Donald Trump

From AP. MANCHESTER, N.H. — Hillary Clinton appears to call Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard "the favorite of the Russians" in a recent interview, while also describing 2016 Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein as "a Russian asset." end quote

I had a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.” President Trump is fulfilling that dream more than anyone since the time of Thomas Jefferson (and no. I haven't forgotten history, but I am just ignoring the issue of slavery back then. If you visit Monticello, the guide will mention slave quarters and how TJ had slaves but treated them humanely.) I had a dream where Biden, Warren, or whichever “lucky one” gets the Democratic nomination can’t even fill up a medium sized arena. But POTUS packs them in. I see Biden and Warren are frequently tied in the polls. The Lying One, Elizabeth Warren, would be a disaster. And Biden would usher in more of the deep state cronyism, graft and decline. A Biden / Warren ticket would be a built in disaster, especially if Warren is in office when 76 year old Biden leaves for whatever reason. How can anyone trust her to not lie about anything?     

Per the article below, I think of Texas as being safe and conservative Trump territory, but influxes of people from more liberal states and an increase in Hispanics is making the state a bit more iffy, as illustrated by the closer than expected race between Ted Cruz and Beto. Peter

From Real Clear Politics. Closed up and edited for brevity. Trump in Dallas: I'm Not Losing Texas By Susan Crabtree - RCP Staff October 18, 2019. In a week when Republican anger over President Trump’s foreign policy managed to supplant the Democrats’ impeachment push in top news headlines, Trump sought refuge in a state that looks and feels just about as different as can be from Washington, D.C. Trump made the 12th visit to Texas of his presidency, basking Thursday night in the adulation of sign-waving supporters who formed a sea of red “Make America Great Again” hats sprinkled with white “Trump 2020” ten-gallons.  

“I’m thrilled to be here deep in the heart of Texas,” the president told the roaring, 20,000-strong crowd at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. “There has never been a better time to be a proud Texan.” He was likely referring to the Lone Star State’s strong economy, which has grown even more robust during his presidency with the creation of close to 800,000 new jobs, including 70,000 in the manufacturing sector since the end of 2016. “That compares to 55,000 manufacturing jobs lost under President Obama,” said Trump Campaign Manager Brad Parscale. “And with his dedication to supporting and expanding the energy industry, President Trump will help grow the Texas economy even more after he’s reelected.”

But Trump’s “no better time” assertion rings a little hollow when it comes to Texas Republicans. The once crimson state is tinging purple as its Hispanic population grows and new residents pour in from California and other more liberal-leaning states. In 2018, the same year Beto O’Rourke came close to defeating Sen. Ted Cruz, Democrats made big gains across the board, flipping two House seats, two Texas state Senate seats and 12 Texas House seats, even in some traditionally conservative bastions. The GOP leader of the Texas House of Representatives is now engulfed in his own scandal for a caught-on-tape moment saying Trump is “killing us” in suburban districts. The same recording had Speaker Dennis Bonnen granting a longtime request from the head of a conservative group to gain media credentials in exchange for the leader’s help in defeating 10 moderate House Republican incumbents . . . .

President Trump just punked the Dems and anti-Trumpers, including the fake news media, big time and they don't even know it.

BREAKING: Trump Announces Doral Resort No Longer Host Site for G-7

Those anti-Trump idiots are celebrating, mocking and hollering Emoluments Clause and so on. They're treating this cancellation like a victory.

Well, here's the backstory.

The last time the US hosted the G-8 Summit (it was G-8 back then) was in 2012 at Camp David. It was President Obama's baby.

The word is there was some grumbling among the world leaders about the accommodations being too plain and not much space to settle in with all their peeps. Camp David is not exactly outfitted for lap of luxury people.

The Doral Resort is a rich man's dream and there would certainly have been no such complaints there.

But the anti-Trumpers when full on hostile about using Doral, even though President Trump offered it at no profit.

So now he will probably set things up at Camp David again.

I can imagine the conversations when it gets underway.

Every time a gripe comes up from a world leader, someone from the President Trump camp will say, "We were all set in paradise on earth, Doral, but the Dems complained so much, we had to come here." Then they will point to the abundant self-righteous press articles. "See?"

The world leaders will grunt some kind of "no problem," bitch to their entourages in private, and do what they can to cut it short when possible.

And people on the Dem side, when they later knock on the doors of those world leaders, they will be received with a bad taste in said leaders' mouths. Not a deal killer, but definitely the wrong frame for generating any kind of leverage.

:) 

Also, the House Dems were getting ready to vote on a nonbinding resolution condemning the choice of Doral as a pretext with some aura of legitimacy for impeachment. Now another trick cigar has exploded in their faces.

I'm beginning to believe the current Dems are just plain stupid for real.

Michael

On 6/9/2019 at 12:50 AM, Peter said:

The Guardian prints Trump ‘is not welcome’ in UK, but photos say otherwise June 3, 2019 | by Samantha Chang.

The favorable article was mostly pictures The queen is in many as are Donald and Melania. So are Camilla and Charles. And Ivanka and Jared Kushner. I know what a “posed” smiley face is. I saw none of those. These people were genuinely having fun meeting each other. Charles is more stoic but that is his nature. Several times Queen Elizabeth looked tickled pink. I think The Royals and the President and his entourage had a very nice time. They were liked and amused by each other. No fakery. I could imagine the inviters and the guests both said, “That was really fun. Let’s do it again sometime!”

Headline just now. Why Are Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Having Such A Hard Time With Their Royal Life?

They should forget about Africa and visit Canada and The U.S.! Of course, say hello to the commoners but also visitez le parlement du Canada and check out Mitch McConnell and our great President and his wife. Can you imagine the “stir” that would cause? The adulation? The capture of two - thirds of every news broadcast? Peter

Notes.

We will never be royals.

When are I've never seen a diamond in the flesh
I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies
And I'm not proud of my address, in the torn up town
No post code envy

But every song's like gold teeth, Grey Goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Bloodstains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room
We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams
But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair

And we'll never be royals
It don't run in our blood
That kind of lux just ain't for us
We crave a different kind of buzz
Let me be your ruler, you can call me Queen B
And baby I'll rule (I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule)
Let me live that fantasy

My friends and I we've cracked the code
We count our dollars on the train to the party
And everyone who knows us knows that we're fine with this
We didn't come from money

But every song's like gold teeth, Grey Goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Bloodstains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room
We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams
But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair

And we'll never be royals
It don't run in our blood
That kind of lux just ain't for us
We crave a different kind of buzz
Let me be your ruler, you can call me Queen B
And baby I'll rule (I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule)
Let me live that fantasy . . . . 

Full interview with President Trump and Sean Hannity.

"Trump goes one-on-one with Hannity to sound off on Democrats' impeachment push, Syria, and Hillary Clinton in this wide-ranging exclusive interview. #Hannity #FoxNews"

I think I heard last night that some royals are coming to America. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry! Get your cameras out. Maybe President Trump will put them up. I wonder if they will bring their young'un, take their shoes off, and stay a while? 

Rand stays up late. What a great guy and is he gutsy or what? Peter

Thu 10/24/2019 12:28 AM from Rand Paul. Dear Patriot, you and I have spent a lot of time fighting for change in our foreign policy. Ever since Iraq, we have been involved in wars that were geopolitical mistakes, and costly ones. We have lost too many lives and spent too many tax dollars. I ran for office partly to be a voice for change. I’m pleased to say that the Presidency of Donald Trump has been better than any in recent memory, and a bold step toward change. But of course the neocons, the liberal hawks and the establishment of both parties in Washington DC always wants more and more war. Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Syria — we are too many places, and very few people in office want us out. I do. You do. And President Trump does too. I’ve chosen to help rally people to his defense to STOP THE ENDLESS WARS. Will you stand with us today?

Can good news get boring? Yawn. To repeat the good news that seems to echo every week: the S&P is hovering near a record high at 3024 at 1:25. The Dow is at 26,987. Our President was just in South Carolina discussing *criminal justice*. Is President Trump a laissez faire capitalist? Somewhat, and better than anyone since the founding fathers, as illustrated by the BOOM we are in. Business Cycles occur but the predictors keep putting off a mini recession until after 2020, at the earliest. Events on the world stage could change that. I think Trump does separate the American government and economics quite well, but he will use America’s economic might as Teddy Roosevelt did. “Big Stick,” may not be the identifying words he will use but that is what it is. Of course, if you are making Wheel of Fortune money in stocks you want to keep hearing that echo I mentioned. Peter   

Rand notes. The ideal political-economic system is ~laissez-faire~ capitalism. It is a system where men deal with one another, not as victims and executioners, nor as masters and slaves, but as ~traders~, by free, voluntary exchange to mutual benefit. It is a system where no man may obtain any values from others by resorting to physical force, and ~no man may initiate the use of physical force against others~. The government acts only as a policeman that protects man's rights; it uses physical force ~only~ in retaliation and ~only~ against those who initiate its use, such as criminals or foreign invaders. In a system of full capitalism, there should be (but, historically, has not yet been) a complete separation of state and economics, in the same way and for the same reasons as the separation of state and church.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:54 AM, william.scherk said:

The 'Deep State' DOJ under A-G Barr apparently thinks that Giuliani was working both sides of the street with his 'work' lobbying Ukrainian interests.  The charges against Fruman and Parnas detail alleged efforts to funnel foreign cash into a political campaign. Cue photos of the duo with the Trumps.

How a Veteran Reporter Worked with Giuliani’s Associates to Launch the Ukraine Conspiracy
-- Lev Parnas, recently indicted for foreign influence in U.S. elections, collaborated closely with The Hill’s John Solomon to fuel spurious allegations involving the Bidens and Ukraine.

Lawyers for Ukrainian oligarch have another client: The columnist who pushed Biden corruption claims
-- Conservative legal duo Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing represent gas tycoon Dmitry Firtash as well as the writer John Solomon.

Giuliani probe snowballs
-- The Justice Department is bringing more resources to the investigation, indicating widening trouble for one of Trump's lawyers.

Rudy Giuliani butt-dials NBC reporter, heard discussing need for cash and trashing Bidens
-- “The problem is we need some money,” Giuliani says to an unidentified man during an accidental call to NBC News writer.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:38 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Billy, you are so cute in your pathetic spinelessness.

You walked away from Jonathan and others at your pathetic climate doom hysteria blog. You are losing, so you left. You're been wrong about everything for three years. Everything.

So now you console yourself by hunting down and liking posts of anyone you can find who ever said something mildly sassy to me. Three and a half years old. god you are a loser.

You quoted me.  But my name isn't Billy.

Robert

Edited by Robert Campbell

In fact, let's do it this way.

Obama's situation room picture for the Osama bin Laden takedown (one helicopter lost and one SEAL lightly injured), with POTUS just fresh off the golf course and a card game.

image.png

Trump's situation room picture for the al-Baghdadi takedown (perfect execution except an injured dog).

image.png

Michael

6 hours ago, Peter said:

I think I heard the ISIS piece of shit "took" some children with him into the tunnel before he detonated his vest. What a sack of . . .

Peter,

Right.

But the press went apeshit because President Trump didn't take Barron to the baseball game. They said and implied he wasn't a good dad because of this.

I personally think blowing your kids to smithereens on purpose after using them as a human shield is a sign you're not a good dad... 

I wonder if the press will ever notice the difference...

:)

Michael

Boom Town! October 28. S&P 500 closes at record high. And the last five minutes of today’s DOW: 27089 27093 27095 27088 27091 27086 27088 27086 27089 ending at 27090.72, up 132.66 points. How much money was gambled today? Well, it paid off. Nearly everybody looks smart. How cool is that? Too bad Marilyn Monroe isn’t here to sing, “Happy birthday, Mr. President.”  

An oldie but a goodie? Peter

From “Rose Gold,” by Walter Mosley page 297, Easy Rawlings is narrating: Half an hour later I was sitting in the kitchen reading the only book I could find, “Atlas Shrugged,” a book I had heard lots about, but never read. I knew that Rand’s philosophy Objectivism, was the talisman of free thinkers and capitalists around the world but in the few pages I got through I couldn’t make out her argument. Of course I wasn’t so much thinking about abstract ideas of laissez-faire capitalism with a million dollars in the hall closet.

From page 307, Easy Rawlings thinking: For twenty minutes we talked about Ayn Rand and her Objectivist philosophy.

“But she ain’t really no real philosopher,” Jackson said at last.

“She writes philosophy,” I argued.

“Yeah but really it’s just ideas that’s alive in the air,” he said. “She pluck out them concepts and act like they were her own. But you know a real philosopher tells you what’s comin.’ ‘Cause you know the world always gonna change an’ the genuine thinker give you some warnin’ ‘bout things nobody else even suspects.”

I stopped arguing after that. I had learned over time that even if Jackson was wrong he could still talk circles around me. 

More on the dog.

Military Dog Hurt in al-Baghdadi Raid Returns to Duty

That's one tough son of a bitch (literally). :) 

Incidentally, did anyone notice that when the bin Laden raid happened, the enemy was not wearing suicide vests, but with al-Baghdadi, the enemy was?

That means the flawless execution of the al-Baghdadi takedown was even more impressive than a simple comparison indicates. I'm not dissing the Special Forces that took down bin Laden, but notice they were being commanded by pussies in the situation room who constantly changed rules of engagement. That meant the opportunity for errors increased exponentially than if they had been allowed to fight they way they knew how.

When command and field are in total alignment in obliterating the enemy, notice that not even a bunch of suicide vests among the enemy put a scratch on a single American warrior.

Another comparison. President Obama buried bin Laden at sea out of respect. President Trump said al-Baghdadi "died like a dog," as he was hunted down in a dead end tunnel by American military dogs before blowing himself up along with three children, and that he was “whimpering, and crying, and screaming all the way."

Which feels better to ya'?

I know which one I like best. And it ain't the way Obama did it.

Michael

20 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

In fact, let's do it this way.

Here is an excellent analysis of the two situation room pictures by Glenn Beck and one of his sidekicks.

(I know, I know, it's Glenn Beck and I soured on him. But he's coming back into the fold so there's that. Also, he still goes off the rails at times, albeit less and less these days from what little I have seen. But when he's onto something, he's really good.)

This photo analysis is especially interesting if you want to learn a little about visual impact.

Here's a teaser. The Obama situation room picture looks like a selfie from an extender. The camera looks down at the people as if you, the viewer, are looking down on them from a higher angle.

The Trump picture puts you, the viewer, right at the table with President Trump and his staff.

That's just for starters.

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here is an excellent analysis of the two situation room pictures by Glenn Beck and one of his sidekicks.

(I know, I know, it's Glenn Beck and I soured on him. But he's coming back into the fold so there's that. Also, he still goes off the rails at times, albeit less and less these days from what little I have seen. But when he's onto something, he's really good.)

This photo analysis is especially interesting if you want to learn a little about visual impact.

Here's a teaser. The Obama situation room picture looks like a selfie from an extender. The camera looks down at the people as if you, the viewer, are looking down on them from a higher angle.

The Trump picture puts you, the viewer, right at the table with President Trump and his staff.

That's just for starters.

Michael

The Obama pic is taken from a greater height but it is still very much like you are in the room with them as it is from a height between tha eyes of the people standing and those of the people sitting,