it begins...

moralist

Peter writes:

Perversion is not a natural consequence of secular values.

Of course it is, Peter.

The three pillars of the secular political religion of leftism are dope, perversion and abortion.

For secularists, this Holy Trinity is untouchable.

Greg

For Apey Greg, the Holy Trinity is Stupidity, Retardation, and Moronitude.

J

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter writes: ...the elegance of the deist Founding Fathers was in elevating, endowed by their Creator to axiom status.

Indeed, Peter.

Rights granted by God was the principle upon which America was founded.

But America's system of government ONLY works for the decent. To be treated decently by government first requires living a life deserving of a decent government.

And note in that Declaration of Independence statement "...and among these rights". There are also other rights that the indecent will never know because they don't deserve them.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

--John Adams

People have become so degenerate that the Constitution HAS to be VIOLATED in order to govern them.

Greg

Discussions with Apey Greg are kind of like discussions with Star Trek's Tamarians, only instead of thinking and speaking in metaphors, Apey thinks and speaks in fallacies.

Tamarians: Darmok and Jallad at Tanagra!

Apey: If P, then Q. Q. Therefore, P!

J

darmod_och_jalad_at_tanagra.jpg

Discussions with Apey Greg are kind of like discussions with Star Trek's Tamarians, only instead of thinking and speaking in metaphors, Apey thinks and speaks in fallacies.

J

Is this your idea of objective and rational?

J

Is this your idea of objective and rational?

Yes, it is and example of my being objective and rational, you silly anger clown.

Did you get my post? Did you grasp it? Or did you just have yet another of you emotional reactions? You're pissed off at my calm criticism of your emotionalism in regard to the Kim Davis issue, so you brought your anger over to this thread? Heh.

Get a grip.

J

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE EARLY PHASES OF A MARKET MELTDOWN LOOK LIKE

"...A perfect example of this is what we experienced during the financial crisis of 2008. 9 of the 20 largest single day declines in stock market history happened that year, but 9 of the 20 largest single day increases in stock market history also happened that year. If we are moving into another great financial crisis, there should be massive ups and massive downs, and that is precisely what we are witnessing right now."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-10/exactly-what-early-phases-market-meltdown-look

"...A perfect example of this is what we experienced during the financial crisis of 2008. 9 of the 20 largest single day declines in stock market history happened that year, but 9 of the 20 largest single day increases in stock market history also happened that year. If we are moving into another great financial crisis, there should be massive ups and massive downs, and that is precisely what we are witnessing right now."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-10/exactly-what-early-phases-market-meltdown-look

So not only angry, jealous and vengeful, but needlessly meticulous too, with all the patterns?

Be careful of what you are an expert about.

--Brant

and don't try brain surgery, for God's sake!

So not only angry, jealous and vengeful, but needlessly meticulous too, with all the patterns?

While not true... you're free to blame (unjustly accuse) God for the consequences people get from their own evil actions. It's like the idiot who blames gravity because he stepped off a cliff. What happens only demonstrates how easily people can screw themselves over. It's completely self inflicted.

Greg

While not true... you're free to blame (unjustly accuse) God for the consequences people get from their own evil actions. It's like the idiot who blames gravity because he stepped off a cliff. What happens only demonstrates how easily people can screw themselves over. It's completely self inflicted.

Greg

If Shemitah and Jubilees are not sticks and carrots , then what are they?

t writes:

Um Greg you are an idiot. The fed is raising interest rates by at least 1/4% within the next 3 months for the first time in over a decade. There will be no melt down.

Ok, fine by me. :smile:

I don't even have stocks and don't gamble on debts either. I only invest in my own Capitalist business ventures which create my own economic microclimate that doesn't conform to the cyclical collapses of the Creditist economy.

Greg

60% equities, 40% bonds/REITs/preferred shares to weather any storms will average you 7% return including any "meltdowns"/corrections. People that "play" the market and gamble always lose. If you have a balanced diversified portfolio you can weather any storm. Any storm...any storm. Including shermitas, sharmutas(if you don't marry one) solar eclipses, frogs from heaven or other silliness.

60% equities, 40% bonds/REITs/preferred shares to weather any storms will average you 7% return including any "meltdowns"/corrections. People that "play" the market and gamble always lose. If you have a balanced diversified portfolio you can weather any storm. Any storm...any storm. Including shermitas, sharmutas(if you don't marry one) solar eclipses, frogs from heaven or other silliness.

That's a pretty good return for conventional government college educated employees...

...but the potential for personal financial rewards are far greater for any independent self motivated entrepreneur who can think and act creatively outside the box.

I clear 40% profit on my business expenses and turn it over again on every job. We also yielded a 457% ROI by todays market value from building our own house, and the second one we built returns a tidy yearly ROI of 37%. We live in our home cheaper than any renter could ever dream of. Besides my regular business, I'm constantly creatively involved inventing new ventures all of which have paid for themselves and turned nice profits. We own all of our possessions outright, carry zero debt burden, and our net worth is a solid seven figures...

...and I'm just a dumb uneducated blue collar tradesman.

America rewards Capitalist producers. :smile:

Greg

America rewards Capitalist producers?

Rhetorical comment? The word Capitalist presumes capitalism and freedom. But an Objectivist might say, a free country doesn’t stand in the way of producers or buyers of those products, and you are allowed to keep your profits. The word reward implies government has something to do with production. Laissez Faire means let us be, let us alone, or guv’mint get out of the way in Dogpatchese.

You would have a happier time of it Greg if you stop bad mouthing decent people who are secularists. When you do it you are name calling, and lumping rational thought in with evil thought. It really is an either or sort of thing. Mysticism or Rationality? You can have a belief in a deity but your belief should be compartmentalized so it does not influence your actions in an irrational fashion, which is what you are doing. You started this thread but it is beginning to sound like the zealot on the soap box in the park who is exhorting the crowds to REPENT! FOR THE END IS NEAR!

Peter writes:

America rewards Capitalist producers?

Yes. :smile:

But there is a moral component inherent to Capitalism to enjoying those rewards. Reject the Divine moral law of doing what's right, and you condemn yourself to be a dependent failure who will never taste those rewards.

By observing moral law, your prosperity is protected from the corrupt debt based economy created by others. You live free of its consequences because you chose not to conform your behavior to its unethical demands.

So the unethical Creditists get exactly what they deserve...

...just as the ethical Capitalists get what they deserve. :wink:

Greg

t writes:

If Shemitah and Jubilees are not sticks and carrots , then what are they?

For me they're blessings from God that overflow into my life because I choose to act in moral harmony with the objective reality of what's right.

They will either be a blessing or a curse to you depending on your actions.

So it's totally up to you to choose what they will be to you.

Greg

Hopefully the beginning of their 911, seems it has already been forgotten by the Senate of the US ....

Mitch McConnell a more despicable entity because he has betrayed his country.

That in case anyone has forgotten is America.

A...

It's your big day tomorrow, Greg. Are you going to be doing anything special for the occasion?

30958cdee430956d9a7b4af47ca29765.jpg

1438256093635.jpg

Edited by william.scherk

I would assume he is going to enjoy the pleasures of his gulch which I think is quite beautiful.

A...

You got it, Adam...

It's just another day in Paradise. :smile:

Long ago we took the prudent measures necessary to protect ourselves both physically and economically from becoming collateral damage of the consequences of the stupidity of others.

Elul29 is actually reckoned from sundown to sundown, so it's from sundown Sunday the 13th to sundown Monday the 14th.

Greg

You got it, Adam...

It's just another day in Paradise. :smile:

Long ago we took the prudent measures necessary to protect ourselves both physically and economically from becoming collateral damage of the consequences of the stupidity of others.

Elul29 is actually reckoned from sundown to sundown, so it's from sundown Sunday the 13th to sundown Monday the 14th.

Greg

sundial.jpg

Whew, thanks Greg...my sundial has been running fast with all this global warming...

There's sort of a double whammy in that the end of the Shemitah year, begins the Jubilee year that comes once every 49 years.

Just as for the Jews, the Shemitah was the time of cancelling all debt, the Jubilee is the time of restoration.

Two Jubilees ago in WWI... the Jew's land was restored after 2,000 years.

The last Jubilee in the 6 Day War... the Jews reclaimed Jerusalem after 2,000 years.

Greg