study published in BMJ - fasting beats cancer??

jts

I am skeptical of this story. I know that fasting can be powerful but I doubt it can be this powerful. Maybe this is a rare case. We hear of the successes; we don't often hear of the failures. With ten thousand fasts in TrueNorth, why so few success stories? Shelton supervised forty thousand fasts and never saw a cancer go away with fasting, altho fasting sometimes works well on non-cancer tumors. Shelton also had the idea that 99% of tumors diagnosed as cancer were not cancer, at least breast tumors. Was this cancer?

I'm surprised that BMJ published this. Isn't British Medical Journal supposed to be a respected peer reviewed medical journal? Why did they publish quackery?

The British Medical Journal recently published a case report involving celebrated experts Alan Goldhamer DC and Michael Klaper MD of TrueNorth Health Center.

A 42-year-old woman diagnosed with follicular lymphoma (FL), the second most common non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), underwent a medically supervised 21-day water-only fast. She then consumed a diet of minimally processed plant foods free of added sugar, oil and salt (SOS).

The verdict?

The fasting treatment followed by a SOS-free diet appears to have shrunk the tumors and put the disease into remission.

Will water-only fasting followed by a SOS-free vegan diet become the cancer treatment of choice?

http://casereports.bmj.com/content/2015/bcr-2015-211582.full?keytype=ref&ijkey=Mhi6qHlKv9mP7E8