Correspondence and Coherence blog

merjet

Our local WBOC newscast had a few people in the building and the two news casters were ten feet apart and Dan Satterfield the meteorologist was in another room. We have a husband and wife news team too, the Carley’s, and they do stand right next to each other.

What is going to happen with buses, trains, planes, taxi’s and Uber drivers? A lot of our military sleeps in barracks.

Is there a possibility the power will go out due to the coronavirus situation? Should you get cash for daily transactions because we have yet to see the worst of times? What are the odds that credit cards can’t be used for purchases?

The DOW continues to fall and stocks are cheaper. But if you want to buy low when will you know when the market is at its “greatest low” so buying them is a smart thing to do? Peter

I don't know if there is anything else behind this, but if true... 

Are you friggin' kidding me?!!!

BROKEN MODELS: The CDC Doctors Screwed Up Bigly! USNS Comfort in NY Harbor Sits Idle with 3 Patients -- USNS Mercy in LA has Only 15 Patients

These are big-ass ships.

Ask yourself the following if you are in a panic: If I allow evil people to destroy the society around me, will that help my panic?

Get rational, people.

There are things--effective things--that can be done about COVID-19, but they start with correctly identifying reality.

If Objectivism means anything, it means identifying reality to the best of one's ability.

And one big honking part of reality is that the media sucks right now. It promotes panic on purpose with lies--with INCORRECTLY identifying reality.

There is a widespread medical situation that requires diligence, but panic is making people do all the wrong things.

Michael

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 4:49 AM, merjet said:

You can say goodbye to climate change and anything to do with "save the earth," too. Everybody's getting a new idea about what's important. For whatever's good or bad about it, the environmental movement is on a ventilator.

--Brant

I'm an environmentalist; let your imagination run wild 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, merjet said:

You say testing is important so that a person can start taking the appropriate actions.

For 99.X% of the population the appropriate actions for the common cold are rest and fluids.

Why wasn't testing, testing, testing for the common cold a thing until a few months before this Presidential election?

Why is masks are good for all a new discovery of medical science well into the 21st century?

Why were we never asked to respect old people and prevent some of their perfectly predictable, seasonal like clockwork, annual 35,000 - 60,000 or so flu deaths?

If masks work, why were never asked until a few months before a Presidential election?

When face diaper-induced fungal respiratory infections kill double, then triple the number of common cold deaths, then quadruple, then quintiple, do you suppose the DemocRat governors will apologize?