Rigging the 2016 Presidential Election

william.scherk

24 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

"Not one election flipped to Republicans" ... if this means in the House of Representatives, this is not quite right. The three above races resulted in a flip from a GOP incumbency to a Democratic candidate.

William,

Are you misunderstanding on purpose?

Or do you really not know what I'm talking about?

I don't mean flipped from Dem to Rep or vice-versa like in a normal election. I mean when it's evident one side had won, then suddenly, out of nowhere, the other side rallies and mysteriously wins.

Come on, man. Work with me a bit here... Work with me, now... At least understand what I'm saying before you go into gotcha mode and get busy busy busy debunking me.

Try to debunk the correct thing, not the false thing. Identify correctly before you evaluate...

You can do it... I believe in you...

:) 

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

Are you misunderstanding on purpose?

Or do you really not know what I'm talking about?

I am getting closer to figuring out which district races you are talking about. I am not there yet.

Nobody here can understand which particular races you have in mind until you make it explicit, perhaps?

Maybe I didn't misunderstand. Maybe we both don't understand. Maybe you are not going to clear it up to anybody's satisfaction, but all I can do is ask a simple question ...

Will you please mention some races that you presume 'flipped' in your preferred meaning of the term? I listed a number of actual races that did indeed 'flip' in one other conventional meaning of the word.

If -- I presume -- you don't mean any of the races I noted, you can make it clear to readers with some precision just where you mean.

(how are you feeling about Mia Love 'flipping' the votes back in her favour after election-night totals suggested the Democrat would win?)

I don't mean flipped from Dem to Rep or vice-versa like in a normal election. I mean when it's evident one side had won, then suddenly, out of nowhere, the other side rallies and mysteriously wins.

My question, again, for emphasis on what we do not know:  "Which races in particular, please?"

Come on, man. Work with me a bit here... Work with me, now... At least understand what I'm saying before you go into gotcha mode and get busy busy busy debunking me.

Try to debunk the correct thing, not the false thing. Identify correctly before you evaluate...

Nothing of what I wrote above was false.  It was basically a roster of seats that changed the winning party in 2018 midterms. The next act in Il Gaccia is up to you, Maestro. You will have some races in mind. I guess you will probably go review your bookmarks and come back with Examples A to at least G.

Then we can get in the weeds. Rooting out rot and corruption, shining a harsh critical light on electoral mysteries or hinkiness or election fraud in county offices supposed.

You can do it... I believe in you...

:) 

That's nice.

Re-reading the main WSS error-bands.

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

And they did it each time doing the same shit as always. Not one election flipped to Republican like that. Only Dems.

"Not one election flipped to Republicans" ... if this means in the House of Representatives, this is not quite right. The three above races resulted in a flip from a GOP incumbency to a Democratic candidate.

Statistical probabilities about just which races?

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

How's that for statistical probability?

It isn't clear if you are making a specific claim about 'flips' ... in any particular place or race.

It still isn't clear. But I believe Michael will come back to diligently refute some point or other I have made. I'm a believer in rational argument and a common ground in calm, deliberate investigation.

Much like Jon Letendre when he isn't in his Doctor Hyde mode.

Edited by william.scherk
Precision. Underlining the one question put three ways ... considering icon/emoji use to punctuate my prose.

• 2 weeks later...

I won't call it fraud, at least not according to the classification scheme suggested in the OT:

On 8/2/2016 at 10:41 AM, william.scherk said:

So, what is the likeliest or most plausible explanation of what happened in the South Carolina 9th Congressional district race?

Previously on 'Excitement' ...

Details, Schmetails ... 

52 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Everyone knows voter fraud is a stupid conspiracy theory.

So, what is the likeliest or most plausible explanation of what happened in the South Carolina 9th Congressional district race? 

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Details, Schmetails ... 

Huh? How would anyone go about gauging  the "most plausible explanation"?

Anyway, so, one person reported that soneone came to her door posing as an official or something and saying that she was collecting absentee ballots, and the idiot handed over the ballot. Perhaps other absentee voters were similarly stupid, and, I don't know, maybe tried to "mail" their ballots via Redbox, or via their toaster's slots, or by putting Sponge Bob stickers on the envelope as postage, etc.

J

From One America News ... details for the hard of reading.

Compare and contrast ...

Spoiler
On 12/2/2018 at 12:42 PM, Jonathan said:

Huh? 

Yeah

On 12/1/2018 at 9:53 AM, william.scherk said:

The best reporting is the local reporting. I give two links, the second of which offers fine-grained analysis.

NC board again declines to certify Mark Harris victory as mail-in ballots questioned

Updated: NC's Closest Congressional Contest Gets a Last Minute Surprise

Huh?

4 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

From One America News ... details for the hard of reading.

Compare and contrast ...

Hide contents

Yeah

Huh?

The Art of The Sassy Smackdown.

The new Russia! Russia! Russia! is a stupid right wing conspiracy theory designed to erode confidence in our elections. Who saw THAT coming?

1 hour ago, Jules Troy said:

So what you are sayin is Billyboy has more class than you? 😈

out of the mouths of , you know, what you call those very young uneducated beings...you know the quote, but under no circumstances  could one call Jan Letendre a babe. 

However , that  charming Billyboy has more class than nearly everyone we know, is indeed wisdom, and worth any amount of baked goods.

6 minutes ago, caroljane said:

out of the mouths of , you know, what you call those very young uneducated beings...you know the quote, but under no circumstances  could one call Jan Letendre a babe. 

However , that  charming Billyboy has more class than nearly everyone we know, is indeed wisdom, and worth any amount of baked goods.

I’m glad we all agree it’s “Billyboy.”

Never any substance from Carol, as usual, despite all that alleged superior education.

Just worthless sass, put downs, superiority rituals.

No wonder she loves Billyboy.

38 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I’m glad we all agree it’s “Billyboy.”

Never any substance from Carol, as usual, despite all that alleged superior education.

Just worthless sass, put downs, superiority rituals.

No wonder she loves Billyboy.

So what do we call you? Bitchbaby?

39 minutes ago, caroljane said:

William is practicing the fine art of bear baiting.

Class has nothing to do with that. It's just clothes.

--Brant

well, maybe the clothes aren't so great; at least he's not naked

1 minute ago, Jon Letendre said:

Why were you so poor?

I was a kid man, my dad worked 2 jobs we were not below the poverty level poor.  There was just a divide at the school I attended between rich kids and “middle/lower” class kids.  I’m just glad my own son never went through the crap I did..

17 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

You’ve said you were teased and bullied.

What was it that they teased you for the most?

I know your question was to Jules, but since it followed on my comment to you, I will chime in and say I was teased and bullied on first entering school, generally for being a newcomer and specifically for my hair. My mother made me wear long curls until I was 9 years old (she was a big Shirley Temple fan. I also had to take tap dancing.) She put them up in pincurls every night and those pins were tight and often hurt! And the other kids played a game called "Milk the Cow" (there were a lot of farm kids ) and pulled my hair. Also it got quite long before she finally would let it be cut. having your hair pulled every recess was truly painful for a whole year although it did teach me endurance. So you see, not only conservatives have suffered wrongfully, through no fault of their own!

3 minutes ago, caroljane said:

I know your question was to Jules, but since it followed on my comment to you, I will chime in and say I was teased and bullied on first entering school, generally for being a newcomer and specifically for my hair. My mother made me wear long curls until I was 9 years old (she was a big Shirley Temple fan. I also had to take tap dancing.) She put them up in pincurls every night and those pins were tight and often hurt! And the other kids played a game called "Milk the Cow" (there were a lot of farm kids ) and pulled my hair. Also it got quite long before she finally would let it be cut. having your hair pulled every recess was truly painful for a whole year although it did teach me endurance. So you see, not only conservatives have suffered wrongfully, through no fault of their own!

“ ... the Cow” is to be emphasized in that putdown of theirs, Carol, in case you missed that back then.

8 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

I was a kid man, my dad worked 2 jobs we were not below the poverty level poor.  There was just a divide at the school I attended between rich kids and “middle/lower” class kids.  I’m just glad my own son never went through the crap I did..

Must have been more, Jules.

We had lots of poor kids, too, not much of a divide, but I suppose that’s felt more by the poor end. Anyway, we had lots of poor kids and there was no inclusion/exclusion based solely on that. There was always some other substantial things that made them consistently the object of harsh treatment. Again, I’m thinking of the examples I can recall, they always earned that treatment, and kept going on and on and on earning it. That’s what I saw.

Anyway, two jobs and still lower income. Sounds like you really beat the GATC odds there, nice going!

22 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

“ ... the Cow” is to be emphasized in that putdown of theirs, Carol, in case you missed that back then.

And you're bilingual too- in both American and British insults! Truly, a Renaissance man of the new order. 

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

Must have been more, Jules.

We had lots of poor kids, too, not much of a divide, but I suppose that’s felt more by the poor end. Anyway, we had lots of poor kids and there was no inclusion/exclusion based solely on that. There was always some other substantial things that made them consistently the object of harsh treatment. Again, I’m thinking of the examples I can recall, they always earned that treatment, and kept going on and on and on earning it. That’s what I saw.

Anyway, two jobs and still lower income. Sounds like you really beat the GATC odds there, nice going!

It mostly went away when I started fighting back.  They mistook my non confrontation as weakness, until I had enough.  Lol word got around that I spanked one of them with my shoe...well no I beat him with my shoe until he cried..a lot.  Thing is they never fought one on one...always 4-6 on one.  So I’d do things like clothesline them while playing soccer.  In a nutshell I got even, and then it stopped.  (well slowed to occasional catcalls etc but good enough.  Ended up going to a different high school than the majority of the others.  Was like starting a brand new life.  High school was awesome.

Sure there were other things.  They hated that I’d finish science tests in half the time and get 98-100% without having to study...