Who does Rubio pick for VP ?

Marc

Desi Arnaz:

"A Cuban-born American musician, actor, television producer, writer and director. He is best remembered for his role as Ricky Ricardo on the American television series sitcom I Love Lucy, starring with Lucille Ball, to whom he was married at the time. Arnaz was also internationally renowned for leading his Latin music band, the Desi Arnaz Orchestra. He and Ball are generally credited as the inventors of the rerun in connection with I Love Lucy.[2] Arnaz is also partially credited with introducing the multi camera set up for the situation comedy, and using film for this method."

There is even a "little Ricky!"

Lucy Ricardo (née Lucille Esmeralda McGillicuddy) and Ricky Ricardo (who gives his full name in the episode "Hollywood Anniversary" as Ricardo Alberto Fernando Ricardo y de Acha, although when Lucy later calls him by his full name in the episode "Lucy Raises Tulips", she gives "Enrique" as his first name and appends "III" to the end: Enrique Alberto Fernando Ricardo y de Acha III[6]) are fictional characters from the American television sitcom I Love Lucy, portrayed respectively by Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.

Ricky is a character very similar to Arnaz himself, a Cuban-American bandleader whose trademark song is "Babalu". Red-haired Lucy is his wife, who always gets into trouble and is usually caught at it by Ricky. Lucy's full name is given in the episodes "The Marriage License," "Fred and Ethel Fight," and "The Passports". Ricky's is given in "Lucy Raises Tulips" (1957). They have a son Ricky Ricardo, Jr., also called "Little Ricky", portrayed by child actor Richard Keith, whose stage name on the series is his character's name, Little Ricky. The Ricardos appear, as well, in The Lucy–Desi Comedy Hour, and Lucy also appears in one episode of The Ann Sothern Show.

I love lucy 1956.JPG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desi_Arnaz

A...

Do I get a participation trophy on the research team?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Selene said:

Do I get a participation trophy on the research team?

Yes, you do. 

My favourite kind of trophy (outside the Stanley Cup) is the old-fashioned baseball trophy, like my dad had. So, for you I give the best kind. I inscribed it with :"OL Heavy Hitters."  

We can bat runs in, and we can do a job digging deep in the dugouts.  On the front porch here are some all-stars. I wish everyone could have a trophy, but hey, I am just  a little bit Objectivish after ten years here on the front porch. I only give trophies for merit. 

OLHeavy_Hitters.png

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 11:44 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

In determinism, starting with the big bang, new forms (wholes) emerged from the small stuff kinda at random.

...and their selection for emergence follows a set of logical well ordered laws. That finely tuned order of laws apply uniformly everywhere in the universe.

Greg

31 minutes ago, moralist said:

...and their selection for emergence follows a set of logical well ordered laws. That finely tuned order of laws apply uniformly everywhere in the universe.

Greg,

I agree. I use different words for those laws, but the concept is the same. They are not present in determinism.

The only immutable laws in determinism are abstractions without relationship to any reality other than themselves such as logic. (The inner game. :) )

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Greg,

I agree. I use different words for those laws, but the concept is the same. They are not present in determinism.

The only immutable laws in determinism are abstractions without relationship to any reality other than themselves such as logic. (The inner game. :) )

Michael

Yes... and I'm certainly not a determinist because I can freely choose to acknowledge the impeccable logic and order of the laws which govern the cosmos... as well as the wisdom of the moral laws which govern the consequences of human behavior.:smile:

Greg

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:59 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Logic must work because it would be illogical for it not to.

...and the proof of whether or not what we believe is logical can be found in the objective reality of the consequences of our own actions. :smile: 

Greg

goodbye rubio tuesday

Trump drives out GOP golden boy

getimage.aspx?regionKey=tK1tqdJp7CDP4jOZAP PHOTO
FINISHED: Florida U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio speaks last night at a rally in Miami. Rubio suspended his campaign last night after a double-digit loss in Florida.

Goodbye, Rubio. Still we’re not going to miss you.

Marco Rubio had the hype, the hope and the backing of the GOP establishment, but there was always something missing — voters.

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/boston-herald/20160316/281612419512587

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is a talking point in Trump's campaign speeches right now.

He says he heard there was the "future of the Republican party" running for president in Florida.

But where is that future now after being buried under a landslide?

:)

Michael

Ricky came up a little short...

Laughing graphics

5 hours ago, Robert Campbell said:

I'm not missing Marco Rubio.

But why is John Kasich still running?

Robert Campbell

A number of theories are out there.

I have no clue.

Ego?

A...

25 minutes ago, merjet said:

1. A Google search shows the following re delegates: 1,237 needed for nomination · 1,049 available

Trump 678, Cruz 423, Kasich 143. 678+423+143 = 1244, barely over half of all delegates

2. He's got money.

3. VP?

4. 1860 Republican National Convention 

Leverage.

"As of this moment, Trump is currently on pace to finish just under the 1,237 threshold necessary to win the nomination."

Open convention? Probably

54 undeclared delegates in Pennsylvania. Kasich is from Penn.

VP? He could bring Ohio to Trump. A Republican has never won the Presidency without winning Ohio.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/7/21/1112453/-The-last-time-a-Republican-won-the-Presidency-without-winning

After all, in the last decade, a Republican did not get 270 electoral votes, required to win the Presidency, without winning Florida, Ohio, and Virginia. In 88, George H W Bush won all 3. 76 is out because Carter won. In 72 Nixon dominated the map. In 68, Nixon won all 3. In 64, LBJ won . In 60, JFK won. In 52 and 56, Ike won all 3, he dominated the map also. In 48, Truman won, and prior to that FDR won every election since 1928. In 1928 Hoover the Republican won, but he won all 3.

I don't know, but the thing that Kasich does with his jaw kind of creeps me out, reminds me of the Creature from the Black Lagoon.  They ended up capturing the creature for being a public nuisance, maybe the same guys will come for Kasich?

1 hour ago, merjet said:

VP?

1 hour ago, turkeyfoot said:

VP? He could bring Ohio to Trump. A Republican has never won the Presidency without winning Ohio.

My joking about Kasich aside, I like him for VP.  He has the washington experience Trump has spoken about, plus Trump said he is looking for a VP that can help out in a state he has to win.

A Trump/Kasich ticket looks very good.

Some of Kasich's budget-related experience is a plus.

His decision to go around the state legislature to jam through an Obamacare medicaid expansion is not.  Neither is his strategy of running against most Republican voters (not just the Trump supporters).

When he's standing, his posture and gestures remind me of Ed Sullivan.

Robert Campbell

Edited by Robert Campbell

8 minutes ago, Robert Campbell said:

Some of Kasich's budget-related experience is a plus.

His decision to go around the state legislature to jam through an Obamacare medicaid expansion is not.  Neither is his strategy of running against most Republican voters (not just the Trump supporters).

When he's standing, his posture and gestures remind me of Ed Sullivan.

Robert Campbell

Ed Sullivan said he was presenting a "really good show" about every week. I guess you wouldn't say the same about Kasich. :)

He is also not visually appealing. 

The "Ed Sullivan hunchback" look is out!

He looks eerie.

A...

1 hour ago, KorbenDallas said:

I don't know, but the thing that Kasich does with his jaw kind of creeps me out, reminds me of the Creature from the Black Lagoon.  They ended up capturing the creature for being a public nuisance, maybe the same guys will come for Kasich?

Saw the movie in a theater when I was 15 or 16 (1959 or 1960). It scared me so much I spent some time in the lobby.

--Brant

Peter,

Cruz might pick Rubio for VP.

I don't see it going the other way around, do you?  Rubio's out of the race.

I think Trump will need to go with someone who doesn't much resemble him.  That will be interesting.

We don't yet know whether those who have been offered positions in a Trump administration (Christie, Palin, Carson) will be able to call their own shots, or Trump expects them to function on the Obama model (all shall obey the Emperor).

Robert