36 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

I don't believe black and lesbian comics are exclusively leftist, that would be bigoted, so I don't understand your question.

:) 

Michael

17 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

I don't believe black and lesbian comics are exclusively leftist, that would be bigoted, so I don't understand your question.

Michael

MSK, you don't understand because you lack the level of humanness and humanity that Carol has achieved. Do you remember how Pigero had the greatest, most objective consumer tastes in music ever? That was his major accomplishment in life. Well, Carol's is having the most humanity. She's the official world's champion at having humanity. She cares the most.

(Except when it comes to black people. She doesn't recognize them as human. She equates them with apes. But other than that, she's really full of humannness and humanity and brotherly love and all that. As long as someone else is paying for it.)

J

Well, I suppose I should finish this damn thing.

I didn't have an actual joke when I let that one loose. The humor was the setup (but you kinda need a sense of humor to see it. I mean, someone who sees lines of fists and doesn't get the pun with "punchline" has a ways to go to understand funny... :evil: 

Anyway, let's finish the damn thing. Since I didn't have a joke in the traditional form, I made one up just now. 

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Two black thugs, a raghead in a suicide vest and a butch feminist walk into a bar...

The first black thug puffed himself up like a bully and said to the bartender, "I want something black, non-alcoholic, and gives a buzz." 

The bartender, pulling out a double-barrel shotgun, said, "I have high energy drinks, but they're not black." The first black thug said, "Black lives are matter, not energy," and the second said, "Hands up don't shoot."

The butch feminist stared at the shotgun. She said, "Don't you dare c-c-c-cock that thing..." but with two barrels, she was too overwhelmed with penis envy to continue. Then she looked at the raghead in a suicide vest. "Say something."

He stared intently at the bartender and said, "I'm going to blow your mind." 

Michael

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Well, I suppose I should finish this damn thing.

I didn't have an actual joke when I let that one loose. The humor was the setup (but you kinda need a sense of humor to see it. I mean, someone who sees lines of fists and doesn't get the pun with "punchline" has a ways to go to understand funny... :evil: 

Anyway, let's finish the damn thing. Since I didn't have a joke in the traditional form, I made one up just now. 

The first black thug puffed himself up like a bully and said to the bartender, "I want something black, non-alcoholic, and gives a buzz." 

The bartender, pulling out a double-barrel shotgun, said, "I have high energy drinks, but they're not black." The first black thug said, "Black lives are matter, not energy," and the second said, "Hands up don't shoot."

The butch feminist stared at the shotgun. She said, "Don't you dare c-c-c-cock that thing..." but with two barrels, she was too overwhelmed with penis envy to continue. Then she looked at the raghead in a suicide vest. "Say something."

He stared intently at the bartender and said, "I'm going to blow your mind." 

Michael

This is funny! but not  traditionally a joke, as you say. It is more like an opening scene for a sitcom. I can see Halle Berry as the female lead .

Three strings walk into a bar.  The bartender says “Can’t you read the sign?  It says NO strings allowed!”  And they promptly get tossed out of the bar.

Not to be phased the one string tousles up hid hair and twists himself up, then walks right back in with his new look.

”Bartender give me a double shot of tequila!”

Bartender replies “hey..aren’t you a string?”

The string replies “No I’m a frayed knot.” 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, caroljane said:

This is funny! but not  traditionally a joke, as you say. It is more like an opening scene for a sitcom. I can see Halle Berry as the female lead .

Incidentally, Halle Berry is into intermittent fasting:  https://www.health.com/celebrities/halle-berry-keto-diet-intermittent-fasting

(at least one OL member would be happy to see that)

The perjury trap ...

DkUafYhXcAU0hbl.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From 2005.

It feels good to have a President who doesn't change.

If the image is too small, the gist was a snooty put-down letter about a review letter Trump sent to the New York Times Book Review--snark snark snark--by journalist Mark Singer (who I have never heard of).

Trump wrote back:

Mark --

You are a total loser -- and your book (and writings) sucks!

Best wishes,

Donald

P.S. And I hear it is selling badly.

D

I guess nuanced snark was lost on him.

Michael

Nuanced snark ...

Dke9OpJU8AAMZt1.jpg

This mordant tweet about The Dog Tapes does not approach the heights of Dennis Edwall's OT, but I thought it might twang the odd funnybone.

On 7/30/2015 at 11:49 AM, Dennis Edwall said:

Totally tasteless. But funny.

Digression:

Spoiler

Why is mordant wit better than sardonic? Is it because it implies fewer people potentially tortured or killed in the making?

The grimmest wit I am familiar with is that of a couple of Syrian commentators. Against unrelenting war, in grief, in hopelessness, bitterness and grievance, yet still reporting on the events of the day and week -- with the occasional painful bite of tragic insight. Today there was a not-yet-fully-confirmed report that Turkish military observation posts along the front of occupation in northern Syria are being supplied with anti-aircraft weapons. This could mean that Turkey will deny the Syrians and Russians the airspace under their 'protection,' thus at least the postponement of the Idlib offensive.  That's NATO Business and potentially dangerous.

The bite was 'who knows what this means in Damascus?'