Donald Trump

29 minutes ago, Peter said:

Mitt is voting to convict. It sounded like he was almost crying.

Peter,

I watched the video of Romney making his case at the link below.

Mitt Romney Will Vote to Impeach President Trump

Good Lord!

I never thought I would say this, but I think we dodged a bullet when Obama beat him.

If he were president, can you imagine him using this same method of thinking right before he unleashes a nuclear war? His commitment to God is making him do it?

I can imagine that.

Now get this. John McCain went to his grave with a lie in his mouth to trash President Trump and a toxic vote as one of his last important official acts. Now Romney is voting to impeach President Trump after witnessing the kangaroo court the Democrats staged in the House. I wonder what those two guys have in common, I wonder, I wonder?

Establishment crony Republicans are way too petty--as their essential human character trait--to be taken seriously anymore.

Normal lying is one thing. This stuff is a regression to kindergarten.

Michael

2 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

I watched the video of Romney making his case at the link below.

Mitt Romney Will Vote to Impeach President Trump

Good Lord!

I never thought I would say this, but I think we dodged a bullet when Obama beat him.

If he were president, can you imagine him using this same method of thinking right before he unleashes a nuclear war? His commitment to God is making him do it?

I can imagine that.

Now get this. John McCain went to his grave with a lie in his mouth to trash President Trump and a toxic vote as one of his last important official acts. Now Romney is voting to impeach President Trump after witnessing the kangaroo court the Democrats staged in the House. I wonder what those two guys have in common, I wonder, I wonder?

Establishment crony Republicans are way too petty--as their essential human character trait--to be taken seriously anymore.

Normal lying is one thing. This stuff is a regression to kindergarten.

Michael

I agree. It seems irrational on Utah Skeletor Mick Romboid’s part. Aside. Forbes has Trumps current wealth at 3 Billion Dollars, and Gloombird’s at 48 Billion. 

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have watched the video replay of President Trump handing the text of The State of the Union to VP Pence and Pelosi and I think he just did not see her out struck hand.

Peter,

Absolutely right.

President Trump did not shake Pence's hand, so why would he expect to shake hers as part of the ceremony? Besides, she only extended her hand as he was turning and looking elsewhere. Further, I doubt she did that on purpose to set him up.

Sometimes a glitch is a glitch and nothing more.

Unless you belong to the mainstream fake news media.

Michael

That is a good analyses Michael. But her tearing up the document up was DEFINITELY disrespectful and hateful.

To reiterate before the Senate vote. The President is the final, top “cog” in the chain of command for our Department of Justice, and if he hears of a possible illegal activity, even if it is his related to his opponent in a Presidential race, it is within his scope of “duty” to either ask for an investigation, or to ask a foreign government what they know. That is not a high crime or misdemeanor. What is good for the country can also be good for the President.

Remember the lies the Dem‘s concocted and spread about Trump’s sexual misconduct and how he supposedly urinated on a bed Hillary had slept in? Now that should be misdemeanor libel.    

Maybe Mitt will be struck by a lightning bolt of pure wisdom before the vote and will then vote with most of his Mormon constituents and vote to acquit. I think around 55 percent of Mormons approve of President Trump's record.

How does that go? "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I think Joe Biden, his brother, and his son Hunter, profited enormously from Vice President Biden’s time in office, and that is, or may be, corrupt. I would like to see “justice for all.” I think Biden said his loss in Iowa was a kick in the gut. If Biden drops out after New Hampshire should the U.S. Department of Justice investigate him and his family? Remember all the questionable things from The Clinton Foundation that were not thoroughly investigated? Where is the justice in that?

I see Chuckie Cheese Schumer (D-NY) is droning on and on, in the Senate.   

Just like there was no wiretapping of Trump Tower, CrowdStrike did nothing nefarious reporting on DNC servers.

And he wasn't asking for an investigation into a high ranking American official, he was targeting dirt on a future rival candidate.

It's plain as day.

• Like 1

President Trump if formally acquitted.

It was a purely partisan vote except for Romney on the first charge of abuse of power. In other words, all Democrats voted guilty and all Republicans voted not guilty except that one case. Here is the breakdown:

Charge 1 - Abuse of power
52 Not guilty
48 Guilty

Charge 2 - Obstruction of Congress
53 Not guilty
47 Guilty

They needed 67 to convict.

Thus the impeachment sham is ended. Or, at least, this one is.

Michael

57 minutes ago, tmj said:

Just like there was no wiretapping of Trump Tower, CrowdStrike did nothing nefarious reporting on DNC servers.

And he wasn't asking for an investigation into a high ranking American official, he was targeting dirt on a future rival candidate.

It's plain as day.

Isn’t it comical? Don’t they want to be grounded again?

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Odd. Romney was governor of Massachuchuchusetts but now he is senator from Utah.   

Father was Gov of Michigan, I think it was.

Family is from Mexico, been there several generations.

Somebody owns the drug cartels, as businesses.

The characters we see “finally imprisoned after all these years of eluding law enforcement” are their little bitches, not billionaires, not calling the shots, but little bitches of the people who own the cartel as a business.

We will soon find out, get to see the faces, of those behind the curtains. Mittens wants more delay. There won’t be much more. Bye, bye, Mittens.

I know it is HuffandpuffPost, took me two minutes, I searched:

Mitt Latin America boston

I don’t have time to dig into again now. If you do, you will be calling him Piece of Shit Mitt in no time.

“When Romney struggled to raise funds from other traditional sources, he and his partners started thinking outside the box. Bain executive Harry Strachan suggested that Romney meet with a group of Central American oligarchs who were looking for new investment vehicles as turmoil engulfed their region.

“Romney was worried that the oligarchs might be tied to “illegal drug money, right-wing death squads, or left-wing terrorism,” Strachan later told a Boston Globe reporter, as quoted in the 2012 book “The Real Romney.” But, pressed for capital, Romney pushed his concerns aside and flew to Miami in mid-1984 to meet with the Salvadorans at a local bank.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mitt-romney-death-squads-bain_n_1710133

Let's see...

Superbowl Chiefs win, SOTU address killed it, impeachment acquittal...

Now for more breaking news.

On 1/14/2020 at 10:36 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I predict that tomorrow, President Trump will be just as much President as he is today, and that Generalissimo Franco will be just as dead.

Let's see what happens.

More updates as we go along.

:)

Michael

Can history repeat itself? One thing I believe for sure, if or when the Democrats get in again, they will enact vicious vengeance on their "enemies". 

Heres a (alarming/alarmist) perspective published by the economic journal American Consequences (which I subscribed to simply because an old favorite PJ O'Rourke is the editor;)).

http://click.exct.stansberryresearch.com/?qs=f584c3cd2edea501afa6731cc54864643d377018591f135b975c510b8d823abea3f8142012fd580d06ad1426d0495578f3dbde1bd8af04a8

26 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Attempted coup and Greenspan’s wife feels scandalized the President said potty talk.

Think about that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mitchellreports/status/1225471491560689664

Well, my Dad was a crypto Nazi and my Mom was a crypto Commie. I'm not going to knock Greenspan for marrying a Democrat.

--Brant

By the end of the century, if the United States still exists, it will have an emperor. An emperor is the only alternative to brain dead and ethically dead politicos.

So hoi polloi better get smart and assertive.

Nancy Pee simply wants to rule the HOR and expects to continue in that vein after the re-election of DT. Now, if that happens, and the prez and vice prez are assassinated . . .

--Brant

36 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

By the end of the century, if the United States still exists, it will have an emperor. An emperor is the only alternative to brain dead and ethically dead politicos.

So hoi polloi better get smart and assertive.

Nancy Pee simply wants to rule the HOR and expects to continue in that vein after the re-election of DT. Now, if that happens, and the prez and vice prez are assassinated . . .

--Brant

Said assassinations were attempted several times the past three years. They will be documented and discussed openly soon. I discussed two here while they were happening. If one had succeeded or if one succeeds tomorrow then the military will flood all populated areas (they are in place) and all co-conspirators will be arrested. A team has taken control, back in 2015 the latest. Hillary thought her win was guaranteed. This team prevented her win. Trump is their very important front man. Assasinating him will change their plans but not the outcome. Pelosi and Liddle’Diddler and Soros and Billy Gates and Schumer and all their puppet masters have already had it explained to them that they and all of theirs will be disintegrated from the sky within minutes of said assassinations.

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

Tell me about that, what was that like growing up?

Not at all dramatic. I really didn't know my Dad until I went to live with him and my step mother when I was 16. I was born in Tucson in 1944 and he had already decamped back to NYC by the time of my first retained memories age two. A newspaper reporter with a genius IQ (189) he became, I learned, a bad alcoholic in 1943. Arrested for a DUI and after a short time in jail he attempted to attack a city cop with his cane on the street and the powers that be told my Mom he had better get out of town, so he did.

He was almost put on trial for his pre-WWII activities and was summoned to Washington to testify before a Federal Grand Jury. He flew, which was hard to do in the middle of the war. There was a trial that lasted for over a year with 12 defendants. The judge died and it never went to a jury. (See "A Trial On Trial"--I think that's the title.) You can read about John Gaede pre war in "Under Cover." Dad told me the author got a lot wrong about the people on it including him but was good depicting the various personalities.

He was anti-war, pro German--but not a German-American Bund. He wrote two subscription newsletters and had a couple of hundred subscribers  and spoke at Madison Square Garden. There a cop grabbed his cane and tried to force it open to reveal a sword, but there wasn't a sword. These were America First anti-war rallies. I know what the old Garden looked like as I went there in 1962 for an anti-communist Christian rally. If Buckley was right Rand was probably there merely because of her anti-communism, but then I didn't know her from a hole in the ground. I was only 18 and helped collect the money.We piled it on a table in a back room. That Swartz (sp?) guy who ran it really knew how to take it in.

(to be continued)

• Like 2

Pelosi was bragging about how, “The President will always be impeached.”

Perhaps Our President should remind her that she will always be known for her failure to convict, her spiteful pettiness, and for irrationally tearing up HER COPY of The State of The Union Address. (On ebay for $17,000 if I heard that correctly)

Her erratic behavior and hatred will always be available for the nightly news or for posterity.  History will judge her harshly.