Precendent setting lesson for tyrants

Mikee

Obama Is Removing McKinley's Legacy From Hawaii, Not Just An Alaskan Mountain

From the article: "Barack Obama is no fan of McKinley, who practically overnight turned America into a "colonial power." Winning the Spanish-American War, the Republican leader took control of Puerto Rico, the Philippines, Guam and effectively Cuba, which became a U.S. protectorate."

Yes. One thing after another, always keep your opponent off balance. He doesn't act like a lame duck. Makes one wonder what that billion rounds of ammo to homeland security is for and whether there will even be an election next year. Is this stuff just a distraction?

[over active imagination...not paranoid... ...shit, maybe all those damned anarchists are on to something...] whistling in the dark.

"Opponent" is the key word, Mike. There is a spitefulness in this man to those who'd naysay him, I've seldom seen in a leader.

I have followed US politics since the Kennedy era, never have I seen a President as deliberately divisive of his country.

(Bring on Donald! er - Carly - anybody Republican -- please!).

"Opponent" is the key word, Mike. There is a spitefulness in this man to those who'd naysay him, I've seldom seen in a leader.

I have followed US politics since the Kennedy era, never have I seen a President as deliberately divisive of his country.

(Bring on Donald! er - Carly - anybody Republican -- please!).

Yes. The nihilism of the left has found its nadir in Obama. Perhaps, assuming the republic survives, the pendulum swings in the other direction. Or maybe human nature is not designed for peace and plenty. Not enough noble souls.

The whole McKinley thing is worse than I thought.

According to an article at LiveScience:

In 1975, the Alaska State Legislature filed a request with the United States Board on Geographic Names to officially rename the mountain Denali, but congressmen from McKinley's home state of Ohio blocked the measure. This same scenario has played out on an almost yearly basis in Washington, D.C., with Alaska legislators requesting a name change and Ohio legislators refuting the request.

This week's renaming of the mountain came about because U.S. Interior Secretary Sally Jewell, with the approval of President Obama, signed a secretarial order that bypassed the legislative filibuster and granted the name change requested by Alaska's state representatives.

The savage Wonkette had some ugly fun with Bristol Palin, who wrote reasonably and circumspectly about the mountain in a thoughtful Patheos article called Mr. President, Get Out of Alaska: You Have Bigger Mountains to Climb:

By the way, no one is buying the “Denali is what the Alaskans have called it for years” line. I’ve never called the mountain Denali .. and neither does anyone I know …

Wonkette noted that Bristol's mom Sarah Palin herself had referred to Denali in her farewell speech:

OH YEAH, BRISTOL? Maybe you were too busy getting knocked up by the Lord to know What Mountains Is Called, but your mother, your repugnant idiot mother, you know, that lady who ran Alaska for like seven minutes before she ran out to buy cigarettes and never came back, SHE KNOWS what the mountain is supposed to be called, and it’s called “Denali,” according to Alaskans. Look, here is your mommy, on video, quitting her job and saying “Denali”:

"Denali, The Great One, soaring under the midnight sun,” Sarah Palin says, right around the 1:25 mark. Did that sound like “Mt. McKinley” to you, Bristol? We know it’s hard to understand your mom sometimes, due to she don’t talk good, but she called it “Denali.” Also, too, Crooks & Liars reports that during that 2008 election she lost for John McCain, “Denali” was her Secret Service codename. Edited by william.scherk

William, is post number seven (7) all your words?

It is not clear to me where you are quoting a site and where you are the author.

A...

William, is post number seven (7) all your words?

It is not clear to me where you are quoting a site and where you are the author.

I tried to reformat the quotes that were indented into regular forum quoting, but got stuck in a hideous recursion, Adam, so I returned the post to its original formatting. The indented parts following URLs and a colon are to be attributed to the site or person preceding. Hope that makes sense.

-- like this ... the following is from Not Really Serious:

The latest census figures are not to be trusted, since they have been collected by an intrusive set of 33rd degree Masons. Masons, as all my readers know -- having read my book Masons Are Illuminati Shape-Shifters -- are actually non-human hybrids of Catholics, crocodilians, and ordinary kooks. The worst kinds of Masons are these census 'takers,' since their aim is to collect your souls, not information about you and your household.

The whole McKinley thing is worse than I thought.

According to an article at LiveScience:

In 1975, the Alaska State Legislature filed a request with the United States Board on Geographic Names to officially rename the mountain Denali, but congressmen from McKinley's home state of Ohio blocked the measure. This same scenario has played out on an almost yearly basis in Washington, D.C., with Alaska legislators requesting a name change and Ohio legislators refuting the request.

This week's renaming of the mountain came about because U.S. Interior Secretary Sally Jewell, with the approval of President Obama, signed a secretarial order that bypassed the legislative filibuster and granted the name change requested by Alaska's state representatives.

The savage Wonkette had some ugly fun with Bristol Palin, who wrote reasonably and circumspectly about the mountain in a thoughtful Patheos article called Mr. President, Get Out of Alaska: You Have Bigger Mountains to Climb:

By the way, no one is buying the “Denali is what the Alaskans have called it for years” line. I’ve never called the mountain Denali .. and neither does anyone I know …

Wonkette noted that Bristol's mom Sarah Palin herself had referred to Denali in her farewell speech:

OH YEAH, BRISTOL? Maybe you were too busy getting knocked up by the Lord to know What Mountains Is Called, but your mother, your repugnant idiot mother, you know, that lady who ran Alaska for like seven minutes before she ran out to buy cigarettes and never came back, SHE KNOWS what the mountain is supposed to be called, and it’s called “Denali,” according to Alaskans. Look, here is your mommy, on video, quitting her job and saying “Denali”:

"Denali, The Great One, soaring under the midnight sun,” Sarah Palin says, right around the 1:25 mark. Did that sound like “Mt. McKinley” to you, Bristol? We know it’s hard to understand your mom sometimes, due to she don’t talk good, but she called it “Denali.” Also, too, Crooks & Liars reports that during that 2008 election she lost for John McCain, “Denali” was her Secret Service codename.

Mt-Denial-600-LI.jpg