Trump humor

This has to go into Trump Humor.

According to the Editorial Board of the Washington Post, President Trump is one of the causes of Hurricane Florence because he won't blame humans for extreme weather events. 

Unfortunately, WaPo is hurting for money, even with Bezos footing the bill, so they want you to take a paid subscription in order to read this thing. But the headline says it all. 

Opinion: Another hurricane is about to batter our coast. Trump is complicit.

LOL...

They have no idea how stupid they sound.

:) 

Michael

The striking part about using Woodward's book for anything is his plethora of anonymous sources.

That is, when he's not making up shit out of whole cloth like saying a dude came out of a coma when nobody was around but him (Woodward), confessed an explosive political talking point, then went back into his coma to die (see here, for example).

Here's how Woodward's operating procedure has worked for decades. Note, he has targeted both sides, not just President Trump, in the same manner. But he prefers to target Republican Presidents.

1. Woodward cultivates lower-level lifers in the federal government.

2. The lifers say (on tape) they heard someone who was in a meeting say that they heard [fill in the blank from among the President's cabinet] say something disparaging about the President.

3. To be credible to Woodward, the lifer has to say who was in the meeting the lifer did not attend and when and where the meeting took place. Woodward, through his long-cultivated scheduling contacts in the White House and Congress, confirms the meeting description. That is how he vets his sources. Through scheduling secretaries who, also, did not attend the meetings.

4. Woodward publishes this twice-removed hearsay as if it were a direct quote from the cabinet member and jazzes it up with storytelling. 

5. Woodward claims he has the quote on tape. It's only twice-removed hearsay from a low-level lifer on tape, but something is on tape. Woodward generally frames it (though selective omissions) to encourage a belief that he has the actual cabinet member on tape.

6. The fake news media goes crazy, runs headlines of the quotes as gotchas, bashes the hell out of the President, and even bashes the cabinet member for good measure.

7. Anti-President people celebrate that finally someone has the hard-hitting facts, that finally someone got the irrefutable goods on the President.

No amount of explanation will interfere with their glee at this moment. They become puppies chasing their tails, but very joyous puppies.

Until they lose elections.

Michael

Note.

Woodward's system works sometimes because the hearsay is sometimes true or close to the truth. In these cases, the accused party generally goes apeshit and confirms it by confession or over-explaining it.

But it's like the predictions of a psychic. People only focus on what the psychic got right, never on the vast number of other predictions he got wrong.

If Woodward had not become a political junkie reporter, he could have been a great psychic.

He certainly has the process down.

Michael

From the acid pen of Ward Sutton:

10-ward-sutton-boston-globe.jpg

This could go in so many places, but.

Daniel Dale is Washington correspondent for the Toronto Star.  Not the 'Red Star,' but still. 

Here he does what he often does, live-tweet a Trump rally.  If you think about what he is saying, you might feel a bit torn. If President Wonderful is telling the truth, then why is the presidential adminstration not doing his bidding?

Funny, in a sad, perplexing way?

31 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Daniel Dale is Washington correspondent...

William,

Why is this in humor?

Anyway, what does the constitutionality or unconstitutionality of prohibiting insurance companies from taking into account pre-existing conditions in their private contracts have to do with fighting for and protecting patients with pre-existing conditions?

I'll try to go slow.

Let's start.

The government is not metaphysical reality.

Well... that sounds complicated. But I started there because I didn't want to scare you.

And it's hard to fight the curse of knowledge to prepare your delicate innocent intellect for a shock

But, hell. Sometimes you just have to blurt out the naked truth.

The pre-existing conditions insurance problem can be solved without the government.

Whew!

There it is.

Right in the middle of the floor for the cat to smell.

This is barely believable, I know. And scoff if you must. But it is within the realm of metaphysical possibility.

There's more, but let's go slow.

Let's make sure you understand this first before we move on.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

There is a funny ring to this "Forbidden Romance," if true:

Now everyone knows it.  Love is in the air.  Not in the DPRK death-by-work camps, but hey.

On 9/29/2018 at 5:54 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Why

I'll try to go slow ... 

Because I thought it contained a sliver of the essence of humour, surprise -- via contradiction. Because it seemed to me bizarre and indicative. Because it is also funny-peculiar. Because I found it hilarious.  Because I suspected it might cause dissonance and an attempt to square the circle by handwaving, loaded language and other sloppy maneuvers. Choose only one, as we cannot guarantee these are the actual WSS thoughts without a visit from the spirit of Madame Cleo ...

"I will fight like hell to, er,  make sure that Pre-Existing Conditions cannot be used as a legal excuse for exclusion from insurance coverage ---or a reason for crazily high premiums. How? By the Power of She-Ra Wand of Trump. My administration is on one hand fighting like hell in court to knock protection for folks with pre-existing conditions out of ObamaCare, but my wand is more effective than laws, courts, reality, or  ability to make a plausible argument.  I make the whole world laugh with me. Everywhere you go, I am Respected. That's right. That's not law, that's just elite-level persuasion. If you find yourself picking up my dirty socks and then saying 'These are not dirty socks,' I've got you just where I want you. I could tell you it was all a con, tattoo it on your forehead along with my giant signature -- and you still would have no freaking idea. That is why I am the elite and you bask in my reflected glory."

#Redwave

Edited by william.scherk
If everything is 'funny,' then nothing is funny. I have no idea what that means.

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Because I found it hilarious.

William,

You mean hilarious in the way people in the Deep South used to laugh at blacks eating watermelon and chitlins?

Or the way Nazis used to laugh at Jews getting bug-eyed greedy over money?

Or the way tough guys in 1930's hardboiled cop stories used to laugh at the hysterical tears of gay men when their lovers got shot?

That kind of funny?

Yuk yuk yuk...

Michael

On 9/29/2018 at 9:37 PM, william.scherk said:

There is a funny ring to this "Forbidden Romance," if true:

Now everyone knows it.  Love is in the air.  Not in the DPRK death-by-work camps, but hey.

Awwww they are in love!  How precious!

Good moment for a love song, no?

I always get a kick out of Joe Dan from Intellectual Froglegs.

I took a screenshot of a take that jumped out at me:

10.09.2018-07.03.png

Also, I can't get the image out of my mind of Joe Dan pretending he was sexually abused by Ruth Bader Ginsburg decades ago, except he couldn't remember the details. The lady interviewing him (who called herself Michelle Avenatti :) ) asked if it was true that Ginsburg was a hermaphrodite. Joe Dan said he didn't think to look at the time because he was distracted by the bat wings. She was hanging upside down in a closet when he left.

LOL...

Michael

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Damn that feels good:

LOL...

Michael

Lesley no like. Heh.

'Member back when Candy Crowley jumped into the debate to help Obama against Romney? And Romney took it. He didn't know what to do. What Trump did in the vid above is what he needed to do. Shut down the game.