A few political songs

Derek McGowan

Excellent Derek...

Regina has a good voice and Norah's voice and piano is exquisite - you have good taste in music.

A...

Excellent Derek...

Regina has a good voice and Norah's voice and piano is exquisite - you have good taste in music.

A...

Norah is one of the very few whose albums I buy as soon as they release sight unseen. She is also the only person who I would care to pay 100+ for a concert ticket

That Norah Jones song was very good. I wrote to Romney to use Sweet Haven, (the theme from the movie, Popeye by Nillsen) as his theme song. He didn't - so he lost.

Peter

Presidential campaign songs from Wikipedia.
1824 and 1828: Andrew Jackson: "The Hunters of Kentucky" (Samuel Woodworth)
1840: William Henry Harrison: "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too" (Alexander Coffman Ross)
1860: Abraham Lincoln: "Lincoln and Liberty" (Jesse Hutchinson of the Hutchinson Family Singers)
1864: Abraham Lincoln: "Battle Cry of Freedom" (George F. Root)
1928: Al Smith: "Sidewalks of New York"
1932: Franklin D. Roosevelt: "Happy Days Are Here Again"
1948: Harry S Truman: "I'm Just Wild About Harry"
1960: John F. Kennedy: "High Hopes"
1964: Lyndon B. Johnson: "Hello Lyndon" (Jerry Herman)
1964: Barry Goldwater: "Go with Goldwater" (Tom McDonnell and Otis Clements)
1968: Richard Nixon: "Nixon's the One" (Moose Charlap and Alvin Cooperman)
1972: Richard Nixon: "Nixon Now"
1972: George McGovern: "Bridge over Troubled Water" (Paul Simon)
1976: Jimmy Carter: "Ode to The Georgia Farmer" (K.E. and Julia Marsh)
1976: Gerald Ford: "I'm Feeling Good about America" (Robert K. Gardner)
1980: Ronald Reagan "California Here We Come"
1984: Walter Mondale "Gonna Fly Now"
1988: George H. W. Bush: "This Land Is Your Land" (Woody Guthrie)
1988: Michael Dukakis: "America" (Neil Diamond)
1992: Bill Clinton: Don't Stop (Fleetwood Mac)
1992: Ross Perot: Crazy (Patsy Cline)
1996: Bob Dole: "Dole Man" (Sam and Dave)
1996: Bill Clinton: "This is the Moment" (Frank Wildhorn)
2000: George W. Bush: "I Won't Back Down" (Tom Petty) (Who threatened to sue Bush if he did not stop using the song. Petty then performed the song at Al Gore's home minutes after he conceded the election.), "We the People" (Billy Ray Cyrus), "Right Now" (Van Halen)
2000: Al Gore: "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" (Bachman–Turner Overdrive),"Let the Day Begin" (The Call)
2004: George W. Bush: "Only in America" (Brooks & Dunn), "Wave on Wave" by Pat Green
2004: John Kerry: "No Surrender" (Bruce Springsteen) [1], "Fortunate Son" by John Fogerty, Beautiful Day by U2
2008: John McCain: "Take Us Out" by Jerry Goldsmith, "Take A Chance On Me" (ABBA), "Our Country" (John Mellencamp), "Raisin' McCain" (John Rich)
2008: Barack Obama: "Yes We Can" (will.i.am featuring various artists), "Better Way" (Ben Harper), "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" (Stevie Wonder), "City of Blinding Lights" (U2), "Higher and Higher" (Jackie Wilson), "Think" (Aretha Franklin), "The Rising" (Bruce Springsteen), "Only in America" (Brooks & Dunn)
2008 primary candidates: Hillary Clinton: "You and I" (Celine Dion), "Takin' Care of Business" (Bachman–Turner Overdrive), "9 to 5"(Dolly Parton) and "American Girl"(Tom Petty); Chris Dodd: "Get Ready" and "Reach Out I'll Be There" by The Four Tops; John Edwards: "Our Country" by John Mellencamp; Rudy Giuliani: Take Us Out by Jerry Goldsmith (theme from "Rudy") and "Rudie Can't Fail" by The Clash; Mike Huckabee: "More Than A Feeling" by Boston (Tom Scholz of Boston asked Huckabee to stop using the song), Dennis Kucinich: "Give Peace a Chance" by John Lennon
2008 Cynythia McKinney (Green Party Nominee): "Power to the People" by John Lennon
2012: Mitt Romney: Born Free by Kid Rock and It's America by Rodney Atkins
2012: Barack Obama: We Take Care of Our Own by Bruce Springsteen