Trump humor

From the Babylon Bee:

As Part Of Settlement With Nick Sandmann, CNN Hosts Must Wear MAGA Hats During All Broadcasts

image.png

ATLANTA, GA—According to a report, as part of the settlement with Nick Sandmann, CNN hosts will be required to wear MAGA hats throughout every broadcast.

"Let the punishment fit the crime," counsel for Sandmann said as Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, Anderson Cooper, and Wolf Blitzer all solemnly donned Make America Great Again caps.

Hosts were seen with downcast expressions as they commented on the day's events, MAGA hats in place. 

Sandmann says the hosts will be forced to wear the hats until they've learned their lesson, which could take a while. "Just be careful you don't make an expression some could construe as 'smug.' Wouldn't want you to get punched or your lives to get ruined, or anything like that."

CNN hosts must also finish every broadcast by saying, "Good night, and I am a big, fat dummy, while Trump is the best president we've ever had."

Brian Stelter requested an exemption and was allowed to wear a clown nose instead, as usual.

LOLOLOL...

:)

Michael

Oh yeah. The young man who was in a face-off with the Indian activist.

I corrected the spelling of one word below. They had “demonstraction” instead of “demonstration.” Yet when you think about it, “demonstraction” should be a real word. It would be a demonstration of such little consequence that it is a distraction!   

From USA today. CINCINNATI – The CNN has reached a settlement with Nick Sandmann, a northern Kentucky high school student who had sued the news outlet saying it defamed him. A CNN spokesperson confirmed Tuesday with The Enquirer that a settlement was reached. The network would not comment on the details of the settlement. Nick’s lawyers did not respond to phone calls or emails at the time of this report. Sandmann, a student at Covington Catholic High School, became part of a social media firestorm last January when he was filmed with Nathan Phillips at a demonstration in Washington, D.C. A video shows Nick and Phillips standing close to each other in a crowd. Nick stares at Phillips as he plays a drum. The situation unfolded after the March for Life on Jan. 18, which Sandmann and his classmates attended. Phillips was attending the Indigenous Peoples March.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL...

image.png

This is just a warm-up. Watch the outcome of the impeachment.

I wonder if Schiff will go to jail at the end of it all and investigations into him get underway.

(Just think of President Trump with majority House and Senate.)

I give jail time Schiff for pretty good odds. I keep hearing about an Epstein connection, so I bet that gets cleared up, too.

Michael

Trump regularly gets 80 thousand plus likes for his tweets.

The one above, of Obama spying on him through a window, had 153 thousand already when I first saw it a couple hours after Michael posted it.

It now has 228 thousand as of 8:05 am est.  Correction, 229 thousand, the count just went up.

Let's see how high it goes.

Ellen

PS: 231 thousand

At Instagram I averaged his likes for the last eight photo posts, 419,000 likes per post.

So the Obama spying subversion treason coup post is receiving about three times his usual positive reaction.

The average number of comments on those last eight posts: 10,000 comments per post.

The number of comments on the Obama spying coup post: 49,717, five times the usual discussion.

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

So the Obama spying subversion treason coup post is receiving about three times his usual positive reaction [and] five times the usual discussion.

And the count is going higher.

I think the reaction is a far more reliable indicator than the polls are.

Ellen

18 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

I think the reaction is a far more reliable indicator than the polls are.

Ready for some literary allusions? Can anything good come out of this impeachment drama? Well, as Erma Bombeck wrote: “The Grass Is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank.” And as Longfellow scribbled, “Sail On O Ship of State.” 

On January 24, 2020 at 12:46 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

1.2 million as I type (1,200,724).

282K on the tweet.

Ellen

The count on the Instagram post just topped 1.4 million.

It's 1,400,001 as I write at 7:42 pm est 1/25/20.

It was 1,353,037 at about 5:30 am est.

The count for the tweet is currently 340 thousand.  It was 330 thousand at about 5:30 am est.

Ellen

OMG...

LOLOLOL...

This has to be Glenn Beck's funniest production of all time.

President Honey Badger:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) 

Context:

In the rare case you have been living out in the boondocks for years, this is a takeoff of a viral video that has over 93 million views. National Geographic did a segment on honey badgers and a person redid the narration in a super-affected manner. It was funny as all hell.

If you missed it, here it is. If you haven't seen it, watch it before the Trump honey badger video for maximum effect. And please don't drink anything while you are watching either video. If you do, you will be cleaning it off your monitor.

Michael

Aye mate. President Honey Badger. Klaatu barada nikto. Translation: President Trump will win. Okay, Vegas odds makers. What are the chances of President Trump winning reelection in 2020? Are they 40-50? 50-50? 60-40? What are your odds? I hereby predict the odds are 100 to 0 that President Trump will win reelection in 2020. Anyone want to bet? Peter

Notes from Wikipedia. "Klaatu barada nikto" is a phrase that originated in the 1951 science fiction film The Day the Earth Stood Still. The humanoid alien protagonist of the film, Klaatu (Michael Rennie), instructs Helen Benson (Patricia Neal) that if any harm befalls him, she must say the phrase to the robot Gort (Lockard Martin). In response Gort relents from destroying the Earth and resurrects Klaatu from death. The Robot Hall of Fame describes the phrase as "one of the most famous commands in science fiction"[2] and Frederick S. Clarke of Cinefantastique called it "the most famous phrase ever spoken by an extraterrestrial."

Edmund H. North, who wrote The Day the Earth Stood Still, also created the alien language used in the film, including the phrase "Klaatu barada nikto". The official spelling of the phrase comes directly from the script, as shown in the above image. The phrase was never translated in the film and neither Edmund North nor 20th Century Fox ever released an official translation. Near the end of the film, as Klaatu is pursued by the American military, he urges Helen Benson to memorize the phrase, saying "There's no limit to what he can do. He could destroy the Earth... If anything should happen to me you must go to Gort, you must say these words: Klaatu barada nikto.' Please repeat that." Shortly after, Klaatu is shot and killed. Knowing that Klaatu has died, Gort vaporizes the polymer cube encasing him and vaporized the two soldiers standing guard. Helen conveys Klaatu's message. Gort takes her inside the spaceship, and then retrieves Klaatu's lifeless body, which he revives.

In the 2008 remake, the line was added at Keanu Reeves' insistence. Klaatu uses it near the beginning of the film to shut down Gort, and again at the end, highly distorted and barely audible, when he stops the destruction of the Earth. Although the line can be heard in the film, it does not appear in the English subtitles.

Because there is no official translation of the phrase, a few notable attempts have been made to determine the phrase's meaning: Philosophy professor Aeon J. Skoble speculates the phrase is part of a fail-safe feature used during diplomatic missions, whereby Gort's deadly force can be deactivated in the event the robot is undesirably triggered into a defensive posture. Skoble observes that this theme has evolved into a "staple of science fiction that the machines charged with protecting us from ourselves will misuse or abuse their power. In this interpretation the phrase apparently tells Gort that Klaatu considers escalation unnecessary.

Fantastic Films explored the meaning of "Klaatu barada nikto" in the 1978 article "The Language of Klaatu". In the article Tauna Le Marbe, the magazine's Alien Linguistics Editor, attempts to translate all the alien words Klaatu used throughout the film. Le Marbe's literal translation was "Stop Barbarism, (I have) death, bind;" the free translation was "I die, repair me, do not retaliate."

The documentary Decoding "Klaatu Barada Nikto": Science Fiction as Metaphor examined the phrase Klaatu barada nikto with some of the people involved with The Day the Earth Stood Still. Robert Wise, director of the original, recalled a conversation he had with Edmund North, saying North told him, "...it's just something I kind of cooked up. I thought it sounded good."

Billy Gray, who played Bobby Benson in the film, said that "barada nikto must mean... save Earth". Florence Blaustein, widow of the producer Julian Blaustein, said North had to pass a street called Baroda every day going to work and said, "I think that's how that was born." Film historian Steven Jay Rubin recalled an interview he had with North when he asked the question, "What is the direct translation of 'Klaatu barada nikto?' And Edmund North said to me, 'There's hope for Earth, if the scientists can be reached.'" In accepting the AFI Life Achievement Award in 1998, Director Robert Wise closed his remarks by saying, "...I'd like to say 'Klaatu barada nikto', which, roughly translated tonight, means 'Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.'" Russian speakers can easily recognize the second and the third words of the phrase as "борода" (a beard) and "никто" (nobody).

We keep reading and saying the left can't meme.

Here's how the left does an improvement to the HBO segment.

Political Violence – Man Drives Van into Trump Voter Registration Event in Jacksonville, Florida…

and

They not only can't meme worth shit. 

They don't get satire at all.

And, from the looks of the guy, they keep trying with their best and brightest.

:evil:  :)

Michael

What was missing on that "Curb Your" clip was people applauding the MAGA hat, or at least smiling when they see someone else wearing one. The boss of the show must like Trump! joke. If he wears one, he must be one . . . of the astute elite. I have mentioned it before but in my neighborhood there are two "large" flags with Trump's name on them, just below the full sized American flags. I will get me a small one around October.  I hope passing bikers don't honk their horns.

President Trump made the tweet below, Sol made the meme in response--that is what's embedded. But then he retweeted Sol's meme and now it's in his Twitter feed.

Man, with all the violence in the meme, I can't wait to see the anti-Trumper heads explode because he retweeted it. 

LOL...

Sol absolutely lived up to her comment in this one. She is gloriously twisted.

Michael

Not much humor about Trump at this time. He sounded a little raspy on the telly but he is still going to travel to India.

Joke time. Hello. I’m Eddie Murphy playing in Mr. Robertson’s neighborhood. Who’s old enough to remember those old LP albums, boys and girls? LP was short for long playing and you had to be sharp enough to put the needle in the groove at the right spot without “scratching” the vinyl.

Well, I guess you kids are too young to remember but I bet your parents might still have some on hand, so this joke is for them.

What’s another name for LP’s? Whirled Records. Get it?    

From Wikipedia. The LP (from "long playing" or "long play") is an analog sound storage medium, a vinyl record format characterized by a speed of 33 1⁄3 rpm, a 12- or 10-inch (30- or 25-cm) diameter, and use of the "microgroove" groove specification. Introduced by Columbia in 1948, it was soon adopted as a new standard by... Jul 22 2019.