Trump humor

On Greta today I heard The Donald rag on Lindsay (Lindsley, for you Mark Levin fans) Graham. Graham replied he's dealt with the military longer than Trump. That's true.

Trump's reply...and you still haven't destroyed ISIS.  lol.  -J

I have worried that he might one day, during his Presidency, Donald might show up with a shaved head. He has obviously lost some hair, but if he is likely to have transplants we may never see an embarrassed, hairless Trump. That he makes such a big deal about appearance is not cool.

Peter 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I have worried that he might one day, during his Presidency, Donald might show up with a shaved head. He has obviously lost some hair, but if he is likely to have transplants we may never see an embarrassed, hairless Trump. That he makes such a big deal about appearance is not cool.

Peter 

Mork to Orson, this is a Trump Humor thread...

I have an online friend, Michael Prescott, who's a distant friend, but still a friend. He writes novels about serial killers and used to be a Randian.

He is bent out of shape about Trump's political success and posts often about him on Facebook--mostly bittersweet.

He just posted a cute one.

Michael Prescott said:

You know, it just occurred to me that if Trump replaces Obama as president, then it will be literally true that orange is the new black.

:) 

Michael

Prescott has a wry wit and quite lively intelligence. I am saddened to hear that he may be bent out of shape.

As Brant notes, there is 404 at the link, and no trace of joke that I can see on his Facebook timeline. He did repost a humorous image meme recently, and he did post something focused on Trump slash Fascist on his blog  back in February (Michael may be referring to comment items below Facebook posts in the larger bent context):

A no Drumpf bid

No, this isn't a political blog. But sometimes I can't help myself. 

I posted something in Facebook that I thought was pretty good, so I decided to post it here, too, with added links.

After all, there's more to life than, um, death.

---

I spent part of Sunday reading online articles on the question of whether or not Drumpf is a fascist. Some argued yes, some argued no. You can easily find the same opinion pieces by Googling Drumpf + fascist. Anyway, after digesting all this back-and-forth, here's my opinion:

Drumpf is not technically a fascist. Fascism, among other things, involves the direct use of physical force to intimidate opponents. Gangs of brownshirts roaming the streets, death threats and assassinations, that sort of thing. It also historically has meant the explicit demand to overthrow democratic institutions and institute autocracy. And it is rabidly collectivist, insisting that all individual purposes must be subordinated to the state.

On the other hand, Drumpf does employ some of the theatrics of fascism – the strongman bluster (complete with Mussolini's jutting chin), the jingoistic demonization of "the other," the hyper-nationalistic calls for a return to the glory days of the past ("Make America great again"), the word-salad speechifying that defies rational analysis but hits hot-button buzzwords. And Drumpf resembles historical fascists in two other ways: his aggressive non-intellectualism and his worship of brute strength (he admires Putin) with a corresponding contempt for weakness.

Perhaps the best way to characterize Drumpf is that he is a right-wing populist with proto-fascist tendencies. That's not to say all his supporters are wrong in feeling left out and left behind, frustrated and angry, fed up with the establishment, and convinced that they do not factor into the political-economic calculus of the elites. They have perfectly valid reasons to want to upset the apple cart. But Drumpf, in my opinion, is not the answer. He appeals to the worst in human nature, and he appears to be a pretty poor example of human nature in his own right. As George Will quipped, "Is there a disagreeable human trait he doesnot have?"

America, we are better than this. We really are.

Such hatred.

13094206_10206632826444632_5551799166709

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

As Brant notes, there is 404 at the link...

William,

That's odd. It might be because I am Facebook friends with Michael... who knows? Here is his Facebook feed and if you scroll down, you can see the post. But if not, here is a screenshot:

05.15.2016-13.22.png

I was going to include the start of the next post, but Michael was really nasty to Trump in that one. So people can see that one on their own time.

:) 

Michael

On 5/1/2016 at 11:17 AM, Robert Campbell said:

The man nobody wants to talk about.

None of the Trumpians hereabouts have shown much interest in Paul Manafort.

Paul Manafort is hilarious in this clip

17 hours ago, turkeyfoot said:

A recent poll conducted for "Global News" found that nearly 20 percent of American respondents would "consider moving to Canada" if Donald Trump was to be elected president.

A new service matches those of similar anti Trump sentiment with a way out.

http://www.maplematch.com

There is only one way to test that.  Trump wins - then count the number of people who emigrate to Canada.  If the number is substantially less than 20 percent (I suspect it will be)  then the proposition is false.

Global News is one of the English national news networks up in the hellhole. They partnered with Ipsos, a firm with a decent reputation. Bear in mind that Canadians poll Americans, not usually the other way round.  This one had questions other than sounding who 'would consider moving.'  See  topline comments here and here at the Global news website.

We Canuckis need to know about you a fair bit more that you need to know about us, I'd say, in line with Pierre Trudeau's joke about the mouse and the elephant sharing a bed. Your influence is several magnitudes larger than that measured the other way. 

As for 'consider moving' to Canada, I am sure it passes the minds of Americans with semi-monotony, just like 'would consider retiring early' and 'would build a big house on a hill' and 'would  lap-dance Donald for the right price' ...  and that the executive-choice election cycle must provide a few new scenarios for the musings.  

From our side of the border, American immigrants have several legs up on other hopefuls, besides language facility:  your education system is very close to ours, meaning that professional qualifications are more easily transferable across the border. For example, a doctor, engineer, instructor, manager of complex technical enterprises ... it is already relatively easy to gain permanent residency and path to citizenship through your work. The same applies in other professions and classes of worker -- but only to the extent where we see an employment vacancy that cannot be filled otherwise.

That said, our system is designed to be nimble. We have slowed down entry in the professional categories in favour of a larger refugee inflow.  

But none of that was funny at all, so ...

Here's the present PM Trudeau joshing about the presumed hordes ready to rush north from Drumpfistan. His interviewer taxed him with the results of an earlier poll that found larger numbers dreamt of fleeing Drumpfistan and Clintonya 

Edited by william.scherk
Added final 'verse'

15 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

There is only one way to test that.  Trump wins - then count the number of people who emigrate to Canada.  If the number is substantially less than 20 percent (I suspect it will be)  then the proposition is false.

Wheres the sense of humor? How do we test that? heh

More from the  nasty millennials at Vox:

On Wednesday, Donald Drumpf released a list of 11 people he'd consider nominating to the Supreme Court.

And in either a display of supreme open-mindedness or (much more likely) terribly bad vetting, one person on that list — Justice Don Willett of the Texas Supreme Court — has repeatedly taken to his Twitter account to mock Drumpf over the past year.

Willett poked fun at Drumpf's campaign slogan, at Drumpf University, at the billionaire's attempts at evangelical outreach, at his ideological commitment to conservatism, and even at his spelling. Amusingly enough, Willett even wrote that his "mind reels" when trying to think of whom "the Donald" would name to the Supreme Court. Take a look:

Sometimes Trump's hair looks like a shorter cut Hillary's hair. Similar color and general appearance. Odd. Yet I suppose if a woman can color and cut her hair and appear more likeable then a man should be able to do the same without criticism.

9 hours ago, Peter said:

Sometimes Trump's hair looks like a shorter cut Hillary's hair.

Peter,

After Trump started criticizing Megyn Kelly last year, she started doing her hair more like his (with her own touch, of course) than her former long hair style.

Imitation is the best form of flattery. 

:evil:  :) 

Michael