Donald Trump

That icon of UN-professionalism, The Huffington Post, states that Donald will be failing by December 2015 and will consider dropping out of the race. The main reasons will be a lack of specific policies that resonate, a lack of a ground game in early voting states and people will be tired of his same old story by then, as with other no talent celebrities. In the meantime, search for Melania Trump, bikini.

I will agree that I am tired of Trump dialogue:

Reporter: Mr. Trump? How would you handle Russia’s bombing of our allies in Syria?

Trump: When I hold the reins of power my solution will be great, not like the policies of that loser, Obama or Lindsey Graham.

When you compare Trump’s usual on the stump answers to EVERY other candidate, he pales in comparison and lacks substance. I am still not sure about his potential immigration policies. His tax plan was a step in the right direction, but come on, if Carly or Marco answered difficult questions like Trump they would be laughed off the stage.

On a more serious note, I agree there is an unholy alliance between Iran, Syria, and Russian though the direct link between Russian and Iranian interests is still tenuous. They just temporarily agree to stay out of each other’s way. If America is the great Satan, and Israel is the little Satan, then Russia is/will become the Atheist/European Mafia Satan who is using force to gain hegemony over the region, over Iran's dead body.

It would be great if Henry Kissinger would come out of retirement and advise Obama on a long term strategy for the region combining all the elements - but that isn’t going to happen. Who else is out there on today’s scene? Do a H. Kissinger analysis by combining the players, Syria, Iran, Russia, The U.S., Egypt, Iraq and the true trip wire, ISRAEL. What will happen when this Russian incursion turns into a plan to attack THE key American ally, Israel?
Peter

Has someone quoted this already? It reminds me of Donald Trump.

"I would give the greatest sunset in the world for one sight of New York's skyline. Particularly when one can't see the details. Just the shapes. The shapes and the thought that made them. The sky over New York and the will of man made visible. What other religion do we need? And then people tell me about pilgrimages to some dank pesthole in a jungle where they go to do homage to a crumbling temple, a leering stone monster with a pot belly, created by some leprous savage. Is it beauty and genius that they want to see? Do they seek a sense of the sublime? Let them come to New York, stand on the shore of the Hudson, look and kneel. When I see the city from my window - no, I don't feel how small I am - but I feel that if a war came to threaten this, I would like to throw myself into space, over the city, and protect these buildings with my body." - Ayn Rand, "The Fountainhead."

I have wondered on this thread, how Trump will handle his fortune? If he wins the first four primaries as polling suggests he is scheduled to do, will he put his business interests into a blind trust? If I were him I would not rush into it, but I would also want to avoid all impropriety. As a voter I would worry more about the Progressive candidates and their cronies profiting from the buildup of the military not a Capitalist like Trump.

An aside. I just saw an ad for the TV show "Madam Secretary". Tia Leone was being sworn in as interim President by Morgan Freeman.

Here is an interesting supposition. Who is more likely to be a crony capitalist, a Republican Capitalist or a Democrat, Progressive candidate? Since departing President Eisenhower warned us of the Military Industrial Complex a lot of the conventional wisdom is that right wingers are the warmongering profiteers. Perhaps war profiteers fit neither political mold, but I worry more about the left wingers.
Peter

Ayn Rand said in her essay, "The Roots of War": Capitalism wins and holds its markets by free competition, at home and abroad. A market conquered by war can be of value (temporarily) only to those advocates of a mixed economy who seek to close it to international competition, impose restrictive regulations, and thus acquire special privileges by force. The same type of businessmen who sought special advantages by government action in their own countries, sought special markets by government action abroad. At whose expense? At the expense of the overwhelming majority of businessmen who paid the taxes for such ventures, but gained nothing. Who justified such policies and sold them to the public? The statist intellectuals who manufactured such doctrines as 'the public interest' or 'national prestige' or 'manifest destiny.'
end quote

Chris Matthew Sciabarra commented on the above: Rand goes on to note that such doctrines as "making the world safe for democracy" and "the Four Freedoms" were used as a rationale for entering World Wars I and II, respectively. In this connection, she observes that "the spirit of nationalistic imperialism in the United States did not come from the right, but from the left" [Woodrow Wilson and FDR], and that, in both cases, the "conservatives" were "overwhelmingly opposed to war but were silenced. In the case of World War II, they were smeared as 'isolationists,' 'reactionaries,' and 'America First'ers'. [Rand is referring to the Old Right of Albert Jay Nock, John T. Flynn, H.L. Mencken, and others.] World War I led not to 'democracy,' but to the creation of three dictatorships: Soviet Russia, Fascist Italy, Nazi Germany. World War II led, not to 'Four Freedoms,' but to the surrender of one-third of the world's population into communist slavery."
end quote

Let's play name the artist or author:

388_manhattan.jpg

"New York is a diamond iceberg floating in river water."

Who is more likely to be a crony capitalist, a Republican Capitalist or a Democrat, Progressive candidate?

Peter,

This is exactly the false dichotomy that is opening an enormous space for Trump.

The crony capitalist is the one who gets government contracts, get regulations passed to cut out competitors, profits off of wars, and so on.

You find them on both Republican and Democratic sides. Both deny it and both do it.

People are sick of it, too.

Trump is not a crony capitalist, not like that. Granted, he bought politicians, but not to control whole industries or supply the war machine. He bought them to get them out of his way.

In other words, he bought politicians to get them to EASE regulations, not to get them to MAKE regulations.

This is why he can say openly he bought them. He doesn't have a cartel to protect or hide. He owns his own business.

Michael

Well, hello, Dali...

Thought you would get that one J.

Very nice. Thought it went well with the Capote quote after it.

Trump is way ahead in the new Pew poll: Trump leads Pew poll as Republicans seek outsider

If you read the mainstream media (left plus old-money establishment Republican), you will see a slew of articles saying this indicates that Trump is losing supporters, that he has peaked, that he has no room to expand, etc. etc., etc.

You look at the numbers in one poll after another, then look at the media saying the numbers are not really the numbers because the real numbers are not the numbers at all, and anyway, the numbers mean Trump is losing. And you wonder just how long this is going to go on. It's actually funny to see the media in perpetual wishful thinking mode.

:smile:

Meanwhile, here are a few interesting items for Trump supporters:

Trump, showing he’s in for long haul, picks staffers for Texas, other Southern states

Trump: I 'Absolutely' Want Ben Carson In My Cabinet

P. Diddy joins rapper fans of Trump

Michael

And there's this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pictures of my beautiful mother, amazing father, and family hanging <a href="https://twitter.com/MontesKitchen">@MontesKitchen</a> in upstate, New York. <a href="http://t.co/lvx5SEhQVv">pic.twitter.com/lvx5SEhQVv</a></p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="

2, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Michael

Here's a huge voting block, too:

I don't expect to see evangelicals accurately reflected in the polls, but I am sure they will be in the voting booths.

I think one of the things that is frustrating the crap out of Glenn Beck is that evangelicals are people who usually follow him in vetting candidates (despite him being Mormon) and he can't get through to them about his hatred of Trump.

Michael

The following video of evangelical pastors praying over Trump will probably be met with a lot of derision among the chattering class. I know it is wildly out of place on a site devoted to discussing Ayn Rand.

But think about this.

Every one of those preachers has a huge congregation. And they all have large flocks of fellow preachers with their own huge congregations who should follow along, not to mention the TV and radio shows.

This is a backstage glimpse at an enormous voting machine being primed, all without the need for Trump himself to become a hardcore Bible-thumper.

I guess you could say this is an example of The Art of the Deal in action. :smile:

Michael

[Trump] bought politicians [...] to get them out of his way.

In other words, he bought politicians to get them to EASE regulations, not to get them to MAKE regulations.

I think that's an important distinction - the difference between trying to fend off the jackals and maneuvering to split the spoils with them.

Ellen

[Trump] bought politicians [...] to get them out of his way.

I think that's an important distinction - the difference between trying to fend off the jackals and maneuvering to split the spoils with them.

Ellen

At least he didn't throw any down the stairs like Nathaniel Taggart did.

--Brant

(AS myth)

Trump's relationship with Megyn Kelly just took a new turn.

Here Megyn is defending Melania Trump:

And here The Donald is thanking her:

I guess his little chat with Roger Ailes went well.

Michael

It is fascinating how the "media" is reporting this "event:"

http://latinousa.org/2015/10/02/trump-cancels-forum-with-us-hispanic-chamber/

In an email to NPR, the Trump campaign said the following:

Donald J. Trump today announced he will not be participating in the October 8th USHCC (United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce) Q&A, as requested by its President and CEO Javier Palomarez. Mr. Trump will be speaking to a capacity crowd at a campaign rally in Nevada on that date. Additionally, Mr. Palomarez continues to leverage the national media attention surrounding Mr. Trump to benefit his organization and exploit Mr. Trump to enlist additional support and increase interest and revenue in his coalition including asking Mr. Trump to join his chamber for a fee amounting to between $25,000 and $2 million dollars, which Mr. Trump refused to do. Mr. Trump remains committed to reaching out to the Hispanic Community in more genuine and productive ways as he continues to share his vision to Make America Great Again.

According to NPR, the USHCC said that the Trump campaign’s call for a fee was a “lie.”

Trump also told CNN that he had never really agreed to making an appearance: “This is the first time I’m hearing about this. I mean, I never agreed. He wanted me to do an event because he probably can’t sell tickets without me. Why would anybody do an event when he’s a negative person?” The New York Times also reported about the Trump cancellation, but made reference to a Fox News report where Trump had said that the October 8 forum “won’t be that easy of a meeting because you’ll have hundreds of people and they will have constituents of his and they may disagree with me, but ultimately we will all get along.”

Let's see, is there any connection between this chamber and the national chamber?

====================================================================

This "media" outlet announces:

Donald Trump abruptly cancels Q&A with Hispanic Chamber of Commerce

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump abruptly pulled out Friday of a question-and-answer session at the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce scheduled for Oct. 15, citing his unwillingness to abide by the terms and conditions of the appearance, the USHCC said.

The head of the chamber explains that:

His camp, Campa-Najjar said, had appeared anxious about what would transpire at the Q&A, and asked if liberal reporters would be there. Trump's campaign expressed particular concern about Univision's anchor Jorge Ramos, who confronted the real estate mogul at a press conference before a speaking event, prompting the candidate's security team to remove the journalist from the room. Ramos later returned and Trump took several of his questions.

Trump's camp also asked if MSNBC's anchor Jose Diaz-Balart would be there. When they were told they were likely to be there, Campa-Najjar said, the campaign staffers strongly objected.

"This is Trump getting cold feet," Campa-Najjar said.

Yep, that is his MO my multi named head of the chamber.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2015/10/02/donald-trump-abruptly-cancels-qa-with-hispanic-chamber-commerce/

Really starting to feel Marco Rubio - John Kasich ticket .

Maybe the wrong thread but Republicans cannot win the WH without Florida and Ohio .

Get your Latinos , your young voters , Ohio on a silver platter .

I could also see Rubio - Carly but looks like Bush is just about done here too .

"I'm not a masochist. If I was dropping in the polls where I saw that I wasn't going to win, why would I continue?" Trump told NBC's Chuck Todd.

I mean like , what do they call that ? checking the the temperature ?
Just preparing his supporters so when he hands off to Rubio or whoever , he can refer to this quote .
The deal maker is getting prepare to deal .

Really starting to feel Marco Rubio - John Kasich ticket .

Maybe the wrong thread but Republicans cannot win the WH without Florida and Ohio .

Get your Latinos , your young voters , Ohio on a silver platter .

I could also see Rubio - Carly but looks like Bush is just about done here too .

I would appreciate it if you would put that pick in the thread I started.

See link below...

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/public/style_images/master/icon_share.png

A...

Post Script:

And congrats on your Blue Jays...well deserved!

How many home runs do you think the Blue Jays and Texas Rangers will hit in their series?

Just preparing his supporters so when he hands off to Rubio or whoever , he can refer to this quote . 

Here's a message to Marc from The Donald:

And, to my knowledge, he doesn't even barbecue crow.

Michael

Trump is on Levin tonight...hour number three.

Thanks, that is good to see and I am not at all surprised.

Also, don't you just love the nice negative at the end, so you subconsciously pull up the big powerful corporation who can't protect your information...

You know, just like the the ones that appear on the bottom of Evita's articles...yeah-right-smiley-emoticon.gif (yeah right!)...

Indeed. The ones at the bottom of Evita's articles can fit on the head of a pin.

-J

Here's a message to Marc from The Donald:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And, to my knowledge, he doesn't even barbecue crow.

Michael

Quote back to DT

I would chirp back to him that if you think the press are trouble makers now , wait till 2016 , wait till they see you lose NH and then listen to the questions.

Win the Nomination ? They coming hard !!

Win POTUS ,

they coming harder !!!!!