Iran publishes book on how to outwit the US and destroy Israel

moralist

It's not all that difficult for Iran to outwit America... after all, they're negotiating with a half wit and a nit wit. :laugh:

"While Secretary of State John Kerry and President Obama do their best to paper over the brutality of the Iranian regime and force through a nuclear agreement, Iran’s religious leader has another issue on his mind: The destruction of Israel. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has published a new book called “Palestine,” a 416-page screed against the Jewish state. A blurb on the back cover credits Khamenei as “The flagbearer of Jihad to liberate Jerusalem.” "

http://nypost.com/2015/08/01/iran-publishes-book-on-how-to-outwit-us-and-destroy-israel/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What one has to keep in mind is Kerry/Obama are True Believers in the redemption of wrong-doers. Which means they can subjectively believe one thing (vague promises made by iran's rulers) - while even more subjectively turning a deaf ear to another thing (clear, unabated threats made against two nations, their own in particular). It doesn't hurt either that this is exactly the sort of deal that will appeal to the Nobel Peace Prize commitee next year.

What one has to keep in mind is Kerry/Obama are True Believers in the redemption of wrong-doers. Which means they can subjectively believe one thing (vague promises made by iran's rulers) - while even more subjectively turning a deaf ear to another thing (clear, unabated threats made against other nations, their own in particular). It doesn't hurt either that this is exactly the sort of deal that will appeal to the Nobel Peace Prize commitee next year.

Lurch is also toying with a run for President Tony.

The Peace Prize seems to be the new marxist purple heart to build a campaign around.

Disgusting human beings.

Well, Lurch might opine that the opposition to the Iranian deal ensuring Iran gets or keeps the bomb, is a Carnival Conspiracy. Congress must demand the full treaty. And those parts that are not legitimately classified should be published. Just as the press publicized what was on Palestinian TV, even for children, what was in their proclamations and what their protests and celebrations were about (as when they hooped and hollered in glee when our World Trade Center buildings were destroyed) so we should demand true press coverage from Iran.

Congress must demand the full treaty.

Peter:

It is not a treaty.

A...

What one has to keep in mind is Kerry/Obama are True Believers in the redemption of wrong-doers. Which means they can subjectively believe one thing (vague promises made by iran's rulers) - while even more subjectively turning a deaf ear to another thing (clear, unabated threats made against other nations, their own in particular). It doesn't hurt either that this is exactly the sort of deal that will appeal to the Nobel Peace Prize commitee next year.

The Peace Prize seems to be the new marxist purple heart to build a campaign around.

Disgusting human beings.

Add to the above...What I find depressing is the fact that there's considerable time left for the current Administration to do much more damage. Barry's still committed to fundamentally changing America.

Sadly, their pens still have ink in them, at least until the next election.

Disgusting human beings.

Add to the above...What I find depressing is the fact that there's considerable time left for the current Administration to do much more damage. Barry's still committed to fundamentally changing America.

Sadly, their pens still have ink in them, at least until the next election.

This is exactly what the political majority demanded. They chose Obama because he best represents their anti-American values. So he's only fulfilling the mandate of the people.

America is no longer protected... and ripe for the picking.

Greg

Greg "This is exactly what the political majority demanded. They chose Obama because he best represents their anti-American values. So he's only fulfilling the mandate of the people.

True.

Plus all the voters who knew nothing of his philosophy but voted because he had a nice smile and/ or was African American.

Plenty of zombies in the under 30 group. Most couldn't even name some of the Founders/ Framers names.

-Joe

Jules wrote: Wonder how many Israeli Dolphin class subs with 250 kiloton warheads are within striking distance of Tehran hmm hmm hmmm? end quote

That would truly need to be in the last, last, last resort. Neither Israel or the United States would use a nuclear weapon because of the civilian deaths. I understand that Japanese military leaders were beyond obstinate in 1945 and cared virtually nothing for their civilian population . . . and the US was desperate to end the war. The long, historical justification for using nukes was that it prevented an invasion and 1 million additional allied casualties and 3 million more Japanese casualties.

Would Bebe use the same reasoning and nuke Iran IF their own annihilation were eminent? Would we nuke Iran if Washington DC were nuked by a terrorist and it could be traced back to Irans centrifuges? Obviously, the reality is that the crisis is not yet that bad, but it could be in a year. A conventional invasion of Iran by Israel or America, or by a coalition, would be under the threat of nuking by Iran . . . on their own soil, against the invaders. So, a preemptive strike is a possibility.

Would Bebe use the same reasoning and nuke Iran IF their own annihilation were eminent?

...only if he knew Israel would be annihilated if he didn't.

Question: Would Iran nuke Israel IF they knew their own annihilation would be eminent if they did?

Answer: Yes.

Greg

Peter:

Let's role play, you are the head of the President's National Security team.

Iran uses a tactical nuke and takes out a square mile of Seattle's downtown port frontage using a container tanker wherein it was secreted in a container marked blankets.

Your intelligence departments absolutely guarantee that it was sent by Iran's Kud force.

What is your final advice to your President today?

A...

Perfect J-man...

The drones could blast it as they zeroed in on Hominy Grits as he chants and feed the video to us as we visually sort through his body parts delivered to our home video system in hi-def slow mo looking for that evasive liver to sell to Planned Parenthood...

Speaking of music used in battle scenes...

I think this one is on the level of Flight of the Valkyries in Apocalypse Now...

http://www.openculture.com/2013/10/ride-of-the-valkyries-attack.html 

A...

Death to Planned Parenthood - now that is considered extreme??

Adam wondered: Let's role play, you are the head of the President's National Security team. Iran uses a tactical nuke and takes out a square mile of Seattle's downtown port frontage using a container tanker wherein it was secreted in a container marked blankets. Your intelligence departments absolutely guarantee that it was sent by Iran's Kud force. What is your final advice to your President today? end quote

Thanks for the video playing Flight of the Valkyries. Your scenario sounds like that Ben Afflicted movie where a vending machine sent to Baltimore was detonated. Was that Tom Clanceys, Sum of All Fears? My final advice to the President would probably be the same as yours. I would go by all the accumulated intelligence. At some (point after Not ingesting a pint) I would tell the military to fire on Iran, with the minimum ordinance necessary and to try and minimize the loss of innocent civilians.

Greg asked and answered: Question: Would Iran nuke Israel IF they knew their own annihilation would be eminent if they did? Answer: Yes. end quote

Phew! I would place the odds at 50 percent, not that I doubt the assholes intentions but someone in Irans military would need to comply. Would a sniper fire at a prime target revealing his location? Yes. Would a sniper fire if his family were with him in his tree? Of that I am less positive.

It would be rational to not demonize Iran. When is a preemptive strike rational when we ARE factoring in nuclear weapons? I would need to be living in that moment to know. Hmmm? Should we play badminton or War Games? Anyone else care to speculate?

Peter:

Iran uses a tactical nuke and takes out a square mile of Seattle's downtown port frontage using a container tanker wherein it was secreted in a container marked blankets.

Your intelligence departments absolutely guarantee that it was sent by Iran's Kud force.

A...

Target and destroy every piece of Iranian military hardware, planes, ships, boats, identifiable anywhere in the world. Destroy every identifiable element of the Iran Revolutionary Guard. Start the instant Iran is identified as the source of aggression. Every single minute counts. Immediately go on full war alert. Congress declares war within hours. Be prepared to support the uprising of Iranian people to overthrow their tyrant government. Peace in days.

Would Bebe use the same reasoning and nuke Iran IF their own annihilation were eminent?

...only if he knew Israel would be annihilated if he didn't.

Question: Would Iran nuke Israel IF they knew their own annihilation would be eminent if they did?

Answer: Yes.

Greg

Might they then wait a day--a hedge?

--Brant

Peter:

A...

Target and destroy every piece of Iranian military hardware, planes, ships, boats, identifiable anywhere in the world. Destroy every identifiable element of the Iran Revolutionary Guard. Start the instant Iran is identified as the source of aggression. Every single minute counts. Immediately go on full war alert. Congress declares war within hours. Be prepared to support the uprising of Iranian people to overthrow their tyrant government. Peace in days.

We can use hundreds of these to eliminate the cockroaches on the surface...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-43/B_Massive_Ordnance_Air_Blast

& for the underground nests & facilities...these should work nicely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_Ordnance_Penetrator

-J

Yes the MOAB

Here is a unique site and it shows the effects on an existing map with different kiloton nukes:

http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/gmap/hydesim.html

Yes the MOAB

Here is a unique site and it shows the effects on an existing map with different kiloton nukes:

That's a hell of of piece of ordnance & but would it be politically correct?...lol

-J

Yes the MOAB

That's a hell of of piece of ordnance & but would it be politically correct?...lol

-J

I don't think so... :laugh:

The US will NEVER win a war while hamstrung by feminized liberal politically correct ROE.

Greg

I would need to revue The Hostage Principle before preceding. I can no longer blithely consider video game violence upon innocent people even if it appears to be justified. I have discussed before on this and other Objectivist forums, my lack of anguish if the killing of someone were hypothetically, righteous. It doesn't bother me if it is a righteous kill. Yet I could not go out day after day like television cops and engage in what is essentially combat, and then go home to the wife and kiddies. I will state, that cops may be better than soldiers at doing the right thing, even if violence is required, day after day, year after year.

I'll make the (probably wishful) prediction that when or if Iran gets their nuclear weaponry, despite all the supreme leader's rhetoric, they won't be insanely suicidal enough to use it against anyone. What has happened is that Iran can join the Big Boy's Nuclear Club, and like all the others in it, the nuclear option is an implicit and potential threat -- not to be used except for mutually assured destruction. (So far). But it of course means they will gain more 'clout' in the region, with an increased status and power behind future 'conventional' wars and their proxy support for Hezbollah.

Peter, morally speaking I don't have a ready opinion, but "Nuke Tehran!" (pre-emptively) as I first read several years ago on another Objectivist forum, is as unpalatable to me now as it was then. I've no doubt that Israel has many plans for every eventuality and no lack of intelligence on the ground: I place trust in their talent for survival . Having older Jews who lived among them, and all the strife since, there is also a wealth of knowledge Israelis have of the Arab and Persian mind-set, which I hope the USA listens to - if the President were not as unilateral and arrogant as he has been. I see today that Obama has promised Israel support if it comes to war. (Is he beginning to realize, now, that the waters are deeper than he thought?)

Why it was necessary for Kerry and the P5+1 to initiate peaceful overtures to a regime which has showed no signs of reforming, within and without -- is what I can't understand. It amounts to a pat on the head from the most free nation, to one of the least free. A country has as much a nature and a character, as an individual does, in my view. To ignore his or its known bad character is to invite trouble.

I have a dumb question. (Adam, anyone?)

I have a reasonable over view of the US system of governance, with its elegant checks and balances.

And I can understand that the Executive will some times have to act instantly and decisively on secret information not yet known to Congress. (Not to my knowledge relevant to this Iran deal). What I'm wondering is: why two-thirds?

How was that majority veto figure calculated?