The People VS. Evita, Criminal Case File

Selene

But wait -- there's more!  And this may be of general interest. For those who take the time to train the OL interface, it can feed you more of what you liked in the old days. Things like filtering out all but the newest additions to threads you follow, or threads you participated in, or threads with certain persons active, and so on. A feature unveiled by poking at the leftmost of the Smart Buttons is the ability to share the 'streams' that you have set up to be fed to you. You can 'sample' other people's filtered extract of OL if they share the URL. 

In other words, I invite you to visit OL on a Small Lot. It zips up tightly and yet allows a personalization not so easy to navigate to in the Big Lot OL.  

Thanks, Michael, for pointing out this added benefit.  A  clean smart-phone/tablet interface bridges the gap between clonky old heavy graphic web forum standards and zippy kids-will-eat-this small-screen punch. 

Repeat after me: I am smarter than my smart phone. I am smarter than my phone.

Visual aids show the above-mentioned byways of the Small Lot OL world. First is evidence that you can name and adjust blinds of more than one 'Window on OL' ...

JustMeStuff.png

-- This one shows what you can do with this personalized sampler of OL goodies ... share a unique URL. Here it is: /Discover/8.   Cool.  Plus a page of XML syndication code is written for your general feed reader if you use one. Automatic. Zooming into the 21st century and ready to poach readers under fifty from the drain-circling Sister Sites.

Just in case you read this far ... who has read Biddle's very long essay on the Goddess and Trump?  Does anyone Hate Club it like me?

sharestreamOL.png

-- note that in Small Lot OL, you can really dig whatever fence line you want.  You can do such things as sample only recent headlines. 

Maybe, I say to myself, this could go a ways around an objection to the new update -- that it removed the old Front Page which sampled everything new. With some tinkering under the hood, I figure this Small Lot jitney can get you straight to  where you want to go and what you want to see.

Read on Twitter: "Mr Putin, I have Secretary of State John Miller on the line."  

sharestreamOL2.png

Edited by william.scherk
Spelking, grrrammar.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

14 hours ago, merjet said:

To return the thread to from whence/what it was.

And I quote from the esteemed former jurist:

Any lie and any materially misleading statement — and [Clinton] is prone to both — made to the FBI can form the basis for an independent criminal charge against her. This is the environment that trapped Martha Stewart. 

Mrs. Clinton's folks are preparing for the worst. 

Note to baggage staff: Mrs Clinton 'flies heavy.'  She has been adding weight on neck and shoulders for nigh on thirty years. She's been in the ultimate bed of power in the White House for two back-to-back terms. She must not 'inherit' or use material advantage of her husband's terms or influence to advantage herself in this run. But she has, she does and she will.  And another mill stone is added.

Her erstwhile opponent matches her in age if not in millstones, though his bags of cash and influence are inestimable.  

And her harridan partisans will cry that she ran and rolled New York and became Senator. Rolled on Bill's logs, they say back. And she was a Secretary of State, they bitch back. And yet another millstone.  They say.

She is old, mired betwixt a bog of scandal and mounds of cash of lurid Wall Street hue. She wants to ride that fat Clinton horse to another rodeo, and I wish kinda hope she gets throwed and stomped. Or made into glue. Or sold to the Belgians, who like to eat old horse meat even more than the French.

If she isn't made into that delicacy or glue, and she rides to hounds with ballot opponent Trump, it is for some a coming of the Common Man, a vision of a New America, refreshed and invigorated versus a monster of corruption. For others it is a double-talking blowhard versus a heavily mill-stoned She-Hag.  For others it is even more dire a choice, or one awfulness such big awful that the slightly smaller awful will default in some dithering and late-breaking vote intentions.

You poor people. You don't get a third option. Your twin-demon parties have encrusted your politics like barnacles on gears, stiffening into a hinge and thus favouring incumbency in your federal legislatures, which are at the same time institutions of ill repute.

The She-Hag versus Double-Talk Donald.  Plus up to six hundred and thirty five grey nags thence incumbent. The budget and the trough. What's the difference?

You poor people.  

Edited by william.scherk
Grrrrammar, illustrations, adverbs. Changed 'loveseat' to 'bed' ... despite added ick factor. Replaced 'like to eat horsemeat' with 'like to eat old horse meat' ...

• 2 weeks later...

I will bet a dollar and a doughnut she is not indicted....

10 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I'll bet if she is it won't make any difference. In 1992 everybody knew Bill was a liar and he and she were likely even worse than that. Now everybody knows they're criminals. She's more evil than he as long as he's with her.

--Brant

11 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Me, too. Not indicted.

Her campaign will continue to crash.

Obama will let her know she can take medical leave or go to prison.

She will take medical leave.

Sometime before January she will recieve an Opardon.

4 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Me, too. Not indicted.

Her campaign will continue to crash.

Obama will let her know she can take medical leave or go to prison.

She will take medical leave.

Sometime before January she will recieve an Opardon.

You made a definite prediction.  Now we will see if it is right.  If she runs and loses, your prediction is wrong.  If she runs and wins  your prediction is wrong.

4 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

• 5 weeks later...

From Fox:

Top IT official: Disabling security for Clinton server laid out 'welcome mat' for hackers
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/25/top-it-official-disabling-security-for-clinton-server-laid-out-welcome-mat-for-hackers.html?intcmp=hpbt1

[...]

He was referring to revelations from new court-released documents in a lawsuit by conservative watchdog Judicial Watch. They show the State Department temporarily turned off security features in 2010 so that emails from then-Secretary of State Clinton's personal server would stop going to the department's spam folders. 

Gourley, who has more than two decades of cybersecurity experience and is now a partner with strategic consulting and engineering firm Cognitio, noted the Russians did breach the State Department system at some point – though it’s unclear when, and whether disabling the security functions in 2010 played a role.

He said, though, that when the Russian presence was detected in 2014, there were indications “they had been there for quite a while … [and] also hacked into unclassified systems in the White House.” He said the Russians would have tried “everything possible to get in.”

Gourley said: "A professionally run system is going to keep their defenses up all the time to at least make it hard on them.”   [...]

15 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

This is a good video summarizing the Benghazi report, Hannity speaking to Congressman Mike Pompeo:

This will not impact Hillary's chances measurably.  It happened too long a go,  and very few people care...

26 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

This will not impact Hillary's chances measurably.  It happened too long a go,  and very few people care...

Unfortunately, I think you're right.  It's unfortunate because it doesn't seem like the American people will hold her accountable, and the polls (who they will vote for) reflect that many won't.  Perhaps Trump could sway this some, but the problem is there is a large cross section that won't even look.

(I still think Trump will win, though.)

20 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

Unfortunately, I think you're right.  It's unfortunate because it doesn't seem like the American people will hold her accountable, and the polls (who they will vote for) reflect that many won't.  Perhaps Trump could sway this some, but the problem is there is a large cross section that won't even look.

(I still think Trump will win, though.)

Be careful what you wish for.  The Donald does not have the least conception of the constitutional legal limits of the office for which he is running.  He sounds as if he thinks he can rule by  decree.  If he wins  he must be careful.  Not only do the Democrats want to get rid of him,  but so do most of the people in the Republican Party apparatus.  It is conceivable that the Donald (if he wins)  may be the first President both impeached and removed from office.

Judge Jeanine Pirro says Hillary will not be indicted, despite the appearance the AG, and gives her reasons why.. including a mention of Obama:

All signs are pointing to Hillary coming away with a massive reversal with the e-mail scandal and the Trump camp needs to rethink their strategy with the blame--it might end up biting them in the ass toward the end of the year even though Hillary is guilty as hell.

48 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

Judge Jeanine Pirro says Hillary will not be indicted, despite the appearance the AG, and gives her reasons why.. including a mention of Obama:

All signs are pointing to Hillary coming away with a massive reversal with the e-mail scandal and the Trump camp needs to rethink their strategy with the blame--it might end up biting them in the ass toward the end of the year even though Hillary is guilty as hell.

Of course.  The Fix is in....

Judge Napolitano is hopeful for Justice, says Lynch's announcement is "very bad news for Clinton," and that there is sufficient evidence for both indictment and conviction:

And I'll need to change some of my statements above after more news has surfaced (more context), that Hillary is expected to meet with the FBI this weekend, and reading that the FBI wants to move on this quick, some saying before the DNC at the end of the month.  Whether Lynch will act on the FBI's recommendation, we'll just have to see..

2 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Something smells rotten about this whole thing..  still seems like she's working in the excluded middle here..

Madam Rubber Stamp.  Whatever happens it will not (she claims) be on her initiative.

Eric Bolling is filling in for Hannity and had a good panel discussion about the Lynch/Slick Willie meeting, they go so far to say Lynch sabotaged the investigation and how Lynch should be called as a witness in the case:

I've also read a couple articles saying Bill set this up on purpose hoping to set off a chain of events that would lead to Lynch recusing herself or being taken off the case, thus delaying the investigation for as much as possible--until after the election.  I don't know how likely this would be, the FBI agents are already furious about the event and would likely reassemble with a fervor.

This tweet just showed up on Donald Trump's feed 3 minutes ago, that Hillary won't be charged.

The news of the hour is that Mrs Clinton will face no criminal charges, despite breaking rules, despite the acknowledged misuse of her 'personal server' for transmitting classified documents. 

So -- the sword of official justice is put back on its wall-mounts, so to speak. The court of public opinion is now in session.

sheriff-clipart-sheriff-badge-sheriff-lo

-- the FBI director's full statement here. Excerpt from its intro:

After a tremendous amount of work over the last year, the FBI is completing its investigation and referring the case to the Department of Justice for a prosecutive decision. What I would like to do today is tell you three things: what we did; what we found; and what we are recommending to the Department of Justice.

This will be an unusual statement in at least a couple ways. First, I am going to include more detail about our process than I ordinarily would, because I think the American people deserve those details in a case of intense public interest. Second, I have not coordinated or reviewed this statement in any way with the Department of Justice or any other part of the government. They do not know what I am about to say.

The meat of the offering is revealed at the end. Surely this will satisfy no-one with a Red Hat, nor will it satisfy the 106% of the population that loves the phrase Crooked Hillary. I mean, come on -- this is America. The hoopla over Mrs Clinton's reckless and self-serving behaviour will continue long past her political death.   Survey says.

So, Mr Comey, after serving meat sandwiches to Trump Hats and the meme-ish, turns to pabulum. Predictable? Ask Nate Silver.

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.

I know there will be intense public debate in the wake of this recommendation, as there was throughout this investigation. What I can assure the American people is that this investigation was done competently, honestly, and independently. No outside influence of any kind was brought to bear.

I know there were many opinions expressed by people who were not part of the investigation—including people in government—but none of that mattered to us. Opinions are irrelevant, and they were all uninformed by insight into our investigation, because we did the investigation the right way. Only facts matter, and the FBI found them here in an entirely apolitical and professional way. I couldn’t be prouder to be part of this organization.

Estrellas-Montreal-Smoked-Meat-8.jpg

Edited by william.scherk
Added link and excerpt of FBI statement; added video of the delivered remarks; added ultimate paragraphs from FBI director; added meat sandwich (from Estrella's in Montreal)