Civil War in Dallas???

BaalChatzaf

5 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

A bullet of mass m  and velocity v   has energy = 1/2 x m x v^2  all of its own.

With all of your liberal government education, you're still an idiot, Bob.

Why don't you know that a bullet is totally powerless to do anything by itself? Why don't you know that It's only an unrealized potential until a human ignites the primer which ignites the powder in the cartridge that moves a bullet?  

You're blind deaf and dumb to the common sense understanding of how the real world works.

And what makes it even worse... you're actually proud of it! :lol:

Greg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, moralist said:

With all of your liberal government education, you're still an idiot, Bob.

Why don't you know that a bullet is totally powerless to do anything by itself? Why don't you know that It's only an unrealized potential until a human ignites the primer which ignites the powder in the cartridge that moves a bullet?  

You're blind deaf and dumb to the common sense understanding of how the real world works.

And what makes it even worse... you're actually proud of it! :lol:

Greg

I have forgotten more about how the Real World works than you ever knew....

The world is physical.  From Top to Bottom.  

And bullets can be ignited other than by human volition.   The next time a fireworks or ammunition factory burns to the ground  you will see and hear a wonderful demonstration. 

8 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Some people shoot.  Some people don't shoot.

You need to email that to Obama. I can see him say it with a shrug and a smile, no one to blame for anything.

Obama requested suggestions as to how the United States can become more united. On its face, it's an absurd request. America is already united in the folly of polite speech. Someone on Twitter might be outspoken, but s/he would be unemployable, anonymized, in trouble at home, and ineligible for office. Many of the impolite are gangbangers, a protected class of innocent children in Obama's victimology. The president's goal is to unite kinder, gentler do-nothin cops with killers, robbers, dope dealers, baby daddies, and Black Power gunmen who are converging on Cleveland.

On the other hand, America is not designed to be united. From the beginning, our country was divided into religious sects who settled separate colonies. One of the achievements of the U.S. constitution happened in Virginia before delegates met in Philadelphia. Jefferson and Madison successfully disestablished their state's tax-supported church and created the American notion of religious liberty, putting all fantasies on an equal footing insulated from secular law, a giant step toward disunity. They punted on slavery, a divisive split of States.

Through the lunacy and heroism of the Civil War we were temporarily united by force, but nothing good ever comes from death. Armies kill people and break things. The genius of our postwar Gilded Age was made possible by immigration, creativity, mining, and easily bribed federal and local placeholders who did nothing. America entered the 20th century divided into upper classes of industrialists and investment bankers that never existed before, newly skilled factory workers, and millions of screwballs who made small fortunes in real estate and retail sales from coast to coast.

We were united again by force in World War II, another costly disaster. Government seized factories, conscripted armies, funded Stalin and pledged U.S. protection of Europe and Asia. The genius of our Greatest Generation had nothing to do with war. They invented franchise hamburger restaurants, NFL football, credit cards, new car factory finance, TV ads, and vinyl LP records. Tens of millions made small fortunes in postwar real estate and retail sales.

The folly of Vietnam shattered unity as a traditional trick of psychosis, and since the 70s we became divided by ideas. That's what Obama wants to end, because he advocates one-party totalitarianism. He regrets that Republicans aren't conforming quickly enough, clinging to their guns and Bibles, support for cops, law and order, etc. But victimology is a done deal, which means that Obama's plea for unity is very clever bullshit. Affirmative action dominates hiring, television programming, higher ed, and government spending. We don't have the right to be different -- except new muslim refugees, given special status akin to sex change by mental magic, no surgery required, on the theory that toleration of all vice is virtue.

So, I'm rather frustrated and slightly perplexed as to how Obama's plea for suggestions will be answered, since it's a bluff to browbeat us into happy toleration of black crime, a twist on freedom of religion, to snuff out civil liberty and property. Franchise fast food restaurants are in big trouble if they close on Sundays or express support for white police officers.

It's just been announced on the radio that Obama has convened a Black House conference on unity, summoning activists, politicians, academics, and minority cops to moan about hatred. They'll emerge somber and proud, all for Obama and Obama for all.

My suggestion is to restrict the 1st Amendment, one nation under negroes and gays, jihadis and Jews. I don't see any problem with government running pro sports, the only free speech allowed in Obama's soviet unity. We won't even notice the difference between politically correct pattycake and dictatorial direction of TV entertainment.

Cleveland in flames? Elections postponed? -- Go, Browns!

4 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I have forgotten more about how the Real World works than you ever knew....

Gee, Bob, how can you know this?

--Brant:wacko:

6 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

The next time a fireworks or ammunition factory burns to the ground  you will see and hear a wonderful demonstration. 

That has to be one of the most stupid things you've said so far, Bob... but you keep topping yourself with every post.

While you blame bullets for going off by themselves... you're totally blind to human immorality... just like your liberal kin.

Greg

1 hour ago, moralist said:

That has to be one of the most stupid things you've said so far, Bob... but you keep topping yourself with every post.

While you blame bullets for going off by themselves... you're totally blind to human immorality... just like your liberal kin.

Greg

Some fires are started by lightning.... Some by spontaneous combustion.   

Well you have denied  kinetic energy.   Do you want to try for Flat Earth?

You guys need to stop talking past each other. You're both incomplete and in exactly opposite ways. And you're both dumb in exactly the same way. Such is the price of obduracy.

--Brant

if you only knew the power of the Brant side--together you could rule OL as--whatever

7 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Some fires are started by lightning.... Some by spontaneous combustion.   

Well you have denied  kinetic energy.   Do you want to try for Flat Earth?

Are you actually trying to say that bullets harm people by natural forces that have nothing to do with human behavior?

Greg

2 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

You guys need to stop talking past each other. You're both incomplete and in exactly opposite ways. And you're both dumb in exactly the same way. Such is the price of obduracy.

--Brant

if you only knew the power of the Brant side--together you could rule OL as--whatever

Brant, Bob is completely blind to human immorality, while I'm fully aware of physical laws.

Greg

2 hours ago, moralist said:

Brant, Bob is completely blind to human immorality, while I'm fully aware of physical laws.

Greg

Not so.  I know what an act that I disapprove of is like. 

Morality is opinion, not fact. There is nothing in the physical laws of nature from which any moral code flows.  Moral codes are man-made artifacts,  usually evolved by empirical means.  If one lives in a community long enough one would come up with rules of acceptable behavior.  It is very natural for primates. Even Chimpanzees  have "rules of behavior".   It is a very primate thing. 

2 hours ago, moralist said:

Are you actually trying to say that bullets harm people by natural forces that have nothing to do with human behavior?

Greg

Most of the time no.  Sometimes yes.  There are non man made causes  for ammunition factories exploding and people have been killed by flying fragments.

Kinetic Energy is as real as rain. 

Not all energetic deaths are due to human intentions. 

41 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Morality is opinion, not fact. There is nothing in the physical laws of nature from which any moral code flows.  Moral codes are man-made artifacts,  usually evolved by empirical means.  If one lives in a community long enough one would come up with rules of acceptable behavior.  It is very natural for primates. Even Chimpanzees  have "rules of behavior".   It is a very primate thing. 

It fits with your determinist convictions ( a contradiction in terms, if ever...) that that disapproved-of act HAD to happen, was predetermined - no? Morality and immorality, iow, didn't enter, because morality is opinion, not fact. You've cut off fact from thought from action, and dispensed with morality. Such a lot of volitional thoughtful effort on your part, Bob, all to avoid volition and rational morality and end up endorsing them (for me if not to you).

(i'll hand you this though, 'normative' morality could largely be "opinion".)

14 hours ago, wolfdevoon said:

The president's goal is to unite kinder, gentler do-nothin cops with killers, robbers, dope dealers, baby daddies, and Black Power gunmen who are converging on Cleveland.

--  via Wolf's link at ZeroHedge, from Reuters:

Politics | Wed Jul 13, 2016
New Black Panther Party says to carry arms in Cleveland if legal
BY NED PARKER

The New Black Panther Party was founded in 1989 and adopted a more radical approach than the 1960s Black Panther Party. Members of the original group have denounced the New Black Panther Party as racist, but Nzinga says his movement includes original Black Panthers.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, a hate group watchdog, describes the New Black Panther Party as “a virulently racist and anti-Semitic organization whose leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law enforcement officers."

The center tracks years of public statements by the New Black Panther Party and other groups. Nzinga denied the group was racist but said it was a fact that Jews control Hollywood and the U.S. media.

The center said the group is not known to have carried out any violent attacks. The black shooter in the Dallas killings "liked" the New Black Panthers and other black nationalist groups on Facebook but was not a member.

[...]

Nzinga said he expected “a couple hundred” members of the New Black Panther Party to participate in and protect a black unity rally -- the "National Convention of the Oppressed" -- that is scheduled to begin in Cleveland on Thursday evening and end on Monday morning. Nzinga said he and the Panthers plan to leave Cleveland on Sunday, the day before the convention officially opens.

“We are there to protect ... We are not trying to do anything else,” he said. "We are going to carry out some of these great legal rights we have -- to assemble, to protest and (to exercise) freedom of speech.”

14 hours ago, wolfdevoon said:

My suggestion is to restrict the 1st Amendment, one nation under negroes and gays, jihadis and Jews. [...]

Yeah. The Neegrow and the Joo and the Dick Liquor.  Wrecking things for you since 1972.  Oddly enough, your views about the perfidious Joo align well with the anti-Joo flavours of opinion offered by the New Black Panthers. Their racial homeland view of America is also shared by the former Grand Dragon David Duke.

Cleveland in flames? Elections postponed?

Maybe, maybe not.  According to the Reuters report, these awful Negroes with Guns will be gone from the Cleveland precincts before the convention opens.  But if you like to feel panicky and apocalyptic about events like protest and the potential for deadly violence and suspension of the constitutional order, have at 'er.  It's a kind of thrill, after all, imagining scary things.

Dang the Joo-Negro-Geehottie-Geh!  Dang 'em all.

Edited by william.scherk
Tone; added search link on 'joo liquor wolf' for context

42 minutes ago, anthony said:

It fits with your determinist convictions ( a contradiction in terms, if ever...) that that disapproved-of act HAD to happen, was predetermined - no? Morality and immorality, iow, didn't enter, because morality is opinion, not fact. You've cut off fact from thought from action, and dispensed with morality. Such a lot of volitional thoughtful effort on your part, Bob, all to avoid volition and rational morality and end up endorsing them (for me if not to you).

(i'll hand you this though, 'normative' morality could largely be "opinion".)

Where do you get "had to"  from anything I have said?

As to volition:  I do not feel any driving force determining my thoughts.  However not feeling a force or influence does not eliminate the possibility of some kind of natural  driver.  I will tell you a story.  I learned how to parachute jump (it cost me a bundle by the way) for a single reason.  Einstein claimed that gravitation is NOT a force in the same sense as Coulomb attraction and Coulomb repulsion are forces.  The one and only jump I made in my life was from 9000 feet MSL.  For about 5 to 10 seconds I felt no force whatsoever.  Then as I gained speed I felt the force of air resistance.  The plane just seemed to move away from me.  I felt, for a brief time, as though I were fixed and the plane and the ground were moving.  Then when my chute opened I felt the upward tug of the rigging straps  and harnesses (that was inertially generated force and air resistance).  Einstein was right!  I have satisfied my self the gravitation is NOT a force, but it is what keeps my feet on the ground and my ass on the chair.  BTW, I made a vow which I have kept:  I will never, ever jump from a working aircraft again so help me.

So I have not too much to say about volition or the lack of it.  I do not understand the physics and chemistry of volition or the lack of it sufficiently, so I cannot say much about the matter.  As Wittgenstein once said,  when we are ignorant  about something we are compelled to be silent about it.  I do not know enough about the physics and chemistry of my brain (or  yours, for that matter) to say definitely how much "freedom" we actually posses.

6 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Where do you get "had to"  from anything I have said?

As to volition:  I do not feel any driving force determining my thoughts.  However not feeling a force or influence does not eliminate the possibility of some kind of natural  driver.  I will tell you a story.  I learned how to parachute jump (it cost me a bundle by the way) for a single reason.  Einstein claimed that gravitation is NOT a force in the same sense as Coulomb attraction and Coulomb repulsion are forces.  The one and only jump I made in my life was from 9000 feet MSL.  For about 5 to 10 seconds I felt no force whatsoever.  Then as I gained speed I felt the force of air resistance.  The plane just seemed to move away from me.  I felt, for a brief time, as though I were fixed and the plane and the ground were moving.  Then when my chute opened I felt the upward tug of the rigging straps  and harnesses (that was inertially generated force and air resistance).  Einstein was right!  I have satisfied my self the gravitation is NOT a force, but it is what keeps my feet on the ground and my ass on the chair.  BTW, I made a vow which I have kept:  I will never, ever jump from a working aircraft again so help me.

So I have not too much to say about volition or the lack of it.  I do not understand the physics and chemistry of volition or the lack of it sufficiently, so I cannot say much about the matter.  As Wittgenstein once said,  when we are ignorant  about something we are compelled to be silent about it.  I do not know enough about the physics and chemistry of my brain (or  yours, for that matter) to say definitely how much "freedom" we actually posses.

Sigh. What a waste of money. You didn't need a parachute to accomplish your goal; all you needed was an airplane.

--Brant

26 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Sign. What a waste of money. You didn't need a parachute to accomplish your goal; all you needed was an airplane.

--Brant

No sir!   In order to find out what I found out I had to be in free fall for a sufficiently long interval.   A ride on the "vomit comet"  would have cost me much more than the jumping lessons.   It might behoove to learn something about  motion in inertial frames of reference.  The brave folk who inhabit ISS can tell you from continuous experience of months that gravitation is not a force (push/pull) in the same way that electromagnetic attraction/repulsion are.  Since there is no way I am ever going to be in orbital free fall the parachute jump was my only way to find out first hand.  Einstein was right. 

3 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

No sir!   In order to find out what I found out I had to be in free fall for a sufficiently long interval.   A ride on the "vomit comet"  would have cost me much more than the jumping lessons.   It might behoove to learn something about  motion in inertial frames of reference.  The brave folk who inhabit ISS can tell you from continuous experience of months that gravitation is not a force (push/pull) in the same way that electromagnetic attraction/repulsion are.  Since there is no way I am ever going to be in orbital free fall the parachute jump was my only way to find out first hand.  Einstein was right. 

I wasn't thinking of the "vomit comet.":evil:

--Brant

who else didn't get it?:)

Just now, Brant Gaede said:

I wasn't thinking of the "vomit comet."

--Brant

who else didn't get it?

What were you thinking of?

13 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Wow... that's the basis of your morality... your disapproval? :lol:

Morality is opinion, not fact.

Thieves and robbers disapprove of others possessing property they feel entitled to take. In your view, your subjective irrationally emotional opinion of what's right and wrong has no more validity than cheaters liars and thieves...

...which makes you no different than they are.

Greg

6 hours ago, moralist said:

Wow... that's the basis of your morality... your disapproval? :lol:

Thieves and robbers disapprove of others possessing property they feel entitled to take. In your view, your subjective irrationally emotional opinion of what's right and wrong has no more validity than cheaters liars and thieves...

...which makes you no different than they are.

Greg

Your bad boys usually know they're bad. "If you can't do the time don't do the crime." That's why in prison cop killers have the highest status and child molesters the lowest. Obviously they're screwed up in the head. That's not Bob's case. Bob's head is missing something and it seems to be genetic. He's compensated as best he can. I think you can do honest business with Bob one on one. You are much too hard on him about his government education and what have you. My government education screwed me up too. It's taken me a long time to get unscrewed. Consider war. Both Bob and I walked away from being agents of the warfare state about 50 years ago, but we did it differently because the physiological structure of our brains is different. Here's the kicker: ours are not damaged brains but simply reflect biological human diversity. This was not the case of my sister. As a baby she was hospitalized and isolated for 2 - 3 months (1940 or 1941) because it was part of treating-an-infection protocol in the pre-antibiotic age. The development of her brain was interfered with making her an oddball and contributing to her eventual death 12 years ago. In spite of her genius IQ she was not enough self aware of how she was different and could not compensate. Bob has compensated with rigorous thinking. Most of us could use a great deal more of such rigorous thinking. That includes me, today, at the age of 72.

--Brant

15 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Your bad boys usually know they're bad. "If you can't do the time don't do the crime." That's why in prison cop killers have the highest status and child molesters the lowest. Obviously they're screwed up in the head. That's not Bob's case. Bob's head is missing something and it seems to be genetic. He's compensated as best he can. I think you can do honest business with Bob one on one. You are much too hard on him about his government education and what have you. My government education screwed me up too. It's taken me a long time to get unscrewed. Consider war. Both Bob and I walked away from being agents of the warfare state about 50 years ago, but we did it differently because the physiological structure of our brains is different. Here's the kicker: ours are not damaged brains but simply reflect biological human diversity. This was not the case of my sister. As a baby she was hospitalized and isolated for 2 - 3 months (1940 or 1941) because it was part of treating-an-infection protocol in the pre-antibiotic age. The development of her brain was interfered with making her an oddball and contributing to her eventual death 12 years ago. In spite of her genius IQ she was not enough self aware of how she was different and could not compensate. Bob has compensated with rigorous thinking. Most of us could use a great deal more of such rigorous thinking. That includes me, today, at the age of 72.

--Brant

72.  You too are a geezer...