Leaders are Readers

kb123

I think his system is inventive and all-things-considered a pretty great option, and I wish him well in a new venture. There is some competition in his area from 'certified' septic experts, and if he can offer a better system for a lot cheaper price, only a churl would question him on details or bureaucratic whoopee.

You can always count on William to speak on behalf of "men who produce nothing". They're his people

I wish you good luck with your new venture. Like I said, you have local competition. If your service is cheaper and better and easier to maintain, you will win new clients away from the competition, and that is a good thing -- for you and the homeowners who presently have shitty or failing systems.

If your prospective clients ask you if there are any pukeratic barriers or hurdles or red tape to bear in mind, I expect you to give them your honest and informed responses. Since no one here has yet asked for your assistance, you need not answer any question about official interference with your freedom to build.

If your service is cheaper and better and easier to maintain, you will win new clients away from the competition, and that is a good thing -- for you and the homeowners who presently have shitty or failing systems

If your prospective clients ask you if there are any pukeratic barriers or hurdles or red tape to bear in mind, I expect you to give them your honest and informed responses. Since no one here has yet asked for your assistance, you need not answer any question about official interference with your freedom to build.

I don't need useless bureaucratic do nothings like yourself trying to tell me how things are, William. I already know how things are for myself. :wink:

I engage in entrepreneurial micro-business ventures like this for the personal enjoyment of it. I've conceived, designed, prototyped, dyno tested, produced, and marketed aftermarket performance parts for cars and trucks. I've also conceived, designed, and marketed compensators for firearms. So waste water treatment is just another venture. I don't even need the extra money as I already make more than we need to live well as an electrician.

It's the fun and adventure of inventing that fascinates me. But it requires an UNtrained mind to think outside of the box... and all the government ever taught you was inside the box because that's all an unproductive bureaucrat needs for employment as a trained monkey.

There are no county codes, regulations or oversight that Greg takes into consideration when advising a homeowner on how to improve a failing or substandard septic system. Or, there are no gummint brokrat tentacles that he would mention to us here.

I think his system is inventive and all-things-considered a pretty great option, and I wish him well in a new venture. There is some competition in his area from 'certified' septic experts, and if he can offer a better system for a lot cheaper price, only a churl would question him on details or bureaucratic whoopee. Or only a churl here -- who has no need of sewerage improvements. Choosing to live abutting a state park/wilderness area means you don't ever have to deal with The Man. Or not enough to mention. Or something. PukeRats begone.

In Galt's Gulch, no one ever had to take a shit.

septci_Untitled.png

Galt's Gulch was filled with people like Greg. They came by invitation. The only thing I'd have been good for was the raid on the State Science Institute. At least I'm on the premise of protecting the producers. Well, maybe I'd have found a place on Ragnar's boat. They did relocate at the end. In that case, in Atlas ShruggedII, I'd be defending the Gulch from the zombies.

--Brant

with my preferred weapon--the flamethrower (I'm sure Greg can make me one)

https://youtu.be/D9DkciMTsLI

Brant, you asked if Greg has any intrusive gumment to deal with ... he seemed to suggest you were getting dangerously close to BukeRatzi by so asking. "Are there licensing requirements for you and county inspection of the work?" Septic Tankery. Kersploosh. Don't ask, don't smell.

I suspect he just does not care to acknowledge that he lives by real world rules like anyone else, and is subject to the same fearsome BukeRat overlords as any other sewer rat.

I enjoy your flights of fancy, though. I can see you digging the latrines and filling them up with State Science Institute shitheads.

Oh, Greg can ad hoc this and that and I doubt anybody could or would touch him. Or care to. The homeowner he saved still has a defective septic system, I suspect, in that it is un-certifiable when title of the property is transferred. But, in the meantime, he saved their asses.

My brother had to have his late father-in-law house's septic system re-engineered before the estate could sell it. It was sold with the proviso that the new owner could not increase the size of the home's footprint. It was an up-scale home owned by E. Cardon Walker, the retired head of Disney, in La Canada, CA. Before the fix, the house was completely stopped up; the septic was shot including the field. It took several years to find and apply the solution. I don't know the cost, but that sort of thing starts at $20,000 just for the launching pad and even $50,000 might be cheap. When I say "re-engineered," I mean by engineers, not plumbers.

--Brant

Reminds me of the last forty-below under-the-trailer work to re-insulate and re-electrify a frozen water supply at my sister's home upcountry. I was the only one of small enough girth to get in the access door. It only took me three hours on my belly and back to pull off the old insulation and patiently re-apply the proper sleeves and heating cords and fasten it up tickety-boo. It is still ticking over nicely eight years later.

This shimmying was before I became a slave to BukeRatzi ...

Too late! The Christophile in the National Forest has me fixed with his X-ray eyes.

Brant, you asked if Greg has any intrusive gumment to deal with ... he seemed to suggest you were getting dangerously close to BukeRatzi by so asking. "Are there licensing requirements for you and county inspection of the work?" Septic Tankery. Kersploosh. Don't ask, don't smell.

I suspect he just does not care to acknowledge that he lives by real world rules like anyone else, and is subject to the same fearsome BukeRat overlords as any other sewer rat.

I enjoy your flights of fancy, though. I can see you digging the latrines and filling them up with State Science Institute shitheads.

You are thoroughly depraved. "...real world rules, like anyone else..." Borg, beyond hope. You reveal yourself more and more.

There are no county codes, regulations or oversight that Greg takes into consideration when advising a homeowner on how to improve a failing or substandard septic system. Or, there are no gummint brokrat tentacles that he would mention to us here.

I think his system is inventive and all-things-considered a pretty great option, and I wish him well in a new venture. There is some competition in his area from 'certified' septic experts, and if he can offer a better system for a lot cheaper price, only a churl would question him on details or bureaucratic whoopee. Or only a churl here -- who has no need of sewerage improvements. Choosing to live abutting a state park/wilderness area means you don't ever have to deal with The Man. Or not enough to mention. Or something. PukeRats begone.

In Galt's Gulch, no one ever had to take a shit.

septci_Untitled.png

Seriously William what is the point of this type of post?

First, if he even considered competition as a factor, he would know the who what where and when.

However, the fact that the problem existed caused him to solve the problem.

That caused him to start the business.

Fuck the competition...you face them in the market, not in an advertisement.

A...

max-greenfield-finger-wag.gif

Galt's Gulch was filled with people like Greg. They came by invitation. The only thing I'd have been good for was the raid on the State Science Institute. At least I'm on the premise of protecting the producers. Well, maybe I'd have found a place on Ragnar's boat. They did relocate at the end. In that case, in Atlas ShruggedII, I'd be defending the Gulch from the zombies.

A worthy aspiration, Brant. :smile:

My take on Galt's Gulch is as a project each of us builds for ourselves. This makes each individual's personal responsibility to be their own standing army, as well as their own bank, their own farmer, their own tradesman, and so on.

Greg

Fuck the competition...you face them in the market, not in an advertisement.

A...

You obviously understand a principle of which William hasn't a clue. nodder.gif

A person like him who regards business as adversarial win/lose would surely be a failure at it. Capitalism is honest ethical voluntary win/win interactions where everyone involved benefits... and anything else simply isn't Capitalism.

In 35 years, I've never spent one penny on advertising. Word of mouth from well served clients is what makes a business tree grow. And other businesses aren't enemies to compete with. They're just good folk who work to earn a living like I do. I rely on the Capitalist free market to properly sort everything out. :smile:

Greg

Greg,

Your post (which I really like) motivated me to find this list: 8 Things Really Great Problem Solvers Do

Reading the list it occurred to me: this is EXACTLY the opposite of the bureaucratic mindset.

Absolutely, Mike.

Bureaucracy only creates problems. It never solves them. It can only sustain itself by creating the need for solutions to the problems it creates.

Look at the cities ruled by liberal bureaucracies. They're social and financial disasters which insure the bureaucracy's growth to produce programs that only treat the symptoms of the problems it creates. Bureaucrats never want a problem to be solved, for to do that would end the need for them.

Bureaucrats revel in the convoluted complexity of 2,400 page Obamacare bills, or a 67.000 page tax code. Creating complexity is what secures a useless unproductive failure's employment in a bureaucracy.

Greg

Greg,

Your post (which I really like) motivated me to find this list: 8 Things Really Great Problem Solvers Do

Reading the list it occurred to me: this is EXACTLY the opposite of the bureaucratic mindset.

Absolutely, Mike.

Bureaucracy only creates problems. It never solves them. It can only sustain itself by creating the need for solutions to the problems it creates.

Look at the cities ruled by liberal bureaucracies. They're social and financial disasters which insure the bureaucracy's growth to produce programs that only treat the symptoms of the problems it creates. Bureaucrats never want a problem to be solved, for to do that would end the need for them.

Bureaucrats revel in the convoluted complexity of 2,400 page Obamacare bills, or a 67.000 page tax code. Creating complexity is what secures a useless unproductive failure's employment in a bureaucracy.

Greg

Exactly. The "real world [cough] rules" which "anyone follows" per William. Incidentally, the Obamacare bill, as large as it was, created a thousand times more pages of "rules", incomprehensible, which nobody can explain or understand but we're obliged to follow "under penalty of law". Destroys the rule of law (based on principle, not rules), creates contempt for society and law, allows selective enforcement against "enemies". None of this is an accident.

Greg,

Absolutely, Mike.

Greg

Exactly. The "real world [cough] rules" which "anyone follows" per William. Incidentally, the Obamacare bill, as large as it was, created a thousand times more pages of "rules", incomprehensible, which nobody can explain or understand but we're obliged to follow "under penalty of law". Destroys the rule of law (based on principle, not rules), creates contempt for society and law, allows selective enforcement against "enemies". None of this is an accident.

Honestly Mike... William is such a dead giveaway! :laugh:

His sentiments are so obviously in favor of bureaucracy because it's his life.

Your point of principle versus rules is spot on. Laws are meant to serve moral principles.

But when the political majority isn't moral, they need bureaucratic rules to govern them because they failed to govern themselves.

Greg

I'm totally confused!

Good. :smile:

That means you're holding on to false premises.

Greg

It means he's been reading you.

--Brant

Those who deserve to be confused will always be confused by those who are not confused. :wink:

Greg

I'm totally confused!

Greg

--Brant

Those who deserve to be confused will always be confused by those who are not confused. :wink:

Greg

The working assumption is the not confused are right.

And confusion per se is a negative.

--Brant

not confused by that

I'm totally confused!

Greg

--Brant

Greg

The working assumption is the not confused are right.

And confusion per se is a negative.

--Brant

not confused by that

Yes.

Confused means a false premise is being held that conflicts with the objective reality of the just and deserved consequences of your own actions.

Hint: Reality ALWAYS wins. :wink:

Greg