Ferility

atlashead

There was a case where a woman "impregnated herself after oral sex".  I read through the comments & 1 claimed this was actually eventually cleared up-that they had vaginal-penis contact.  I'm wondering if there are any fertility experts who can clear up if it's the case such an oral sex>impregnation situation could occur.  I am wondering, for example sperm banks, when a man donates sperm, does he do it straight into a fluid that keeps it alive, does he do it in a warm/cold room?  Also, does air kill sperm? How effective is spermicide?

sorry, i reloaded the page so it double posted, i don't know how to delete an entire post

Edited by atlashead
spelling error

Your one-stop shop for Donald Trump -- and other puzzlers ...

15 hours ago, atlashead said:

There was a case where a woman "impregnated herself after oral sex".  

Yes, there was.  And the case happened over ten years ago.  And the baby was smart as a whip:

Sperm: The 'gift' that keeps on giving - Health - Sexual health | NBC News

Updated 2/24/2005 2:39:58 PM ET

An appeals court said a man can press a claim for emotional distress after learning a former lover had used his sperm to have a baby. But he can’t claim theft, the ruling said, because the sperm were hers to keep.

The ruling Wednesday by the Illinois Appellate Court sends Dr. Richard O. Phillips’ distress case back to trial court.

Phillips accuses Dr. Sharon Irons of a “calculated, profound personal betrayal” after their affair six years ago, saying she secretly kept semen after they had oral sex, then used it to get pregnant.

He said he didn’t find out about the child for nearly two years, when Irons filed a paternity lawsuit. DNA tests confirmed Phillips was the father, the court papers state.

Phillips was ordered to pay about $800 a month in child support, said Irons’ attorney, Enrico Mirabelli.

I'm wondering if there are any fertility experts who can clear up if it's the case such an oral sex>impregnation situation could occur.  

No, there are no fertility experts here. No Objectivist person is, though most are expert on birth-control, since they have only .01 children on average.

The NBC story should clear up your puzzlement, if you are puzzled.  Sperm, mouth, test-tube, turkey-baster. Boom.

I am wondering, for example sperm banks, when a man donates sperm, does he do it straight into a fluid that keeps it alive, does he do it in a warm/cold room?  

We accept all questions here,, even those that could be answered by independent rational inquiry. For example, 'how does sperm donation work?' -- and 'how does sperm donation work?' and 'how does sperm "saving" work, in cases of artificial insemination?

Whew.

Also, does air kill sperm? How effective is spermicide?

Follow the links and let us know, couldja, wouldja?

Edited by william.scherk

• 1 month later...

I looked it up, not bothering to source it, because none of the sources link to scientific studies, but the consensus is that air doesn't kill sperm.  I did, however, read a reddit that was created by a scientist who looked at his preejaculate opposed to his ejaculate and the preejaculate was dead.  I'm not sure if immaculate conception truly works without the aid of chemicals/conditions, or if this is just propaganda.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2016 at 2:27 PM, william.scherk said:

Your one-stop shop for Donald Trump -- and other puzzlers ...

Yes, there was.  And the case happened over ten years ago.  And the baby was smart as a whip:

Sperm: The 'gift' that keeps on giving - Health - Sexual health | NBC News

Updated 2/24/2005 2:39:58 PM ET

An appeals court said a man can press a claim for emotional distress after learning a former lover had used his sperm to have a baby. But he can’t claim theft, the ruling said, because the sperm were hers to keep.

The ruling Wednesday by the Illinois Appellate Court sends Dr. Richard O. Phillips’ distress case back to trial court.

Phillips accuses Dr. Sharon Irons of a “calculated, profound personal betrayal” after their affair six years ago, saying she secretly kept semen after they had oral sex, then used it to get pregnant.

He said he didn’t find out about the child for nearly two years, when Irons filed a paternity lawsuit. DNA tests confirmed Phillips was the father, the court papers state.

Phillips was ordered to pay about $800 a month in child support, said Irons’ attorney, Enrico Mirabelli.

No, there are no fertility experts here. No Objectivist person is, though most are expert on birth-control, since they have only .01 children on average.

The NBC story should clear up your puzzlement, if you are puzzled.  Sperm, mouth, test-tube, turkey-baster. Boom.

We accept all questions here,, even those that could be answered by independent rational inquiry. For example, 'how does sperm donation work?' -- and 'how does sperm donation work?' and 'how does sperm "saving" work, in cases of artificial insemination?

Whew.

Follow the links and let us know, couldja, wouldja?

poor guy was stuck with the bill for the result of a sperm cell that he did not put in the woman.  A grave injustice!  There are times when the law and the courts are an ass.