Donald Trump

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This certainly got people's attention.

I'm going to wait and see what this ends up being.

Michael

It's got a lot of people freaking out on the Twitters..."#blackout" is trending with lots of speculation...

I just watched this video by Tim Pool because of the title.

I wanted to see what he thought of the ominous words from President Trump saying people might not see him for a while, that he has some rich and powerful enemies who are not happy right now.

But what a pleasant surprise.

Not about Trump's ominous words. Those could mean this or that. We still have to wait and see.

(My favorite speculation is that the shit is going to hit the fan big-time with many powerful people and AG Barr is going to have to take the brunt of the initial heat surge, so the best thing Trump can do at the moment to let Barr get the job done (and done right) is get out of his way. I like that image. 🙂 And that is the way Trump thinks re specific projects once he has a competent person he trusts working for him.)

The pleasant surprise is what Tim and his peeps said about President Trump not being part of the swamp and taking on the whole world as a champion of the American people.

As soon as it looks like he has pissed off so many powerful people his life is in danger, he goes after more of the elitists. And then more. And more. And he pisses off all of them in an ever-growing number.

All his efforts have one theme--they are geared towards defending the American people against being exploited by the elitists, against their different exploitation rackets, including endless war for profit. And the only thing Trump has between him and destruction by the elitists is the massive solid support of the American people.

Man, did they gush--even Tim, who always qualifies whenever he says good things about Trump. This time he didn't qualify. Or if he did, I missed it.

🙂

Michael

• Like 1

Trump today:

"I am providing a payroll tax holiday to Americans earning less than $100,000 per year. In a few moments I will sign a directive instructing the Treasury Department to allow employers to defer payment of the employee portion of certain payroll taxes from the first of August.

"If I am victorious on November third, I plan to forgive these taxes and make permanent cuts to the payroll tax.

"I will terminate that tax."

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Trump today:

"I am providing a payroll tax holiday to Americans earning less than $100,000 per year. In a few moments I will sign a directive instructing the Treasury Department to allow employers to defer payment of the employee portion of certain payroll taxes from the first of August.

"If I am victorious on November third, I plan to forgive these taxes and make permanent cuts to the payroll tax.

"I will terminate that tax."

I'm already seeing complaints of "what about those who make OVER that! It's not fair to them!" (And others who were ready with "but that doesn't help those who are unemployed!" without even letting the man finish, to hear his unemployment plans...) Some are so ready  and eager to pounce with the "gotcha!" moments...

Glass half-empty/half full, I guess...I mean, I understand it on one level, but considering what Trump has to do just to get around Pelosi and co. to do this alone, can't expect it all in one order...

I posted about this in the election thread (with video of him signing and the press melting down).

Here's a copy, including one from yesterday. They are self-explanatory.

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here's a happy thought.

The federal government has been giving out free money to the American people because of the shutdown. (I know it's not really free, but you know what I mean.)

The expiration has recently expired, the end point had ended, the cutoff date has cut off, President Trump he wants to renew the free money for everyone.

He's asking Congress for another trillion dollars (for this and other things). Pelosi and Schumer, with their greed muscles tingling like dinging bells, saw their chance and took it. They said, OK, but we want three trillion. No. Make that three and a half trillion. They're not talking too much about their real problem, though. They need to bail out Dem city and state strongholds that have wasted their funds for years and now can't pay their bills.

So they decided to play Trump. We're not budging and Trump will be blamed for it, they thought. But what did he do?

He gave Pelosi and Schumer plenty of rope to hang themselves with. Boy, did they make one glorious noose. 🙂 

After both had yapped plenty in public about how they are leveraging this situation and they care and they need to force Trump to do the right thing and blah blah blah, Turmp just got up and walked away from the table. He said, fine. He'll give the American people the free money through Executive Order. And that's what he's setting in motion.

So now the Democrats are going to watch the Republicans literally buy votes and there is nothing they can do about it. The Dems are in the position of telling the American people that, even though the federal government wants to give them free money, they (Pelosi and Schumer) are not going to let that happen until they get a much bigger piece of the pie for their cronies.

Trump is not going to suggest a quid quo pro, of course. That would be political suicide and illegal. But the people receiving the free money will easily look at him and think, wow, he's giving me free money. He made it happen. Especially after the checks and direct deposits come in.

Then they will look at Pelosi and Schumer and think, these jerks don't want to give me anything. Not even a measly few hundred dollars. All they think about is hating on Trump and giving millions and billions to their crony friends. In fact, they almost screwed up the free money the government just gave me.

Then November 3rd will come around.

Why would anyone campaign after that? Oh, they will. But why bother?

🙂

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

HOLY SHIT!!!

HE JUST DID IT!!!

Watch him give a press conference saying almost what I just said (without the "no need to campaign" part) and then sign the Executive Orders right in front of everyone. He pulled the goddam trigger... Cash money is coming to the American people and it looks like this week.

(I've set the video to start when he comes in.)

The press just sat there stunned.

Then during the Q&A, there were a few timid questions from reporters. You could almost see these poor deers looking at headlights of vehicles speeding right at them.

But then someone in the press (I don't know who, yet***) woke up and realized what just happened. She started out reasonable, but soon (like within a few seconds) went into a full blown panic badgering President Trump about why he won't negotiate with Congress, what happens if he gets sued, yada yada yada... even talking over President Trump as if there was still time to get to a different outcome that would favor the Dems. After this went on a bit, Trump pointed to the Executive Orders and said, "There it is, right there." 

She still would not shut up, even after he indicated to her several times that her time was up. Boy was she yapping...

So President Trump just said thank you and walked away.

🙂 

If you want to see the press go DEFCON 5 apeshit and anti-Trump heads explode all over TV and social media videos, not to mention the sheer quantity of written bile that is coming, go get your popcorn and settle in. This is going to be one hell of a show.

🙂

Michael

(Later Edit) : *** Paula Reid - CBS.

10 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

I'm already seeing complaints of "what about those who make OVER that! It's not fair to them!"
Glass half-empty/half full, I guess...I mean, I understand it, but considering what Trump has to do just to get around Pelosi and co. to do this alone, can't expect it all in one order...

Tell them to calm down, extract their head from their ass and note his words: "If I am victorious on November third I will terminate that tax."

If they can't do that, tell them to fix the fairness issue they are having -- vote for Biden to ensure no one gets a tax cut, or freedom or a future.

• Like 1

Goodness, now Justin Amish is crying about "constitutionality?"
Do libertarians not see what is going on with the left? (and with many on the right?) Do they think they're playing in some kind of a fair, unrigged game? Does Amish think that Congress gives a damn about the Constitution?

Amash deduces reality from principles as opposed to inducing principles from reality, then checking their extent and validity through observation and deduction.

To people like him, peacetime and wartime are the same contexts.

He's the guy on the sinking Titanic enforcing the chess rules of some men who were playing the game.

He's not a bad man. He's just got a serious case of hardening of the categories.

Michael

• Like 1

What does one make of this? People are intent on finding the "gotcha!" in this (not just leftists, either), but this is gobbledy-gook legalise, to me...(I'm not a tax expert...)

"Payroll tax" is the ~16% FICA gouge they hide half of, by pretending your boss pays it.
It's 36% of the overall take ("revenue"), to fund the "mandatory" 2/3 of the annual blow ("expenditures"). The balance, of course, they print. He's definitely pandering."

Does Trump's order mean that employees will get more in the paychecks, or not?

6 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Amash deduces reality from principles as opposed to inducing principles from reality, then checking their extent and validity through observation and deduction.

To people like him, peacetime and wartime are the same contexts.

He's the guy on the sinking Titanic enforcing the chess rules of some men who were playing the game.

He's not a bad man. He's just got a serious case of hardening of the categories.

Michael

I just don't get how they can't see the Left/Deep State for what it really is, though, whether they're operating from principles>reality or reality>principles; the evidence of the senses should be enough, at this point!

(I mean, if we're using O'ist jargon, then sensation-perception-conception, then the left is the sensation that should be triggering some instinctive pain perceptions, and triggering concepts of danger... 😉 )

20 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Goodness, now Justin Amish is crying about "constitutionality?"
Do libertarians not see what is going on with the left? (and with many on the right?) Do they think they're playing in some kind of a fair, unrigged game? Does Amish think that Congress gives a damn about the Constitution?

I know what you mean about libertarians, but Amash is not failing to snap out of anything, but is a member of the team fighting for its life against Trump who is coming after them with a hangman's noose in hand. He is not a commentator, that is just a role for our consumption.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

I just don't get how they can't see the Left/Deep State for what it really is, though...

TG,

It might be cruel to say, but I bet the following is true more often than not.

The self-proclaimed principled people on our side who cannot see the Deep State for what it is are beneficiaries of the elitist ruling class.

I don't know much about Amash, but scratch him or his family or his peeps and I bet the link will not be hard to find.

Michael

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

It might be cruel to say, but I bet the following is true more often than not.

The self-proclaimed principled people on our side who cannot see the Deep State for what it is are beneficiaries of the elitist ruling class.

I don't know much about Amash, but scratch him or his family or his peeps and I bet the link will not be hard to find.

Michael

I know that's possible. I just had heard good things about him from a friend of mine who had met him. Disappointing, if true.

50 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

What does one make of this? People are intent on finding the "gotcha!" in this, but this is gobbledy-gook legalise, to me...(I'm not a tax expert...)

"Payroll tax" is the ~16% FICA gouge they hide half of, by pretending your boss pays it.
It's 36% of the overall take ("revenue"), to fund the "mandatory" 2/3 of the annual blow ("expenditures"). The balance, of course, they print. He's definitely pandering."

Does Trump's order mean that employees will get more in the paychecks, or not?

It means employees will get more in their paychecks.

Yes, 16% is due. So if the pay to an employee is $100, then the gov't wants $16.

Yes, the employer pays $8 of that and the other half is taken out of the employee's check, and then the $16 is forwarded to the gov't.

(And, yes, it is fair to say that in actual fact the employees are the ones paying all $16, if we track the consequences carefully.)

Trump's order says the employer will no longer have to forward $16, but only their half, $8. He is not giving employers a holiday for their half, but only the employees, for theirs.

So, unless they want to go viral, the employers will stop taking the $8 from the employee's checks.

Once made permanent after his re-election the overall effect will be to cut this tax in half.

(It will still be true that employees really are the ones paying it, as it comes out of the higher rate of wages they would be getting in the absence of the tax.)

But that doesn't change or diminish the fact that the overall effect will be to cut this tax in half.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

I just had heard good things about him from a friend of mine who had met him.

TG,

If Amash is eligible for the $1200 or $3400 and receives it, let's see if he gives it back.

Principles, you know...

:evil:

btw - For anyone worried about the morality of getting this free money from the government. well the government did down large swaths of production in the country. Besides, morality went out the window with the government ages ago. Even more besides, where did the free money come from? The very same people who are now getting it. Taxpayers.

Michael

I'm not going to keep double-posting, but later readers might like this post in this thread.

18 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I probably should say this in the Trump thread, but it is more pertinent to the election even though it is a legal matter.

What Democrat is going to have the balls to file an injunction in a Federal Court against President Trump's executive orders of today?

Do you know what that would mean?

By the time any court would grant one, people are going to be receiving the money. President Trump works really fast on streamlining these things. So the injunction would tell those who received the money that they might have to give it back. And it would tell those who haven't yet received the money that they can't get any. Why? Basically, because Orange Man Bad.

Who in hell is going to do that right before an election?

🙂

The Executive Orders of today are equivalent to the Democratic Party's Titanic slamming into the iceberg.

Ditto for double posting the following meme. But I don't want to be tiresome and overly self-serving, so I'll just give the link to the post where the meme is in Trump Humor: Drumf just cut my unemployment by $200.

🙂 

Michael

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Bingo - only change the word "cannot" to "pretend not to" - and put "on our side" in scare quotes:

"The self-proclaimed principled people 'on our side' who [pretend not to] see the Deep State for what it is are beneficiaries of the elitist ruling class."

Ellen

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Bingo - only change the word "cannot" to "pretend not to" - and put "on our side" in scare quotes:

"The self-proclaimed principled people 'on our side' who [pretend not to] see the Deep State for what it is are beneficiaries of the elitist ruling class."

Ellen

Ellen,

Works for me.

🙂

Michael