it begins...

moralist

Wolf:

So when is the house warming and what kind of ammunition do you need?

Or, a re-loader and a 3-D printer as a group housewarming gift?

A...

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all entertainment.

I just spent $100K building a house in the middle of nowhere, sparsely populated, self-sufficient neighbors.

I can't resist asking where the middle of nowhere is. Here on the edge of nowhere, a hundred thousand dollars would get you a lovely luxury doghouse, sadly (Google Vancouver real estate craziness).

It is all entertainment.

I just spent $100K building a house in the middle of nowhere, sparsely populated, self-sufficient neighbors.

I can't resist asking where the middle of nowhere is. Here on the edge of nowhere, a hundred thousand dollars would get you a lovely luxury doghouse, sadly (Google Vancouver real estate craziness).

My guess is high desert.

--Brant [prying]

not prying [lying]

Lol anyone buying a million dollar crack shack in Vancouver deserves the fallout in the next year or two. If one owns one and is mortgage free? Freeking selllllll...like yesterday :smile:

Do you think there will be a real estate 'crash' in Greater Vancouver? I just don't see it on the horizon, due to demand. As crazy as it seems, it is no crazier than London real estate.

Anyway, we are dealing with a much greater crash coming in the next week, according to Boralist.

William writes:

The blind scribe can't resist prying so he can google it. :laugh:

Those who can... do.

Those who can't... google.

It cost us a little over $100k to build our home. So it sounds perfectly reasonable for Wolf to have done it.

Greg

what kind of ammunition do you need?

Ex-cons can't legally own firearms, so I'm using wasp spray and high-capacity air pistols. Terrible stuff, wasp spray.

Yes it is.

Crossbows work quite well and are not firearms.

Also, as you know, dependent on what the underlying conviction and jurisdiction were, a relief from civil disabilities can be obtained.

A...

Lol anyone buying a million dollar crack shack in Vancouver deserves the fallout in the next year or two. If one owns one and is mortgage free? Freeking selllllll...like yesterday :smile:

Do you think there will be a real estate 'crash' in Greater Vancouver? I just don't see it on the horizon, due to demand. As crazy as it seems, it is no crazier than London real estate.

Anyway, we are dealing with a much greater crash coming in the next week, according to Boralist.

Two times this year the BOC has lowered interest rates, a bi-product of this across Canada and even moreso in Vancouver and Toronto because of cheap rates is real estate prices rise. People are borrowing 8-12x their gross to get into mortgages in these areas. They have no money for anything else. No RRSPs no TFSA. They are embracing a one asset strategy. The US had forwarned that they will between October and December be raising interest rates for the first time in over a decade. Canada has for the last 100 years followed the US lead. Notice what happened to the strength of the loonie when the BOC dropped interest rates each time this year? It dropped the first time from 95 down to 85 ish and the second time it dropped to what it is now around 76 cents. When the US raises interest rates in the next month or three if Canada does not follow and do the same the loonie will drop to 60 or lower. If they do follow? Interest rates will rise. If interest rates go up even 1% that 4000/month mortgage upon renewal will now cost 6000/month. If that person can't afford it(many won't be able to). There is going to be a shitstorm of defaults and a sudden glut of houses on the market. Also there is a direct cor relationship between interest rates and houses. When interest rates rise, house prices fall. Add to this our sucky economy and possibly a fed NDP win. The future isn't looking rosy.

In 3 short months in power in Alberta... The NDP have gone from a 5billion dollar deficit to a 6billion dollar one, and they have not even released their budget yet!!

Anyways that's my two cents.

Thanks, Jules! I need me some financial education.

Jules writes:

If you are thinking of buying wait at least 1 year. I did this after the 2008/2009 mini melt down. The house I bought had previously listed for 489k, I picked it up for 318k. This next shitstorm is going to be larger.

That's the way to do it, Jules. :smile:

Keep your powder dry and wait for the opportunity to take your shot. It doesn't even take any mysticism to see what's coming, because people keep doing the same stupid things over and over again. We waited and bought land cheap in '97 when there was a slump in values.

Live long enough, and you'll get to see what goes around come around... again. :wink:

Greg

Jules writes:

If you are thinking of buying wait at least 1 year. I did this after the 2008/2009 mini melt down. The house I bought had previously listed for 489k, I picked it up for 318k. This next shitstorm is going to be larger.

That's the way to do it, Jules. :smile:

Keep your powder dry and wait for the opportunity to take your shot. It doesn't even take any mysticism to see what's coming, because people keep doing the same stupid things over and over again. We waited and bought land cheap in '97 when there was a slump in values.

Live long enough, and you'll get to see what goes around come around... again. :wink:

Greg

But mysticism helps? Seriously helps?

--Brant

But mysticism helps? Seriously helps?

Knowing God exists by our own personal experience does indeed help a lot because a person can fully understand it's in their own best interest to act in harmony with His moral law. Happiness and prosperity are enjoyed within the safety of those moral boundaries.

911 and 2008 are evidence that America had degenerated enough to have already moved outside the protection of those boundaries.

So instead of enjoying providence as it did in the past, America is now under judgment. This is why it would be wise for individuals to separate themselves from their need of the government so as not to become collateral damage.

Greg

Six days till the next event... and it won't be the last.

Your 'source' has hedged his initial predictions, Greg. Here is his latest meandering buffet of bluff and gibberish. He sounds mad or at least manic, approaching the edge of psychotic word salad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=21&v=HbCIPFktGWU

Rabbi Pastor: "This summer, America crossed the line." Meaning gay marriage. What does that actually portend for the magic date of September 13? Fuck all, apparently.

Edited by william.scherk

Their not mixing is irrelevant to me as I'm neither.

Greg

Not the end?

--Brant

nutz

https://youtu.be/JSUIQgEVDM4

Hey! No copying the Bastogne commander!

Their not mixing is irrelevant to me as I'm neither.

Greg

Not the end?

--Brant

nutz

https://youtu.be/JSUIQgEVDM4

I hope the meltdown is not as big as that predicted 2000 world-wide computer crash.

-J