Let's clear things up

Who's the sociopath? - me or Hillary Clinton? me or John Corzine? me or Sonia Sotomayor?

Or all of the above?

Please try to think a minute. Government is not a personal genie at your beck and call to fight crime, right wrongs, or defend your community. In fact it shirks most of its duties and couldn't stop two separate attacks on the World Trade Center in 1993 and 2001, the latter perpetrated by ringleaders and flight school students known to the FBI.

The purpose of a constitution is to restrain government, not to adjudicate the internal affairs of foreign nations, nor to tax Peter to pay Paul, with ever-increasing numbers of beneficiaries and fewer taxpayers, all of it hopelessly upside down financially today.

Jeez, Jonathan, use your noodle.

You're making irrational inferences. I've said nothing about the issues that you mention above. I've simply pointed out the fact that the question of certain individuals possibly being sociopaths is not an either/or proposition: the fact that some government officials are sociopaths doesn't eliminate the possibility that an opponent of the existence of their offices and use of power may also be a sociopath. Understand?

It does not logically follow that if Hillary is a sociopath then you are therefore not one. Your opposition to Hillary's violations and abuses of her fellow human beings, and to her lack of regret, doesn't suggest that you are in principle opposed to violating and abusing others. In fact, your writings suggest that you're quite comfortable with, if not proud of, the idea of your own violations and abuses of others, as well as "Rex's," and that you have no sense of regret, and therefore your gripe with Hillary and her ilk really seems to be nothing more than jealousy of the fact that they are massively successful professionals at conning and shafting their fellow human beings where you're just a penny ante failure at it.

J

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you get over that crap about your creativity being shot

It is, unfortunately. Not much I can do about it.

Give it up. Surrender and admit defeat. I'm trying to make dinner, cauliflower and pork chops. Panting, thickheaded, sick, vulnerable, and lying to my wife that I'm okay. Later: we got through dinner okay. Time heals all headaches. Okay, that's another lie. I did some arithmetic last month. Three hundred and thirty thousand cigarettes and a couple hundred cigars. [Eggshell, p.7]

Who's the sociopath? - me or Hillary Clinton? me or John Corzine? me or Sonia Sotomayor?

Or all of the above?

J

From the top, ladies. 5,6,7,8...

When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way...

Members of OL, take a few minutes and browse through "Wolf's" history of posts here. Notice anything missing? Are there any common human characteristics that everyone else here has but which are absent from "Wolf's" posts? Compare, say, Bill Scherk's writings to "Wolf's." What does Billy have in spades that "Wolf" totally lacks?

J

Identity? There is no real sense of a person that I got when he contacted me by PM some time ago using what I assume was his real name. Pen name? Sure. Pen person? That would take a hell of a lot of imagining. The concentration required would be so staggering he'd have to go away and regroup every now and then.

--Brant

The Mystery Objectivist?

But what I'm asking is, what specific element of "identity" is missing? What do most people do that "Wolf" does not? His lack of it is even more conspicuous given the fact that it's usually a primary trait in artistic/creative people.

J

your gripe with Hillary and her ilk really seems to be nothing more than jealousy of the fact that they are massively successful professionals at conning and shafting their fellow human beings where you're just a penny ante failure at it.

That doesn't make a hoot of sense. My writing is personal memoir, literary fiction, polemic, and quite a bit of humor.

Get it? - writer.

your gripe with Hillary and her ilk really seems to be nothing more than jealousy of the fact that they are massively successful professionals at conning and shafting their fellow human beings where you're just a penny ante failure at it.

That doesn't make a hoot of sense. My writing is personal memoir, literary fiction, polemic, and quite a bit of humor.

Get it? - writer.

Is everything that you write fiction, including your posts here, and your "constitution," and your stated ideological views, and your accounts of real events and of your personal and professional histories? Are you playing the role of a fictional person and never stepping out of character? If so, then I've definitely misunderstood you. And if not, then please indicate which of your writings and your postings here are not pretend/fiction/bullshit and which are meant to represent what you actually believe.

J

indicate which of your writings and your postings here are not pretend/fiction/bullshit and which are meant to represent what you actually believe.

You bore me.

Fiction: Mars Shall Thunder, The Good Walk Alone

Autobiographical: First Feature, Dreamland

Polemic: LFC articles

Comedy: radio, TV, film, The All-Purpose Guide

Work for hire: newspapers, magazines, ad agencies, producers, broadcasters, corporate video, conferences

Philosophy: Laissez Faire Law, The Constitution of Government in Galt's Gulch

Every word posted on OL was truthful in the offer.

"In Print" (G21 Magazine, March 2000)

The miracle of seeing something I wrote, appearing in publication, is a heart-stopper. It looks like iron hammered into granite, permanent and irretrievable. Can't be erased by anything short of infamy and disgrace. Being a chicken, I don't have the guts to get it wrong. Every premise has to be right, or halfway logical, or at least truthful in the offer.

This is all well and good while I'm noodling, preparatory to writing. Sitting down at the keyboard bumps the ante, like a high-stakes poker game. And nothing is scarier than betting my final Hit the Send Button version of an idea. Most of the web looks cheery and benign by comparison, especially mainstream stuff like girlie pictures and discount books. But not me. Not the least bit cheery (and dangerous to boot). I bet my reputation on a stud poker hand, claiming to know something about justice. Maybe I do.

Justice is the armed defense of innocent liberty.

Keep in mind that there are five terms involved in that proposition. The easiest one to grasp is the term being defined: justice. Broadly speaking, justice is an action. It doesn't happen by itself. People have to do it willfully and thoughtfully. Now, what kind of action? Armed defense. That means kicking somebody's butt, like George III, Adolph Hitler, or a garden variety thug. Why? In defense of innocent liberty. Not everybody's liberty, just the innocent (mostly women and children). Why defend the innocent? Because they can't successfully defend themselves. They need our help...

Or all of the above?

J

From the top, ladies. 5,6,7,8...

When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way...

Members of OL, take a few minutes and browse through "Wolf's" history of posts here. Notice anything missing? Are there any common human characteristics that everyone else here has but which are absent from "Wolf's" posts? Compare, say, Bill Scherk's writings to "Wolf's." What does Billy have in spades that "Wolf" totally lacks?

J

Identity? There is no real sense of a person that I got when he contacted me by PM some time ago using what I assume was his real name. Pen name? Sure. Pen person? That would take a hell of a lot of imagining. The concentration required would be so staggering he'd have to go away and regroup every now and then.

--Brant

The Mystery Objectivist?

But what I'm asking is, what specific element of "identity" is missing? What do most people do that "Wolf" does not? His lack of it is even more conspicuous given the fact that it's usually a primary trait in artistic/creative people.

J

Now we have a seeming congruence. Wolf claims his creativity is shot. Maybe he can put back in what's missing if you share what I at least can't fathom. My creativity seems to spring from my subconscious, frequently expressed in vivid dreams. If I were a painter I'd paint my dreams.

--Brant

Wolf writes:

For an Objectivist, the prospect of joining Galt's Gulch is an easy decision.

From reading Atlas Shrugged it seemed to me that Galt's Gulch is something to build rather than to join, because the characters in Ayn Rand's novel do not exist in real life. However the ideals they represent do exist as qualities worthy of aspiration even if their perfection is unattainable.

For any business transaction to take place, the participants must first share the same values. Otherwise there is no trust, and without trust there can be no transaction.

Now the questions which arise concerning trust are where, when, and whom to trust. Just as the trustworthy know to trust the trustworthy... the untrustworthy also recognize their own kind and place their trust in them.

That's the valuable lesson in the experiences you've been sharing here, Wolf.

Greg

Maybe he can put back in what's missing if you share what I at least can't fathom.

-- or maybe it's just an Argument From Intimidation. Scherk has something in spades.

I do not engage William except tangentially. I refuse to get buried.

A lot of ad hominem has come to OL.

--Brant

Wolf writes:

Concluding that I trusted Rex is kinda silly. Orlin published my work. I campaigned for an independent judiciary.

But the idea of Galt's Gulch they represented to you did hold an appeal. And that's why it was an easy decision to join them.

The ideals you championed didn't have enough leverage to influence others because you joined what they were creating... they didn't join what you were creating. A tail does not possess the mechanical advantage necessary to wag a dog.

However, you would hold the power to set the moral tone if others were joining with you in what you took the personal initiative to create on your own.

When I don't see Galt's Gulch anywhere in this world and won't settle for anything less, that's just fine... because I can build it myself in my own life regardless of what others choose to do with their lives.

Greg

Wolf writes:

Probably my fault. I like Michael's forum, felt free to speak here.

This is a perfect example of what I was just referring to. Michael set the tone here which encouraged you to feel comfortable enough to share your experiences, because this place is his creation. :smile:

...and there's never a need to apologize for pissing off Jonathan. You're just giving him a reason to exist. :wink:

Greg

Jonathan asked: Are you playing the role of a fictional person and never stepping out of character?
end quote

Wolf answered Jonathan: Every word posted on OL was truthful in the offer.
end quote

In the offer? How many ways can a prudent person take that claim? Is he ever going to be truthful? That’s not his game. Wolf portraying an online, fictional character is one possibility. Like Joaquin Phoenix on late night TV, he plays a part whenever he is in front of the camera. Or in this case Wolf is hamming it up on his self-initiated thread. I can imagine the rapper Snoop Wolf chanting:
“In the offing. In the coffer. See my gang? I’ll take your profit.”

Now for more not serious questions. Wolf, is your favorite flower the Venus Fly Trap? I am interested in people who dance around the truth but my waning interest is to simply discern their motives. Is your motive to take their allotted *foolish money* and to bask in their attention? Will you set up a seflie cam so your fans can see your face when you read their questions? Zzzzz.
Peter

indicate which of your writings and your postings here are not pretend/fiction/bullshit and which are meant to represent what you actually believe.

You bore me.

Well, then, let me excite you with some DeVoon-style statements of my accomplishments!

First of all, after high school, I went to Harvard and then to Julliard. After taking off several years, I went to Berkeley.

After graduating, I immediately transitioned to working professionally as a writer, photographer, illustrator, musician and fine arts sculptor and painter. My writings and photos have appeared in too many publication for me to count, none of them self-published. My photos and illustrations have won coveted awards, and have appeared in news stories, in magazines and on billboards. As an illustrator, I've sold my work to Lucas and to Spielberg, and I've visited the homes and studios of fellow illustrators who are world famous, and shared ideas and techniques with them. My original music has received radio air time on legitimate commercial FM stations. The sculptures that I created for Mayo are publicly visible 24/7.

My first public exhibition of my visual art was at the Minnesota State Capital building when I was only 16 years old. Since then my art has appeared in prestigious galleries all over the U.S. My art hangs in the offices of some of the greatest businessmen in America. One of my photographs was given as a personal gift to a very wealthy and productive man who was once an influential advisor to the president, and the photo still hangs in his office. He enjoys my art and has been very generous to me and my wife, allowing us to use his Sausalito condo on the bay, and even dismissing his servants and preparing dinner for us himself.

I've also had some exciting adventures in my life. I've personally rescued many people from life-threatening situations. For example, I saved an innocent Somali family from great danger when no one else dared to. Others sat on their asses and watch as I went in and rescued them. I've similarly rescued endangered Liberians and vulnerable Cameroonians and Egyptians from near death. My friends say that they don't know if I'm brave or stupid, and they beg me to never do such risky things again.

I'm also quite athletic. I still hold a few sports records from back during my senior year in high school and the following year. I hit so had that I broke my right hand (my painting hand!) on the skull of my opponent early in a boxing match, but continued on disputed the pain, and eventually KO'd him and left a welt on his head the size of an ostrich egg. At one point he had broken my jaw, but that didn't really do anything but piss me off and motivate be to punch harder. The nice thing is that my broken hand healed in a way which made the bones about twice as thick and strong as they had been prior to the fight.

All of the above statements are true. Some are the whole truth, where others are DeVoonian statements which are technically true.

Fiction: Mars Shall Thunder, The Good Walk Alone

Autobiographical: First Feature, Dreamland

Polemic: LFC articles

Comedy: radio, TV, film, The All-Purpose Guide

Work for hire: newspapers, magazines, ad agencies, producers, broadcasters, corporate video, conferences

Philosophy: Laissez Faire Law, The Constitution of Government in Galt's Gulch

Every word posted on OL was truthful in the offer.

Heh. "Truthful in the offer"? What a Clintonesque douchebag.

Anyway, Pup, go back and read your posts here and your quoting of your alleged nonfictional works, and maybe pay attention to what you've written and the positions you've taken. Either you have the memory of a fucking gnat, or you're incapable of coherently writing what you mean to say.

J

Wolf writes:

Probably my fault. I like Michael's forum, felt free to speak here.

This is a perfect example of what I was just referring to. Michael set the tone here which encouraged you to feel comfortable enough to share your experiences, because this place is his creation. :smile:

...and there's never a need to apologize for pissing off Jonathan. You're just giving him a reason to exist. :wink:

Greg

Where did you get the idea that I'm pissd off, Apey? I'm laughing at "Wolf." You're confusing your being pissed off with my emotional state. I don't think you've ever heard of it, but it's called "projection." You should do a Google search on the topic and then have someone intelligent read it for you and explain it to you.

J

Jonathan writes:

I went to Harvard and then to Julliard. After taking off several years, I went to Berkeley.

No wonder you're a flaming liberal.

You were educated by the government.

Greg

Or was I? Remember, I said that some of my statements were DeVoonian technical truths rather than the whole truth. I said that I "went" to Harvard, Julliard and Berkely, not that I enrolled in or attended any courses at those institutions.

J