Trump humor

Yikes.

13 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Yikes.

Tee to the hee to the tiggity hee hee!

Trump has never been good at recovering from stumbles, or from gotchas. He's not the polished liar and poseur that his predecessor was. Plus, the previous occupant of the office wouldn't have faced any aggressive follow up from the gushing fanboy press. That would have been unseemly.

And even Obama hadn't discovered how to properly handle being caught in a gaffe.

No, don't be silly, I'm not talking about admitting to errors and correcting oneself! Ha. Don't be an ass!

No, the proper method is to ignore the criticism, ignore the fact that you've been busted. Pretend that your having been caught didn't happen. Hope no one notices. Avoid addressing it at all costs.

Anyhoo, in other Tee Hee Hee news, pathetic Obama is still trying to take credit for Trump's economy:

"So when you hear all this talk about economic miracles right now, remember who started it."

Bah hahaa hahahaha ha ha!!!!

J

Barry, you didn't build that, someone else made that happen.

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Anyhoo, in other Tee Hee Hee news, pathetic Obama is still trying to take credit for Trump's economy:

"So when you hear all this talk about economic miracles right now, remember who started it."

Bah hahaa hahahaha ha ha!!!!

J

Barry, you didn't build that, someone else made that happen.

And, by the way, what the fuck? Things are fucking nightmare dictatorship horrible because of Trump, but, at the same time, they're great because of Obama? So how does the "logic" of this work? Obama caused this surging economy, it was just on delay-effect and it took until Trump's presidency, and, what, Trump's policies of repealing Obama's stupid shit didn't have a negative effect on the economy, and Trump's tax reduction doesn't count as either stimulating the economy or as canceling or opposing Obama's policies? Just like the unfalsifiability of leftist climate "science," all outcomes are proof of Obama's brilliance and success, and of Trump's being a failure doofus?

Hahahaha!

J

• Like 1

And, by the way, what the fuck? Things are fucking nightmare dictatorship horrible because of Trump, but, at the same time, they're great because of Obama? So how does the "logic" of this work?

Jonathan,

Tucker Carlson, of all people, came up with the epistemological standard. And it's consistent.

According to the left, if you are a Good PersonTM, you get credit for everything good. If you are a Bad PersonTM, you get blamed for everything bad. Consistency no object. Truth neither. And when the contradiction is so obvious, it's glaring, you get to make up shit to fix it. This is called controlling the narrative to protect the Good PeopleTM.

Good PeopleTM of the world, unite!

The world needs more Good PeopleTM, not disembodied facts. The world has enough facts as it is.

:) 

Michael

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

Tucker Carlson, of all people, came up with the epistemological standard. And it's consistent.

According to the left, if you are a Good PersonTM, you get credit for everything good. If you are a Bad PersonTM, you get blamed for everything bad. Consistency no object. Truth neither. And when the contradiction is so obvious, it's glaring, you get to make up shit to fix it. This is called controlling the narrative to protect the Good PeopleTM.

Good PeopleTM of the world, unite!

The world needs more Good PeopleTM, not disembodied facts. The world has enough facts as it is.

Michael

That sounds about right.

J

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Oh, the pain, the pain...

LOLOLOLOL...

May The Onion never die...

LOL...

Michael

Wow, that was awesome.  I had to look up "cishet". 

Now if we could make a whole series like this, perhaps featuring all the characters from The Village People.  I particularly want to see a Texan, in full cowboy regalia, ideally his monologue will be about the rape of the environment, mixing in outlandish sexual double entendres amidst the pseudo-academic gobbledygook.  This will give an idea of how it might sound:

Speaking of Saturday Night Live:

LOL...

Michael

EDIT: For those who don't know, Alex Baldwin, who plays a Trump caricature on SNL emphasizing boorishness, bullying and stupidity, was, as reported recently in the mainstream, arrested for punching a guy in the face over a parking spot in Manhattan. He now denies the punching part, but nonetheless, he was charged with assault and harassment. So he did something violent...

Hey! At best, Alex Baldwin was being boorish, bullying and stupid... :) 

23 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I didn't expect this from SNL, but it's cute.

Michael

Cute.

Speaking of SNL, the left thinks it's atrocious when they claim that Trump mocked a disabled reporter's disability (when they know that he didn't), but that it's gut-busting hilarious when a comedian on their side mocks a disabled Vietnam vet. Tee hee hee!

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2018/11/04/snl-mocks-gross-gop-candidate-who-lost-his-eye-ied-blast

J

Here's losing presidential candidate Romney demonstrating why he lost:

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2018/11/03/apc-on-campaign-trail-romney-criticizes-trumps-characterization-of-media-as-enemy-of-the-people/#.W-BpFK2ZOEK

Short memory. He apparently has forgotten all of the dishonest shit that members of the leftist activist press did to him.

So, here he is, buying into the False Narrative™ that Trump hates all of the media and opposes freedom of the press. The idiot asshole is helping to sell that lie. He's doing so against his own party and its leadership. He is more actively engaged in promoting this false accusation against people in his alleged own party than he ever was in fighting the alleged opposition party.

J

President Trump is in France for a "celebration," but missed the first solemn commemoration of American war dead, apparently due to inclement weather (perhaps the helicopter is not safe during rain).

Re: [UPDATE] 'SNL' Mocks ‘Gross’ GOP Candidate Who Lost His Eye to an IED Blast

So, is this the official signal that people are not to be outraged, and are not to demand the public firings of those involved? They get to keep their jobs, and it's just cute humor and stuff?

Jonathan,

The people who like SNL in its current evolution will not see something far more toxic, but it's there. And it's an "official signal" (I like that term :) ).

This week's opening skit was about Jeff Sessions cleaning out his office (see here). But it really wasn't about that. It was about how stupid and inferior White Southerners are. A typical joke from the skit is Sessions holding up a framed picture and saying this was his family tree. But the picture is of a barren tree. He points to a branch and says, "This was my room."

As a standalone joke, I suppose it's OK and even funny in the right context, but in a series of things like that, the message is:

Yuk yuk yuk. Look at how stupid and godawful them hillbillies are.

Note, this is different than redneck humor, which is generally good-natured. This is spiteful mockery of a stereotype.

Frankly, I didn't watch more than two minutes of that skit. I felt dirty watching it

It's the same level of humor as old vaudeville skits about poor blacks eating watermelon and chitlin's as they drawl and shuffle with a shit-eating grin on their faces. A similar sketch to the Sessions one would be Ben Carson (or Don Lemon) doing those poor black stereotype things, but SNL doesn't have the balls to do that these days. It's not because they don't want to. It's because "muh racists" is poison in the culture at this point in time and they need to virtue signal (to the public and to themselves), so they tell themselves that black bigotry is fundamentally different than white bigotry.

But make no mistake about it. Elitist intellectuals like this kind of bigoted humor--and don't think they don't laugh at poor black trash stereotypes in addition to Southern white trash... they do in private. I've seen it up close.

I'm not crazy about the emotional tone one has to develop in to enjoy this kind of humor. It totally lacks benevolence. You need to believe for real you are a superior human life form above the human livestock out there even though your belief is tinged with hidden shame and guilt.

I just can't live like that and concentrate on the things I love.

Michael

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

The people who like SNL in its current evolution will not see something far more toxic, but it's there. And it's an "official signal" (I like that term :) ).

This week's opening skit was about Jeff Sessions cleaning out his office (see here). But it really wasn't about that. It was about how stupid and inferior White Southerners are. A typical joke from the skit is Sessions holding up a framed picture and saying this was his family tree. But the picture is of a barren tree. He points to a branch and says, "This was my room."

As a standalone joke, I suppose it's OK and even funny in the right context, but in a series of things like that, the message is:

Yuk yuk yuk. Look at how stupid and godawful them hillbillies are.

Note, this is different than redneck humor, which is generally good-natured. This is spiteful mockery of a stereotype.

Frankly, I didn't watch more than two minutes of that skit. I felt dirty watching it

It's the same level of humor as old vaudeville skits about poor blacks eating watermelon and chitlin's as they drawl and shuffle with a shit-eating grin on their faces. A similar sketch to the Sessions one would be Ben Carson (or Don Lemon) doing those poor black stereotype things, but SNL doesn't have the balls to do that these days. It's not because they don't want to. It's because "muh racists" is poison in the culture at this point in time and they need to virtue signal (to the public and to themselves), so they tell themselves that black bigotry is fundamentally different than white bigotry.

But make no mistake about it. Elitist intellectuals like this kind of bigoted humor--and don't think they don't laugh at poor black trash stereotypes in addition to Southern white trash... they do in private. I've seen it up close.

I'm not crazy about the emotional tone one has to develop in to enjoy this kind of humor. It totally lacks benevolence. You need to believe for real you are a superior human life form above the human livestock out there even though your belief is tinged with hidden shame and guilt.

I just can't live like that and concentrate on the things I love.

Michael

Yep. They haven't abandoned the mindset which their party held one hundred years ago, but have only shifted the targets -- switched around the villains and the victims.

The new villains are hated because they are superstitious and primitive. They have silly beliefs. Yet, the alleged victims' superstitions are just as primitive and silly, but pay no attention to that. And he new victims are much more violent in advocating for their superstitions, including both against others as well as their own, but, again, pay no attention to that.

There's no consistency, at least not based on their words. Their actions are pretty revealing, though: They will side with whomever gives them the best chance of punishing the most people.

J

Trumpy Bear!

How the left in Portland, Oregon reasons with President Trump supporters.

:evil:  :) 

At least it has a happy ending.

btw - The left keeps screaming that people like Tusitala Toese, aka Tiny, are white nationalists. I don't know much about them, but from the volume and intensity of the screaming, they are probably not.

Michael