Lazy Fair City

Peter

Peter quotes:

Quote: Hazlitt relates that he was walking with Rand one day, and told her that Mises had told him, "Ayn Rand is one of the greatest men in history." "Did he say 'men'?" asked Rand. "Yes," Hazlitt responded. At which point Rand clapped her hands in glee.

End quote.

That's high praise in my opinion. :smile:

A woman who can think like a man is such a uniquely remarkable personal success, it has the power to shatter false paradigms.

In contrast, males who think like females are a dime a dozen because personal failure is far more common. You'll find them thick as flies on dung in the government.

Greg

Women who think like women . . . ?

"Women are prettier but I love the male mind."--Bette Davis

--Brant

Greg goes where wise men refuse to tread

Peter quotes:

Quote: Hazlitt relates that he was walking with Rand one day, and told her that Mises had told him, "Ayn Rand is one of the greatest men in history." "Did he say 'men'?" asked Rand. "Yes," Hazlitt responded. At which point Rand clapped her hands in glee.

End quote.

A woman who can think like a man is such a uniquely remarkable personal success, it has the power to shatter false paradigms.

In contrast, males who think like females are a dime a dozen because personal failure is far more common. You'll find them thick as flies on dung in the government.

Greg

And then there are the males who think like apes.

J

Hey, Pup, what did you have for supper?

"I hereby declare that if a man, due to lacking the proper ingredients, cannot have pancakes for supper as he had yearned, then, if he prefers, he might instead have leftover chili con carne, or peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches with crinkle-cut potato chips or cheezy puffs, and no agent of the police state shall deter him in his endeavor to so feast, and no obligation will be forced upon him in his free and voluntary selection of victuals, even if said selection is entirely fanciful and lacking in nutritional merit." [GOGAGG, p.238]

Um, but the questions was what you had for supper.

"It is a triviality that a few free, clever, individual diners might acquire items from the plates of chumps and overfed burghers who feel that they can tattle to the maître d'hôtel, and he, in turn, to the violent police state's thug representatives, about a single purloined french fry or dill pickle, when securing constitutional rights and ending systemic injustice is of much higher priority." [Blasé Blare Flaw, p.42]

Does that mean that you stole a french fry and a pickle from someone else's plate? Are you saying that that's what you had for supper?

"There is no right or wrong except that of wrongfully using the slaughterous police power of the state to penalize and persecute freemen. The act of a cleverly daring genius acquiring a mere fraction of a side dish or a condiment without permission, or even an apportionment of a waiter's gratuity left by a sap on a table unguarded, is an adorable trifle, and bringing down the full weight of government force upon his enchanting hijinks is an unmatched act of evil." [Blasé Blare Flaw, p.43]

In another thread, Adam remarked upon intriguing cases of 5-alpha-reductase deficiency, the genetic mutation that leads to "guevedoche" -- 'eggs at twelve'/balls at twelve.'

One of the older explanations of homosexuality was that a person of gender A was actually a gender B 'trapped' in the wrong body. In some ways, lay opinion continues to use this as a heuristic: A woman like Rosie O'Donnell then may have a 'male mind' in a female body. And a person like Jazz Jennings would have a girl's mind in a boy's body (and in this case, the parents accepted that Jazz's gender identity did not 'match' her body, and allowed her to begin a gender transition).

Jazz:

i-am-jazz-low-touch-banner.jpg

I think Greg would be satisfied with an explanation that God made these people, that the intersection of gender/sexuality/sexual orientation/physical conformity with gender is part of God's plan.

What makes this even more interesting (or puzzling) are the several distinct situations wherein the actual genetic sex (ie, XY or XX, but Klinefelter syndrome XXY and others, including Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, XX male syndrome, XXYY syndrome. XYY syndrome) does not lead to normal/expected development of secondary sexual characteristics in the womb or later at puberty.

This can result in situations in which a child is assumed to be male or female, but at puberty, the opposite development in genitalia occurs.

Some developmental disorders for which there is no particular genetic marker of course can result in 'intersex' babies, whose genetic gender does not unfold in the flesh, so to speak.

I do think there is a marginal utility in thinking about the 'male mind' in a 'female body' and vice-versa. Does research support this? Yes and no (details on request).

In this sense, then Greg should be wholly on board with appreciating a Man's Mind in lesbians ... leading to greater understanding of nature's tricks and puzzles, and a lessening of his anti-gay animus and moralizing.

However, I think Greg has stopped his thinking clock at his own silly and unsupported paradigm of the genesis of homosexuality (that child sexual abuse 'breeds' a same-sex attraction).

-- there are some terrific examples of "thread drift" here.

Edited by william.scherk

Peter quotes:

End quote.

Greg

And then there are the males who think like apes.

J

Thinking outside the box, J?--get back in!

--Brant

I don't know how apes think--have you been introspecting? (jab, jab)

William writes:

One of the older explanations of homosexuality ...

The secular left could find no one to better represent perversion than you.

You're a consummate spokeshole.

Oh no, an insult! Without content. Without sense. Without the ability to engage with and understand complex issues.

I'd say you think like an angry hormonal teenaged girl on curfew, all things considered. Do you ever wonder why many folks here think you are a fool and a bigot on these issues, sweetpie snoogy-face? It is in some measure because what passes for reasoning in your comments is indeed a perversion, a perversion of logic, a perversion of fact, a perversion of your god-given gifts of mind.

Have a nice week pining for disaster and destruction, precious girly-brained nutjob. You pollute this Objectivish list more and more. Congratulations on achieving a new high point of ignorance and prejudice.

Edited by william.scherk

Brant writes:

You're actually referring to females not women.

And they don't think... they feel. :wink:

Greg

In that case males do too.

Men--they think

Males--they feel

Women--they think

Females--they feel

Glad we got that straightened out!

--Brant

If you're a heterosexual who commits a homosexual act, that is perversion.

If you're a homosexual who commits a heterosexual act, that is perversion.

If you're a heterosexual who labels a homosexual who does not commit a heterosexual act a pervert that's a perversion (and a lie).

If you're a homosexual who labels a heterosexual a pervert for the perversion of perverting perversion--well, it's the truth but no juice.

The real pervert of course is the bisexual: everything is perversion.

Remember--it's all subjective!

--Brant

scratch a heterosexual pervert and you'll likely find all sexual congress is done with the lights off at night under the covers in the missionary position using a blow-up rubber doll

William writes:

Oh no, an insult! Without content. Without sense. Without the ability to engage with and understand complex issues.

Those who tell you issues are "complex" are liars...

...because it is impossible to for them to promote their perverted behavior without resorting to complexity.

Greg

Brant writes:

In that case males do too.

Men--they think

Males--they feel

Women--they think

Females--they feel

Glad we got that straightened out!

--Brant

You got it, Brant. :smile:

Males who failed to grow into men feel... they feel like females do.

Men and women are led by reason.

Males and females are led by emotion.

Greg

William writes:

...because it is impossible to for them to promote their perverted behavior without resorting to complexity.

Greg

Now, about Einstein and Relativity . . .

--Brant

Moral issues, Brant.

That's the context.

It takes endless convoluted complexity to promote and defend the lie that evil is good and good is evil.

William has the perfect mindset for it. He's every bloated parasite infested bureaucracy's wet dream of a model employee! :laugh:

Greg

William writes:

Greg, just because you don't want to take the time to think about the very real conditions I touched upon above -- real genetic mutations, real developmental disorders -- this doesn't mean that you can't come to a more reality-based understanding of human variety. If you applied yourself to understanding the very real and often distressing mix-ups/insufficiencies in people that I have noted, you would become a better commenter here at OL. You would gain more respect by augmenting your knowledge, updating it, considering things that are relatively unknown to you so far.

Your professional work with electricity should tell you that there is a downside to ignorance, and that complexity can be understood with practical application of your mind ... so when you say "Those who tell you issues are "complex" are liars," bear in mind that complexity is fact of many systems. The development of a human being from zygote to baby to child to adolescent to adult is in every case a wondrously complex thing.

So, is it that the existence of XX males and the other maybe jarring oddities/syndromes I mentioned something permanently beyond your comprehension -- or 'made up' by liars? Do you not find the issues of genetic mutation, developmental disorders in humans to be something you could understand if you applied yourself?

I mean I couldn't care less about your insults -- they show a dogged insistence on personalizing discussion to the detriment of reason and knowledge. It is uncanny, your emotional defense of your own ignorance and animus.

I note in passing that you obviously are having problems with the complexity of the forum software as it pertains to quoting ... do you need a little help figuring out the problem?

It takes endless convoluted complexity to promote and defend the lie that evil is good and good is evil.

William has the perfect mindset for it. He's every bloated parasite infested bureaucracy's wet dream of a model employee!

Is Klinefelter Syndrome 'evil,' Greg? Is Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome 'evil'? Is 5-alpha-reductase deficiency 'evil'? Maybe your God is punishing the children so affected by genetic mutation and developmental disorder for sins of the parents? Is Down's Syndrome 'evil'?

Here's a poser. Let's say your step-daughter gives birth to a baby which appears at birth to be a female of the species, but actually has an intersex condition, or one of the rare genetic anomalies I mentioned above. What would you do when confronted by that kind of reality? Or, let's say that genetic testing during pregnancy showed that the fetus showed evidence of 5-alpha-reductase deficiency? Wouldn't you rather understand the particular individual life-course ahead for that fetus?

Look in your heart, Greg, and have a frank discussion with yourself about that hypothetical. I bet it would show you that knowledge of a complex developmental disorder is a good thing to have. Understanding what the fetus would become (a "guevedoche" or a "mongoloid") would help you understand why the decision to terminate a pregnancy is such a heavy heavy thing. Your step-daughter would need all the knowledge and compassion you could muster as she looked ahead to the life of her son at puberty.

That is what reason is for, Greg. Learning, understanding, knowledge. I do wish you would set aside your prejudices and consider how you thwart your own good self when decrying people as 'bloated parasites' ...

An on-topic blast from the past, uploaded from the Wayback Machine's internet archive of the Laissez-Faire City website. This particular image map was first uploaded to LFC in 1997. You can see it in context and follow remaining links to other parts of the preserved site right here. Click the image to render it full size.

Net_Map.gif

An on-topic blast from the past, uploaded from the Wayback Machine's internet archive of the Laissez-Faire City website. This particular image map was first uploaded to LFC in 1997. You can see it in context and follow remaining links to other parts of the preserved site right here. Click the image to render it full size.

Net_Map.gif

OMG! There's absolutely nothing about that image or the preserved website that screams amateur hour and rip-off. Heh.

Were the so-called "whiz kids" actually kids? As in 4-year olds?

J

Look in your heart, Greg, and have a frank discussion with yourself about that hypothetical. I bet it would show you that knowledge of a complex developmental disorder is a good thing to have. Understanding what the fetus would become (a "guevedoche" or a "mongoloid") would help you understand why the decision to terminate a pregnancy is such a heavy heavy thing. Your step-daughter would need all the knowledge and compassion you could muster as she looked ahead to the life of her son at puberty.

That is what reason is for, Greg. Learning, understanding, knowledge. I do wish you would set aside your prejudices and consider how you thwart your own good self when decrying people as 'bloated parasites' ...

Honestly, William... the things you won't stoop to in order to promote your behavior.

Glad you took my last comments on board and had yourself a little two-minute thinkathon, Greg. Hope nothing got strained or out of alignment. Some people enjoy simmering in their own pot of stupid.