Correspondence and Coherence blog

merjet

In the first nine seconds of this video Trump is asked about his remark about slowing down testing. His response was “I don’t kid.”

Will subjectivists MSK and Jon still try to twist and mangle “I don’t kid” into “I was jokingor “It was humor”?

3 minutes ago, merjet said:

In the first nine seconds of this video Trump is asked about his remark about slowing down testing. His response was “I don’t kid.”

Will subjectivists MSK and Jon still try to twist and mangle “I don’t kid” into “I was jokingor “It was humor”?

Merlin,

I watched the video just now.

President Trump did not address her question.

It's like he said, "I don't kid," in answer to something else and then went on to talk about that something else.

I could explain how he does this often as a way of answering a question, he first "sets the table" by going outside the question and then returns back to the question--and I can give examples after examples after examples. He didn't return this time for whatever reason, but I have a feeling you are not interested in learning his form of communication for real. You just want to claim President Trump is stupid and heartless and make one of his quips prove it.

But the quip doesn't prove it or anything else for that matter. Trump supporters know about this particular form of communication of his.They know about it and are comfortable with it.

For the reader, replace "I don't kid" with "I don't kid about how serious we are working on testing," and his following remarks make perfect sense.

Besides, as to the gotcha, President Trump quipped he told his staff to slow down testing, but he ramped it up instead. What he said was one thing (and a quip at that). What he did was the opposite.

Pretty heartless, huh?

:evil: 

Gotcha people loves them some word gotchas and hates them some reality when it refuses to go along and show what geniuses they are...

🙂 

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Reality's a bitch...

🙂

Michael

Both of his statistical claims are vague and false.

The USA's 7-day average of daily deaths are down about 77% since the peak (link).

Does "fatality rate" mean deaths per million population or deaths/cases? Either way, his claim is false. If it is deaths per million population, the USA's is 7th highest in the world for countries with more than 10 million population (link).  If it is death/cases, the USA's is pretty good, but S. Korea's and Taiwan's are far lower.

13 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Remember the people who said Hydroxychloroquine will kill you? That its efficacy was merely anecdotal?

When he says, "Why are the press running medicine?" it makes me wonder how many leftists will even comprehend what he's saying. I think a lot of people are literally that far gone that they wouldn't even recognize the risks, let alone the blatantly corrupt actions, of this informal hierarchy of "legitimate" information.

I wonder is you asked a leftist, "When has the media EVER agreed with Trump?" and if they would even know what the point of the question was. If they agreed with Trump very rarely, you'd have some evidence that it wasn't purely politics, but if they NEVER agree with Trump? It's truly shocking what they've been able to get away with.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, merjet said:

Does "fatality rate" mean deaths per million population or deaths/cases? Either way, his claim is false. If it is deaths per million population, the USA's is 7th highest in the world for countries with more than 10 million population (link).  If it is death/cases, the USA's is pretty good, but S. Korea's and Taiwan's are far lower.

Why are people still using any of these statistics? Has anyone come up with any alternatives for measuring the virus' impact on countries that is perhaps harder to manipulate than the absolute numbers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, merjet said:

Both of his statistical claims are vague and false.

The USA's 7-day average of daily deaths are down about 77% since the peak (link).

When looked at in terms of progress, and how USA is doing well for itself, the stats could be useful and informative.  BUT the funny thing is, if it's deaths/case then the stats mean little to nothing AS a comparison to totally different countries. 

Comorbidity includes things which factor hugely into the risk of death per case, e.g. heart conditions, diabetes, high blood pressure, and others which are causatively linked with obesity.  Obesity is linked with, to put it colorfully, a population possessing an abundance of means accompanied by a dearth of self-discipline... so a large portion of the population are statistically at "risk" for obesity... and those risks manifest themselves in the actual levels of obesity.

ALL things otherwise considered being equal... (capacity and quality of medical goods and services) IF some foreign population statistically has either a lower level of abundance or a greater level of self-discipline... or both... then obesity will be lower there... and hence the rate of deaths/case will be vastly different.

Aside from this... statistics of the outcomes in the collective.. are no justification or validation for any system, or for any response.  Just as wealth is not properly any justification for capitalism, death rates, AS SUCH, are no indication of proper government action.  Sure a population can "do well" in some particular aspect... and so survival per case is a measure of some import, but it surely is not a measure of "proper government".  Short term prevention of death might correlate strongly with dictatorship and tyranny.

2 hours ago, Dglgmut said:

Why are people still using any of these statistics? Has anyone come up with any alternatives for measuring the virus' impact on countries that is perhaps harder to manipulate than the absolute numbers?

Merlin is an idiot.

Just look at him, here. Elected mass murderers and he only wants to talk about Trump's verbal insensitivity to scared people's feelings.

A dumb piece of shit and a moral monster.

3 hours ago, Dglgmut said:

There is no impact. It is a typical bad cold. They tell stories that indicate otherwise. Lasting impacts stories. Lies.

Shutting down has had enormous negative impacts, but those were not caused by too many old people dying, they were from intentionally shutting down economies, which were political calculations having nothing to do with the new cold.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

It is a typical bad cold.

Okay, but is there a way to quantify the severity of this illness on a population as (the public would assume) it relates to national health policy? I mean, confirmed cases and confirmed deaths are obviously not reliable numbers, so I wonder if there is any auxiliary information that would suggest on which side the statistics are skewed.

One crude way of estimating the real number of COVID deaths might be to compare last year's total deaths to this year's. Here is the CDC site with January-March of 2019: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/provisional-tables.htm You can change the year to 2018 at the top right. I don't know if there is a way to get an unofficial number for total deaths in the country so far this year, and if such a source would have numbers for last year also that can be compared. It looks like ~230,000 per month (for the most significant months) if we assume the data from 2018 would be roughly consistent with 2019 and 2020 sans COVID.

With the explicit "liberalism" of the COVID related death tracking, we know the ~133k official death number is significantly inflated. But once you reduce it by even half, and spread that number between 2-3 months (the time that the bulk of the deaths happened, i.e. testing ramped up), you're left with numbers that are too small to really say anything definitively. If there were, say, 260k deaths in May, and 230k in May 2019, it's hard to say that those 30k were from COVID, especially when you consider that other causes of death went up (unofficially) because people were not going to the hospital for other important treatments.

I don't know if it will ever be possible to untangle this mess.

7 hours ago, Strictlylogical said:

When looked at in terms of progress, and how USA is doing well for itself, the stats could be useful and informative.  BUT the funny thing is, if it's deaths/case then the stats mean little to nothing AS a comparison to totally different countries. 

Comorbidity includes things which factor hugely into the risk of death per case, e.g. heart conditions, diabetes, high blood pressure, and others which are causatively linked with obesity.  Obesity is linked with, to put it colorfully, a population possessing an abundance of means accompanied by a dearth of self-discipline... so a large portion of the population are statistically at "risk" for obesity... and those risks manifest themselves in the actual levels of obesity.

ALL things otherwise considered being equal... (capacity and quality of medical goods and services) IF some foreign population statistically has either a lower level of abundance or a greater level of self-discipline... or both... then obesity will be lower there... and hence the rate of deaths/case will be vastly different.

Aside from this... statistics of the outcomes in the collective.. are no justification or validation for any system, or for any response.  Just as wealth is not properly any justification for capitalism, death rates, AS SUCH, are no indication of proper government action.  Sure a population can "do well" in some particular aspect... and so survival per case is a measure of some import, but it surely is not a measure of "proper government".  Short term prevention of death might correlate strongly with dictatorship and tyranny.

S,

Oddly enough, you could say something similar about any of the official statistics from anywhere about the coronavirus scare, including number of infections.

And when those gathering, massaging and publishing the statistics, especially on the globalist side, keep going, "oops," there is no reason to believe any of it (unless you hate Trump, in which case you will believe anything at all if it denigrates him 🙂 ).

The more I read the stats, the more I believe the shutdown was a reaction to a big hoax sold to President Trump. The virus existed. And it came from China in a malicious manner. The level of threat they screamed in his face at the time did not exist.

Michael

On 7/7/2020 at 12:17 PM, Jon Letendre said:

[Jon] is an idiot.

A dumb piece of shit and a moral monster.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:18 PM, Jon Letendre said:

inexcusable scum

😃  😃 😄

On 7/7/2020 at 2:23 PM, Jon Letendre said:

I wonder the severity this illness has had on our populations … 

Reptilian pea-brain Jon falls for a hoax. He shows a graphobviously contrived and slapdash-- with fake numbers of human trafficking arrests for the Trump years. The graph’s numbers for 2018 and 2019 are more than triple and near triple, respectively, the official counts given by the ICE division which reports human trafficking arrests. (The numbers shown for the Obama years match the official ones.)

The wishes of the Trump-infatuated don’t magically transform fake numbers into accurate ones.

2 hours ago, merjet said:

Reptilian pea-brain Jon falls for a hoax. He shows a graphobviously contrived and slapdash-- with fake numbers of human trafficking arrests for the Trump years. The graph’s numbers for 2018 and 2019 are more than triple and near triple, respectively, the official counts given by the ICE division which reports human trafficking arrests. (The numbers shown for the Obama years match the official ones.)

The wishes of the Trump-infatuated don’t magically transform fake numbers into accurate ones.

Good job, Psychopath.

Now gaslight us about the five mass-murdering Democrat Governors.

Merlin is likely on board with Facebook on this issue. Far more are on board with it than decent, healthy people would imagine.

It is not hard to understand why someone would then attempt to belittle, minimize and diminish advancements being made toward the eventual annihilation of all of them. Gaslighting the process of their roundup and disposal, calling it make-believe, is a psychological defense mechanism for these creatures with rapidly closing expiration dates.

Supplements are wishful thinking with possible side affects.  I would try a multivitamin with some zinc in it and eat a balanced diet. Maybe not the toaster waffles I had for breakfast. I have a system where I toast them, cut them up, pour syrup on them and then put the whole plate in the microwave for 20 seconds. Eat and sip coffee. Burp as needed.