Trump humor

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Bob,

Here's a montage of Shep Sheppard's reporting on the hurricane so you can see what is being parodied. The sad part is that he is not the only one doing this crap.

[...]

Michael

There's a saying said around here: "hurricanes are good business."  Whose business?  Grocers, hardware stores, politicians, etc.  Grocery store stock outs; hardware store "no returns" on generators, lumber, plywood, and supplies; politicians and officials, both local and state, being super-awesome in their warnings and recovery.

Someone should tell Shep that a hurricane isn't a tornado.

Thing is, I said it to someone like Shep one time and they said, "BUT HURRICANES HAVE TORNADOES TOO!!"  :rolleyes:

Catching up with some unfunny things in this thread.

On 10/2/2016 at 8:58 PM, Brant Gaede said:
On 10/2/2016 at 4:31 PM, william.scherk said:

If any other readers are in doubt of the outcome of the town meeting format TV encounter a week away, I'd say it will be easy for Mr Trump to best his first performance.  He will do his prep like a man, and be less distracted. 

Trump could win if he wants to win. If he loses he gets to keep all his marbles.  [...] Will his empire evaporate in his presidential wake?

He is a billionaire with a portfolio of real estate holdings, interests and debt. He keeps all his brands only if he loses, probably, as Trump President actively running Trump Brands would appear unseemly, prone to conflicts of interest.  In office all the winning would be scored to America, not the stock value of Trump Inc.   Trump Inc would be in a 'blind trust' ...

If he does not take office, his brand could be a victim of loser-avoidance at some degree, but the word-association reality of Trump+Luxury suggests he could capitalize even on the loss. He is an expert on digging out of a hole, financial or otherwise. Some of the recent Trump towers on licence are truly top-end five-star plus properties.  That swag won't sag too much, and neither will the jewels and gilt of his recreational holdings and licences.  

More intriguing to me right now is finding out what Mr Trump would do with his public persona after a loss. Would he remain 'in politics' or retreat back to his mainstream operations as Boss of all bosses?  Would he get his investments together and launch a new media entity? 

Closer in time -- if elected to office, a more  intense preparation for inauguration begins, the staff hiring, the 'transition' .. the curtain goes up on Chris Christie as a manager of the handover from the Obama administration.

I think the major problem with In Office is the likely distraction index, the appetite for learning and briefing and focus. President-elect Trump could be the same man we see this week, consumed by what consumes his attention, not fixed on his road ahead, not fixed on the detail of a tremendous reform of the state.  

In preparation for office I expect lieutenants, many lieutenants, the Wall, a series of brinksmanship statements meant to ring in the heads of foreign partners and adversaries.  I see him lording it over Obama, continuing to 'campaign,' do rallies, plan for a yuge inaugural.  He will be wondering why he can't take over immediately. :wub:

In the counter-reality where Trump loses big league and any 'rigging' whines will be comical, I see an ultimate reversion to the mean.  All that is seen as squalid and tawdry about Trump, all that is attributable to narcissism, all that gave him Ick Factor, all this will wash out, and his reputation as at least a purveyor of luxury will be intact. The Trump stamp on things will always be associated with all that money can buy. 

He will then turn a loss into a win. Much like he is currently gaming expectations going in to Sunday's Town Hall.

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here is how Drudge is responding to the overhype of the hurricane in Florida, seeing how overhyping this actual disaster is great for the Democratic climate change agenda--and even for the election since it sucks up the media attention and keeps it off Hillary's scandals.

I think the partisan divide over  'climate change' issues is too deep for the presidential election to be affected one inch this way or that.  Drudge doesn't have a lot of respect among Ye Eleetz, let alone meteorologists,  these tweet clunkers dug him a fresh hole of stupid and ignorant in mainstream estimation. Ho hum.  

I did not see particular 'over-hyping' or deception by the national information services you guys have  -- not from the Hurricane Center. It is unwarranted to accuse that enterprise of lying with its reports -- that is what the Drudge tweets were about.  As I understand it, the Hurricane Center crunches data and displays it -- they are not responsible for media islands who do a shitty job of reporting on relative likelihoods of Apocalypse.

Since Drudge is a bit of a hermit, he will not be responding to criticism of his tweets. Ho hum. And there the gulf between Left/Liberal Right/Conservative deepens. Unwarranted nonsense takes over a sector of the hoopla attending the election.  Is that good for Objectivish things, reason, truth, fact, rational inquiry, reasonable argument?

I hope that Matthew does not veer west. America does not need a major disaster before an election. Sometimes the optics of a disaster can be exploited by one party or another. Let this storm degrade and move way offshore and die.  A storm that moves onto land downgraded to 'Tropical Storm,' as we know from Sandy, can hit hard and cost gazillions of dollars in recovery.

Moving on ...

signe-wilkinson-washington-post-writers-

Edited by william.scherk
spelling

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Catching up with some unfunny things in this thread.

He is a billionaire with a portfolio of real estate holdings, interests and debt. He keeps all his brands only if he loses, probably, as Trump President actively running Trump Brands would appear unseemly, prone to conflicts of interest.  In office all the winning would be scored to America, not the stock value of Trump Inc.   Trump Inc would be in a 'blind trust' ...

If he does not take office, his brand could be a victim of loser-avoidance at some degree, but the word-association reality of Trump+Luxury suggests he could capitalize even on the loss. He is an expert on digging out of a hole, financial or otherwise. Some of the recent Trump towers on licence are truly top-end five-star plus properties.  That swag won't sag too much, and neither will the jewels and gilt of his recreational holdings and licences.  

More intriguing to me right now is finding out what Mr Trump would do with his public persona after a loss. Would he remain 'in politics' or retreat back to his mainstream operations as Boss of all bosses?  Would he get his investments together and launch a new media entity? 

Closer in time -- if elected to office, a more  intense preparation for inauguration begins, the staff hiring, the 'transition' .. the curtain goes up on Chris Christie as a manager of the handover from the Obama administration.

I think the major problem with In Office is the likely distraction index, the appetite for learning and briefing and focus. President-elect Trump could be the same man we see this week, consumed by what consumes his attention, not fixed on his road ahead, not fixed on the detail of a tremendous reform of the state.  

In preparation for office I expect lieutenants, many lieutenants, the Wall, a series of brinksmanship statements meant to ring in the heads of foreign partners and adversaries.  I see him lording it over Obama, continuing to 'campaign,' do rallies, plan for a yuge inaugural.  He will be wondering why he can't take over immediately. :wub:

In the counter-reality where Trump loses big league and any 'rigging' whines will be comical, I see an ultimate reversion to the mean.  All that is seen as squalid and tawdry about Trump, all that is attributable to narcissism, all that gave him Ick Factor, all this will wash out, and his reputation as at least a purveyor of luxury will be intact. The Trump stamp on things will always be associated with all that money can buy. 

He will then turn a loss into a win. Much like he is currently gaming expectations going in to Sunday's Town Hall.

I think the partisan divide over  'climate change' issues is too deep for the presidential election to be affected one inch this way or that.  Drudge doesn't have a lot of respect among Ye Eleetz, let alone meteorologists,  these tweet clunkers dug him a fresh hole of stupid and ignorant in mainstream estimation. Ho hum.  

I did not see particular 'over-hyping' or deception by the national information services you guys have  -- not from the Hurricane Center. It is unwarranted to accuse that enterprise of lying with its reports -- that is what the Drudge tweets were about.  As I understand it, the Hurricane Center crunches data and displays it -- they are not responsible for media islands who do a shitty job of reporting on relative likelihoods of Apocalypse.

Since Drudge is a bit of a hermit, he will not be responding to criticism of his tweets. Ho hum. And there the gulf between Left/Liberal Right/Conservative deepens. Unwarranted nonsense takes over a sector of the hoopla attending the election.  Is that good for Objectivish things, reason, truth, fact, rational inquiry, reasonable argument?

I hope that Matthew does not veer west. America does not need a major disaster before an election. Sometimes the optics of a disaster can be exploited by one party or another. Let this storm degrade and move way offshore and die.  A storm that moves onto land downgraded to 'Tropical Storm,' as we know from Sandy, can hit hard and cost gazillions of dollars in recovery.

Moving on ...

signe-wilkinson-washington-post-writers-

trump is overall an ignoramus,  but he seems to have a knack for building Hotels and gambling houses on the Boardwalk.  And when he loses he gets a tax break.  That is a good deal...

This is probably going to be A Thing ...  Mr Trump caught on hot-mic (covered in forty or so stories up now at Memeorandum) explaining what being a star entitles him to in the way of access to lady bits.  Funny hilariously sad and sad funny-peculiar -- as expertly timed by Media Clinton Inc, of which one tentacle has been holding on to this tape since 2005.  

The meme?  As it came from Trump mouth:

aee021f4a78a5eebbf1b4a5c59a2c097a617db5c

Ye Eleetz meedya  are gingerly opening this file. Methinks the stickiness of the meme will provide a Saturday full of intense hoopla. How does he explain his crude comment come Sunday? The former superlative for Trump's 1995 tax form page leak as meedja "Bombshell!" is now going to be topped, mark my words, by "Shock Waves" ...

-- he has subsequently apologized in a statement that mentioned Bill (Clinton) and golf and who was worse at being Creepy Uncle Fingers. That's gonna put the cork back in the bottle. 

22 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

This is probably going to be A Thing ...  Mr Trump caught on hot-mic (covered in forty or so stories up now at Memeorandum) explaining what being a star entitles him to in the way of access to lady bits.  Funny hilariously sad and sad funny-peculiar -- as expertly timed by Media Clinton Inc, of which one tentacle has been holding on to this tape since 2005.  

The meme?  As it came from Trump mouth:

aee021f4a78a5eebbf1b4a5c59a2c097a617db5c

Ye Eleetz meedya  are gingerly opening this file. Methinks the stickiness of the meme will provide a Saturday full of intense hoopla. How does he explain his crude comment come Sunday? The former superlative for Trump's 1995 tax form page leak as meedja "Bombshell!" is now going to be topped, mark my words, by "Shock Waves" ...

-- he has subsequently apologized in a statement that mentioned Bill (Clinton) and golf and who was worse at being Creepy Uncle Fingers. That's gonna put the cork back in the bottle. 

Timing by the Clinton campaign is expert here, seems to be a response to the Podesta e-mails, and the content seems to be bait by Hillary, her wanting Trump to attack her about Bill.

It does seem like it's going to be a thing--

Where can I buy that hat?

:lol:

I think that dirty talk might get Trump even more votes.

The true nature of the American public might be the real October surprise.

:)

Michael

EDIT: Don't forget, everyone knows about Bill Clinton in all his blowjob raping glory and he's as popular as ever. Even Anthony Weiner made a serious run for NYC mayor after the entire sexting scandal. The only reason he's out now is because he didn't stop. That, to me, is the American public. :) 

Trump haters will tut-tut-tut about Trump's potty mouth. They'll tut-tut-tut about anything he does or says. I seriously doubt his momentum will be affected. His voters certainly aren't going anywhere. I might be wrong, but I doubt it. This humanizes him in a certain way as a form of reestablishing sanity in a world upside-down for a lot of people who like the idea of a man's man (both sexes). Thus, I think his voter pool will increase. Hell, I even think many gay people will secretly like this episode. It is the ultimate gotcha, though... :) 

19 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Where can I buy that hat?

:lol:

There was a thing up here in Canada, outside a sporting event, a background actor spouting off and interrupting the on-air TV talent outside the game. Guy got in her space and said the faddish laddish meme, "F... her in the ....."  Talent asked him, sternly if surprised, "why would you say that?" It goes viral. He was identified by nosy Canadians and his employer fired him. A public company. I think he litigated. He did not come off as a hero, even after some people whined about unjust shaming over a 'no harm' action. 

It seems to me that when appropriate, you can self-rebuke, dispose of shame like a man.  An ugly remark cannot define you unless you fail to repudiate it. The key is to understand the disgust emotions of others.  In a pinch, simulate empathy and figure out the ick factor, as I said on the other thread in re tomorrow's public encounter with both candidates.

17 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I think that dirty talk might get Trump even more votes.

Maybe.  On Bizarro world.

Don't forget, everyone knows about Bill Clinton in all his blowjob raping glory and he's as popular as ever.

Right.  There is an element of time to consider. The rapey-ish blowjob forced on poor Monica was some time ago. The great Penis hoopla gushed for a long time, but Clinton surmounted it. He didn't put it away in a day, a news cycle, three weeks.  This grab-pussy entitlement explainer by Mr Trump is fresh. 

Trump haters will tut-tut-tut about Trump's potty mouth.

That is self-evident. The Trump-doubters and other nervous nellies will also emit outrage false and fair.  For some pussy-possessors grimacing inwardly, groaning with disgust, the rubrics of haters, doubters and not-yet-aboards doesn't cover the full spectrum of distaste.  Partisan support for Mr Trump's sexual aggressivity today is exceedingly thin on the ground.  The rebuke is wall to wall.  

It might be funny to make a grab-pussy star-entitlement explainer into mere potty-mouth. Fuck is potty mouth, as is pussy -- but the issue isn't he wanted him some pussy, it is that he explained that 'a star' has the latitude to do some things with lesser talent of the female kind, including 'grab em by the pussy.' 

I think the menfolk might ask the lady folk in their lives if the remarks made them more likely to vote Trump. What lady likes the talk of being grabbed by the privates by an entitled star?  Can we say Roger Ailes is So Sexy?

This humanizes him in a certain way as a form of reestablishing sanity in a world upside-down for a lot of people who like the idea of a man's man (both sexes). Thus, I think his voter pool will increase. Hell, I even think many gay people will secretly like this episode. It is the ultimate gotcha, though..

A reestablished sanity where being 'let' grab some genitals is a perk of celebrity, an entitlement of star power ... no thanks.  Is it a more human world where top talent is allowed to grab crotches of lesser talent?  

I am sure you are privately rueful that this  came out and needed an apology. On the whole, we probably agree that is a Not Good of a Thing.  Hopes and dreams and pony fantasies aside, I believe this Thing is hurting the candidate right now, even if only a graze wound. The focus is on him, his apology, his notpology, his walk of shame, not on the awfulness of his opponent.  It is a bona fide MediaGasm.

I am not so secretly gay, and I hope I transcend that in thinking about 'potty mouth' euphemisms. Do these upturned remarks make me like Mr Trump more? 

Fuck no.

5 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Is it a more human world where top talent is allowed to grab crotches of lesser talent?

William,

I guess it depends on the talent.

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The following screenshot of a Facebook post shows what a typical Trump supporter really feels about this sex thing:

10.08.2016-12.40.png

:evil:  :) 

Michael

What Trump should have said is this:  Who is among you is there,  that has never uttered a foul word  or never had a foul thought?  Let him  criticize me. 

38 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

I am not so secretly gay, and I hope I transcend that in thinking about 'potty mouth' euphemisms. Do these upturned remarks make me like Mr Trump more? 

Fuck no.

William,

Thank God for diversity. 

Here is another not-so-secretly gay who probably disagrees with you on a lot, especially on liking Trump (who he calls "Daddy"):

Michael

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Is it a more human world where top talent is allowed to grab crotches of lesser talent?

William,

I want to make another comment on this.

You have worked in the entertainment industry. Have you ever found it to be an elite class versus an oppressed class kind of thing? Sure, celebrities can be assholes, but I'm talking about class oppression. I guess another way of asking this is have you ever seen what lesser talent does to and offers to top talent?

For example, it was quite easy for me to see Bush's nephew shoving that actress on Trump. And that was a real lesser talent sucking up to a top talent.

(I won't even mention what I've seen lesser talent women do. But it works the other way, too. Top talent women get their pick of studs who are more than happy to cut each other's throats to be chosen. And this works perfectly in the gay community at all levels in the entertainment world. God knows, I've seen plenty.)

In my experience, this stuff is a two-way street where there are no angels. It has nothing to do with the morality play the media is trying to promote right now.

Besides, you asked about being "allowed." Who, pray tell, will be the authority that does the allowing or prohibiting of who gets to grab crotches? The same public that likes professional wrestling? Or maybe a career civil servant? A politician? A news pundit? A public censor? The morality police like in Saudi Arabia?

Have you ever known any of these with a stellar morally perfect private life?

Michael

18 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here is another not-so-secretly gay who probably disagrees with you on a lot, especially on liking Trump (who he calls "Daddy"):

Milo has been getting in and out of trouble with Twitter, so here is his Facebook post in case the Twitter post gets removed and the embed doesn't show up anymore.

Michael

At least we know that President Obama keeps it classy.

‘Cocks Not Glocks’ crew gets invited to the White House
by Chris Eger
Guns.com
October 7, 2016

From the article:

Organizers of an anti-gun protest at the University of Texas in Austin against a new campus carry law noted for garnering some 4,000 adult toys which they gave away, earning immortality on the Daily Show, have made their way to Pennsylvania Avenue.

. . .

“They think it’s the first time ‘dildo’ has been said in the Roosevelt Room in the West Wing,” the group noted on social media.

oops...

:evil:  :) 

Michael

They had no right to violate Trump's privacy by releasing that tape. Grabbing pussy is private. I know because they explained it all to me in the nineties. Bill had been mouth fucking a 22 year old subordinate in the Oval Office, shooting loads into her hair and all over her dress, dipping his cigar into her... And they explained how that's sex, and so totally private. A  painful matter between Bill and Hillary, no one else's business. I even recall that since Hillary had forgiven him, we must too.

According to what I learned from Dems in the nineties, anyone still talking about the Trump tape is a perverted loser, needs to go get a life.

2 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

They had no right to violate Trump's privacy by releasing that tape. Grabbing pussy is private. I know because they explained it all to me in the nineties. Bill had been mouth fucking a 22 year old subordinate in the Oval Office, shooting loads into her hair and all over her dress, dipping his cigar into her... And they explained how that's sex, and so totally private. A  painful matter between Bill and Hillary, no one else's business. I even recall that since Hillary had forgiven him, we must too.

According to what I learned from Dems in the nineties, anyone still talking about the Trump tape is a perverted loser, needs to go get a life.

Then let Trump sue for invasion of privacy.....

The pussy-grab Thing is the eye of the great storm of hoopla today, with all the shows battered by bombshells and feverish with speculation. Will he ...? Will she ...? How will he ...?  What will she ...? Pussy. Clinton. Rape. Grope. Blowjob. Private lives. Melania. Exodus of nellies in the GOP. McCain rescinds his endorsement, joining a squad of congress-weasels ditching Trump officially.  And that is only what is on page one storm pussy news and chatter.

Here's some bitter fun from the cranks at Saturday Night Live:

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

Trump needs to come out with all guns firing this evening. No hold back.

Will make for electrifying television if he does do that. If he can be firm, focussed, authoritative, forceful without being nasty, and then quietly declare war on Clinton's Penis (and Hillary's marriage to the original Mr Creepy Entitled Fingers) in defence of his pussy grab remarks.

Although I want drama, the Penis and Me gambit could go places Mr Trump does not foresee.  If he moves to gutter-ize the last few weeks of the campaign, in effect rescinding his pledges to avoid the other guy's Penis, that's no off-ramp from his own remarks. If he acts convincingly contrite for his remarks once audience or moderator prepares the Question in the room, and if he does not immediately ramble off  to Bill Dick Juanita Rape allegations and murky Cindy Is Meaner Than Me waffles, that is a good place to leave it. Say less. Leave the bait on the hook.

Anyhow, I have decided to discount the effect of tonight's encounter.  I think that zingers and gotchas and Have You No Decency missiles may be wielded, but in such a mutually-destructive barrage that each candidate is affected equally. In this scenario, polls don't swing to either candidate as a result. 

But then. What does Trump have to lose if he follows up contrition with a barrage of Penis? 

If the Ick Factor largely inherent to all Bill's Penis stories is raked over by Mr Trump, this forces a calculation: which of these two Penis-heads is worse at the moment? That Trump has been a 'friend' of the Clintons makes the comparison more acute. When should you compare yourself to un-classy-rapey allegations? "All I did wrong was talking about pussy-grabbing. Bad. Smack my hand. Melania is my final wife, my only pussy now. Clinton's sex story is so much worse. Juanita. Blow job. Clinton Death List. Believe me."

I mean, yeah, okay, in the roster of pigs, you are less hog-like than Clinton, or, say, Roger Ailes. Great.  And way less awful than Bill Cosby. Sure.

-- of course this is all speculative. A cool and collected Trump can surgically open the issue of Your Spouse's Aggressive Dick at the town hall -- without going loud, ugly, boasty or aggressive himself.  Given a certain performance of contrition, and a pause,  a quiet aside can be as deadly as anything. 

Mrs Clinton might let the wound of Pussy Thing Reaction fester on its own, and not raise the issue in her own responses, unless directly asked about it. She could then simply point and say, "his own party is fleeing him in droves. What can I say that hasn't been said better by, for example, Senator McCain or his own wife? They have plenty of expectations for Mr Trump, and he should address them first. "

-- one funny thing about today's The Shows, the all-things-politics Sunday Shows,  Rudy Giuliani was on all of them. He was super-surrogate, and so there were no women surrogates, not even Kellyanne Conway, let out of the Tower to do cleanup on Aisle 5.  Mansplaining, as they say.

Speaking of Conway, her position as smooth and professional campaign leader is assured.  She is that good.  But it was funny she wasn't let out of the Tower with The Message today. She usually can be found on The Shows. 

The nasty leftist hive mind at SNL highlights Conway's skills at scandal-whispering.

Edited by william.scherk
spelling

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Speaking of Conway, her position as smooth and professional campaign leader is assured.  She is that good.  But it was funny she wasn't let out of the Tower with The Message today. She usually can be found on The Shows.

William,

On a serious note, I've seen other people perplexed about this and that perplexity confuses me.

Trump is sending men out to deal with this issue. He doesn't want to put his female surrogates in an embarrassing position before the public, i.e. grilled by the press on the nature of his salty language, seeing how each female has a pussy and all.

This seems pretty obvious to me.

Doesn't it sound obvious?

Michael

EDIT: I didn't see the "A Day Off" video before posting. It's actually very funny. :) 

Bill wrote, “The nasty leftist hive mind at SNL highlights Conway's skills at scandal-whispering.”

I saw it and I agree. Nasty.

I recently read Hillsdale College’s paper, Imprimus and it has an article ‘aboot’ Canada that shows that if we discount a few things like the Canadian advent of socialized medicine, which America now has a version of, then Canadians and their institutions are more conservative than US.

Peter