Trump humor

C23z9_bXgAAA1Wt.jpg

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Just to keep it going.

After all, fake news ain't going anywhere.

[...]

Infowars?  MSK, do you know where he got that image from... ?!?!

I saw that image already.  The original aerial shot CNN was floating around was taken earlier than the gigapixel image.  There are more people in the gigapixel image---however---time and respect matters, right?

Trump's vantage point, 12:09PM:

632194746.jpg

From the National Park Service Earthcam, 12:09PM:
NATL_MALL_TrumpNoon2_EarthCam_1.png

(source: http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/21/14347298/trump-inauguration-crowd-size )

Check out the CNN interactive if you want to, zoom in, and consider crowds move so the density can appear different when it's the same.

So the Infowars guy did an improper analysis... and what's funny is that he used an image from CNN to do it!  :lol:

The thing I like best about this crowd size issue is that the press, which is already discredited, is further discredited by harping on this. Trump is punking them off big time this go around.

Nothing is more boring to the public at large than gotcha over what they see as inconsequential trivia. And most people see this thing as inconsequential trivia. People want to know about money, terrorism, the wall, jobs, etc.

But Trump got the press so wound up on gotcha over this, all they are talking about is crowd size and how unfair, dishonest, wrong, etc., Trump is (in a tone of paragon of virtue, ov course, mah deah... :) ).

They sit back and blab on and on with long-ass analyses, heated denials, one headline after another and so on as they bleed audience. And don't think Trump (and Banner) doesn't know this.

:) 

Meanwhile, Sean Spicer announced there will be 4 Skype connections added to the press room for press and alternative press that are not situated in DC.

I presume that each Skype connection will be on group conference and not be limited to one outlet. I also presume they will get to ask questions.

And the mainstream press doesn't even see what is happening to them right under their very noses. After all, they have to urgently report that Trump was wrong on crowd size.

Not only are they dishonest, they are stupid.

Wait until they see their new lower ratings over the next few months...

Michael

Just look at ABC's Jonathan Karl trying to play gotcha with Sean Spicer by asking him to pledge to never knowingly lie to the media. He didn't expect Spicer to respond the way he did.

Suddenly, Mr. Karl took on a tone of getting his ass whupped when his gotcha didn't take and Spicer beaned him with a duh-level obvious fact he hadn't thought about (online viewers).

Spicer landed it home hard and asked him if he had any numbers to dispute what he claimed. Karl hunched over like a bully popped in the nose and said he didn't want to get into it.

I swear, I believe this whole thing was a Trump set-up from the beginning. It's playing out just like all those other times during the election when he got the press chasing their tales on faux outrage, then looking like fools when their gotcha cigars blew up in their faces and he kept on winning.

Michael

15 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I swear, I believe this whole thing was a Trump set-up from the beginning. It's playing out just like all those other times during the election when he got the press chasing their tales on faux outrage, then looking like fools when their gotcha cigars blew up in their faces and he kept on winning.

This guy from the Wall Street Journal gets it.

Trump, the Press and the Dictatorship of the Trolletariat
The president pursues a canny strategy of sending journalists on wild-goose ‘fact checks.’
by Barton Swaim
Wall Street Journal
Jan. 23, 2017

From the article:

Mr. Trump has little but contempt for the mainstream media. Or at least he wants the media to think so. He realized some time ago, as many a Republican presidential candidate realized before him, that most journalists covering his campaign would interpret his pronouncements and decisions in the worst possible light. Mr. Trump decided not to play their game. Instead, he would troll them. Constantly, mercilessly troll them.

The effect was to stop them from covering his candidacy in the usual ways—with the kind of one-sided analysis guaranteed to make his Democratic opponent look superior—and instead to send them off on crazy “fact checking” errands in search of intrinsically worthless data. Did “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrate the 9/11 attacks in New Jersey? Did he really oppose the Iraq war, and when? Is “The Art of the Deal” really the bestselling business book of all time?

Now that he is president, reporters assigned to Mr. Trump are in a tough position. They have to pay close attention to what the White House says, but they know the White House may give them garbage and dare them to spend an entire working day trying to verify or debunk it. Meanwhile Mr. Trump will make the ordinary decisions any president must make—court nominations, executive orders, negotiations with foreign leaders—while reporters are off trying to disprove some idiotic claim about the president’s approval ratings. They’ll feel as if they’re in an impossible bind, trolled into looking the other way, futilely insisting on their authority as the nation’s guardians of truth.

. . .

Mr. Trump has decided, rightly or wrongly, that the press is not the people. A ridiculous “lie” to the press, in his view, is not a lie to the people. The press rejects that distinction, believing themselves to be the crucial link between the people and the government—indeed, between the people and reality itself. Right now, though, it doesn’t matter what they think. They must deal with reality.

The press may try to run with this to play a victimhood story, but look what they've done to their customers for decades. They keep acting like gatekeepers of information, not disseminators. I don't think any journalist has been the same since two unknowns at the time took down a president (Nixon). They all dream of doing that. Screw their readers, they have important things to do.

When all that was available was the mainstream press, they could get away with it. Now they have to compete with alternative media and, on top of that, Trump sends them off on these wild goose chases, these "crazy 'fact checking' errands in search of intrinsically worthless data." And they fall for it every time. In his view, if they are always going to play gotcha, might as well make them play gotcha on cream pies smashing into their faces. :) 

But why do they keep falling for it?

Because they are not interested in information, in informing the public. They are interested in damaging people, especially torching celebrities they don't like, and more especially taking down a president, then flexing their imaginary biceps to each other in delusions of power.

Until they give up that primary motivation inside themselves, they will continue to be punked off by Trump. And they will continue to fall for it. And the number of people who love Trump will continue to grow.

Meanwhile, it's entertaining as all get out. Funny, too.

Michael

16 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Is this really W?

No.

This isn't technically speaking humor, but I find it funny as hell.

and

Michael

It was only a matter of time before  Donald Trump  said:  "You're fired!"

He accused his one time acting attorney general of "disloyalty"  but she may have been acting on genuine principle.  I think Trump may be a bit narrow minded that way.  His is more likely to take disagreement personally  than philosophically and abstractly.  Not that this makes any difference.  If an executive in charge of an enterprise or undertaking  is being stymied by a subordinate (for any reason)  the only logical thing to do is to say:  "You're fired"!