Source for recent SLOP post

Victor Pross

I just became aware that an old thread I started on SLOP is causing more moral condemnations of plagiary from SLOPPERS.

http://www.solopassion.com/node/1110

Here is something I wrote on OL earlier: Personal Statement about Plagiary.

If anyone ever becomes aware of a source that was not properly referenced in my past writing or my future writing, I would greatly appreciate it if they contacted me, please, so I can correct it immediately.

I would like to thank Peter Cresswell for pointing out the Toronto Sun article by Rachel Marsden where I got a few funny one-liners:

http://torontosun.com/News/Columnists/Mars...21/1543303.html

Funny stuff for all Objectivists to enjoy! Sadly, however, Cresswell wouldn't dare contact me if he could try to smear me instead, but even if he did, I wouldn't be able to correct that post since I am banned on SLOP. So, I am actually grateful to Cresswell to be able to correct it here.

I had forgotten about that post, but it reminds me of my point of view when I joined SLOP back in the day: I did view the whole site as one big email party, where one guy will email a joke or some series of one-liner gags to entertain someone else--but, in this case, the party is open to all. And hey, it still is, but now I am careful to include where I get material from. Of course, be reassured that I didn’t receive any passing grades on financial remuneration for the post--I was seeking only to entertain my then fellow SLOPPERS. Smile you guys, life is wonderful. :D

If anybody finds anything else, please feel free to contact me or, who knows, put it up as a smear. I am somewhat honored as to be seen as someone to squelch. ;)

Victor Pross

:blink: I saw that yesterday. Ignore it, Victor... so Chris Cathcart decided to try and make a funny, who cares? I'd imagine he considers it an example of his witty, dry, cocktail-party humour. But really, all he did was open up a coffin, and that's what it makes him smell like. Send him a hand buzzer or a whoopee cushion, maybe...something to keep him on his "A" game.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want to get a feeling for Chris Cathcart's super-zany aethetics of humor, he put up this (no doubt in between making farting noises under his armpit, and burning worms with a magnifying glass)...

http://www.solopassion.com/node/1662

Way to go, Ace!!

Edited by Rich Engle

Rich,

About your coffin remark, I hear what you’re saying: it is getting a little old and boring. I don’t think even Enron lasted this long. Hee-hee!

Strange, everybody still thinks I was tossed off SLOP when the fact of the matter is that I left of my own free-will—even at the behest of Perigo that I please stay on. I rejected his plea. So, the point is that Perigo didn’t really regard it as such a serious matter as he now makes it. As a rejected SLOPPER, I suppose it’s about putting up appearances. Oh, well.

Victor

EDIT: Rich, here's the funny thing: Cathcart argues like a hyped toastmaster on steroids-- and his polemical posts are usually longer than the OJ court transcripts. He must be really retarded. The man kills me. ;)

Edited by Victor Pross

He's probably just working off the rage from all those times the high school jocks gave him wedgies and knocked his books out his hands during class changes. We could send him a squirting carnation... wanna go in halfsies? :P