Donald Trump

Trump wants to bring a larger group of precinct-voters to 1600+ locations, under the leadership of an able and resourceful precinct 'captain' at each place. Every other hopeful wants to get to the precincts with their own well-led turn-up. They each want an able persuader to deliver the caucus stump statements. They each want no waverers under their wings. The only limits on the larger pool of show-ups are to be either registered or registrable Republicans.

So, William, who is excluded from caucusing that day?

Second, who is "registrable" at the point of caucus?

Let us set the scene, Adam. A Grand Old Party Caucus. A registration table. A resident of New Jersey with a trolley of Rand books and a happy smile. At the next table, a young child clutching her Democratic Party registration for two counties over. A matron, having her name crossed off The List, while she hears the lady besides her say, "I would like to register. My precinct captain is a drunken whore and a liar but she said I could show up and vote my ass off. What kind of ID do you need? I live in the trailer-park down by the river and am a taxpayer. I looked at the map and I think I am in the right place. Why didn't that bitch phone me? I am going to switch my vote to Trump. Cruz can shove it."

I stopped reading after the first sentence...

Well, what a surprise.

Again, in the Iowa Republican Caucus to be held in approximately 32 days, who will be deemed registerable at that precinct on that day?

Without being mean, don't you know, can't you guess? Are you yourself not able to figure this out? Go to the book of rules and tell us!

-- since Adam might not read much beyond his five-word limit, interested Iowa caucus spectators can look behind this screen:

So, basics: In Iowa, the GOP caucuses are restricted to folks who are registered Republicans. If you are not already registered (on The List), you can register at the caucus, register as a Republican. If you are not able to be registered as a Republican voter in Iowa, because you live in North Dakota, or are too many months under-age, or have just wandered in for the doughnuts, hard luck.

Made you look!

Second, who is excluded from voting in the caucus on that day?

Oh, geez, this is so hard! Um, er, well, I cannot know. Do you have to be a resident of the precinct, or otherwise eligible to vote at all? Do you have to provide proof of identity, residence, non-felon status, demonstrate you are not a Muslim terrorist? Was this not already covered? Does some great fucking mystery remain that only Adam Selene can expound upon?

Made you look!

Now, Adam, having had your snit, can you offer something interesting about the Iowa process? I'll hang up and listen. I recommend loosening your knickers, they are in a twist and causing discomfort.

According to Iowa election law ... "Any person voting at a precinct caucus must be a person who is or will by the date of the next general election become an eligible elector and who is a resident of the precinct."

So, be (or become on that day) a registered Republican ... and otherwise be an eligible elector for general Election Day 2016 ... and be a resident of the precinct. Bob's your uncle.

Edited by william.scherk

Made you look!

Oh, geez, this is so hard! Um, er, well, I cannot know. Do you have to be a resident of the precinct, or otherwise eligible to vote at all? Do you have to provide proof of identity, residence, non-felon status, demonstrate you are not a Muslim terrorist?

Made you look!

Now, Adam, having had your snit, can you offer something interesting about the Iowa process? I'll hang up and listen.

I have no reason to play your word game or your dance of the seven veils...

Made you look!

Oh, geez, this is so hard! Um, er, well, I cannot know. Do you have to be a resident of the precinct, or otherwise eligible to vote at all? Do you have to provide proof of identity, residence, non-felon status, demonstrate you are not a Muslim terrorist?

Made you look!

Now, Adam, having had your snit, can you offer something interesting about the Iowa process? I'll hang up and listen.

I have no reason to play your word game or your dance of the seven veils...

ROTFLMAO. Looks like a club I may have been in, many yrs ago, in Brooklyn. You know, the kind seen in Goodfellas.

-Joe

Here are some wise words from Michael Walsh.

Elites and media really hate Donald Trump’s voters
by Michael Walsh
The New York Post
December 26, 2015

From the article:

To hear the patronizing wise men of the Republican Party tell it, anyone who would vote for Donald Trump for president must be deranged. “Trumpkins,” they call them, mental midgets and xenophobic troglodytes who’ve crawled out from their survivalist caves in order to destroy the Beltway Establishment.

. . .

Now, after months of whistling past the graveyard of Trump’s seemingly inexorable rise and assuring themselves that his candidacy will collapse as voters come to their senses, a CNN poll released Wednesday showing Trump now lapping the field has the GOP establishment in full meltdown mode. The survey shows Trump with nearly 40% of the primary vote, trailed by Ted Cruz at 18%, Ben Carson and Marco Rubio tied at 10%, and the also-rans (including great GOP hope Jeb Bush) limping along far behind.

Their panic was best articulated last week in The Daily Beast by GOP consultant Rick Wilson, who wrote that Trump supporters “put the entire conservative movement at risk of being hijacked and destroyed by a bellowing billionaire with poor impulse control and a profoundly superficial understanding of the world . . . walking, talking comments sections of the fever swamp sites.”

. . .

Can the GOP really be so out of touch with the legions of out-of-work Americans — many of whom don’t show up in the “official” unemployment rate because they’ve given up looking for work in the Obama economy? With the returning military vets frustrated with lawyer-driven, politically correct rules of engagement that have tied their hands in a fight against a mortal enemy? With those who, in the wake of the Paris and San Bernardino massacres by Muslims, reasonably fear an influx of culturally alien “refugees” and “migrants” from the Middle East?

. . .

Can it be true that everybody’s fondest wish for Campaign ’16 is the dynastic-restoration battle of Clinton vs. Bush?

. . .

Even lame-duck Obama has waded in, cheekily blaming “economic stresses” and flatlining wages for Trump’s groundswell. “Particularly, blue-collar men have had a lot of trouble in this new economy, where they are no longer getting the same bargain that they got when they were going to a factory and able to support their families on a single paycheck . . . Somebody like Mr. Trump is taking advantage of that.”

Remember when Obama apologized for saying that voters who disagreed with him “cling to guns or religion”? Yeah, guess he wasn’t really sorry.

. . .

In the movie business, there’s something called the “cheer moment,” when the long-suffering hero finally decks his tormentor with a satisfying right cross. What the Beltway Republicans fail to understand is that their conservative base — which gave them stunning congressional victories in 2010 and 2014 and has nothing to show for it — has been longing for precisely that moment since Reagan crushed Mondale 49-1 in 1984.

The Trumpkins are sick of winning and having nothing to show for it, and their vengeance will be terrible. Maybe the Establishment should stop belittling them and listen instead.

I fear excerpting from the article does not give as good an impression as usual. It's worth reading in its entirety.

It got me thinking about one thing, though. When Jeb Bush said he was rethinking his adherence to the pledge he made to support the GOP candidate if it was Trump, I think some kind of strategy was being set for Trump to cry foul. Then they could cry foul right back for his rhetoric and so on.

But what did Trump do? He said, "Who cares?" Bush's numbers are low, he's a low energy dude, and anyway, he doesn't want Bush's support.

:)

I think the establishment really doesn't understand Trump's appeal and why they are now irrelevant.

I used to think they did, but played possum to land a sucker-punch later. But there are no signs of this. Instead, there's a lot of stupid stuff going on where they are flopping around like fresh caught fish as they constantly continue to belittle Trump supporters.

I'm beginning to think Trump was right since the beginning. They really are morons.

:)

Michael

Yep Joe...

When I hear all the folks today who are offended by words, I laugh because just imagine the current "protester" walking into a Brooklyn bar/club, or, the bars along the Texas oil fields, or, a West Virginia coal town...

The micro aggression is considered a hello from the assembled patrons.

A...

They might well be morons but I will bet the establishment when they have money , their political lives on the line , support of all the donors and the lobbyists and the entire Washington DC industry behind them .

This is a war , and DT does not have the guns , the money and most importantly the will to fight .

Yep Joe...

When I hear all the folks today who are offended by words, I laugh because just imagine the current "protester" walking into a Brooklyn bar/club, or, the bars along the Texas oil fields, or, a West Virginia coal town...

A...

Exactly.

That Brooklyn club I was referring to was in the Red Hook section.

This is a war , and DT does not have the guns , the money and most importantly the will to fight . 

Marc,

You mean like this warm-up?

:smile:

Michael

Yep Joe...

A...

Exactly.

That Brooklyn club I was referring to was in the Red Hook section.

For those who are not familiar with NY City history, this was one of the first settled areas in Brooklyn which was a separate city until the late 1880's I believe.

http://waterfrontmuseum.org/red-hook-history

I can't even imagine how rough that waterfront was...

Red Hook History

The Dutch established the village of Red Hook (Roode Hoek) in 1636. Red Hook was one of the earliest areas in Brooklyn to be settled. The area was named for its red clay soil and the hook shape of its peninsular corner of Brooklyn that projects into the East River. A map from the 1760s shows a developed village at a time when there was little else in Brooklyn. In the 1850s the Atlantic Basin opened and Red Hook became one of the busiest ports in the country.

Grain barges from the Erie Canal would wait at the mouth of the Gowanus Canal for their turn at the active piers. The book and film, "Last Exit to Brooklyn", set in 1952 Brooklyn is a dramatic tale of the lives of Red Hook dock workers and residents. H.P. Lovecraft's short Story "The Horror at Red Hook" (1925), the site about which Budd Shulberg wrote his famous screenplay, "On the Waterfront" and Arthur Miller's play "A View from the Bridge" has added to the area's notoriety.

Red Hook was always known as a tough section of Brooklyn. Al Capone got his start as a small time criminal there, along with his wound that led to his nickname, "Scarface". In 1950, at the peak of the era of longshoremen 21,000 people lived in the neighborhood, many of them in row houses second only in age to those in Brooklyn Heights. Most people lived in the Red Hook Houses, built in 1936 for the growing number of dockworkers.

redhook-hist1.jpg

Yes!!!

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) {  var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];  if (d.getElementById(id)) return;  js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;  js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3";  fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-post" data-href="

data-width="500"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="
><p>Thank you!!</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/">Donald J. Trump</a> on <a href="
>Saturday, December 26, 2015</a></blockquote></div></div>

Drip... drip... drip...

Michael

Hey Hillary's promising to do the cigar thing for Billie if he would only help.

-J

Thank heaven that Italy does not make cigars...

The American voters acumen didnt change overnite.

Salon?

Really?

A...

Sorry Adam, I dont know how to answer one word questions. Im not voting. Its a circus with a live wire act and Im queasy watching the performance. High stakes, for sure, though the outcome is not in doubt. If you know what I mean.

Sorry Adam, I dont know how to answer one word questions. Im not voting. Its a circus with a live wire act and Im queasy watching the performance. High stakes, for sure, though the outcome is not in doubt. If you know what I mean.

I understand your disgust with the "system," however, I do not know what you mean about "...the outcome is not in doubt."

The floor is yours...

A...

-J

Grandfather liked the ginny stinkers. As a kid I snuck a puff only once. Nasty. Can't imagine what they would feel like internally.

Might have been these...it was long ago.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/12518/parodi-by-avanti/

Dance of the Seven (approximately) Twisted Knickers.

Again, in the Iowa Republican Caucus to be held in approximately 32 days, who will be deemed registerable at that precinct on that day?

In approximately 32 (31) days, it will be January 27/28. Just a hop and skip to the caucuses on February 1st. But who wants precision -- I mean, not the goombah pressing for The Precise Answers, right?

But hey. It is the Season of Goodwill. And headshots.

So, who will be deemed registrable at that zany, incomprehensible-to-experts precinct? An otherwise-eligible elector who lives in the precinct and has not yet registered as a Republican. A person who will be eligible to vote in the general election in approximately November or something. Approximately eleventy-nine weeks or more away.

Who wil be excluded from voting in the GOP caucus on that day in approximately late January? Well, non-residents, registered Democrats who do not want to re-register in the GOP, people with no fucking ID, and oh, have I missed something?

Back to you, Mr S. Next question ...

There really is a wealth of reporting on the Iowa ground game competition, and I would not listen only to the boasts of campaign staff. I think that Trump has a very smart guy in Chuck Laudner. If Trump dismissed the NYT story about gaps and shortfalls in his GOTV efforts, the ground-game, you gotta believe the campaign did some comparative analysis, checked their numbers, audited the plan, investigated 'red flags' for new efforts or nimble readjustments of force and focus.

Over with Cruz, this is an intelligent politician. He is playing to kill. If there is weakness in Trump's ground-game, Cruz is as alert as a wild dog.

For some wonkish observers, there will be a raft of neat post-mortems after the tallies are transmitted. Whoever emerges on top, by schlonging or mere vanilla topping, there will be some good stories, intrigue, egg on face, recriminations. The intense interest in the first heat will pass, but I think it will be very instructive to read the entrails.

Adam, can we now move on to something more interesting to our readers than nit-picking and pique? I'm ready.

Edited by william.scherk

“I’ve had my fill of fucking intellectuals,”

This is what might make Trump supporters appear unintelligent. They don't engage with the studious erudite liars any more.

And they have a great archetypical image in their minds: Trump looking sternly at the intelligentsia (including all those screw-up politicians), pointing a finger and saying: "You're fired."

They feel he's doing that in their name.

And he is.

Michael

I get your sense of the theatrics. Its the hue and cry over his propensity for the sound bite that resonates.

Voters compartmentalize attributes, theyre dumb because of the complexity of politics and their overall view of what government means personally but wish to express their choice even though theyre free choice results in one option ie; more government, a Hobsons choice.

Im not seeing depth in his debating tactics. Hes stirring it up, great, and hes succeeded in that sense. Dont see the beef or gravitas. As Ive said I have the sense to know the measure is one of just how far the once mighty have fallen.

-J

Grandfather liked the ginny stinkers. As a kid I snuck a puff only once. Nasty. Can't imagine what they would feel like internally.

Damn, nice catch, I forgot about those "stogies."

http://waterfrontmuseum.org/history

I obviously know nothing about cigars...

History of Toscanello

Toscanello has its roots at the end of World War II. In 1948, faced with a surplus of tobacco in a gloomy economic environment, Toscanello was created so people can still afford to smoke their favorite cigars. These mini cigars became the new fashion, as enthusiasts enjoyed the opportunity to share a smoke with a friend - thus its nickname of "Friendship Cigar".

It is manufactured/assembled in Italy (Northern?) with Italian and Kentucky "wrapping" and Italian and Kentucky "filler?"

Damn, I am confused...

A...

I understand your disgust with the "system," however, I do not know what you mean about "...the outcome is not in doubt."

The floor is yours...

A...

I was being vague. I meant by my comment that there wont be a substantive change in the political manner or kind or in how business is conducted in Washington DC no matter who is elected president. I had the sense that there are some who felt Trump is the answer to hope and change. I may have forgotten who the audience is. )

The floor is yours...

A...

I was being vague. I meant by my comment that there wont be a substantive change in the political manner or kind or in how business is conducted in Washington DC no matter who is elected president. I had the sense that there are some who felt Trump is the answer to hope and change. I may have forgotten who the audience is. )

I thought that was what you meant, I just prefer to be sure.

I am not going to be around for too many more of these, however, I am totally willing to suspend disbelief this election because the anger in this country is a righteous anger.

That makes a difference to me.

I cannot think of anyone screwing things up anymore than they are.

I have two children out there doing well and I would like them to have a chance.

However, if we cannot stop zero based budgeting and open immigration, we are toast.

I at least see The Donald as the most competent Chief Executive that we have available and one who has the balls to do it.

Aristotle explained that if you have the will and the power, the deed is done.

He has the will, we shall see about the power.

A...

I'm not sure, in fact I doubt that Trump's success has much of anything to do with executive ability, unless you see it as cheerleading. Perhaps the latter implies the former. Fiorina projects competence, experience, and depth of knowledge to no avail. Trump says to hell with them, they're fired (other candidates, incumbents, bureaucrats, the media, and party bosses). People like Trump because he leaves so many policy doors open and wants to throw out illegals, bar Muslims from entry. There is an intense desire in America to cut off the Free Shit Army, and although it hasn't been promised, white working class (mostly men) are willing to suspend disbelief that it might be possible Trump would do it.

Congress can't. Bush and Rubio won't. Christie is a used car salesman. It has to be Trump or Cruz. Between them, Trump is a private sector dealmaker, Cruz a neo-con zionist hawk. Cruz loses to Hillary. Trump tells her she's fat and ugly. I think most independent American voters would like to see Hillary insulted repeatedly. Trump wins.

-J

Damn, nice catch, I forgot about those "stogies."

Some things I'll never forget, like my puff on that stogie. It's right up there with tear gas and the smell of a freshly killed skunk...but I'd bet Hillary's genitalia would trump those three.