Trump humor

So Juvenal satire it is.

This is so darn delicious...

Donald Trump tweeting Michael Moore saying good, inspiring and heroic things about Trump.

:)

Michael

Trump jokes about cancelling the election ...

Donald Trump suggested today that the election should be canceled and called for him.

While speaking in Ohio, the Republican presidential nominee questioned why an election was even being held, saying that Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s policies are “so bad."

"In just thinking to myself right now, we should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump right?" Trump said. "Why are we even having it for? What are we having it for? Her policies are so bad. Boy, do we have a big difference."

23 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

As Rush Limbaugh explained quite some time ago, around this time the polls will start coming into line to reflect reality, but they still won't be accurate until about 5 days before the election.

The reason? According to Rush, public polls exist to mold public opinion and/or artificially manufacture news (they are an excellent hook for pundits to gather and talk).

But polling companies need a decent reputation to stay in business after elections, so they peg their reputations to the more accurate polls starting five days out and make up all kinds of crap to justify being wildly off before.

The alignment is now happening and Drudge is not going to make it easy for them.

10.28.2016-08.54.png

Michael

On 10/27/2016 at 9:38 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is so darn delicious...

Donald Trump tweeting Michael Moore saying good, inspiring and heroic things about Trump.

Michael Moore tried to do a persuasion duel with Trump and lost big-time.

He was interviewed by Megyn Kelly last night to do damage control and turned into a big blubbering mass of incoherence and contradictions. Trump did that to him. You know how?

Donald Trump punked Michael Moore big-time by tweeting out a passage from his show where Moore misfired all over the place.

Here is a good overview from Milo and a video of the interview:

WATCH: MICHAEL MOORE STUMBLES TRYING TO EXPLAIN PRO-TRUMP COMMENTS WITH MEGYN KELLY

Here's the video of the section from Moore's show that he's bitching about.

I'm posting it again so you can listen to it (if you haven't already) as reference for what I am going to say below.

So here's where Moore screwed up.

Any great persuader knows that you have to bond emotionally with your audience BEFORE you present what you want to persuade them of. 

Michael Moore decided to do that on steroids and blew it big time. When you bond with your audience, you need to stay with the high-valence emotions like anger and fear and insecure hope. You can NEVER EVER EVER EVER give them a feeling of satisfaction (a low valence emotion). Satisfied people have completed their emotional journey and won't listen to a damn thing you say afterward. They are shutting down, not ramping up.

In trying to bond with his public all the way down to the bottom of their souls, Moore described their pain in powerful images, told them it wasn't their fault, and ramped it up. (In persuasion, this is called "twisting the knife.") So far, so good. Moore did this beautifully. He even said they had a single weapon left (the vote) to throw a Molotov cocktail into the system that had destroyed their lives.

But then he gave the wrong solution (for his message) with a huuuuuuuuuge emotional payoff: "Yes, on November 8th, you Joe Blow, Steve Blow, Bob Blow, Billy Blow, Billy Bob Blow, all the Blows get to go and blow up the whole goddamn system because it's your right. Trump's election is going to be the biggest fuck you ever recorded in human history." And to make sure the satisfaction got across, he even said, "And it will feel... [dramatic pause]... good!"

Michael Moore completed the emotional throughline, the climax, the payoff with his problem (Trump's election) as the reward. His solution (Hillary Clinton) was supposed to do that, not his problem. 

(In the show, Moore continued by saying this feeling will be temporary and the realization of a bigger problem will set in, but that part emotionally fizzles following such a powerful payoff as before.)

Trump, master communicator and master persuader, recognized this and merely let it stand on its own as he pushed it out to his audience. 

Now Moore is crying foul. He's seen the size of his screw-up. He realizes he may actually help persuade people to vote for Trump and he doesn't know what to do about it but bitch.

Trump gets to let Michael Moore persuade (and persuade well) for him, and he gets to punk Moore off at the same time.

That's a beautiful thing to behold.

Michael

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The number of people at rallies does not have anything to do with polls or how people vote in the end.

The number of people at rallies, compared six ways, makes neat data..Rallies are fun in themselves. 

Beyond fun, rallies can add oomph to all your activities, from getting everybody registered to vote, to taking personal data and email addresses to add to your big data and get out the vote operations. And rallies give 'troops' enthusiasm. Even counting heads is a thrill. Anyone who has been to a big stump speech knows the thrills that can be had in thinking that the huge crowd is a useful rule of thumb. As so many have pointed out, the claim has been made that Rally Numbers 'show'' the state of the race.   Candidate with the bigger turnout gets a bigger turnout, and wins. .Dang the polls (until November 3).

I think it out as if the rally numbers are facets of the bigger story, facts in themselves.  They are evidence of X-axis things within a Trump orbit.  Separately, the 'corporate polls' indicate Z-axis things across orbits of both parties and independents -- and do not amount to strong evidence. However, rally-goers are a subset of a larger, likely-voter bloc for the candidate on the stage and are a sort of 'poll' in its sense of head-count.  Numbers measure not only the get-a-crowd-out ability of the 'Star,' but can be taken to indicate some things about the larger cohort of allied supporters who weren't able to get to a rally, yet.

Here then, to measure against each other, you do the demographic board -- you try to scientifically 'sample' the rallying folks to segment them out -- and then you resort to your internal polling to compare. You might be getting out a big, self-selected gang of Trump supporters, but the gangs might not always match the complete demographic of the hoped-for Trump voter. So, if I were a Trump campaign, I would make sure I was going to make my rallies in 'soft' or swinging states.  I would use my pollsters' advice on where to bring out my crowds and adjust my other efforts. 

So, Mr Trump is in Maine today, seeing some weakness in the Clinton numbers there.  He is getting up to three and four appearances a day and with Pence along or not, the campaign will be wielding Mr Trump like a rock star giving free shows to folks lucky enough to be able to make time, five times a day, in a pattern around OH, FL, NH, ME,FL,PA. I wonder when he finds the time to read. But anyway, follow the rallies over the next ten days.  Those states and their regions are where the election will probably be won. Note that second-order appearances will also be taking place: Eric and Donald Jr and Ivanka are in Arizona and Utah. The Clinton corps, including the First Family and old Bill Penis will be stumping in their own sad way.

Now, I tried to make these proceeding humourous but failed. This will have to do ...

Or this:  EMAIL CLINTON WEINER FBI BOMBSHELL SEX CONGRESS PENIS WATERGATE HUMA ABEDIN LOCK HER UP NOW BREATHE BREATHE INTO THE BAG BREATHE BREATHE

Edited by william.scherk
Ooph is not oomph

Time for some older memes.

Context: It's just been announced that the FBI is reopening the case against Hillary Clinton and there is speculation flying around that the FBI recovered a lot of emails from Anthony Weiner's smartphone.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

On 10/21/2016 at 8:20 AM, william.scherk said:

I found this [...] at the Conservative Treehouse ...  emphasis added.

The real battle, is the battle for your mind…

The peak U.S. media false polling cycle is thankfully in the rear-view mirror.  Over the next eight days corporate media entities will begin scaling back the promoted pro-Clinton polling advantages they have falsely inserted into the presidential election narrative.  By Friday October 28th, their manipulative cycle will have concluded.

It's on, suckers!   Bend back to reality or find your business cratered after November 8.

clinton-machine-ben-garrison_orig.jpg

Humor for Hillary Clinton Supporters

A 64 year old homeless black woman decided she wanted to stand guard over the spot where Donald Trump's Hollywood Star was removed by a Trump-hater with a pick-axe.

Hillary Clinton supporters used the opportunity for some rip-roaring good times.

Lot's of fun and giggles for all.

Michael

I'm trying to come up with a quip for this, but the reality is too bizarre.

The Obama administration's top legal executive pleaded the fifth about a ransom payment.

What could possibly be wrong with that?

(From The Washington Free Beacon):

Congress: Attorney General Lynch ‘Pleads Fifth’ on Secret Iran ‘Ransom’ Payments

Michael

8-adam-zyglis-buffalo-news.jpg