for the task – equivalent to around $4.7 million today – was too steep, so they ultimately got a Columbia University historian to do it instead. 

The Morgans. Like many other powerful American dynasties, the Morgan family had business ties with Germany. Through General Electric, they controlled a large proportion of the German radio and electric industry via AEG and Siemens. What’s more, they had a 30% stake in aircraft manufacturer Focke-Wulf. American cooperation with the Germans was prevalent up until 1941, with large German banks being under the  . . . . Junius Spencer Morgan II and Henry S. Morgan (pictured), grandsons of J. P. Morgan Sr., were both enlisted in the army, working at the intelligence unit Office of Strategic Services (OSS). The financial difficulties of the war were the final death knell for the Jekyll Island Club, the so-called "Millionaire’s Club" which had been slowly declining throughout the 1930s, and of which the Morgans were pivotal members. As for their elaborate homes? The Morgans’ impressive New York 45-room brownstone on Madison Avenue (pictured), which was rebuilt in 1928, was inhabited by the family up until the death of Jack Morgan in 1943. It was then sold to the Lutheran Church in America to serve as its headquarters.

Henry Ford and family. The prolific industrialist Henry Ford was a pacifist, so initially opposed U.S. involvement in World War II. Yet when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, he changed tack, building a new factory in Detroit in 1941 to produce military aircraft. Completed in 1942, the Willow Run factory (pictured) was the largest in the world, with 42,000 workers completing a bomber nearly every hour – utilizing Ford’s famous production line, of course. Yet Ford’s support of the U.S. was problematic. In 1939, he was still doing business with Nazi Germany, which included manufacturing weapons and military equipment. What’s more, Ford-Werke, the German branch of the company, started hiring French prisoners of war to work as slave laborers in 1940, although this halted when the U.S. entered the war a year later. Edsel Ford, Henry and his wife Clara’s only child, was president of the Ford Motor Co. between 1919 and 1943. Managing the Willow Run factory, it’s been alleged that the immense pressure of the job led to his ill health, with Edsel developing stomach cancer and passing away in 1943. His son Henry Ford II (pictured left) was serving in the Navy at this time and so didn't take up the role of president of Ford until 1945. 

J. Paul Getty. J. Paul Getty was known for founding the Getty Oil Company and was named the richest living American in 1957 by Fortune, with a net worth estimated at $1.2 billion – which is $11 billion in today’s money. During the Great Depression of the 1930s, Getty had shrewdly snapped up companies, which helped him to amass this fortune. During the war years, he put his time into an airplane factory in Oklahoma. As well as his reputation for infidelity and extreme stinginess, documents released in 2003 suggest the business magnate had another dark side. He was linked to a shadowy bunch of bankers, who helped to supply the Nazis with fuel in the early years of the war, as well as a fraudster named Serge Rubinstein who helped run his business in London. He was also said to have been involved in a deal supplying Mexican oil to Germany during the war. During the war, Getty was married to singer Louise Dudley Theodora Lynch, known by the nickname Teddy. Yet the couple quickly drifted apart after their marriage in 1939, with Teddy studying in Italy and Getty working obsessively. Teddy was briefly put behind bars while in Italy, after being found by Mussolini’s fascists and accused of being a spy. Getty also

The Rothschilds. The Rothschilds were a Jewish banking family, whose business was founded by Amschel Mayer Rothschild (pictured) in the 1760s. The family had branches in Vienna, Naples, France and England. Philippe de Rothschild, a prominent member of the French branch, was called up to serve in the French Air Force. Yet he was arrested in Algeria, and his citizenship revoked in September 1940, reportedly because he had left France without official permission. He left France for England. When he returned after the war he discovered that, tragically, his estranged wife Élisabeth Pelletier de Chambure had been sent to a concentration camp where she died in 1945. As for the Austrian branch of the family, they had a large collection of art, jewelry and antiques stolen by the Nazis in 1938, when the Third Reich annexed Austria. The items were kept to the west of Vienna, away from military zones, until after the war, when the family begun a lengthy quest to get them back. In the 1990s, after nearly five decades of bargaining with the Austrian government, the items were finally returned. Over in the U.K., Anthony de Rothschild and his wife Yvonne had noticed tensions in Europe as early as the 1930s. In autumn 1933, Yvonne became president of a society which aimed to help German Jewish women and children, while in 1938 Anthony became chair of the Emigration Committee of the Council of the German Jewry. Anthony’s private letters reveal his involvement in helping Jewish refugees with resettlement during the war.

• Like 1

So, that family got the oil, the rubber, and the other families got another privately owned central bank to go with the “Federal” Reserve, another huge industrial society to bleed, all of it. Same for the endless Middle East wars. And we pay with debt and inflation and shame of empire so that they can keep control of it all. None of it is in the national interest. All of it is special interests. And not “the 1%.” that’s 1 in only 100, common.

They are “the 0.001%” the one thousandth of one percent, or 1 in 100,000.

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2016 at 8:46 AM, Brant Gaede said:

The sun must be destroyed! (It causes global warming)

From The Web. Black holes have a ‘movie’ of the entire universe. There are infinite rings of light around a black hole that capture the history of the universe, and scientists are figuring out how to get a better look. end quote

It would be great if we could find evidence of past civilizations. Their history and accomplishments could add to our civilization.

On “Hee Haw”. Saints coach Sean Payton tested positive for coronavirus and he was locked up!.

Goober: Ya know?  I kinda think testing positive for the Corona Beer Virus is kind of like testing positive for HIV or gettin’ charged with bigamy. What did the judge lock up, old Sean for?

Grandpa Jones. He had three wives.

Goober. Why that’s tremendous!

Grandpa Jones. No, that’s trigonometry.