Donald Trump

Peter,

Look at how mentioning something in the mainstream affects one's reasoning.

Have you bothered to ask yourself which politicians are opposed to eminent domain--meaning strike it down once in office?

I don't even think Rand Paul would do that. I believe he would make concessions up the gigi until he lost control.

So, in practical terms, people in our subcommunity prefer those with hidden agendas to those who are open--seeing that nobody will fight against it in practice.

:smile:

(Actually, I believe eminent domain abuses will be a lot less with Trump than any other Republican politician now running should that person become president. I truly believe this. Ditto for crony capitalism.)

Michael

This is the projected delegate total at the current time if the polling in that state actualizes:

Trump 602 (24.3%)
Carson 122 (4.9%)
Bush 117 (4.7%)
Kasich 71 (2.9%)
Paul 68 (2.8%)
Cruz 56 (2.3%)
Huckabee 41 (1.7%)
Christie 30 (1.2%)
Rubio 27 (1.1%)
Fiorina 27 (1.1%)
Jindal 4 (0.2%)
Santorum 2 (0.1%)
Graham 1 (0%)

CD delegates 793 (32.1%)
RNC 165 (6.7%)

Not pledged 97 (3.9%)

No polls 249 (10.1%)

Needed to win: 1.237 (50.04%)

I have concluded that Donald Trump would deport Superman, who is an illegal immigrant from the planet Krypton.

I have concluded that Donald Trump would deport Superman, who is an illegal immigrant from the planet Krypton.

Bob, and your point being?

Bob, and your point being?

Superman has socially redeeming virtues. But he has to go

Brant asked, “What are the thugs going to do--aside from being beat up?”

Are you implying that when the protesters start chanting those catch phrases, Trump’s Nazi brown shirts will beat and toss them out? It Might Happen, (IMH, IMHO it might happen, in my humble opinion. Look how hep I am.) They want publicity. Black lives matter. Mexican lives matter. Illegal immigrants life’s matter. El Chapo’s life matters. That is why he put a bounty on Trump’s head, right? When will Donald be entitled to Secret Service Agents?

It will be a thrilling moment when Biden announces, for Hillary dis-likers and for locals here on the Eastern Shore. I really liked him when he told a reporter to get the hell out of his way at a local family event. He may get a phony endorsement and money from people like Rush Limbaugh just to tweak Old Hickory Clinton’s nose. And of course, Joe would get some money from Delawareans too. Joe may be gaff prone but he seems honest and straight forward. I just don’t like some of the descriptions of VP Biden that place him to the left of President Obama.

As I mentioned before I have known of Biden for about 40 years. My Dad Harley Vernon Taylor was the Delaware State VFW commander and he was ticked that Joe never came to his initiation ceremonies for Post Commander, VP, and State head of the VFW. And he thought the then Senator Biden did not support veterans enough. I remember Biden's representative showing up, speaking, and sending Joe's regrets. That guy had the most beautiful and I am sure, expensive top coat, so the VFW ceremony must have been in the winter.

Peter

If the establishment has lost Mike Wallace's son...

The Donald should be in a good position to be elected...

A...

Brant asked, “What are the thugs going to do--aside from being beat up?”

Are you implying that when the protesters start chanting those catch phrases, Trump’s Nazi brown shirts will beat and toss them out? It Might Happen, (IMH, IMHO it might happen, in my humble opinion. Look how hep I am.) They want publicity. Black lives matter. Mexican lives matter. Illegal immigrants life’s matter. El Chapo’s life matters. That is why he put a bounty on Trump’s head, right? When will Donald be entitled to Secret Service Agents?

You called them thugs to start then switched to chanters to reply to my reply.

--Bant

I'm up to my ears in a project right now with not much time to cultivate my inner Trump groupie, but for those missed Chris Wallace's interview of Trump on Sunday, here it is:

Part 1:

Part 2:

The tangible aftermath of this was:

1. There is a general consensus that Trump is vastly improving as a candidate. (Quick learner.)

2. Chris Wallace, in the analysis after the interview, said that he is beginning to believe that Trump could be elected president (see here).

3. Brit Hume later told Howard Kurtz on air that he can see Trump getting the nomination (see here). 

All of this is a major shift in perspective. It's true that Trump's poll numbers can't be ignored.

But this makes me wonder about something else. After the next debate, I predict the nasty attack ads phase is going start. This means lots of bucks being paid to media outlets by those doing the attacking. And when such skeptical luminaries as Wallace and Hume cave to Trump so openly in the current context, this does two things.

First, it pisses off the establishment Republicans and pushes them to run even more attack ads against Trump than they normally would.

Second, if Trump ever believes for real that Fox is in the tank for the establishment Republicans as a network policy (like he did after the first debate), he would be crazy enough to run his own attack ads--and plenty of them--anywhere but on Fox. And the image of dollar bills with wings flying off into the sunset comes to mind. :smile:

So, although I believe the motivation of these famous newsmen is fundamentally to be "fair and balanced" according to their professional standards, I can see more than just "fair and balanced" motivation at work.

Trump bought plenty of politicians without blinking an eye to get them out of his way. Why would he not buy TV news celebrities?

Michael

This is very telling if it holds up and it is Trump v. Clinton, with a few small serious existing minor parties receiving a better than normal increase, the general election will be more fraud ridden than prior election:

They remain in the lead for their respective party’s presidential nomination, but how do voters rate former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and billionaire businessman Donald Trump head-to-head on specific issues facing the nation? Trump holds a double-digit lead in voter trust when it comes to the economy and immigration and is slightly ahead in the area of national security. Clinton holds small leads on social policy and the environment.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that Likely U.S. Voters by a 50% to 38% margin trust Trump more than Clinton to handle the economy and job creation. Twelve percent (12%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

The economy has consistently been the top issue on voters’ minds in regular tracking for years.

"The Donald" holds an even wider lead over Clinton on immigration - an issue he has been highly vocal on - 52% to 38%. Ten percent (10%) aren’t sure which candidate they trust more on the issue.

Voters also give Trump a much narrower 46% to 42% edge on national security. Thirteen percent (13%) are undecided.

Clinton holds modest advantages on social issues such as gay marriage, abortion and church-state topics (44% to 40%) and the environment (45% to 42%). Both are areas where Democratic candidates usually have much wider leads over Republicans.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/trump_tops_clinton_in_economic_trust

Biden conspiracy theories that go somewhere or nowhere.

Nowhere. Biden knows what is going on in the Benghazi FBI investigation and the Trey Gowdy hearings. Therefore, he knows it would be difficult to run against an exonerated Hillary Clinton.

Somewhere. Biden knows what is going on in the Benghazi FBI investigation and the Trey Gowdy hearings. Therefore, he knows it would be easier to run against an indicted or besmirched Hillary Clinton. So he is waiting for Hillary’s testimony tomorrow and/or a possible indictment from the FBI. Then he will bow to the roar of the people after she is shown to have less of a chance of winning. And then Joe will announce that the country needs him and he will be our next President.
Peter

I believe that it is time to begin looking at menu options:

CROW CASSEROLE

1/2 dozen crow breasts
1 qt. sauerkraut
1/2 dozen strips bacon
1/3 c. chopped onion

In skillet brown the crow breasts, then place them on a 1 1/2" layer of sauerkraut in bottom of a casserole. Cover each piece of meat with a strip of bacon and sprinkle the onion over them. Cover the breast with another layer of sauerkraut and pour sauerkraut juice over it. Bake two hours in oven heated to 350 degrees.

Or,

CROW CASSEROLE

1/2 dozen crow breasts
1 qt. sauerkraut
1/2 dozen strips bacon
1/3 c. chopped onion

In skillet brown the crow breasts, then place them on a 1 1/2" layer of sauerkraut in bottom of a casserole. Cover each piece of meat with a strip of bacon and sprinkle the onion over them. Cover the breast with another layer of sauerkraut and pour sauerkraut juice over it. Bake two hours in oven heated to 350 degrees.

and for a third possible choice...

HERB'S CROW HASH

4 or 5 crows
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can chicken broth
1/4 c. butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
Juice from 1/2 lemon
8-12 oz. sliced mushrooms
Flour
1 bay leaf
Rice or toast

THE MARINADE:

1 pt. vinegar
1 pt. water
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Skin the crows. Cut away any fat. Cut bird in half. Mix marinade. Pour over crow in glass container for 24 hours in refrigerator. Discard marinade. Boil crow in a pot with water, 1 bay leaf. Remove meat from bone, slicing it against the grain. In a large fry pan heat butter, mushrooms and add chicken broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes. Thicken with flour. Serve over rice or toast. Serves 4.

There appear to be more options than I originally thought...

A...

With the Canadian election in the bag, there is a small amount of crow-eating going on among my relatives who gave best guesses a day before the polls closed. When we next have a family reunion, we will be doing intellectual followup. Why were our guesses so wrong?

I think the best aspect of crow-eating is not the fine meaty bird down the gullet of The Wrong. I think the most delicious part of the crow-eating is in finding out 'why I was wrong?'

When I am forced into the crow-eating (I expect the bet will be called upon the actual emergence of a GOP candidate during the convention, not before), I will choose the roasted with sauerkraut and bacon option, if available. I will say, I was wrong in my guess that Donald Trump would not win the nomination.

Then I want to be able to explain where I went wrong, what I did not consider, how my estimations were unwarranted, how I misread evidence going in -- going in meaning when I made my first call, which is some months past at the moment.

I would first of all take a close look at 'reading the electorate.' I would probably reason out what I thought was true, and why it was not, could not be true. It will be a fine discussion with myself ...

If Clinton does not go to the hoosegow or be otherwise gutted by Benghazi, she will gain the nomination, in my estimation today. That estimation will change as time goes by. I may update my thoughts and guesses and commentary, but that doesn't mean I won't honour the crow with its consumption for decisions taken earlier.

As for Trump's chances of gaining the nomination, they appear much better than they did when I first expressed some doubt about the likelihood. I still am not convinced he will be the GOP's ultimate choice.

There is something of an ordeal built-in to your electoral systems and traditions. Up here the tradition is/was short election cycles, around thirty-five days from the dropping of the writ till the polls. Ordeal it was for Canadians to have a 78-day election, but it pales before the electoral ordeal you all go through, not least the hopefuls.

This is very telling if it holds up and it is Trump v. Clinton, with a few small serious existing minor parties receiving a better than normal increase, the general election will be more fraud ridden than prior election:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/trump_tops_clinton_in_economic_trust

What kinds of fraud are to be expected during the party nomination campaigns -- setting aside the general election? As I understand things, each state has its own system, machines, electoral boards, etc, that manages elections. Where does fraud originate, and what are the most common tools to detect and prevent irregularities? Is the primary/caucus system free of irregularities or the chance of corruption?

How come the Canadian system prevents fraud and other irregularities -- from ballot-box-stuffing to voter-suppression, whereas the USA does not (if it does not)? I am thinking that there is a year until the balloting that decides on a Democrat or Republican president. What should Americans do to reduce incidence of irregularities and so on?
-- a more general question, where was fraud/irregularity detected, suspected, proven, in the last Presidential elections?
Edited by william.scherk

Good questions William.

Iowa is the first and it is a caucus system which is easily defrauded as the O'bama operation "bused" in folks from "elsewhere" and they were well trained.

Evita's campaign completely miss-analyzed how it functioned. They were also looking past the Hawkeye Cauci and took it for granted.

Barack's cadres of hard core community organizing operatives kept delaying votes and moving their people from one group to the other so as not to have any final determination until it was very late - 12:00 AM or even later when most folks had gotten disgusted and went home.

Brilliant strategy that has been used by union organizers for over 100 years. Heinlein refers to it in The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.

Each state is different. I am now getting the skinny on each states process.

For example, I spoke to one of the NJ Boards and they have closed primaries which actually have a hole in them that I am going to exploit for The Donald.

No cookie cutter stuff in the USA...

Trump has already succeeded in getting 2 of the 3 cornerstones of effective marketing.

He's gotten & continues to get everyone's attention.

He's gotten & continues to get the interest of many.

The last hurdle is action...getting the voters votes.

-J

Just a quickie for those in the know about crow.

Howard Kurtz: Establishment Media Is No Longer In Denial About Trump

Real Clear Politics Video

October 22, 2015

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4571059786001&w=466&h=263"></script>

Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.comI post this specifically for those who say Trump has no chance at all, nada, zilch...

Michael

lolllllz !!!! If only the election were today !!!!!

My guess is that the day that DT pulls out , well this thread will be very very quiet .

Oh ,there will be excuses .

Yeah but , it was this , it was that , blah blah blah .

100 pages long about predictions and comments , but my guess will be less than one page of bantering after he leaves .

Talk about a stock market bubble , a Silicon Valley bubble , the DT bubble will burst fast and furious . Spiraling very quickly .