How to minimize tornado damage in the American Heartland

BaalChatzaf

Build a series of trailer parks starting at the Gulf Coast in Texas and winding northward to the Canadian border. Place the trailer parks at a safe distance from any major cities and villages and tornado damage will be kept to a reasonable minimum.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I think that that is one of the most peculiar opening posts to any thread that I have opened in the eight (8) years that I have been a member!

Lucky Bob picked humor...

Might have been the establishment of BJ Clinton's trailer trash museums and massage parlors that would be created under Presidentass Evita's social networking program to bring poor Syrian widows through Bill's re-education centers.

boy-named-bill-clinton.jpg

A...

I think that that is one of the most peculiar opening posts to any thread that I have opened in the eight (8) years that I have been a member!

Might have been the establishment of BJ Clinton's trailer trash museums and massage parlors that would be created under Presidentass Evita's social networking program to bring poor Syrian widows through Bill's re-education centers.

boy-named-bill-clinton.jpg

A...

I based my suggestion on the well know tendencies of tornadoes to rip through trailer parks. Empirically one may suppose that trailer parks actually attract the tornadoes. (Keep in mind, this is a humor section).

By the way did you notice resemblance between Bill and Bill Jr.?

A...

I based my suggestion on the well know tendencies of tornadoes to rip through trailer parks. Empirically one may suppose that trailer parks actually attract the tornadoes. (Keep in mind, this is a humor section).

By the way did you notice resemblance between Bill and Bill Jr.?

Well, according to an African American Los Angeles Times columnist, BJ was the first black President...

A...

Perhaps we could build a statistically manufactured wall to keep tornadoes out. Pile trailers on top of each other. One of the few nightmares I have had as an adult is a recurring one about sighting tornadoes. I have considered building a safe room in my house that would survive the wind or an intruder.

Perhaps we could build a statistically manufactured wall to keep tornadoes out. Pile trailers on top of each other. One of the few nightmares I have had as an adult is a recurring one about sighting tornadoes. I have considered building a safe room in my house that would survive the wind or an intruder.

I just have a shotgun loaded with 00 buck.

--Brant

(this is disinformation--honest)

I am a fan of bird shot from a 410. It will hit the intruder with its wide scatter pattern, go thru one door or wall, but not continue on to hit a family member. I would shoot for the torso and wait to hear, "Help me. I can't move. Oh, god. My guts are coming out. Call 911. Please!"

Sweet. At that point I will negotiate. How many of you are in my house? What were your plans? Who are you? Do I need to shoot again?

"Don't talk! Shoot!"

Correct. Made that mistake when I was 12, almost got me killed.

A...

• 5 years later...

From MSN News. MAYFIELD, Ky. — As a catastrophic tornado approached this city Friday, employees of a candle factory — which would later be destroyed — heard the warning sirens and wanted to leave the building. But at least five workers said supervisors warned employees that they would be fired if they left their shifts early. end quote

That may not be the same as sending men and women into combat but those “supervisors” will pay for their wrong choices, perhaps legally, morally, and with nightmares. Put yourself in their position. What would you or I have done, considering sirens went off and the news was reporting tornados? I wonder if they had anyone standing outside and watching in the dark or if anyone was following The Weather Channels radar reports? The dilemma is a tough one.   

• 4 months later...

On local TV, a lady who specializes in elder care and hospice, also talked about tornadoes and hurricanes. She said to get to the safest room in a house and take the cushions from couches to make it more comfortable and to protect you. I had thought of taking pillows, but couch cushions make more sense.