Gary Johnson for President

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10.26.2016-19.07.png

If the press is to be believed, Bell Weld threw in the towel and "obliquely urged voters to vote for Hillary Clinton" (see here).

I think the press is stupid to say he now wants his voters to vote for Clinton (see here for another case of serious spin), but he did say don't vote for Trump, and he didn't say don't vote for Clinton.

EDIT: Here is his statement on his own site: STATEMENT BY GOV. BILL WELD REGARDING THE FINAL WEEKS OF THIS ELECTION. So the press spun this thing upside down. 

Still, he sounds like he is admitting defeat and he is not telling voters to vote for him and Johnson. He is saying don't vote for Trump.

I'm not going to defend the boneheads in the press, but how in hell did he expect the press to act with a statement like that?

Is anybody surprised?

Michael

15 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

10.26.2016-19.07.png

If the press is to be believed, Bell Weld threw in the towel and "obliquely urged voters to vote for Hillary Clinton" (see here).

I think the press is stupid to say he now wants his voters to vote for Clinton (see here for another case of serious spin), but he did say don't vote for Trump, and he didn't say don't vote for Clinton.

EDIT: Here is his statement on his own site: STATEMENT BY GOV. BILL WELD REGARDING THE FINAL WEEKS OF THIS ELECTION. So the press spun this thing upside down. 

Still, he sounds like he is admitting defeat and he is not telling voters to vote for him and Johnson. He is saying don't vote for Trump.

I'm not going to defend the boneheads in the press, but how in hell did he expect the press to act with a statement like that?

Is anybody surprised?

Michael

That was re-spun nicely, Michael. 

Read his statement. Its as simple as an ass on a goat. 

Its absurd thinking to listen to the sound of his voice and not hear words instead.

He played right into my election wheel house. 

His characterization of Trump is accurate.

His implication, being on the campaign trail, is vote for us.

On 9/29/2016 at 6:10 PM, KorbenDallas said:

Gary Johnson has another Tumban/Aleppo moment:

garyjohnsn.jpg

Are those Garys  "Aleppo Moments"??????

All riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Bill Weld says Hillary Clinton is honest and thinks she would be a fine president. And it's time somebody said so.

And he's very happy with the Federal money they are going to be getting...

For Johnson supporters, how does it feel to be co-opted by the elites and sold out by your leaders?

That's exactly what the Tea Party has gone through.

I want to put a smiley on this, but I feel your pain. And I feel your cognitive dissonance. And I know it hurts. So no smiley this time.

Michael

• 1 month later...

Sorry, Gary -- got nothing for you.

On 7/19/2016 at 9:16 AM, william.scherk said:
On 7/13/2016 at 2:33 PM, SteveWolfer said:
On 7/13/2016 at 1:13 PM, william.scherk said:

sea roads and the rail and air roads

Here is a fun thought I had one day.  I was reading about the outstanding safety record of Google's self-driving cars. [...]

Like a friend of mine once said, until you have lived with a particular technology for a while, you have no idea how it will end up being used. 

One of my personal amazements has been the pace and scale of transport infrastructure built out in China during recent dramatic urbanization, especially their superspeed train network.  I don't think North America's geography makes sense for similar trains, despite their relative ubiquity in Europe.  On the subject of 'automated' driverless vehicles, the first ones on the market are public/private, with working examples in the Netherlands, and incubated and nearing birth in Singapore. I think 'collective' driverless shuttles will also be an important part of the mix which will include driverless single-user vehicles.

On this topic, Olli!  Driving around DC's Harbor Yards with a creepy Pizzagate voice.  Video from the fiends at IBM.

These will spread, mark my words.   

-- for fuller context, see the Citylab article on more high tech buses of tomorrow. 

https://localmotors.com/olli/

IBM PR

China's sad "straddlebus"

Edited by william.scherk
Links

If the driverless vehicle were on tracks or on autopilot at 10,000 feet we would embrace computer/robotic driven vehicles. And we might take a snooze when traveling as  many pilots do. But going to the grocery store? On a two lane road? What if you glanced over while driving and no one was in the other car’s driver’s seat? Arrrgh!

Sniff. And who is Gary Johnson anyway?

Peter  

How do self-driving vehicles take you through the drive-thru at McDonalds?

How and where do you park on a moonlite light and smooch?

How do you "live" in your car?

These vehicles are just smaller buses.

And no damn fun!

But a great way to get drunks home from the bar!

"Pull over! I need to take a piss! No! Not in front of the police station!

--Brant

I have seen the future and it doesn't work

On 11/2/2016 at 7:47 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

All riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Bill Weld says Hillary Clinton is honest and thinks she would be a fine president. And it's time somebody said so.

And he's very happy with the Federal money they are going to be getting...

For Johnson supporters, how does it feel to be co-opted by the elites and sold out by your leaders?

That's exactly what the Tea Party has gone through.

I want to put a smiley on this, but I feel your pain. And I feel your cognitive dissonance. And I know it hurts. So no smiley this time.

Michael

Just watched the vid.

Illery is "honest" and "capable"?

This man lives in an alternate reality.

--Brant

but the election flushed all this away

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

Just watched the vid.

Illery is "honest" and "capable"?

This man lives in an alternate reality.

--Brant

but the election flushed all this away

The Plain Folks  were not buying  this crap.  Once again  America is saved by the Plain Folks  (also known to the liberal progressives  as The Deplorables).  Perhaps we ought to re-read  "Democracy in America" by Alexis de Toqueville. 

Both Alex de T  and Leonard Cohen  sang  "Democracy  is coming --- to the U.S.A."

See and listen to:  

It's coming to America first, 
the cradle of the best and of the worst. 
It's here they got the range 
and the machinery for change 
and it's here they got the spiritual thirst. 
It's here the family's broken 
and it's here the lonely say 
that the heart has got to open 
in a fundamental way: 
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.