Trump humor

27 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Korben,

I still don't understand.

Why is it funny that Trump decided to run and why would that be funny on the 9th?

Is it equally funny that Hillary Clinton decided to run?

I don't get it.

Sorry, I must be thick for real today...

Michael

Depends on if you value him or not, to see the contradiction.  For example, some of the stuff you post I don't see the humor in.

Jus sayin'

:)

1 hour ago, KorbenDallas said:

Depends on if you value him or not, to see the contradiction.

Korben,

What contradiction?

That Trump decided to run for office and ran for office?

Where's "the contradiction" you mentioned in that?

And what does not seeing a contradiction have to do with valuing, anyway?

(Are you familiar with my epistemological process of cognitive before normative? I've written about this often. You have to know what something is correctly before you can evaluate it correctly. In other words, I put a lot of emphasis on dispassionate identification to get it right before letting my emotions loose.)

I understand unfunny because of a different value orientation. For example, when above I showed a picture of Hillary Clinton inside a pumpkin made to look like jail bars, I understand that would not be funny to a Clinton supporter. But on the cognitive level, they would be able to see the tie-in to Halloween, a pretend attempt to celebrate the holiday but really using it for making a negative comment on her legal issues. So they wouldn't like the humor, but they would know it is humor.

What I don't understand is the incomprehensible.

I literally don't see the hook for humor in showing a normal picture of Trump announcing he is running for office. It's the same as if someone showed me a picture of a rock (or even a standard picture of Ayn Rand like the one in the header of OL) and laughed, then said I don't get it because I value differently.

All I can do is look and scratch my head.

The following is anti-Trump humor:

Donald Trump has no Clue, has no Plan, and will make nothing great except in his warped imagination.:

The one below is not humor, but it will be agreeable to Trump haters and some might call it humor. At least there is an attempt to demean Trump. But humor-wise, it's just name-calling with no attempt to be funny:

No wonder Trump became a republican, the truth doesn't exist in the republican party.:

Your image of Trump announcing his candidacy doesn't even call him a name. It doesn't do anything but show him announcing he is running for office.

So I don't understand where the humor tie-in is.

Whatever...

Michael

2 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Certainly there are a lot of non pro-Trump people that think it's a joke Trump ran in the first place.

Korben,

I don't hear any of them laughing.

:evil:  :) 

That's probably the root of my lack of understanding.

Of course I remember the stuff from June of last year:

Great times, those...

Nonstop hilarity.

Nobody could stop yuk yuk yukking it up.

(One of my first forays into video making is going to be a montage of this early stuff... er... added to a montage of later... :) )

btw - Just a tip. The essence of humor is comparison. If there is nothing to compare an image or message to, it is impossible to make humor with it. Your simple image of Trump announcing he was running lacked a comparison. Now that he's got the nomination and half the country (probably more) behind him--he's certainly on the rise--that's is a weird context to find that initial image funny, even for Trump haters.

For the crazies, just saying the name, Donald Trump, makes them crack up. But they don't need comparisons, their laughter tends to be maniacal, and I don't think we are talking about those jolly folks, anyway.

Or are we?

Michael

Edited by william.scherk

15 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

btw - Just a tip. The essence of humor is comparison. If there is nothing to compare an image or message to, it is impossible to make humor with it. Your simple image of Trump announcing he was running lacked a comparison. Now that he's got the nomination and half the country (probably more) behind him--he's certainly on the rise--that's is a weird context to find that initial image funny, even for Trump haters.

:D

Even for Trump haters ...

Edited by william.scherk

The GIF is not very well made and runs slow so you can read the comments, but the schtick is funny as hell.

If that ain't the way it happened, it sure looks like the way it happened.

LOL...

Michael

Hehehehe...

(I originally posted this to the Hillary Humor thread by mistake. I deleted it there and put it here in Trump Humor where it belongs.)

Michael

The only thing that scares me about this election (from Business Insider):

GLENN BECK: The 'race is over,' Donald Trump 'should win' by 5 points

Beck has always been wrong in his predictions about presidential races.

Wouldn't it be a pisser for him to be correct his first time about the very man he hates?

:evil:  :) 

Michael

16 hours ago, Mikee said:

Mike,

It looks like Getty sold the image to The Guardian. So your link doesn't work anymore.

Never fear, I am here. :) 

From the Trump thread:

10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The Chinese prediction monkey kissed Trump instead of Clinton!

A monkey kisses the cardboard cutout of US Presidential candidate Donald Trump during a selection intended to predict the result of the US election, at a park in Changsha, in China's Hunan province on November 3, 2016. The monkey chose Republican candidate Donald Trump. / AFP PHOTO / STR / China OUT

From The Guardian:

China’s ‘monkey king’ picks Trump as next US president

Michael

Trump has his yahoos doing 777.

But Hillary Clinton has her spirit protectors, too.

Here's some advice written in proper form (blood, human breast milk and sperm) from one of her secret gurus, Marina Abravonic:

11.05.2016-09.20.png

I can even see Hillary doing it in my mind's eye. 

Maybe that will help her election woes...

:evil: 

Michael