Trump humor

I thought saying Trump is a dick on tv funny. My sense of humor finds truth funnier than fiction. My funny bone didnt stay tickled for long. Its an old story but one deserving a trip on memory lane.

I also thought it funny not haha but funnily bizarre that Trump would think to criticize Mrs Cruz unattractiveness when he is proud of a tasteful photo. Laughing too about Trump not knowing or for that matter any of his campaign managers (as if he listens) that its illegal for the Cruz campaign to coordinate with a super PAC and would violate federal regulations. Notice he didnt pursue the one thing that would have hurt Cruz more than anything else. 

As we wend our way back through time revisiting the timing of events, Cruz unwilling to endorse Trump we see that, one, Cruz wasnt responsible for the photo, and two,Trump invited the person whos wife he scorned, to a party to not endorse him. In my best Gomer Pyle voice, SUPRISE SUPRISE.

Then we turn to the subject of the photo.

Departing from the humorous aspect for a second.  “To think that she’d be cribbing Michelle Obama’s words is crazy,” Manafort said.  This is just plain funny, since the truth is something entirely different and escapes the main man in the Trump campaign. She cribbed Michelles speech, her husbands malefactor. In a show of forgiveness, in view of the royal screw up, probably because the words were priceless, it was decided the speech writer would be kept on, by no less than someone who rates excellence above all else. 

There is something funny watching a demolition derby (where its serious business except for the crowds vicarious thrill) in the detachment one takes when its not happening to themselves. Like seeing Barney Fife shoot himself in the foot.

Yes, the Trumps are serious.. Its just that Im not, about Trumps. And Im laughing while saying this. But thats my sense of the humor. Im so glad there is comedic value in the presidential process because Ive gotten a bit down over events in these past days.

On a yet lighter note, a brief excerpt from an ABC local, a ladies arguing nicely show called "The Chat" on FirstCoastNews.  See the whole thing here.

There is a bit of minor Hoopla attached to this bit, since it seems he had no names at hand (not that there's anything wrong with that) except for his favourite blonde.  His unfavourite blonde was quick to make a crack:

57 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

For those who think Melania's life is so risque they want to vote for Clinton, I have to agree that Bill can be a lot more dignified as First Lady:

08.07.2016-16.28.png

:evil: 

Michael

First Spouse?   First Dude?  First Guy?  First Gentleman?  

Makes me think of that joke: "Never introduce your spouse as 'This is my first wife Jane.'"

The basic indignity for America is that if Clinton becomes Prez, it is as spouse of a former Prez.  It follows that old, weird pattern of Lurleen Wallace and the other ladies who took over after Boss kicked the can.  In most of those cases the lady was voted in as widow, in some as an obvious catspaw of a term-limited hubbie (like Lurleen).  It is too bad that if Hillary Clinton gets to be the first women occupying the Oval Office, it will be ultimately because of who she mated with, not because of her own independent efforts.

This is who I secretly wanted to be the first female American President.  She was so atomic!

Ray.jpg

1 hour ago, BaalChatzaf said:

First Spouse?   First Dude?  First Guy?  First Gentleman?  

First Pervert! -J

37 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

This is who I secretly wanted to be the first female American President.  She was so atomic!

William,

I wish you had given the name of Dixy Lee Ray. I had to do an image search to find out who the the person in the picture was since I did not know.

I'm pretty sure other OL readers do not know going just by the picture, also.

Have mercy on us poor low-information commoners...

:) 

Michael

4 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

I wish you had given the name of Dixy Lee Ray. I had to do an image search to find out who the the person in the picture was since I did not know.

I'm pretty sure other OL readers do not know going just by the picture, also.

Have mercy on us poor low-information commoners...

Michael

I knew who it was.  I was just now logging in to say hey, that's Dixy Lee Ray, right Bill?  Guess she was your neighbor to the south back in the day, eh?

25 minutes ago, 9thdoctor said:

I was just now logging in to say hey, that's Dixy Lee Ray, right Bill?  Guess she was your neighbor to the south back in the day, eh?

Yeah. Sorry for those who had to puzzle it out -- I could have left a clue like 'one of the first who did not marry her way into a Governor's office.'  She was a remarkable First Woman Governor in the state of Washington. She was a non-politician and in her independence a  pioneer for the later women who were chosen as state executives without having had to copulate with the preceding occupant.

Ray did not, however, found a political family, let alone a dynasty.   I was a total fan when she was in office, if not with every policy then with the intelligence and aplomb and Roarkishness of it all. She now reminds me of someone.  She loved nuclear power. She was a scientist, Jim, dammit!

From the Wiki link above, a broad hint at her personality: 

Ray narrowly won the Democratic nomination over Seattle mayor Wes Uhlman, having spent almost no money on her campaign, having no experience in running for elected office, and having little support from the state's political class. Despite opposition from all major newspapers and predictions from pundits that the state was not ready "for an unmarried woman who gave herself a chainsaw for Christmas," Ray went on to win the general election with a victory over King County Executive John D. Spellman. On election night, asked by a reporter to explain her surprise victory, she offered, "it can't be because I'm so pretty?"

We here in neighbouring British Columbia have had several women premiers by now and the office is currently filled by a woman. Next door is another woman executive in Alberta, and over in Ontario, the largest province, another woman at the moment. It is pretty ho hum as to sex/gender.  I think it is getting to be that way down there too. There have been some excellent lady governors of both parties, who did not have a Clinton or other cloacal advantage. Too bad some of them were not ambitious this cycle.

But there is nobody like Dixy Lee.

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Makes me think of that joke: "Never introduce your spouse as 'This is my first wife Jane.'"

The basic indignity for America is that if Clinton becomes Prez, it is as spouse of a former Prez.  It follows that old, weird pattern of Lurleen Wallace and the other ladies who took over after Boss kicked the can.  In most of those cases the lady was voted in as widow, in some as an obvious catspaw of a term-limited hubbie (like Lurleen).  It is too bad that if Hillary Clinton gets to be the first women occupying the Oval Office, it will be ultimately because of who she mated with, not because of her own independent efforts.

Ray.jpg

Petr Beckmann championed her and her books back in the day.

--Brant

On 8/7/2016 at 8:03 PM, william.scherk said:

Ray.jpg

What about father/son pairs.  John and John Quncy Adams  or George Herbert Walker Bush   and Dubya.   Ones biological father or male parent is an accident and a happenstance yet the relationship may benefit the son.   Similar remark  for all kings who became king because they were the son of a king.  As Thomas Paine once asked:  What if the Lion  begets an ass??

The demented witch's physical health will almost certainly not survive the term of one of the world's most stressful jobs, perhaps not even the campaign. Theoretically she probably could get better but her doctors will give her poisons drugs and consequently she will get worse even as she appears to get better.

1 hour ago, jts said:

The demented witch's physical health will almost certainly not survive the term of one of the world's most stressful jobs, perhaps not even the campaign. Theoretically she probably could get better but her doctors will give her poisons drugs and consequently she will get worse even as she appears to get better.

Hillary-Clinton-has-seizure-when-talking

Thanks ZeroHedge

Hell and damnation. I'm feeling sorry for Hillary**, she's looks like a senior citizen past retirement and chances are she'll crack when it gets really gruelling. Keeping up her public 'front' must be getting harder, and all her years of megalomania and fakery are heading for her just desserts. Advice to Donald, switch to "But I don't think of you", and avoid any more mentions of her for the rest of his campaign. It will pay him dividends to take the high road from now, now he's got everyone's attention..

*(I'm bound to get over it).

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Brain freeze. This hit Drudge:

Not humor, but it will be if she gets elected.

The joke will be on us.

Michael

Trump was interviewed this morning on Maria Bartiromos show. He was asked several times about his economic plan and ACA. Fascinating stuff watching brains freeze, like hearing records skip or lips move where nothing particularly useful comes out is annoying.

Is he taking something to help him focus lately? ;) 

Have you ever noticed his awful habit of repeating himself when he has brain freeze?

4 reasons for repeating oneself and things I learn while watching Trump speak.

Get your listener to forget why they cared to ask for specificity while creating an image of yourself as someone who doesnt deal in specifics. Dollars to donuts I would bet at his age he simply loses track, thats forgetfulness or the inability to focus on subjects so large and complex that the underlying fundamentals to his ideas arent anchors to the way his mind works normally so he falls back on repetition. Its also due to a lack of preparation, repetition is often useful to getting to the point hes wanting to be made. If words are nails, hes the hammer swinging away.

Trumps a hammer. ) With words or hes hammered (self intoxication) or his penchant for hammering the same point over and over is a sign of a builder who cant or doesnt want to move on.

But hes learning now. Better than learning on the job. 

I joked before but he certainly doesnt lack energy, what is he taking for his loss of focus? Rhodiola? GInseng? Royal jelly? 13 economists and one central idea? Oh man watch for side effects!

Hammer, hammer.

3 minutes ago, turkeyfoot said:

Have you ever noticed his awful habit of repeating himself when he has brain freeze?

Geoff,

Not really, because I haven't seen him do a brain freeze yet.

I have seen him assume the role of his public persona for the media and for impromptu speeches.

If there is any doubt about this, see if the rambling, repetitions, vagueness, etc., are anywhere to be found in his business documents.

Or, hell, even in his business meetings. Just listen to the gobs of people who say he is different in private.

Trump is playing a far different game than simple screw-up (like Clinton did). Those who study persuasion know what he is doing. And it's not just me. Scott Adams, the Dilbert guy, has almost made a career recently out of talking about this stuff (Adams says he is a trained hypnotist).

Michael

Ok, not r e a l l y.

What of his pounding on $400M ransom? Oh, damn he just retracted it. He says he fell for the lie.

Boy, is he ever focused. )

That special classified meeting for Presidential wannabees is working too.

Trump is just too smart for the average voter. ) In other new Trumphhh harrummphed, "and I believed it."

"The media is going crazy. They totally distort so many things on purpose. Crimea, nuclear, "the baby" and so much more. Very dishonest!"

While we wait on the media to recognize what giving the Iranians $400M is about.

http://www.vox.com/2016/8/4/12370848/ransom-iran-400-million

Trump said he will lead an effort to repeal ACA.

Yesterday he said We will repeal ACA. Oh r e a l l y ?

Rather than posing sentimental promises as Bush did saying, read my lips, no new taxes. Go to Reagan saying, Mr Gorbachev, Tear down this wall.

Impose Reagan doctrine again. And say, "Tear down this abysmal government controlled health care system."

Its not self evident to voters why it needs to be done.

When leading horses to water, wouldnt it be prudent to show them what the water looks like.

Its coming, its coming the calvary is coming and it relies on the strength of its horses. ) 

Geez, for someone like Trump who pulled himself up by the bootstraps, you have to wonder how the f he did it.

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Geoff,

Well, if leftie Vox says something...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

08.09.2016-13.19.png

Michael

Wow, Michael, just what is the real story and what is to be believed?

Are we subject (ed) to international law standards like what the Hague adjudicates? Can we be like the Chinese and "their" Spratley Islands and dismiss the findings? That sounds very unlawful and disordered. 

I want to believe Trump when he says he was enticed by The Enquirer and snookered by Fox. ) I know his mind wanders, Ive seen the photos. )