Putin now world's most powerful leader...

moralist

America has just suffered another catastrophic loss...

In 2001, America lost its moral protection.

In 2008, America lost its moral financial providence.

In 2015, America lost its moral authority to lead the world.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/29/obama-has-turned-putin-into-the-worlds-most-powerful-leader/

Greg

Pictures and a thousand words...

russia-usa_.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind who is the Alpha male in this photo...look at the body language and the line of the eyes...

The Bear meets his next meal...

We are doomed under this pussy...

A...

Adam writes:

We are doomed under this pussy...

It's good to realize that pussy was elected twice by the political majority of feminized leftist pussies who share both his values and his world view...

...so they are doomed, not the Americans, and certainly not me.

Greg

come on Greg, that was a batting practice lobbed pitch - you can hit it better than that!!!!

vader_zpse452acac.gif

Ho, hum. America has lost its moral authority to an ex-KGB thug? America is a country and Putin is a person. The country doesn't gain or lose respecting a person. Now, America has lost its moral authority to Russia because of Obama? Same mistake. It's the fallacy of mixed categories. (I don't know the technical name for that.)

--Brant

Ho, hum. America has lost its moral authority to an ex-KGB thug? America is a country and Putin is a person. The country doesn't gain or lose respecting a person. Now, America has lost its moral authority to Russia because of Obama? Same mistake. It's the fallacy of mixed categories. (I don't know the technical name for that.)

--Brant

"Because the parts of a whole have a certain property, it is argued that the whole has that property. That whole may be either an object composed of different parts, or it may be a collection or set of individual members."

Example: Conventional warfare has killed many more people than nuclear warfare. Therefore, a conventional bomb is more lethal than a nuclear bomb.

Darth Vadar should sign up for the Bluejays!

Lol - they already have 4 of his prototype...toughest center of a lineup that I have seen in years.

From 2-5 is devastating.

A...

Brant writes:

Ho, hum. America has lost its moral authority to an ex-KGB thug?

Nope.

America forfeit it's moral authority PERIOD.

By default, Putin just happened to be the next strongest influence around when it happened. And now he's the strongest, but not because he's strong...

... only because degenerate America is weak.

Can I file for PTSD reparations from this O'bama Presidency?

Victims of it want to know and we want to know now....!

Yeah but. The Christophile comes in the tent with certainty that America is already being punished for moral depravity, starting with the events of 9/11. Now he supports his moral depravity theory with a picture of two guys. One is executive at the world's largest armed forces. The other is executive to a renegade state, which state is weaker that it was under communist dictatorship.

The guy on the right leads the NATO alliance now being petitioned by Sweden and Finland. The guy on the left is fearful of the Western world.

Every single OLer who voted in the last two US executive elections disdains and abhors Obama (except Michael Marotta). This group is repulsed by Obama. This is all great stuff, true to form, sincerely held and felt.

My larger point is that Obama is a cipher in Moralist's argument. Take Obama away and the Moralist argument remains. America is fucked and deserving of everything coming its way. Start with the crash and burn of the entire US economy on September 14th. That economic catastrophe had nothing to do with Obama ...

Back to Putin. He is in charge of failure on all fronts. His economy is fucked by sanctions and its own actions. The Russian currency is fucked. The Russian foreign policy is based on 'getting back' what it has lost in terms of influence, power and glory. Will Russia get back its power over the Baltics and Eastern Europe? Will its pitiful 'Eurasian Union' every achieve a tenth of the power and influence of the European Union?

I almost think that Greg's end-times whoopee mirrors the Obama end-times whoopee. Everything confirms the theory. Nothing can discomfirm it whatsoever. America is fucked nine ways to Sunday.

Rubbing my eyes and shaking my head, I can understand how appealing is the total collapse of America -- it is like the ISIS end-times whoopee -- death, destruction, Gog and Magog, yadda yadda yadda. How exactly this wishful thinking applies to Russia, I don't know. By pretending that Putin is winning at his game, the dark fantasies darken even more.

Where is reason in all this? I would suggest that it is absent.

Edited by william.scherk

Back to Putin. He is in charge of failure on all fronts. His economy is fucked by sanctions and its own actions. The Russian currency is fucked. The Russian foreign policy is based on 'getting back' what it has lost in terms of influence, power and glory. Will Russia get back its power over the Baltics and Eastern Europe? Will its pitiful 'Eurasian Union' every achieve a tenth of the power and influence of the European Union?

William, are you aware that the Soviets, under Putin, now have an Arctic military base, 130 Arctic air fields and 4 newly formed combat brigades, "The first motorized rifle arctic brigade will be deployed in 2015, Russian Ground Forces Chief Col Gen Alexander Postnikov said on Tuesday. Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20120221/171440711.html#ixzz3neJuIGFm

We, are being encircled.

Step back and take a look at the global map and it's trade routes.

Suez - circle tightening;

Panama - sealed;

Mediterranean routes marginal;

Indian Ocean routes adequate at this time;

South China Sea - marginal;

Black Sea - a Russian Lake; and

Pacific - secure.

A...

just the tip of the point in the spear.

Brant writes:

Ho, hum. America has lost its moral authority to an ex-KGB thug?

Nope.

America forfeit it's moral authority PERIOD.

By default, Putin just happened to be the next strongest influence around when it happened. And now he's the strongest, but not because he's strong...

... only because degenerate America is weak.

I figured something was wrong.

--Brant

59 years ago

There are plenty on the loony left (from Anti-Imperialist U) who snuggle with Putin and the notion of Resistance to the West. They get hard when Russia acts tough.

I foresee grave danger ahead for Russia. The next ten years will see instability of the kind Putin fears most. This is not a brave or principled state under Putin, this is not a Great Russia, it is an aberration to my eyes, most dangerous to itself, in a bit of a delusion.

I am not impressed with bellicosity traduced with fear, nor am I anything but amused that Putin thinks he will bring Russia to its former might and respect in the world. Look at his allies and closest friends. They do not impress the world as America or the West writ large impresses. The Russia of today is no model for anyone but Belarus, and even Belarus isn't having any. No one seeks to emigrate to Russia. No refugees clamour for its protection. Its social indicators continue downward ... health, life expectancy, fertility, infrastructure. The big lie is fed to Russians that they are rich and mighty. They were mighty. They were world-striding. They are no more. There is no growth in anything but propaganda and internal PR.

It is embarrassing to me to see Americans run down their country and build up a thug and a coward like Putin. I understand why Greg+God does it, cause it fits Shmita whoopee, but fuck. Maybe someone will explain what I am missing.

Now, as to the changes your country can make starting in 2017, I say have at 'er. You have a chance to overturn eight years of foreign policy failure (stop gay marriage for starters, stat). I sure hope you all pick a steely-hearted and steely-minded personality to bring Putin's adventurousness to an end. If you see only weakness in America, then fight hard to install someone truly strong. You need someone fierce if not fearsome.

I liken American policy to the movements of the world's heaviest tanker. It is not an easy beast to steer. It takes a long time to execute a turn.

-- to the points, Adam, from your Sputnik item -- I'd say give yourself a metric to compare the Soviet Arctic and the Russian Arctic, what was achieved in the past, and what could be resurrected in the future, and what is growing and dynamic. The present deployment of resources at best aims to re-inhabit bases closed, to my eyes. I don't, on balance find the Russian PR about its Arctic superiority to be much more than chest-beating for its own internal audiences and Lefties with Hard-ons. The only thing it does is bring its neighbours closer and closer to its former enemies.

You will be interested to read of the first instance of the scary Arctic deployment, from Radio-Canada International: Russia moves first troops to Arctic base near Finnish border -- especially in the context of an historic change in Finland attitudes. It looks like they will seek to join NATO. Another Russian blunder. See also a more trenchant take on the Arctic ambitions in a Brookings piece: Russia's Arctic illusions, It's from August this year. It's pithy and convincing.

Anyway, all of this is sort of besides the point and probably not what you are looking for. What remains is Greg telling us that America has lost its moral authority (whether or not Putin) and is waaay overdue for some Old-Testament Angry God punishment. Which removal to the plane of morality makes me dizzy. It's almost as if Greg+God relish the humiliations imagined and prophesied.

Yikes.

What moral standing does Russia have in the Objectivist scheme of things? That question is about my only useful addition to discussion. Besides this cool graphic that shows the relative density of the world's commercial sea traffic (from Wiki's Sea article).

Shipping_routes_red_black.png
Edited by william.scherk

William writes:

The Christophile comes in the tent with certainty that America is already being punished for moral depravity, starting with the events of 9/11.

Your implication is that what happens to America is capricious and arbitrary, when it is no different than what happens when someone drives on the wrong side of the road, or steps off of a cliff.

It's almost as if Greg+God relish the humiliations imagined and prophesied.

It would seem like that to an amoral secularist whose god is the bureaucracy on which he suckles, when in reality it is a love of moral justice.

And the just and deserved consequences of America's depravity are hardly imagined. Only a blind scribe couldn't see them. You simply can't see that in 2015, America has forfeit it's moral authority to lead the world. You can't see that it has betrayed its allies and has appeased and emboldened its enemies.

Greg

I am not impressed with bellicosity traduced with fear, nor am I anything but amused that Putin thinks he will bring Russia to its former might and respect in the world. Look at his allies and closest friends. They do not impress the world as America or the West writ large impresses. The Russia of today is no model for anyone but Belarus, and even Belarus isn't having any. No one seeks to emigrate to Russia. No refugees clamour for its protection. Its social indicators continue downward ... health, life expectancy, fertility, infrastructure. The big lie is fed to Russians that they are rich and mighty. They were mighty. They were world-striding. They are no more. There is no growth in anything but propaganda and internal PR.

So you are arguing that Putin seems hell bent on destroying himself with this action?

Vladimir Putin’s feared Spetsnaz unit and a covert para battalion ghosted into the war-torn country and are preparing for an all-out assault on rebels fighting the regime – including moderate units such as the western-backed Free Syrian Army.

A military source said last night: “Putin’s marines are there to guard the airbases they are using against ­sabotage by rebels. But Spetsnaz and air-assault troops are not there to provide security to static objects, they are extremely aggressive and highly trained.

“They are there to mop up after air strikes, call in air strikes, go on extremely covert missions against rebels and ultimately wipe them out.

I'll bet he is not worried about collateral damage, or, the world press.

Do you just eliminate raw physical conquest as option?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/putin-sent-feared-spetsnaz-special-6579970

A...

. . .

Every single OLer who voted in the last two US executive elections disdains and abhors Obama (except Michael Marotta). This group is repulsed by Obama. This is all great stuff, true to form, sincerely held and felt.

. . .

Well, not exactly. 2008, likewise voted Democratic, against the Republican ticket in 2012. Recently

On Putin in Syria, I expect annihilation of opposition to the local prince. The West is not willing to play the game of chicken with nuclear war over it. Fortunately, a few million Syrians have left. Russia and cooperation with it in the region may hasten the destruction of ISIS. William is right about all the failures of the prince of Russia, however. America will be better off getting its national debt under control, rather than setting out on new foreign wars (however good-hearted).

Stephen writes:

America will be better off getting its national debt under control, rather than setting out on new foreign wars (however good-hearted).

That's never going to happen with over half the population being given government benefits every month.

America has become a nation of government fundsucking parasites.

Greg

This is the concluding paragraph of an interesting analysis of the "Syrian situation:"

Finally, we need to see Putin for who he is. Stop saying that we want to better understand Russian motives. The Russians know their objective very well: Secure their interests in the Middle East by any means necessary. What’s not clear about that?

Understanding Russia is well beyond the skill set of President O'bama. Evita has sluiced as much as she can out of Russia into the Clinton Crime Family Foundation [CCFF] and she is clueless as to Putin's nature.

Putin’s move into Syria is old-fashioned great-power politics. (Yes, people do that in the 21st century.) There is a domestic benefit to him, but he is not externalizing his problems at home. Russian domestic and international policies have always been inextricably linked. Russia feels strong at home when it is strong abroad — this is Putin’s plea to his propagandized population — and the Russian people buy it, at least for now. Russia is a great power and derives its self-worth from that. What else is there? When is the last time you bought a Russian product that wasn’t petroleum? Moscow matters again in international politics, and Russian armed forces are on the move.

William mentioned that Putin will "regret" this move because his economy is tanking, etc.

However, team O'bama consistently attempts to make the world react to his delusional script.

The fact is that Putin is playing a weak hand extraordinarily well because he knows exactly what he wants to do. He is not stabilizing the situation according to our definition of stability. He is defending Russia’s interests by keeping Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in power. This is not about the Islamic State. Any insurgent group that opposes Russian interests is a terrorist organization to Moscow. We saw this behavior in Ukraine, and now we’re seeing it even more aggressively — with bombing runs and cruise missile strikes — in Syria.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-to-counter-putin-in-syria/2015/10/08/128fade2-6c66-11e5-b31c-d80d62b53e28_story.html?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_opinions

A...